Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48  All

Author Topic: M126: Game Over, Town Wins!  (Read 114132 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: M126: Everyone Take Day Five
« Reply #925 on: May 01, 2020, 05:05:35 pm »

Huh - it's fun reading this analysis. Is it worth explaining different things? I can and will, if y'all want me to.

Yes, all the feedback on ash's analysis of you is good.
I am not sure I agree. There is such a thing as over content. I think it is worth responding to if the points actually lead to votes.

If you feel ash is saying something in a certain way to intentionally make you look bad that is another matter. But if it is just clarifying, I dont really see the point and probably won't fully read.

Remember most interactions here are town v town.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: May 01, 2020, 05:27:25 pm »

Started my scola re-read.  Did D1.

Not much there of substance from scola.  They state some incorrect and/or iffy setup stuff after shraeye's cop claim, showing a grand misunderstanding of how the setup works, that they didn't read the setup, or I guess something more sinister (but not really).

Didn't have many reads.  Voted for WCD at some point, did vote Joseph for L-1.  I guess that could have been a setup with raptor (who failed to hammer), but it would have needed to be pre-planned in a general way (we both make sure we're on near deadline, if we can get away with L-1 but no hammer let's do it), but that's 1) unlikely for that particular trio (no offense) and a bad plan (also, no offense).

MiX had an early scum read there, and voted.

That's basically it.  Enough to auto-lynch on D2, really, given lack of helpfulness and lack of reads given.  On D5, though?  More days to read through.

agree with the current situation but we are on way off different pages in regards to Scola read on Day 1. Scola Checked in 5 hours previous to DL and voted for WCD. Then without checking in at all, just votes for Joseph, putting them at L-1 with 30mins left on the clock.
Here is the thing - *IF* pasta is skum then he knows that Joseph is skum and Raptor is skum. He knows faust is off. So that means that literally the only people that can make a move to Raptor after he does to make it happen were Cayvie(ash) who had been afk for like 3 full days, and then Shraeye/LL (who were both on the WCD wagon with him).
Why would he put his skum mate at L1 there and risk a having only 1/3 people wake up when they could of just done nothing?
I hard read town on scola for as of day 1.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: May 01, 2020, 05:30:20 pm »

Day 2 was so short, just read that.

Voted raptor early for not hammered.  Wrote probably their longest post to date in the game mostly defending raptor (called the non-hammer a bad scum move).  Missed voting for Joseph.  The end.

More scum points than town points from D2, albeit in a short time frame.

my notes for scola on day 2 are null instead of skum over town, but all in all agreed with day 2 read.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: May 01, 2020, 05:32:50 pm »

D3:

Voted raptor, basically stayed there, although again made one argument for Dylan over raptor.  They quickly switched course when that looked bad (I think) and came up with fairly solid reasons for raptor first in the 1v1.  I'd say those reasons evened out the one scummy post defending raptor.

Then there is a scummy lob right at the end of the day before the flip, calling out WCD.  The content isn't scummy so much as the odd way it is tossed out in a non sequitur way.  I call it "planting the seed of suspicion" and it is a scum tactic.  Town can do it, too, on purpose or not, but it is a legit tactic.

That's my takeaway from D3.

(I will note that my ISO style is read all/only posts by the ISO person first, then re-read all/only posts that mention the ISO person.  I'm on the first part, obviously.)

I mean after we got Joseph regardless of who the third skum was the plan had to be to bus the shit out of raptor if the day started the way they thought it would right? You think more vote or more bus with scola sit/vote?
real good. That’s how

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: May 01, 2020, 05:57:40 pm »

So, to Ash's read:

It's definitely correct that I didn't understand the set up when we started. There was a point later that someone (MiX?) made post explaining some aspect, when it all clicked, and then yes, it did make complete sense. So I'd say a combo of being taught / quick learner. :)

The WCD thing was because I wanted to get the idea out there in case I was killed at night. I had been thinking it for a while, and if I died wanted to at least get it on people's radar. Since then, of course, I've read her as the towniest of the bunch (outside of claiming Dylan).

And lastly, the posting more: I think that's just my style. a) I have more of a feel for the particular game after serveral "days" and b) with more people, I can usually just try to follow other people and give 2 cents here and there. Once you play enough with me, you'll see this is NAI.

PPE a lot, as I got distracted by me Dominion league games - good news, went 2-0!
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: May 01, 2020, 05:59:09 pm »

I do think yuma is seeming more and more town. Of course, if they were scum they know they'd have to be since we've been discussing their lynch for a while.

I'm starting to like either ash or mix lynch more. Though I know Swan doesn't like that.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: May 01, 2020, 06:03:16 pm »

It's late, so I'm stopping, but I did read the first post or so of D4 and...

Scola goes from not knowing the setup at all on D1 to needing help understanding the setup on D3 to explaining the setup on D4.

So...fast learner?  Great teachers?  Faking it in the beginning?

I'd say fast learner from what I've seen of him.

I like the analysis in general. I'll try to speed up my Swan.

