Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Game over!)  (Read 230907 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #725 on: November 21, 2017, 03:48:55 pm »

Alright. Lunch break. Gotta save some juice for work anyway. I'm here for the next 8 hours and have already burned 40% over the past 3 hours posting. :)
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: November 21, 2017, 03:51:34 pm »

So that would be Priest, which is a standard role. I feel like it has been in an RMM here before, but I'm not sure.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #727 on: November 21, 2017, 04:22:08 pm »

I think silver is actually townie this game.  And I feel like I can read silver pretty well.

I was draft order 5.

I think revealing games is seriously a bad idea till we've got an established order and want to pin scum to any potential lies.

Scumpoints to everyone who's jumped on oversharing super-useful verification info at a point where it's potentially useful for scum to use it (cementing possible fake orders and encourating townies to post their games so the scums have more to work with) and really not at all benefitting town. Extra scumpoints to the IC for supporting this behaviour, though e himself has never seen remotely eye-to-eye with me about the correct way to conduct reveals like this.. see RMM37 and any other draft-mechanic-involving game we've both played in.

I don't think we could've really gotten anything else out of the claiming though.  I don't think scum can really lie about this one.  I think there is only one reason why they would lie, and it is a pretty lame one.

I like what WW is doing, but I have 0 ways to read him.

I'd rather not have everyone claim games. We may be able to use the game we bid on to challenge a claim and this discussion is seriously derailing scum hunting. Galz said he needed order claimed to make his full claim. So let everyone claim that who is willing and let's stop there for now.

I think this is also a scummy post from EFHW.  Trying to look townie without actually doing anything.

I think galzria is townie, but I don't know why he goes for datswan so hard. 

Interesting.  A conflicting claim for the #1 spot.  That doesn't seem like something scum really wants to do here though...

I guess outing position 1 in the draft is a good thing for scum.  They probably know who has the amulet now.  I still don't get why galz would do that as scum though..

And that is what galz says.  I still don't think his claim really comes from scum.  He was trying to do something cute.

chairs also looks town.  I think ultimately galz is town and didn't think about his claim that well.

I'm not reading PPEs yet btw.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: November 21, 2017, 04:26:07 pm »

So that would be Priest, which is a standard role. I feel like it has been in an RMM here before, but I'm not sure.

Right, I felt like that because I had indeed been a Priest in a game.  RMM 29 (Settlers of Catan):

Flavor Name: Settlers of Catan
Role Name: Diverting Priest/Trading Traitor

Robber on your Hex: If you ever attempt to cast the hammering vote, it will not be counted.

That was a scum role, though... anyone know of a not scum example?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: November 21, 2017, 04:28:02 pm »

Huh, I thought the end of yesterday was a normal fake hammer. So maybe Schadd actually can't hammer?

In that case, his play yesterday seems pretty townie.

Agree that schadd used his fakehammer in a towny way. I had forgot about that. I was just thinking that he had done nothing this game but troll and tunnel me.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: November 21, 2017, 04:28:31 pm »

I mean to say, Board Game Mafia; Settlers of Catan was my flavor in it.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: November 21, 2017, 04:50:32 pm »

schadd has some reads finally!  I still wish he posted more, especially after the EoD yesterday.  I'll come back to that later though.

I just did a quick reread of WW and I don't see Haddock's points. I think this is Haddock trying to pivot.

I remember ashersky making a point against silver that sounded important. I'll look into that next.

I got similar feelings to this.  Haddock's going after iguana didn't work, so it looks like he is looking for a new target.  But, the problem is that I think this is also what he might do as town when he realizes that his tunneled is town.

I think Jake is wrong about galz, at least his reasoning is wrong.

stopping at #700 this time, but I'm surprised that no one has brought up schadd, and that no one is voting for EFHW.  She is being very scummy.  vote: EFHW.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: November 21, 2017, 04:53:16 pm »

Right, I felt like that because I had indeed been a Priest in a game.  RMM 29 (Settlers of Catan):

Robber on your Hex: If you ever attempt to cast the hammering vote, it will not be counted.

The other use that was mentioned was LotR Mafia, where Orc Priestess was also scum.

Huh, I thought the end of yesterday was a normal fake hammer. So maybe Schadd actually can't hammer?

Agree that schadd used his fakehammer in a towny way. I had forgot about that. I was just thinking that he had done nothing this game but troll and tunnel me.

He used it in a townie way, yes. But AFAWK the role has only ever been used previously as a scum role - and from a mafia!Schadd it just seems like an easy play to make to buy town points.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: November 21, 2017, 04:57:40 pm »

Oh, just realized that I had almost caught up.  Doing the rest now.

Vote: Schadd

Does anybody know of a game where town:
- Could vote without it counting
- Couldn't hammer
- Only had their vote count when made from their QT
- Any other town explanation for Schadd being able to vote publicly but not have it count

?

