Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 98008 times)

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D2)
« Reply #600 on: August 31, 2016, 09:26:50 am »

you're too laid-back, controlled. townies are tapping around in the darkness. where is the darkness around you?
The controlled part is definitely intentional, the 'laid-back and not-tapping in darkness' part I cannot comment on since I don't see where you get that from.
Anyway, I certainly don't like that this game is moving towards a two player interrogation. What do the others think about silvers read on me?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: August 31, 2016, 09:48:48 am »

you're too laid-back, controlled. townies are tapping around in the darkness. where is the darkness around you?
The controlled part is definitely intentional, the 'laid-back and not-tapping in darkness' part I cannot comment on since I don't see where you get that from.
Anyway, I certainly don't like that this game is moving towards a two player interrogation. What do the others think about silvers read on me?

Well I'm going to reread you myself and then comment. Today is going to be busy for me, so it might have to wait until later this evening.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: August 31, 2016, 12:34:30 pm »

I like it. Your response has been way too relaxed.

vote: Calamitas.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: August 31, 2016, 12:39:22 pm »

I think it's
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: August 31, 2016, 12:42:44 pm »

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: August 31, 2016, 01:03:58 pm »

um, are you really dead chairs?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: August 31, 2016, 01:13:33 pm »

I died laughing at igig.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: August 31, 2016, 01:22:08 pm »

I died laughing at igig.

ah. thought there might have been a derp hammer there.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

chairs

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: August 31, 2016, 02:02:12 pm »

I... don't think so?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: August 31, 2016, 04:20:28 pm »

silver is spot on, so I am sheeping him. To explain this, I got a picture of "Spot on" a treatment used on sheep. This caused chairs to die laughing, so he is indeed dead, although not by lynching, by laughter. So we may not get a flip for him.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: August 31, 2016, 04:22:11 pm »

silver is spot on, so I am sheeping him. To explain this, I got a picture of "Spot on" a treatment used on sheep. This caused chairs to die laughing, so he is indeed dead, although not by lynching, by laughter. So we may not get a flip for him.

I got that. didn't know if yours was a derp hammer or not. it's not.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: August 31, 2016, 04:30:28 pm »

I'm voting for... Calamitas?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (N0)
« Reply #612 on: August 31, 2016, 04:32:21 pm »

Vote Count 2.7

Lighten up a little bit. It's only the end of the world.

chairs (2): diedre, RR
silver (1): Calamitas
SA (2): mail-mi, gkrieg
Calamitas (3): silver, iguana, chairs (L-2)

Not Voting (1): SA

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: 7pm, 3 September.  That's in just over 3 days.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:54:20 pm by Haddock »
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: August 31, 2016, 04:44:06 pm »

I'm voting for... Calamitas?

...right.  :-X

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: August 31, 2016, 04:49:59 pm »

Vote Count 2.7

Calamitas (3): silver, iguana, Calamitas (L-2)

I think this should be chairs

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: August 31, 2016, 04:54:42 pm »

Vote Count 2.7

Calamitas (3): silver, iguana, Calamitas (L-2)

I think this should be chairs
Jeepers.  Apparently I need to sleep more.  Thanks.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: August 31, 2016, 05:45:22 pm »

I s'pose if nobody else is seeing the gkrieg/ss scumteam, I could vote: SpaceAnemone

I really wanted to see that scumteam, and I've been re-reading the whole game to catalogue all the places where the pair of them are basically steamrollering us all into seeing things their way. Sadly, it's just not as compelling a list as I wanted it to be :-(

If they were both to be scum, with one killing each of the NKs, why pick that particular pair to kill, especially with Seprix being under suspicion for being one of the few people posting when the hidden vote came in. I mean, I guess it's not totally unimaginable that as a pair of experienced scums, they'd decide to kill the traitor just to mess with town and finesse things a bit, but that seems a stretch.

Other random thoughts: If there's an SK too, then we'd presumably have to have some super-duper PRs to help us out. Worth bearing in mind if more useful town info comes out, I guess. Is multiple factions of traitors ever a thing? Like could gkrieg be a one-shot vig traitor who can't win if the other traitor is alive? Cylon in-fighting would certainly fit with flavour. That doesn't gel with Silver being the one who Iguana tracked to Seprix, though.