Oh, and thanks for this compliment. You do know you gave it to me and not to skip, right? :p

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: May 01, 2020, 06:06:49 pm »

Scola goes from not knowing the setup at all on D1 to needing help understanding the setup on D3 to explaining the setup on D4.

Oh, and thanks for this compliment. You do know you gave it to me and not to skip, right? :p

Careful not to refer to ongoing games. No idea if you are doing that because I'm haven't read any of the other ones, but seems possible.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: May 01, 2020, 06:11:42 pm »

Ok, this game feels like it's slowed down quite a bit, and at least part of that is probably on me.  If we are confident in Didds, Swan, scola, and myself being town, we could just go through and lynch yuma, ash, and mix in any order and we should win, so why not just go for it at this point. We could debate the order until we're blue in the face, but I don't think order really matters if the result is the same.  Are we ready to just do that? Seeing a couple people come down towny on scola makes me feel better about it, so I think I'm ready to go whenever.

Request vote count
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: May 01, 2020, 06:13:57 pm »

For the three outside of that group, how confident are you that one of the other two in that group is scum?  Ash, I already know how confident you are about MiX, so I guess you get a pass on this question haha.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: May 01, 2020, 06:15:26 pm »

Ok, this game feels like it's slowed down quite a bit, and at least part of that is probably on me.  If we are confident in Didds, Swan, scola, and myself being town, we could just go through and lynch yuma, ash, and mix in any order and we should win, so why not just go for it at this point. We could debate the order until we're blue in the face, but I don't think order really matters if the result is the same.  Are we ready to just do that? Seeing a couple people come down towny on scola makes me feel better about it, so I think I'm ready to go whenever.

Request vote count

Agreed. Ash went all in on a MiX case D4. Said he’d eat his hat.

So, vote: MiX
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: May 01, 2020, 06:19:22 pm »

I have reasons... not like certain on them, but more confident that they will help out.
We should lynch outside of Ash/MiX today (imo Yuma) - and then, if we have not won, have UB claim tomorrow.

Dylan - if there was a way I could just share the reasons with you I would, but I can't so I kind of just need ya to go with me on this one.
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: May 01, 2020, 06:28:52 pm »

I have reasons... not like certain on them, but more confident that they will help out.
We should lynch outside of Ash/MiX today (imo Yuma) - and then, if we have not won, have UB claim tomorrow.

Dylan - if there was a way I could just share the reasons with you I would, but I can't so I kind of just need ya to go with me on this one.

Alright, lfg

Vote: Yuma
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: May 01, 2020, 06:37:09 pm »

Careful not to refer to ongoing games. No idea if you are doing that because I'm haven't read any of the other ones, but seems possible.

Thanks; but no worries, I wasn't referring to any other game, just that MiX had confused me and skip (in this game).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: May 01, 2020, 06:39:49 pm »

I will never be ready to die. But, alas.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: May 01, 2020, 06:41:28 pm »

Geez, if there was scum in the block, this is what they would want to do. Although I have a reason in mind why you might want to do that first, and if I'm thinking what you are thinking, I can go along with it, at least I might have one of the reasons.

Vote: yuma, and sorry if you're an innocent casualty.

ppe: 1, and it's the saddest ppe ever lol

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: May 01, 2020, 06:43:48 pm »

See, this is where I'm 2nd guessing myself. I just wonder if this doesn't smell scummy to anyone else?

I at least would like to wait on MiX rereading Swan before voting. Maybe that would help easy my concerns.

(note this would have required Swan, Joseph, and Raptor to basically N0 plan this and say, Swan you go hard against us both, and we'll help provide cover for you. I mean is that too far fetched?)

There's one post in particular when I was doing a reread, that has be at both times thinking this is impossible, or this is genius. I'll find it later, now off for some well deserved pizza.

Of the current bloc, he's my main, probably, only concern.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: May 01, 2020, 07:07:37 pm »

I don't think yuma is scum man. I really don't. I think the only player that wouldn't kill twice is ash, and given cayvie's D1, faust's scumread on both of then, ash's I-think-it-was-scumread-but-honestly-forgot read on faust followed by faust being the...last NK, I think this all points to ash being scum. The fact that he's pushing me and defending raptor all of the rest of the game is just him seeing what he can push as scum.

I'm not moving. I don't think I should be moving either.

Let me answer a bunch of things. yuma's at L-?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: May 01, 2020, 07:13:50 pm »

No, he didn't townslip, phew.  Just misremembering my own invention there.  Mind saved from being blown.

I am physically incapable of townslipping as scum, but what were you thinking of? Interested.

If you want to, answer in post-game, but I also want to read you this game.

Ok, I'm not so dense as to miss the fact this is in reply to Ash, who's assumption is that MiX is scum and that this is probably just a tongue in cheek comment referring to that fact, but uh...

