Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157320 times)

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: December 21, 2013, 10:55:14 am »

No access until further notice.
Managed to get a little time. I'll have no access until Monday at the earliest.
No idea whats going on in the game, but very sorry to everyone. I'll make an effort to stay up to date when i get back.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 21, 2013, 01:40:52 pm »

I'm back with a reads post, as promised. I was going to do this last night but I passed out like an old man!

Archetype: I have a tough time reading this guy, and apparently he will post more starting soon. Obviously the most notable thing is the wagon that ran up on him. I admit that when I first saw his "If ash doesn't get killed N1 -> we can lynch him!" post, I too thought that it looked pretty scummy. But then that "jokey" wagon ran up on him frighteningly fast, and while I believe most of that wagon is jokey, I do think it's likely there's scum on there. So I end up on null-to-scummy on Arch.

chairs: Has got the whole stump!claim thing going on. As I said, I believe it for now, and it's obviously something we should test tomorrow if he's still alive.

sudgy: Still a scumread. Sparse, contentless posts that are quick to point out how jokey they are.

Walrus: Practically an IC at this point

Jimmmmm: Relatively active, relatively short, pointed posts, often phrased as questions. I don't know Jimmmmm very well, but this basically matches up with what I expected...I'll say null-to-town for now.

xeiron: A few people voted for him. But honestly I'm not seeing a whole lot there. As I said, I actually *agreed* with his initial allegation against Archetype, and then some other people glommed on the wagon just to be "funny". So I like the fact that he was actually trying to scumhunt, and I don't blame him for the Archetype vote. I'm going to say town read on xeiron for now.

ashersky: A lot has been said about him and his claim. It's a tricky spot, but if I had to guess I would still lean town. I was only half-joking about that time travel plan, you know, I think it might be possible to actually kajigger something like that.

faust: Seems relatively towny to me. This guy seems to get mislynched a lot lately. I'm not saying you should discount a scumread on him if you have one. But I do think that from what I've seen, a good way to smell a D1 mislynch is if it seems too "easy". We should have to fight for a lynch, because scum will do their best to fight against it. The easy compromises too often flip town. Anyway that was a bit of a tangent, but I bring it up because I feel faust has fallen victim to this a lot.

Galzria: Currently lost in the Delta quadrant. He was able to use an unstable micro-wormhole to make contact with Earth for 86 seconds, but so far regular communication has been impossible. Too little data to go by, although I did get a good feeling from his one substantial post.

e: Not as active as I would have expected. He has one big, long, quotey, e-ish post about the setup, but that's really it. Idk, doesn't feel quite right...I'll say mild scum read here.

EFHW: Literally an IC at this point

PPS: I really want to say town read for his high level of activity and discussion. But am I remembering correctly that in Monster Madness Mafia, he was scum, right? And he had me completely fooled, because he was similarly active. So he had me really fooled there, but that game didn't go on for very long, and maybe he was just good at scum. Let's say mild town read.

nkirbit: Among the lurkiest, first of all, although that by itself could go either way. Something about it doesn't quite add up for me either...he expresses doubt about the claims a lot, he says "could be town ash, could be scum ash", and then goes to ash being his top town read the next day, after ash calls him potentially scummy. His longest post is whether scum would prepare a rationale for a claim, but that sort of seems like the sort of thing scum would think about. So I could see scum here I guess.

jotheonah: Quite active, although some of his posts are a little fluffy. Null read I guess, with an edge towards town.

I meant to say playing there. Not sheeping. Not a sheep. Bah.

SHEEPSLIP?!?!?!?!? :P

So I guess at the end of the day that leaves me with sudgy and nkirbit as top scumreads. In fact, I'll go ahead and vote: nkirbit
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 21, 2013, 02:16:27 pm »

Archetype wagon does look a little less scummy on re-read. Give us some guidance, IC.

Trying to sheep the IC? Scumtell. Vote: jotheonah

ICs are natural leaders. Why shouldn't we trust the one person we can trust? It would be different if that were my only post, but I think I've been sheeping along pretty solidly.