Ok, someone finally brings this up.  I think that at this point, schadd just has to full-claim.  The only roles I know of with this are scum roles (I haven't looked closely), but I know this was something that outed Haddock as scum in rewind 1.  I think though, that faust would be unlikely to put the same role in as from Rewind 1 (although Haddock was really outed because you had only the roles from the same game to fakeclaim, you weren't able to go to other games safely, so that is really what outed Haddock).  And if faust didn't put that role in, it seems strange that he would give scum 2 traitors (Settlers of Catan and Frost person from flash). 

But, I still don't know a role that is town that would have the powers that he is claiming to have, and none of the items do that at all.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: November 21, 2017, 05:01:04 pm »

The other use that was mentioned was LotR Mafia, where Orc Priestess was also scum.

He used it in a townie way, yes. But AFAWK the role has only ever been used previously as a scum role - and from a mafia!Schadd it just seems like an easy play to make to buy town points.

But really bad play as scum, as it basically immediately outs him, unless he knows of a town version of the role.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: November 21, 2017, 05:01:28 pm »

Oh, just realized that I had almost caught up.  Doing the rest now.

Vote: Schadd

Does anybody know of a game where town:
- Could vote without it counting
- Couldn't hammer
- Only had their vote count when made from their QT
- Any other town explanation for Schadd being able to vote publicly but not have it count

?

Ok, someone finally brings this up.  I think that at this point, schadd just has to full-claim.  The only roles I know of with this are scum roles (I haven't looked closely), but I know this was something that outed Haddock as scum in rewind 1.  I think though, that faust would be unlikely to put the same role in as from Rewind 1 (although Haddock was really outed because you had only the roles from the same game to fakeclaim, you weren't able to go to other games safely, so that is really what outed Haddock).  And if faust didn't put that role in, it seems strange that he would give scum 2 traitors (Settlers of Catan and Frost person from flash). 

But, I still don't know a role that is town that would have the powers that he is claiming to have, and none of the items do that at all.

Agreed. I think Schadd has to claim.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: November 21, 2017, 05:06:10 pm »

A quick search for priest in mafia game threads shows that there was a town priest in Dice Mafia. But one town priest, two scum priests - that is not good odds.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: November 21, 2017, 05:06:56 pm »

A quick search for priest in mafia game threads shows that there was a town priest in Dice Mafia. But one town priest, two scum priests - that is not good odds.

But see my earlier post.  I think the two scum priests have more points against them.  But ya, I get your point.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: November 21, 2017, 05:07:14 pm »

Also the town priest was maybe just that? So a bit of a lame role TBH.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: November 21, 2017, 06:11:39 pm »

So... Galz... You are saying that you thought that your play so far, or lack thereof (in regards to your normal content), has been in the interest of Town? You think that your fake claim leading to nothing but chaos (and you damn well knew that it would) was pro town? You are being truthful about your current bid order? You are being truthful about not receiving your item from a Station 1 bid as Pick 10? And you are claiming that you got the sword stick (given role PR) upon PPS death and it broke... as you are town.

All of that is correct?

Just to answer your one question - I am done trying to guess what you would of done as Skum. It is too hard for me to tell which from what, especially given this is my first RMM. What I do know is that I cannot for the absolute life of me, come up with an actual upside for Town in your actions, given the way you played it out.
I

Still haven't gotten an answer to this so I am going to summarize it down in case it came off as snarky or something... Considering you already did a full claim I would like an answer when you have a chance. I know you are not normally big on that, but if you are town I am seriously trying to find a way to believe you here so help me out...

True/False on the below:

1) You are Town. Like Town. Not kind of Town and not "not Skum". Town.
Yes. Unequivocally yes. Town, Green, will flip as such.

2) You were Draft Position #10
Yes.

3) You Bid for Station 1, and did not get an item.
I bid for Station 1. I have not claimed I did not get an item. Would it be beneficial to know if I got nothing or I got the Dagger? I could claim which, but have not done so to this point.

4) Because of your PR(s), you received the Sword Stick from PPS upon his death and it broke upon becoming into your possession so it is (to the best of your knowledge at least) removed from the game.
This is correct. If my entire claim is believed to be a fake claim, I can't really argue that because it's simply "You've given your narrative, and I don't believe it" -> I've put everything out there so if you believe I'm lying there's nothing I can do. If anybody believes the claim to be true, but that I'm scum, then I would have received the Sword Stick upon PPS's death and it wouldn't have broken. Do you believe that I would have chosen not to use it last night, claim as I have today, and risk being lynched with it unused?

