Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24  All

Author Topic: Dune 3 (Game Over)  (Read 46029 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: Dune 3 (Day Three)
« Reply #400 on: October 08, 2016, 06:34:09 pm »

This is MyLo, right? I am a form of doctor. So that is a point against Gkrieg. I've been eating my spice like a good boy but I think now I am all out. Let me check my QT.

Wait, who did you target?  Also is there really an advantage to not just fully claiming?

I am the Sietch's salve. I can use extra spice at night to target someone. That person, if they would die that night, will instead die the next night.

So I can delay one person's death by one night.

D1 silverspawn basically softed that he had a lot of spice, so I targeted him at night thinking that scum might want to kill the player with the most spice.

That turned out to cost me a full spice cake. .5 to stave off withdrawal and another .5 to comfort silverspawn.

That's why D2 I commented that I thought chairs was a weird kill, if it was a kill. I was thinking that maybe the kill was on silverspawn and I had delayed it a day.

At the beginning of D2 I got .5 of a spice cake through some unknown source. I used that N2 to stave off withdrawal. I didn't have any spice left to target someone.

My PR seemed pretty weak so I never asked for spice.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 08, 2016, 06:34:27 pm »

I guess the advantage to not fully claiming right away was to see Gkrieg's reaction to my claim.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 08, 2016, 06:58:00 pm »

It's highly confusing that all your claimed roles are so weak. I mean, supposedly there are 3 scums, and we have uh nothing.

chairs was some sort of vig I guess. silver had some investigative power. RR probably was dealing out spice.

Well. It doesn't hurt for me to claim. I suppose. But first I want WW to say my name.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 08, 2016, 07:01:57 pm »

Well we can reread WW/Gkrieg for their interactions with e and Mail-mi and also uh pretty much everyone else (since if one is scum all the others should be town). That seems like it could be fruitful.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 08, 2016, 07:02:37 pm »

D2 might be a little WIFOMy but D1 should be fruitful since at that point they didn't expect to be losing two partners.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 08, 2016, 07:03:31 pm »

I think I need to consider that Faust could be scum. If he's town, that's awesome, is it your first time ever to make it to MyLo as town?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 08, 2016, 07:10:02 pm »

I think I need to consider that Faust could be scum. If he's town, that's awesome, is it your first time ever to make it to MyLo as town?
Certainly not ever, there was a fairly recent one (M78, and I was lynched in the end). Before that, it's a long time... there was another one where I was lynched too. ... I think my record with town MyLo is not very good.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 08, 2016, 07:10:53 pm »

*certainly not first time ever, I mean.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 08, 2016, 07:12:33 pm »

Certainly not ever

Scum slip!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 08, 2016, 07:16:47 pm »

This is MyLo, right? I am a form of doctor. So that is a point against Gkrieg. I've been eating my spice like a good boy but I think now I am all out. Let me check my QT.

Wait, who did you target?  Also is there really an advantage to not just fully claiming?

I am the Sietch's salve. I can use extra spice at night to target someone. That person, if they would die that night, will instead die the next night.

D1 silverspawn basically softed that he had a lot of spice, so I targeted him at night thinking that scum might want to kill the player with the most spice.

That turned out to cost me a full spice cake. .5 to stave off withdrawal and another .5 to comfort silverspawn.

That's why D2 I commented that I thought chairs was a weird kill, if it was a kill. I was thinking that maybe the kill was on silverspawn and I had delayed it a day.

At the beginning of D2 I got .5 of a spice cake through some unknown source. I used that N2 to stave off withdrawal. I didn't have any spice left to target someone.

This is a really interesting claim with my role.  So either scum gets to poison someone, or they can be delayed by you.  So would your role work on poison?  Like would that delay the kill 2 nights?

I guess your role isn't actually all that weak considering the game only started with 9 people.  The chances of the game going more than 3 days are fairly small, which means that you delaying the kill one night on N2 actually is pretty much the same as delaying indefinitely.  So just N1 it is pretty weak.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 08, 2016, 07:21:00 pm »

iguana, what is the flavor command for your role?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 08, 2016, 07:25:43 pm »

iguana, what is the flavor command for your role?

Comfort

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 08, 2016, 07:27:31 pm »

This is a really interesting claim with my role.  So either scum gets to poison someone, or they can be delayed by you.  So would your role work on poison?  Like would that delay the kill 2 nights?

I guess your role isn't actually all that weak considering the game only started with 9 people.  The chances of the game going more than 3 days are fairly small, which means that you delaying the kill one night on N2 actually is pretty much the same as delaying indefinitely.  So just N1 it is pretty weak.

Well I felt pretty pushed to just use it N1 because I didn't know if someone was gunna steal my spice or something and also I was worried about getting NK'd.

And then of course I couldn't use it the next night.