Because, if everyone waits for the IC to lead, we don't have much to analyze. Moreover, hiding behind the IC's opinion can be a good way to avoid having to take positions on your own.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 21, 2013, 06:04:53 pm »

His longest post is whether scum would prepare a rationale for a claim, but that sort of seems like the sort of thing scum would think about. So I could see scum here

Galzria's longest post, which you said gave you a good feeling, contained exactly this sort of analysis as well.  What's with the inconsistency?

And thinking about whether a claim makes sense from scum is important. Sometimes it obviously doesn't.  And if you can verify a claim as true, or make an argument that it probably is, it's important to know you can trust that player.  Sometimes claims don't make sense for scum to make any sense.

As for the archetype wagon.. I don't think it's particularly scum driven. I am more suspicious of those heaping suspicion on those on the archetype wagon

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 21, 2013, 06:08:19 pm »

In fact, walrus' inconsistency between finding me scummy for doing something while finding Galzria towny for doing the same thing is enough for me to vote: walrus

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 21, 2013, 06:28:41 pm »

Sorry - It's been a busy day.  Appreciate the detailed post from Walrus, would love to see that from others.  Especially Jimmmmm and 2.7 and nkirbit, who have been among the least active.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 21, 2013, 06:32:46 pm »

OMGUS much?

Galzria had been MIA for like, 10 days. The "good feeling" I got when I saw his post was more like, yay, Galz is back, we can expect some juicy Galz-level analytical posts coming soon. If you'll remember, in the SAME SENTENCE I said that he was basically a null read for being so absent. Now you make it sound like I have this amazing town read on him and there's this big inconsistency.

Meanwhile you've been lurking along, and that one post stood out simply because it was so much longer than the others. My vote stands for now.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2013, 06:33:08 pm »

Don't count on such a post from me, efhw.  I'll comment on things that i think are noteworthy as they come up, but I'm definitely not up for such a re-read.  Between being on my phone and having less energy than I'm used to, it's just not going to happen.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 21, 2013, 06:35:06 pm »

Okay, but it's not even a scummy thing to do, and a point of view I've used in the past.  See Lotr 2, where I was basically the only player to correctly identify eevee as town because it was blatantly obvious that what he was doing made no sense as a scum player.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 21, 2013, 06:36:39 pm »

I have been thinking of Chairs' claim. It is probably true, since the claim can be confirmed tomorrow.
I am not sure what to make of his allignment, though. Actuallly I fail to see what a tree stump has do do in a time-travel game at all.
Hopefully, he will flip while becomming stumped. If he does not, I think it is a fair chance he is scum. Or it may mean he can be somehow destumped later.
Anyway I think Chairs is a poor lynch for today since there is a possibility he might flip tomorrow.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 21, 2013, 06:50:38 pm »

Vote Count 1.4

Archetype (2): Jimmmmm, xeiron
xeiron (4): jotheonah, Archetype, sudgy, chairs
jotheonah (1): faust
nkirbit (1): Walrus
Walrus (1): nkirbit

Not voting (5): 2.7..., ashersky, EFHW, Galzria, pingpongsam

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

D1 ends on Friday, December 27 at 530 PM forum time (two days added due to the original deadline falling on Christmas)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 21, 2013, 11:27:07 pm »

I tried to post earlier today, but apparently it got lost in the ether. Basically I'm convinced by efhw and walrus that xeiron isn't such a great lynch today. But I also feel good about vote: nkirbit instead.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 21, 2013, 11:46:29 pm »

Just finished driving home.  13 hours in the car is a long way.  I haven't been the most active, but what has been going on I have commented on.  I have put out thoughts on the Ash claim and the Chairs claim.  I haven't put out any reads yet to say people are scum/town because I have been withholding that judgement for a bit as I take in the setup/claims and especially the new people that I am playing with.  EFHW, Galz, Nkirbit, PPS, Jotheonah, and xeiron are all new to me. 