5) Obv don't answer with the like actual number (this one wasn't in the original questions) - Barring outside elements (lynch, NK, being turned into a freekin Popsicle, etc...), are you currently aware of how long you have to live in the game if your death came from specifically "water depletion".. or whatever the correct term is? (not a true false question).
I believe my previous post with the math answered this. If there's more you would like to know about it, I'll try my best to answer - but I'm pretty much going off what's public information anyway. I'm at 97% right now (this is simply what's been reported to me, I have not checked the math to make sure it's accurate, but I believe faust wouldn't make a mistake). I DO have a 24 hour "free time" extension for Thanksgiving (that whole day will not count towards my water depletion).

Answers in bold in quote. If you have any other questions, fire away.

Just to answer your one question - I am done trying to guess what you would of done as Skum. It is too hard for me to tell which from what, especially given this is my first RMM. What I do know is that I cannot for the absolute life of me, come up with an actual upside for Town in your actions, given the way you played it out.

We are close to deadline and I do not see a better option than you. Consider it a compliment. I don't think Town!Galz would choose such a poor line. Whereas I have no idea wtf to think about Skum!Galz. So until the green letters prove me wrong, my vote will stay here.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: November 21, 2017, 06:29:38 pm »

But really bad play as scum, as it basically immediately outs him, unless he knows of a town version of the role.

Not to like whatever - but again - He doesn't need to know of a town version of the role. If he has the role he can claim it is a town version. We have no way of knowing. Setup specifically states that it can change stuff like that.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: November 21, 2017, 06:36:47 pm »

Possibly town on Datswan as well.

You don't think this is true stop lying to seem level headed.

I find this to be quite offensive even though it's not directed at me.

And I didn’t snap counter claim bc if he is skum it gives him what they want and if he town with some brilliant plan then I stop that from ever happening.
Mostly bc of all the potential variables in this game I  wanted to see how things played out.

As has been noted - 1v1 trades are horrible for scum unless they're used to set up potential endgames. That is not the case D1. Further, as items are not roles this game, but supplements to roles, the "draft" this game is far less important than in most games. You may be Draft #1, but you could have the crappiest role ever invented. Attempting to setup a 1v1 trade against an unknown valued PR just to potentially remove Draft #1 from play seems like really, really bad play - yes? That's because it is. This is double true if you consider the point of Draft #1 claiming D1: To get PPS lynched. If I'm Mafia, I knew he wasn't. That makes him extremely likely to be town. Lying to force a town lynch D1 and potentially set up a 1v1 trade with Draft #1? That's just awful Mafia play. If PPS had flipped town and not SK then there's no way I ever even have a chance to win a 1v1 with you if it came to that. The only reason I felt ok about the lie was that I thought PPS was Mafia - something that can't be the case if I'm Mafia myself (multi-ball arguments aside: but we've seen no evidence to this point that that is the case).

See here is the thing. Still no upside for Town in any of that. Just pointing out why you wouldn't do it as Skum.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: November 21, 2017, 06:45:53 pm »

Claims thus far

Lalight/EFHW RMM10
gkrieg RMM11
WW RMM13
Dylan RMM14
e RMM16
iguana RMM28
silver RMM31
Haddock RMM32
Galzria RMM40
schadd  RMM43
Jake  RMM45

Awaclus ??
Chairs ??
DatSwan ??
Space ??

Updated:
Lalight/EFHW RMM10
gkrieg RMM11
WW RMM13
Dylan RMM14
e RMM16
Space RMM18
iguana RMM28
silver RMM31
Haddock RMM32
Galzria RMM40
schadd  RMM43
Swan RMM44
Jake  RMM45

Awaclus ??
Chairs ??

real good. That’s how

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: November 21, 2017, 07:07:00 pm »

Not to like whatever - but again - He doesn't need to know of a town version of the role. If he has the role he can claim it is a town version. We have no way of knowing. Setup specifically states that it can change stuff like that.

I thought it only changed win cons to make the scum teams work out, but otherwise alignments would agree.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #744 on: November 21, 2017, 07:10:15 pm »

I bid on RMM 13.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: November 21, 2017, 07:14:17 pm »

That means chairs must’ve picked 11

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: November 21, 2017, 07:18:00 pm »

Just finished reading the last 4 pages.

I bid RMM19 (because I watched The Dark Tower movie recently and it all comes up nineteen).

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: November 21, 2017, 07:19:00 pm »

Since gkrieg suggests I -must- have picked RMM11 based on that, it sounds like maybe we have some fun things to pick apart here.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: November 21, 2017, 07:29:13 pm »

That means chairs must’ve picked 11

How could you have enough info to say that?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: November 21, 2017, 08:49:24 pm »

Since gkrieg suggests I -must- have picked RMM11 based on that, it sounds like maybe we have some fun things to pick apart here.

It's especially interesting as Gkrieg was Draft 17, and you were Draft 12. He claims to have bid on RMM11 to get Draft 17... so why would he believe you to have bid the same and wound up Draft 12?

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 15 queries.