Advertisements > Advertisements

I have a business! (Sips Cocktail Emporium)

(1/2) > >>

Jorbles:
I have started a business with my partner for home bartending supplies. If you're interested check it out! We try to specialize in interesting and high quality things (not just things you can find all over the place). We definitely have a slant towards Canadian products and are aimed at Canadian consumers (not sure if our prices will be super competitive for Americans). If you happen to come to Vancouver we'll have the physical location open soon, too.

I thought about posting this in the Drinking thread, but figured I should follow the letter of the rules on the sticky for this thread.

http://goodsips.ca/

theory:
You can link to this from there, it's no big deal.

Jorbles:
Awesome! I wasn't sure. So I figured I'd just create it for now. Now it's linked!

Witherweaver:
Just a random thought from looking at the page.. since the idea is kind of a home/craft/do-it-yourself thing, what about having a forum for people that may be interested to discuss or share things?  It kind of goes along with the blog idea, but with a forum you could have other people share ideas, and personally I find it a lot easier to navigate topics on a forum then to read through a blog.   

Jorbles:

--- Quote from: Witherweaver on April 21, 2015, 04:50:30 pm ---Just a random thought from looking at the page.. since the idea is kind of a home/craft/do-it-yourself thing, what about having a forum for people that may be interested to discuss or share things?  It kind of goes along with the blog idea, but with a forum you could have other people share ideas, and personally I find it a lot easier to navigate topics on a forum then to read through a blog.   

--- End quote ---

Honestly, mostly time is the reason against putting together a forum for the business, though I do like the idea personally. We thought about it briefly when planning out our web content, but decided not to focus on it. We kinda have to prioritize since there's just two of us working on the business for now. I have a full-time job and in about a month she'll need to run the shop in addition to managing web content, which already includes social media, emails, the blog and product photography. Adding a forum to manage on top of that might draw time away from the things we think are most important; we don't want to stretch ourselves to thinly.

(Also you're the first person who's said they might be interested in a forum so it's not really something we're sure the general public would be excited about. I'd hate to setup a forum that is mostly empty.)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version