Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329563 times)

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2475 on: December 16, 2015, 12:35:56 pm »

Faust, why it PoE "bogus" ? Because you don't agree with it I suppose.

Well, please note that your speculation about what scum would do here are bogus.

I don't believe in a PoE that leaves you with only 2 people on day 2. It means you have been giving out town reads too easily.

3 actually, I'd be fine with lynching Hydrad.

I obviously have been, I'm definitely wrong about at least one of my town reads. But those are my reads, so...
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: December 16, 2015, 12:37:04 pm »

Some part of the poe was a desire to lynch off the awa wagon.  That narrows it to 4 straightaway then you only need to give out 2 townreads. Hardly too many.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: December 16, 2015, 12:38:20 pm »

Some part of the poe was a desire to lynch off the awa wagon.  That narrows it to 4 straightaway then you only need to give out 2 townreads. Hardly too many.

Yes, that off-wagon argument was always awful.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: December 16, 2015, 12:38:39 pm »

Like,scum ramping up wagons on people to out PRs is a paranoid town fantasy at best, never seen it really done.

I'm not saying it was the plan all along. But if I as scum see a VT claim, I'll definitely think "well, I'd prefer to keep this one alive".

I guess. Haven't seen much precedent for it though. This day has been incertain enough that I think scum would be pretty glad to get the mislynch in.

And also, EgorK could still be scum. I think his claim makes him less scummy, but I still like his lynch more than most others.

PPE : As faust pointed out, those are not different odds than with the whole playerbase.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: December 16, 2015, 12:39:01 pm »

Vote: EgorK
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: December 16, 2015, 12:39:50 pm »

Yeah, I don't really care about that wagon yet. Later on it will be useful, but for now we should just lynch scummy people. Like you.

vote: haddock
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: December 16, 2015, 12:47:53 pm »

Yeah, I don't really care about that wagon yet. Later on it will be useful, but for now we should just lynch scummy people. Like you.

vote: haddock
Sigh.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: December 16, 2015, 12:51:32 pm »

One thing that reinforces my scum read on e is his attitude towards me. I have been semi-tunneling him for a while now, and I think he responded a bit towards the end of day 1, but nothing since then.

Now, to be clear, this is undoubtedly the most pro-town reaction there is, because long, drawn-out fights between people who believe the other is scum tend to be unproductive. But this is what has bugged me about e's play this game all along : ash once said that when I'm scummy I'm town and when I'm townie I'm scum. I don't fully agree, but I think he's getting at something here : people who have a townie meta (like e) will double down on their efforts to appear pro-town as scum. In other words, e's play this game is too townie to be town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: December 16, 2015, 12:54:53 pm »

One thing that reinforces my scum read on e is his attitude towards me. I have been semi-tunneling him for a while now, and I think he responded a bit towards the end of day 1, but nothing since then.

Now, to be clear, this is undoubtedly the most pro-town reaction there is, because long, drawn-out fights between people who believe the other is scum tend to be unproductive. But this is what has bugged me about e's play this game all along : ash once said that when I'm scummy I'm town and when I'm townie I'm scum. I don't fully agree, but I think he's getting at something here : people who have a townie meta (like e) will double down on their efforts to appear pro-town as scum. In other words, e's play this game is too townie to be town.

I agree, though I think

"people who have a townie meta (like e) will double down on their efforts to appear pro-town as scum."

exactly applies to you as well.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: December 16, 2015, 12:56:13 pm »

I agree, though I think

"people who have a townie meta (like e) will double down on their efforts to appear pro-town as scum."

exactly applies to you as well.

Well, yes, that's what I said.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: December 16, 2015, 01:29:57 pm »

Ok, I re-read EgorK.

These are the things EgorK has done that contributed to me wanting to vote for him.

1) Push my lynch for bolding incorrectly, drops it when it proves unpopular
2) Stays on a weak case for RR all day D1, pays little attention to what else happens. 3) Drops his RR case D2 without giving a reason, just mentions "I don't think RR is scum anymore" at one point.
4) Pushes Yuma lynch right away for derphammer, drops it when pressured and sees it is unpopular. Seems very similar to when he voted me for bolding incorrectly. 
5) Post#2234 where he makes a case on Haddock that basically may as well be a case on him.

The more I study the case, the more it looks weak. Egor has looked townier today. He just had a scummy entrance into D2 that made him my default vote when I didn't know who else to vote for, but the more I look at D2 the less his vote feels warranted.

Unvote

Egor: Why did you drop your case on Roadrunner?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: December 16, 2015, 01:33:07 pm »

So what does it mean? I think there is scum on that wagon. Scum who wanted the claim and now prefer to get a PR mislynched. The wagon is:

Ugh. I don't think that is how scum ever plays. Scum wants a mislynch. It uses night kills to eliminate PRs. I think you are approaching this poorly.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: December 16, 2015, 01:34:10 pm »

Ok I'm feeling better about leaving WW/faust alive for now and seeing if things don't add up later on also.

