Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161371 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #925 on: September 01, 2012, 06:53:42 am »

Yayy, game is on again.

1) Analyzing the wagon. I jumped off the PPS boat and did not want him lynched, am I getting any town cred or was I just obv bussing my partner? Why is this not talked about at all? Galzria most definitely definitely should not lead the massclaim, he was the one who insisted on lynching PPS (obviously I personally found the case uncompelling, Galzria might have just been misguided but seems scummy). These are the guys who were on the wagon: Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Robz888, Insomniac, Watno, Cuzz, theorel, Axxle, pingpongsam, Dsell. Note, ftw was not on it despite being the alternative wagon himself, which looks towny to me. I would be inclined to think that the wagon was scumdriven, especially because two guys on it are confirmed town now.

2. I could definitely see Galzria lying about getting veritaserum, kid is clever. Is there any other evidence than Galzrias word? Obviously it's more likely he is not lying, but wouldn't treat him as obvtown just yet.

FoS all the wagoners, and Vote: theorel to get them explain why they wanted poor sam dead.

3. I know nothing of the archerer/shooter/whalemaker.

I'm going to scout out Eevee's earlier posts; most likely Eevee is the best candidate for us leading a massclaim.
Oh buddy! Protip: playing iso with O makes him generous to you in forum mafia.

I'm about to go on a sauna boat with the US friends, so won't be online today ~at all. If O's scouting doesn't make his change his mind and others agree with him, I would be happy to start tomorrow though. Having a townie lead it today is less important than it could be I think, given how little little information we have on everyone. Oh and I dont know any strategy regarding leading a massclaim so if you find someone else who you trust, he might do it better than I do.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: September 01, 2012, 08:42:10 am »

*better than I would. That was bugging me.

It suuuuucks no one is ever here when I am. Just leaving home again. >:(
Btw, I did not mean to OMGUR O or anything like that, just making a joke. I do have town read on him, but it is not because he said he thinks I look towny.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: September 01, 2012, 11:18:12 am »

O, why so confident about Eevee? Gut read or something mod confirmed? People are too confident.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: September 01, 2012, 04:28:53 pm »

O, why so confident about Eevee? Gut read or something mod confirmed? People are too confident.

Y you rolefishing?

VOTE: Ehalycon

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: September 01, 2012, 04:41:41 pm »

Y you rolefishing?

ftl, is your confidence in Galz based on a read or something more mod confirmed?

Y you rolefishing?

3. There is no reason why mods wouldn't allow eavesdropping on themselves.  We don't know how Galzria's power worked (dude, care to explain?) and it's not like Galzria got the entire QT text.  He got some snippet that doesn't seem useful.  Plus, Volt mostly mod-confirmed that he's the purple text.

Why? Worried I might get something from you and your buddies QT?

Y you rolefishing?

Vote: eHalcyon

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: September 01, 2012, 04:45:26 pm »

Come on guys, let up on eHal, he's not rolefishing that bad.

I own 4 pet tigers.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: September 01, 2012, 04:54:30 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

ftl(1): cayvie
Insomniac(1): ftl
theorel(1): Eevee
eHalcyon(2): Galzria, O

Not Voting(11): eHalcyon, Robz888, ashersky, Cuzz, Archetype, Insomniac, Watno, Captain_Frisk, Dsell, theorel, Morgrim7

With 16 alive, it takes 9 to lynch. Deadline is September 7th at 3 p.m. forum time.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2012, 04:55:35 pm by jotheonah »
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: September 01, 2012, 05:18:31 pm »

I'm not role fishing. I don't need details. I need to know if the people you nominate are trustworthy based on something better than your poor reads.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: September 01, 2012, 05:19:14 pm »

Vote: eHalcyon eHalc has to know O is not exactly the best target for a calculated rolefish (see what happened here), but that looks like him genuinely wanting to know (and if he is scum, he forgot to be cautios and think things through). eHalcyon, whats your explanation? You usually play really well, and here you did something very anti town. Does it mean you are not town?

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: September 01, 2012, 05:30:55 pm »

I explained right above. I asked the same thing of ftl regarding Galz. They express trust. I'd like to know how far I can trust that trust.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: September 01, 2012, 05:34:06 pm »

I explained right above. I asked the same thing of ftl regarding Galz. They express trust. I'd like to know how far I can trust that trust.
The point is that O would just post the basis of the read if he saw that as the pro-town thing to do (assuming he is town obviously). I'm thinking he had a reason for being that vague - whether it's protecting the actual power roles or being one himself.