So yeah, much as I'd like to see that, I think for now Gkrieg and Silver are untouchable, as is Iguana. I encourage anyone who's not Gkrieg or Silver to propose more ways in which the game roles might not be what they've been driving us to think they are, though, just in case there's something less implausible that I'm missing.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: August 31, 2016, 05:54:34 pm »

unvote SA just townslipped hard.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: August 31, 2016, 05:56:33 pm »

unvote SA just townslipped hard.
Where?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: August 31, 2016, 05:57:38 pm »

I also don't feel like the Calamitas wagon is the right way to go either. He did some really towny stuff, and he's kind of being accused of scumminess for the same sorts of behaviour I'm being accused for, except he says he's been on vacation, and for me it's major work deadlines. Here's some towny stuff that some of you might be overlooking, though:

Post #249, pointing out Seprix's traitor breadcrumbing before anyone else had mentioned it. If he were scum, that just gives extra info to town without adding anything for scum, who'd already have been aware of the situation at flip time if not before.

This from post #275:
1. Town PR with NK has got the traitor hint. But they could have outed their doubts on Day 1. Of course, mafia could have killed Seprix and the PR efhw but I don't see any reason for a town PR to kill efhw. He wasn't really scummy at all.
The first assumption is off, because we know gkrieg only formed his suspicions in twilight after it was too late to do anything about it in the lynch. But if we trust gkrieg, then we know that it was EFHW who was the scum NK.. and if Calamitas is scum, would he be anywhere near as likely to misgender her, given that presumably these kills are discussed in faction chat? This only holds if his supposed scumbuddy is not diedre, but that covers a lot of cases, so I feel it's worth a mention.

Finally, post #405: he mentioned mafiascum.net in his case. I find that really townie, because he's not afraid to back up his source. Compare that to much of the other assumptions we have about how things in this game are working, many of which have simply been declared by gkrieg/Silver as they push us along.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: August 31, 2016, 06:01:29 pm »

If they were both to be scum, with one killing each of the NKs, why pick that particular pair to kill, especially with Seprix being under suspicion for being one of the few people posting when the hidden vote came in. I mean, I guess it's not totally unimaginable that as a pair of experienced scums, they'd decide to kill the traitor just to mess with town and finesse things a bit, but that seems a stretch.

Other random thoughts: If there's an SK too, then we'd presumably have to have some super-duper PRs to help us out. Worth bearing in mind if more useful town info comes out, I guess. Is multiple factions of traitors ever a thing? Like could gkrieg be a one-shot vig traitor who can't win if the other traitor is alive? Cylon in-fighting would certainly fit with flavour. That doesn't gel with Silver being the one who Iguana tracked to Seprix, though.

So yeah, much as I'd like to see that, I think for now Gkrieg and Silver are untouchable, as is Iguana. I encourage anyone who's not Gkrieg or Silver to propose more ways in which the game roles might not be what they've been driving us to think they are, though, just in case there's something less implausible that I'm missing.

Townslip bolded.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: August 31, 2016, 06:20:36 pm »

Townslip bolded.

I don't really get how that is a town slip.  More of a newb!slip

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: August 31, 2016, 06:42:39 pm »

Townslip bolded.

Are you saying there's absolutely no way of having two NKs by scum? The Vigilante page on mafiascum.net says it does happen, albeit rarely. And Haddock has already frustrated Chairs by including hidden votes (see Chairs' reaction in #349), so maybe it's worth considering the possibility there are other elements in here that are a little bit out of the ordinary and frustrating.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: August 31, 2016, 06:45:53 pm »

If he was scum, he would know that not mafia only has one night kill.

Though it also looks like he knows there's only two scum, when we don't know that for sure...

So I guess they kind of cancel out. I'll go back to vote: SA

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: August 31, 2016, 06:59:54 pm »

If he was scum, he would know that not mafia only has one night kill.

Though it also looks like he knows there's only two scum, when we don't know that for sure...

So I guess they kind of cancel out. I'll go back to vote: SA

Wait, what? Can you re-word that to help me follow what your argument is even trying to say?

Also vote: mail-mi because now I really do start to see the whole opportunism argument made by Silver earlier.

My general feelings at the moment are:
Towns: Silver, Iguana, gkrieg, Calamitas
Nulls: diedre, RR (but I should give more scrutiny next time through)
Scummy: Mail-mi
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.