So it being tied to me having extra spice made it a lot weaker.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 08, 2016, 07:29:44 pm »

Hopefully after I claim you will believe me. Then we only need to figure out gkrieg/WW.

I reread their dayoneses before, it didn't yield that much, apart from them both being scummy. I can't really take conclusive evidence on them from gameplay, because there has been so little, so I'm trying to figure out the setup.

So, this is town:
Seitch's Spice - gives out the spice we need.
Seitch's Risk - Vigilante type.
Seitch's Footsteps - Probably a Tracker or some such. Tracker would fit because I did not target anyone N1 and that might have convinced silver that I'm town.
[now merely claimed]
Seitch's Salve - temporary Doctor
Seitch's Integrity - Poison Doctor
Seitch's Spyglass - Rolecop
plus my amazing role which shalll be claimed some time soon.

This is the scum:
Seitch's Bane - uh not sure... Roleblocker maybe?
Seitch's Catalyst - some sort of Enabler? Maybe Encryptor? I don't quite know
+ X

Splitting up doctoring into two roles kinda makes sense. Maybe scum has a standard poison kill that can be upgraded to full kill with use of spice, or something. Not sure how likely it is to have Rolecop/Tracker together.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 08, 2016, 07:30:53 pm »

Give spice: iguana

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 08, 2016, 07:37:36 pm »

I guess for me all the evidence points to WW being scum. I would need some convincing to go for gkrieg. If iguana is scum, I hereby declare this game lost.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 08, 2016, 07:42:31 pm »

Because of deadlines, I'm doing rereads elsewhere before here.  I'll probably get to this game by tomorrow hopefully.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 08, 2016, 07:59:10 pm »

It's highly confusing that all your claimed roles are so weak. I mean, supposedly there are 3 scums, and we have uh nothing.

chairs was some sort of vig I guess. silver had some investigative power. RR probably was dealing out spice.

Well. It doesn't hurt for me to claim. I suppose. But first I want WW to say my name.

You are our future.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: October 08, 2016, 07:59:56 pm »

I guess for me all the evidence points to WW being scum. I would need some convincing to go for gkrieg. If iguana is scum, I hereby declare this game lost.

Well, I'm not.  I admit that my interactions don't look great, but I'm still Town.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 08, 2016, 08:02:39 pm »

I guess I can just tell everyone. 

Faust is "the Seitch's Future".  It doesn't have to be town, but it sounds more like a good guy than a bad guy.

That, and he started the alternate wagon to e in response to Mail-Mi's. 

And apparently Silver 'cleared' him as well. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: October 08, 2016, 08:14:22 pm »

That's me.

Okay, so my power is uh weird. I can use it at night to see versions of the future. Including one that is a good future, i.e. good for town. It wasn't really clear to me what it did before I used it. But it took up 2 doses of spice, so I figured it must be good. I used it N2. That's why I asked for spice; I wasn't actually pained then. But I thought giving that impression might make scum not want to kill me.

So what I saw was three different sequences of the remaining names in the game, excluding me. Flavor said it was dead bodies, in order. One of these was the good future, so I suppose it people died in that order, town would win. But, you know, with 3 players left alive that didn't say a whole lot. gkrieg was in the last place twice, and the last place is something scum could not be in if we want to win. So there.

I have another power, which I can only use after I used the first one. It takes 2 doses of spice as well, so ther's no more chance of me doing it. If I did, it would make me deathproof. Cool, huh?

Weakened Docs make sense with my role. More investigative roles don't really.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 08, 2016, 08:22:13 pm »

That's me.

Okay, so my power is uh weird. I can use it at night to see versions of the future. Including one that is a good future, i.e. good for town. It wasn't really clear to me what it did before I used it. But it took up 2 doses of spice, so I figured it must be good. I used it N2. That's why I asked for spice; I wasn't actually pained then. But I thought giving that impression might make scum not want to kill me.

So what I saw was three different sequences of the remaining names in the game, excluding me. Flavor said it was dead bodies, in order. One of these was the good future, so I suppose it people died in that order, town would win. But, you know, with 3 players left alive that didn't say a whole lot. gkrieg was in the last place twice, and the last place is something scum could not be in if we want to win. So there.

I have another power, which I can only use after I used the first one. It takes 2 doses of spice as well, so ther's no more chance of me doing it. If I did, it would make me deathproof. Cool, huh?

Weakened Docs make sense with my role. More investigative roles don't really.

Oh.. I thought you killed the scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 08, 2016, 08:24:49 pm »

I had thought you were a kind of vig.  Honestly I was hoping I would get vigged last night.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 08, 2016, 08:37:00 pm »

How is "the Seitch's Future" a vig name?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 08, 2016, 08:45:37 pm »

How is "the Seitch's Future" a vig name?

Could be the quizat haderach, or something.  At any rate, you said you thought there was no second faction and no SK, so I thought you were maybe hinting you were responsible for the kill.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 24  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 20 queries.