I just can't see what good could come out from you asking that. You are forcing O to claim something he chose not to claim one post back.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: September 01, 2012, 05:38:58 pm »

I own 4 pet tigers.

Dsell, I want to nominate you for some sort of prize for your posting today :)
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: September 01, 2012, 05:39:28 pm »

I own 4 pet tigers.

Dsell, I want to nominate you for some sort of prize for your posting today :)
How nice of you to say that!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: September 01, 2012, 05:41:11 pm »

Dsell, can you say "I'm scum in this game" please? Preferably like 10 times just in case you need several violations to get the maximum punishment.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: September 01, 2012, 05:43:55 pm »

I'm not role fishing. I don't need details. I need to know if the people you nominate are trustworthy based on something better than your poor reads.

As far as I can tell, O has expressed three reads:

Eevee = town
eHalcyon = scum
Galz = scum

which of these reads are you categorizing as poor?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: September 01, 2012, 05:45:02 pm »

Dsell, can you say "I'm scum in this game" please? Preferably like 10 times just in case you need several violations to get the maximum punishment.

lol

how did nobody think of this while we were making Galz say he was town

she/her

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: September 01, 2012, 09:03:48 pm »

lets lynch Voldemort.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: September 01, 2012, 09:19:56 pm »

lets lynch Voldemort.

could you explain?

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: September 02, 2012, 12:14:10 am »

As far as I can tell, O has expressed three reads:

Eevee = town
eHalcyon = scum
Galz = scum

which of these reads are you categorizing as poor?

That I am scum.  I don't know about the others.

By the way, do you guys even understand why rolefishing is bad in regular games?  Because if power roles are exposed, it puts them in danger.  But in this game everyone has a power role.  I'm not asking for any details.  If someone has info on someone else, it might not even be due to their own power.

The context of this discussion is that many people seem to be in favour of mass name claiming, and we are discussing who should direct.  I'm not going to trust Galz just because ftl thinks he seems townie for the veritaserum claim.  I'm not going to trust Eevee just because O thinks he's fuzzy and cute and therefore not scum.  Being vague is not helpful to the town in ROLE MADNESS.  It just leads to more confusion if some people assume they just have reads and others think they are implying mod confirmation. 

If they want to be vague, then I would like them to explicitly state "I will not clarify if this is based on gut read or mod-confirmed info."  At least then we don't put undue faith in anything.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: September 02, 2012, 12:19:13 am »

pretty sure fishing for the cop is still bad

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: September 02, 2012, 12:19:30 am »

but i'm sure you had a good reason for doing so!

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 02, 2012, 12:23:11 am »

The point is that O would just post the basis of the read if he saw that as the pro-town thing to do (assuming he is town obviously). I'm thinking he had a reason for being that vague - whether it's protecting the actual power roles or being one himself.

I just can't see what good could come out from you asking that. You are forcing O to claim something he chose not to claim one post back.

The point is that I'm not going to trust their reads.  I will trust their info, if they have any (even though that in itself might not be wise, since the mod lies).  I don't know if O was being purposefully vague.  There's no reason for thinking he had a reason for being vague; he could very well have simply neglected to elaborate.  I don't want to make assumptions and draw wrong conclusions.  If he wants to protect power roles he can lie and say he just has a strong town read on you.

I'm not forcing anything.  Nobody has to answer my questions.  My questions are reasonable and pro-town, because we NEED to know what info is solid and what is speculation, or else we will make bad assumptions that lead to bad decisions.  I saw it in RMMI and I don't want to see it here.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 02, 2012, 12:23:48 am »

This is role madness.  Just because you have information doesn't mean you are a cop.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 02, 2012, 12:41:12 am »

This is role madness.  Just because you have information doesn't mean you are a cop.

Isn't that the reason that scum rolefishes? To determine whether someone with information is a cop?

she/her

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 02, 2012, 12:44:45 am »

I'm keeping my vote on Ehalycon. After getting caught fishing, he resorted to being a dick, and makes up crap for the roleclaiming meta (hey Ehalycon, have you considered that scum won't just be able to target power roles, but never be caught in a lie and able to navigate around everyone if you fish people out unnecessarily?

Trusting your info over your reads has not turned out well for Ehalycon in the past, and he should remember this pretty well. So he's using a meta he doesn't even agree with to defend his scummy activity.

Would you prefer I or Eevee lead the massclaim Ehalycon, if you had to choose between the two.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 76  All

Page created in 1.138 seconds with 16 queries.