"but uh..." what?

agree with the current situation but we are on way off different pages in regards to Scola read on Day 1. Scola Checked in 5 hours previous to DL and voted for WCD. Then without checking in at all, just votes for Joseph, putting them at L-1 with 30mins left on the clock.
Here is the thing - *IF* pasta is skum then he knows that Joseph is skum and Raptor is skum. He knows faust is off. So that means that literally the only people that can make a move to Raptor after he does to make it happen were Cayvie(ash) who had been afk for like 3 full days, and then Shraeye/LL (who were both on the WCD wagon with him).
Why would he put his skum mate at L1 there and risk a having only 1/3 people wake up when they could of just done nothing?

And not yuma? This feels backwards. Me/yuma/scola are in the same position where one of us not voting means raptor doesn't go down with Joseph.

Yes, I do.

Why are you hiding information, what can scum possibly do, if yuma's scum we win, otherwise I don't see the problem.

See, this is where I'm 2nd guessing myself. I just wonder if this doesn't smell scummy to anyone else?

I at least would like to wait on MiX rereading Swan before voting. Maybe that would help easy my concerns.

(note this would have required Swan, Joseph, and Raptor to basically N0 plan this and say, Swan you go hard against us both, and we'll help provide cover for you. I mean is that too far fetched?)

There's one post in particular when I was doing a reread, that has be at both times thinking this is impossible, or this is genius. I'll find it later, now off for some well deserved pizza.

Of the current bloc, he's my main, probably, only concern.

I don't think I'm doing the Swan reread in time to be honest. Not that motivated to solve this game. I just think it's ash, but I made a pact with him...

The pact also involves one of us being lynched instead of town.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: May 01, 2020, 07:22:39 pm »

Thank you for asking MiX. And yes, you specifically are grouped very close with Scola on my TR list from day 1 because also that point.

Here is a snip it from my notes. The first is the wagon right before the triple switch, the second is the final wagon of Day 1.

Right before this VC, WCD goes over to joseph after joseph joins WCD on LL.

LaLight (3): yuma, MiX, Joseph - UNK, UNK, Skum
Joseph (3): Swan, Dylan, WestCoastDidds - Town, Town, UNK
WestCoastDidds (3): shraeye, LaLight, scolapasta - Town, Town, UNK
faust (2): cayvie, Xxraptorslayer96 - UNK, Skum
Cayvie (1): faust - Town

Then...
- MiX leaves LL for Joseph - why in the holy hell would you not go to WCD there instead of Joseph if you are skum?
- Yuma leaves LL for Joseph - Kind of the same concept but a little less credit because of how it would look to split the wagon that close to DL. But still close.
- Scola leaves WCD for Joseph - Scola was not there. You were. Yuma was. If you just peaced out, it would of looked odd without moving your vote. Now you and Yuma still could of moved it to WCD... which is why I don't find it skummy... but the important part for scola is that they were not there. They didn't even check in and then like "shit, I should of checked the wagons first duh" they just checking by voting for Joseph.
So we get here.

Joseph (6): Swan, Dylan, WestCoastDidds, yuma, MiX, scolapasta
LaLight (1): Joseph
WestCoastDidds (2): shraeye, LaLight
faust (2): cayvie, Xxraptorslayer96
Cayvie (1): faust

So Scola is town for day 1.
gap
followed by WCD and MiX
gap
yuma.
and somewhere around yuma's level is Ash/Cayvie.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: May 01, 2020, 07:24:45 pm »

and I am not hiding information. I have a thought process leading to an idea. I am hiding the idea. and I am hiding it because it is equally valueless rn as it would be if it never got said, but after today, it could have value.
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: May 01, 2020, 07:27:57 pm »

and I am not hiding information. I have a thought process leading to an idea. I am hiding the idea. and I am hiding it because it is equally valueless rn as it would be if it never got said, but after today, it could have value.

Yeah well whatever that thought process says you should lynch ash. The fact that Raptor had to save Joseph probably means the other scum was away, which is literally just cayvie in D1.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: May 01, 2020, 07:48:09 pm »

Counting Votes:

MiX (2): ashersky, yuma
ashersky (1): MiX
yuma (2): WCD, Dylan

Not Voting (2): DatSwan, scolapasta

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: May 01, 2020, 08:15:15 pm »

Off to Virtual Boggle. I'll catch up later tonight!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: May 01, 2020, 09:40:13 pm »

Started my scola re-read.  Did D1.

Not much there of substance from scola.  They state some incorrect and/or iffy setup stuff after shraeye's cop claim, showing a grand misunderstanding of how the setup works, that they didn't read the setup, or I guess something more sinister (but not really).

Didn't have many reads.  Voted for WCD at some point, did vote Joseph for L-1.  I guess that could have been a setup with raptor (who failed to hammer), but it would have needed to be pre-planned in a general way (we both make sure we're on near deadline, if we can get away with L-1 but no hammer let's do it), but that's 1) unlikely for that particular trio (no offense) and a bad plan (also, no offense).

MiX had an early scum read there, and voted.

That's basically it.  Enough to auto-lynch on D2, really, given lack of helpfulness and lack of reads given.  On D5, though?  More days to read through.

I think part of this is that I didn't play the game on D1, so I lose a lot of that context/feel on timing, etc.  I also only read scola's posts that day during my ISO.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 21 queries.