Now for who else to vote... muhahahhaha.

Vote: Egork and I believe L-1

The reason this looked scummy is because you had never voted for EgorK before, and gave no reason for voting him now. It just looked like you were trying to find the easiest person to mislynch. Also, you actually laughed evilly. I mean, come on.

Now I need to do a Hydrad re-read.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: December 16, 2015, 01:34:43 pm »

Like,scum ramping up wagons on people to out PRs is a paranoid town fantasy at best, never seen it really done.

oh wait... I am agreeing with Teproc.... Yikes!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: December 16, 2015, 01:36:03 pm »

There's so many opinions out there on everything, you were bound to agree with one of them.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2490 on: December 16, 2015, 01:37:09 pm »

There's so many opinions out there on everything, you were bound to agree with one of them.

My plan, it worked !

Mouahahahahahaha... wait, are we not supposed to do evil laughs ?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2491 on: December 16, 2015, 01:37:49 pm »

Ok, I re-read EgorK.

These are the things EgorK has done that contributed to me wanting to vote for him.

2) Stays on a weak case for RR all day D1, pays little attention to what else happens. 3) Drops his RR case D2 without giving a reason, just mentions "I don't think RR is scum anymore" at one point.
4) Pushes Yuma lynch right away for derphammer, drops it when pressured and sees it is unpopular. Seems very similar to when he voted me for bolding incorrectly. 
5) Post#2234 where he makes a case on Haddock that basically may as well be a case on him.

The more I study the case, the more it looks weak. Egor has looked townier today. He just had a scummy entrance into D2 that made him my default vote when I didn't know who else to vote for, but the more I look at D2 the less his vote feels warranted.

Unvote

getting a scummy vibe again from iguana for this post.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2492 on: December 16, 2015, 01:48:48 pm »

Unofficial Vote Count:

WW (1): Ampharos
Egor (2): Hydrad, RR
Haddock (3): Egor, faust, e
Teproc (2): WW, yuma
e (2): Haddock, Teproc

Hooray, I'm the leading wagon.  :-\

I really don't know what to do here.  We're over 100 pages and I'm completely lost.  I like my e vote, I think, but I'm not sure about anything any more.  We need some wagons again, deadline is getting closeish now. 

Ampharos, WW is not getting lynched today it seems.  Vote someone else?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2493 on: December 16, 2015, 01:50:31 pm »

Oh and not voting: Igu

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2494 on: December 16, 2015, 01:51:08 pm »

Unofficial Vote Count:

WW (1): Ampharos
Egor (2): Hydrad, RR
Haddock (3): Egor, faust, e
Teproc (2): WW, yuma
e (2): Haddock, Teproc

Hooray, I'm the leading wagon.  :-\

I really don't know what to do here.  We're over 100 pages and I'm completely lost.  I like my e vote, I think, but I'm not sure about anything any more.  We need some wagons again, deadline is getting closeish now. 

Ampharos, WW is not getting lynched today it seems.  Vote someone else?

Fine.

Vote: Teproc

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2495 on: December 16, 2015, 01:52:13 pm »

Ok, I re-read EgorK.

Unvote

getting a scummy vibe again from iguana for this post.

Seems like you are getting a scummy vibe from me every time I try to actually do some work and interpret the game.

Want to share your thoughts?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2496 on: December 16, 2015, 01:54:46 pm »

Oh and not voting: Igu

voting is nice. Amph still voting for WW is not. Be a champ man and utilize your vote a bit better.

Also there was a reason that I really thought Haddock was town. I should go find it and re-reference it:

Right this thing... oh dear, another instance of agreeing with teproc...:

Haddock's reaction to all this is pretty townie.

Why is that?

His reaction is that he got the point and wants to move on because
a) it's not nice having people berate you (alignment-neutral)
b) it's distracting from the actual game

I think scum would either go "you're not the boss of me" and stay on Hydrad, or unvote or log off. I don't think they'd cede to the pressure and change their vote back, because they don't want to appear to malleable, as it puts the falseness of their reads in sharp focus.

I agree. I thought his "If I go back someone will accuse me of being scummy" and then doing just that was actually pretty townie.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2497 on: December 16, 2015, 01:55:32 pm »

Seems like you are getting a scummy vibe from me every time I try to actually do some work and interpret the game.

Want to share your thoughts?

Other than all the thoughts I have already put out...

No.

Also PPE from last post, thanks Ampharos!

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2498 on: December 16, 2015, 01:57:20 pm »

So Hydrad is just a mix of null and scummy throughout the entire game. There are a lot of unexplained votes, a lot of "let's kill this person for information" posts, and a really heavy use of the word interesting as a sole commentary on things happening.

I think the only reason I wasn't voting for him before is WW's claim.

Vote: Hydrad

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2499 on: December 16, 2015, 02:00:33 pm »

Right, Hydrad is better than Haddock.

Vote: Hydrad
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 ... 98 99 [100] 101 102 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.115 seconds with 15 queries.