A few quick reads-
chairs- town.  A scum stump really does seem bastard.  And if he was lying about becoming a stump that is easy enough to figure out and lynch him for that later.  Not lynching today
Ashersky- unsure alignment.  An enabler (claimed not confirmed, but why claim something you are not that early).  He seems to think that he enables some town role that will be noticeable to him after N1 happens.  I am willing to let him live a day because he is fun to play with and does all sorts of fun crazy stuff.  However, unless he tells a good tale tomorrow (i.e. a believable story with a strong town narrative), he will be my first lynch candidate.
Joth- Has been active and helpful.  Don't want to lynch
Galzaria- hasn't posted much but a very nice post when he did post.  Don't want to lynch
xeiron- I don't see anything wrong with his play so far.  He saw Archetype post something he saw as scummy.  voted him.  Defended himself when pressed with a good case that caused the people voting him to see him as less scummy.  (Jotheonah said the Arch wagon looked less scummy) So not a scum read here
Archetype- He gave me a town read.  obv!town
Walrus- walrus summary post seems like the walrus I know (which is not saying much because I have only played with him in one ongoing game). 

I will get a more detailed post out by Monday, but my posting might not be as consistent D1 as what people may have seen in other games since I am with my family on vacation right now.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 22, 2013, 09:00:41 am »

Just finished driving home.  13 hours in the car is a long way.

see 0:45 the relevant portion
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 22, 2013, 09:39:39 am »

nkirbit's response doesn't sit well with me, either but it is plain old OMGUS on it's face and I have no meta to cross-reference the guy. Walrus' post seems typical but I've got no scum meta on him. I'm chalking that particular interaction up to a testy feud.

xeiron responded to his pressure in a non-scummy sort of way but then, xeiron is one of the stronger players I've encountered. I still give him a null to mild scum read. The fact that he carries the current wagon offsets that a lot.

faust's vote on joth came off scummy but he's not pressing it. faust reads scum to me very easily even when I was Mafia and knew he wasn't scum he still felt scummy. I would be inclined to sheep votes on faust because I am easily led to believe his activity is scum. I was certain he was scum in RMM11 and he wasn't and our incorrect reads on each other were nearly a critical miss for Town. I'll just call hm null for now.

ashersky, hmmm, comes out and claims for immediately polarizing reactions which is great play regardless of alignment. Let's the reactions stall out and refuses to post his reads on them. hard to tell but it does appear to be more and more a scum ploy to control the game but to not appear to be trying too hard. If I pulled that as Town I think I would be more involved in filtering the reactions and continue to press my angles. It feels like maybe a scum ash overplayed his hand and wants other activity to distract from that. I'm in the camp that says give it a day to see where it goes but that may well be playing into his scum plan so I'm torn here.

Archetype caught quite a lot of early heat for relatively innocuous behavior. Initially this looked to be scum driven but as the pressure on him has alleviated it looks more like RVS gone awry. As to reading him Town/scum well, that he goes V/LA at such a crucial point is difficult for me. If pressed to choose between Arch/ash for the 1 day pass I'd for sure give it to Arch. slight town read here.

jotheonah. mostly town reads on him right up until he voted nkirbit. Seems innocuous but on further review it looks more like sheeping and if a scum walrus was using an absent nkirbit as an easy target and nkirbut presents a weak OMGUS response jo seems the type to subtly add weight to the votes as scum partner. It's not terrible Town play, either though. We need something better than that out of nkirbit. so jo downgraded from Town to null for now.

I have a hell of a time reading chairs. My experience is chairs makes poor scum and great town. In that light the stump claim falls either way. Both of the claims in this game are effectively requests to live another day. Definitely willing to give the pass here more so than on the ash claim.

My meta on Jimmmmm is very limited but my thoughts on his playstyle is that he plays a safe, analytical game that provides great reads for Town in the wake of his death and leaves scum partners safe when he flips for the dark side. I want to see a more proactive Jimmmmm because his grasp of the big picture is solid and I think his contributions can be real assets. That he is not so present lends a slight scum tinge to him currently. That he remains voting Archetype as the result of some RVS is a clear indicator that he isn't actually engaging the game right now. I am going to FoS: Jimmmmm just to elicit a response from him.

