Dominion > Rules Questions

New Stash + Inn

<< < (8/8)

Jeebus:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on September 18, 2017, 10:52:22 am ---How about: "If there are any cards in your deck that aren't being shuffled, such as when you had fewer than 5 cards left in your deck when you needed to draw a new hand for next turn, you can look through those remaining cards before you place Stash, though you can't put Stash in among those remaining cards.  Put the remaining cards back on top once you finish shuffling."

And I'd think it would be obvious that "shuffle normally" means "shuffle like you would if Stash weren't a thing".

--- End quote ---

The first one seems fine. (Although the word "back" is confusing, I think, since you're not putting anything back. I would write, "Add the shuffled cards to the bottom of your deck," which is more in line with the rulebook.)

I know that's what "shuffle normally" means, but that wasn't my point. What is the sentence clarifying? What could you do that isn't "shuffling normally"? Look at the front of the cards? That was already addressed in the first sentence.

AJD:
What you might do that isn't "shuffling normally" is fish the Stashes out of your discard pile and shuffle them into your deck.

Jeebus:

--- Quote from: AJD on September 18, 2017, 11:09:42 am ---What you might do that isn't "shuffling normally" is fish the Stashes out of your discard pile and shuffle them into your deck.

--- End quote ---

That is true. But I thought that was so obvious that it creates more confusion to even mention. It's also true in all other cases where you have Stash in your discard pile, not just with Inn.

werothegreat:

--- Quote from: Jeebus on September 18, 2017, 11:15:21 am ---
--- Quote from: AJD on September 18, 2017, 11:09:42 am ---What you might do that isn't "shuffling normally" is fish the Stashes out of your discard pile and shuffle them into your deck.

--- End quote ---

That is true. But I thought that was so obvious that it creates more confusion to even mention. It's also true in all other cases where you have Stash in your discard pile, not just with Inn.

--- End quote ---

But most times when you shuffle, you're shuffling your discard pile.  The specific exceptions to this are effects like Inn's.

Jeebus:

--- Quote from: werothegreat on September 18, 2017, 11:17:45 am ---
--- Quote from: Jeebus on September 18, 2017, 11:15:21 am ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

But most times when you shuffle, you're shuffling your discard pile.  The specific exceptions to this are effects like Inn's.

--- End quote ---

Right, true.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version