2.718 - no meta, still just watching this guy and how he moves. Early RVS has been his only votes. Feeling like he is playing the same Town game I am to this point, that is, non-committal and observant. so, for now, a Town vibe here.

If anyone is placing votes this game it is sudgy. He's everywhere but never sold on his position. This can be good as Town and is often my approach since votes are pressure for responses and to bait scum into additional votes. It's also good scum play. Get in easy and early and then if it builds you don't have to defend the position too hard. ashersky was an easy vote to take. The Arch vote was a direct sheep and then so was the xeiron vote. For now, I'm calling this scum play and feel strongly enough about it to Vote: sudgy.

Galz, Galz, Galz. Like some sage with white beard blowing in the wind he steps in after the dust has begun to settle and issues his inscrutable proclamations and then the hologram become shaky then staticy and then transmission lost. Town, scum, strange and unforseen role limitation? We need more of whatever it is. NULL

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 22, 2013, 11:16:32 am »

I think it's still too early to give out any significant reads. People I don't want lynched today are ashersky, chairs, Galzria (and me and EFHW obviously). So that already narrows things down a lot. PPS is also someone I think we're better off keeping alive, because of his activity (yes, it reminds me of RMM9 when he was scum, but also of RMM11, in which he was town).

One thing I thought before this game started, but forgot later: I think joth's pre-game post in the locked thread slightly indicates town. Scum would already discuss in their QT at this time. So unvote I guess.

If we had to lynch now I'd probably be up for a lurker lynch. Vote: sudgy seems best there.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 22, 2013, 12:30:29 pm »

sudgy today reminds me of sk!sudgy in dynasty warriors I.

vote: sudgy.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 22, 2013, 12:36:01 pm »

A revised and unofficial vote count as there have been some repositions and new votes since the last one:

Archetype (2): Jimmmmm, xeiron
xeiron (2): Archetype, sudgy
nkirbit (2): Walrus, jotheonah
Walrus (1): nkirbit
sudgy (3): pingpongsam, faust, chairs

Not voting (4): 2.7..., ashersky, EFHW, Galzria[/color]

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

D1 ends on Friday, December 27 at 530 PM forum time

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 22, 2013, 12:37:04 pm »

Can you elaborate? I think this setup very well could contain an SK. What are the parallels?

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 22, 2013, 12:43:42 pm »

(This post is not in response to the votes I got)

I'm going to partially claim.  I have been thinking about it, and I think it is in town's best interests.

My role has the "weak" modifier.  This means, that when I target somebody at night, if I target the mafia, I die.

Now, this can be used as a cop.  Either I announce my target the night before, then we see if I die (but in RMM, it would be hard to know), or if I die somebody can go back in time to save me (a roleblocker could do that).

EFHW, do you think I should announce my target each night?
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 22, 2013, 12:50:35 pm »

(This post is not in response to the votes I got)

I'm going to partially claim.  I have been thinking about it, and I think it is in town's best interests.

My role has the "weak" modifier.  This means, that when I target somebody at night, if I target the mafia, I die.

Now, this can be used as a cop.  Either I announce my target the night before, then we see if I die (but in RMM, it would be hard to know), or if I die somebody can go back in time to save me (a roleblocker could do that).

EFHW, do you think I should announce my target each night?

Unvote.

I think it would be beneficial if you announced your target. But I guess it depends on what role you have. (Weak doctor maybe doesn't want to announce his target because it can't be saved)

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 22, 2013, 12:53:09 pm »

You say this has little to do with the recent votes on you, but why did you wait until you had votes on you to claim this?

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 22, 2013, 01:00:02 pm »

Also, sudgy:

What does your pm say with regards to a sk.  Does it mention mafia specifically, or evil in general, or something like that?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 22, 2013, 01:30:29 pm »

Thanks pps and 2.7 for your posts. 

ashersky - are you lurking?

I'm still thinking about sudgy's question re: announcing his target.  Others' opinions?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 22, 2013, 01:36:13 pm »

Can you be more specific so other people can decide if they agree with you?
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.402 seconds with 22 queries.