Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 67  All

Author Topic: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia- Game Over, Everyone Loses!  (Read 172195 times)

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day Four)
« Reply #1325 on: December 03, 2019, 06:13:16 pm »

shraeye forgot N2, I'd put a whole bunch of dollars on that. That doesn't make him town though, just confirms he is, in fact, still shraeye.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: December 03, 2019, 06:17:09 pm »

The gist is I'm leaning towards LaLight lying, being the last WW or the last Mafia member (other than Eevee). They couldn't claim either of the last unclaimed kills for Night 1 because it would invoke immediate suspicion, so they picked a target (that we know with hindsight) couldn't have been killed.

However, I also don't think it's such a big deal. If shraeye really is the SK, they're likely to just shoot LaLight tonight.

It kinda screws up because mail-mi could very well believe LaLight, and try to cure them instead of shraeye.

Alright, here's my round up for the day:

shraeye's silence on this whole matter is explained by them not fully believing mail-mi's claim, playing it safe basically. Them counterclaiming at this point would be unproductive when they can just kill LaLight tonight, and wait-and-see for tomorrow.

DatSwan could be scum, likely Mafia, but they are definitely Vanilla-ized, so they can't be the roleblocker.

raerae, again, Vanilla-ized, can't be roleblocker. Likely Town though.

I don't think Uncleeurope is a Survivor. It's not clear if they are an Alien or not though. If they are, we basically should treat them as a survivor, lynching them last. If they are Mafia (or WW), they are likely the roleblocker, so they should be the "back up" kill if Eevee turns up as anything but Mafia roleblocker.

Galzria is likely dead tonight, no stopping that. Could get lucky with a bystander effect thing.

mail-mi might be safe tonight, especially with Galzria likely about to have free reign to investigate, attracting the kills. And I'd like to think the real SK wouldn't shoot them, leaving their options open.

But yeah, I think my vote is still on Eevee (reasons expressed in earlier posts). The roleblocker blocks several good paths, regardless of who's who.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: December 03, 2019, 06:32:39 pm »

But yeah, I think my vote is still on Eevee (reasons expressed in earlier posts). The roleblocker blocks several good paths, regardless of who's who.
I'm talking about a metaphorical vote, by the way. Still one or two things to do before the Day ends.

shraeye forgot N2, I'd put a whole bunch of dollars on that. That doesn't make him town though, just confirms he is, in fact, still shraeye.
Missing a kill, even as a SK, I find to be believable. 24 hour isn't really that long, especially if you only find out about Night several hours into it.
What makes me suspicious is the pandering (where they said they were deciding between MiX and Space, when their suspicious-ness wasn't revealed until day(s) in the future).

One last thing regarding LaLight, if we imagine they are non-SK scum. Imagine mail-mi that tries to cure LaLight tonight, but it fails because LaLight isn't actually a SK. It's possible that could LaLight claim the next Day that were cured, without mail-mi have any way of checking.
Mod question: Are Psychiatrists told if their action successfully turns a SK in a Townie?

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: December 03, 2019, 06:49:07 pm »

Oh, and going back reading the last page(s) in more detail, I'm now leaning even more towards DatSwan being the last Mafia (but again, they are certainly Vanilla-ized).

Eevee's suspicion of DatSwan, and subsequent voting, is a last minute attempt to bus them to Victory.

Votes should be 3 on Eevee (Galzria, LaLight, DwaSwan) and 1 on Datswan (Eevee). 5 to lynch. Deadline in like 2 days or something.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: December 03, 2019, 07:11:23 pm »

I'd still like an answer for why shraeye should have targeted you.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: December 03, 2019, 07:19:33 pm »

Because their NK theory has me down as a SK:
My NK theory was: there have only ever been me, Werewolf, Mafia, Bright (SK) shooting.  All 4 night 1, missing 2 night 2 (I forgot and somebody shot SK-Bright, all 4 night 3.
Yet they targeted Didds on Night 3. ~1/4 chance to hit Mafia (blindfiring at the people who voted for me on Day 3), vs. shoot who you think is the SK.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: December 03, 2019, 07:20:38 pm »

Mod question: Are Psychiatrists told if their action successfully turns a SK in a Townie?

No
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: December 03, 2019, 07:21:47 pm »

Yet they targeted Didds on Night 3. ~1/4 chance to hit Mafia (blindfiring at the people who voted for me on Day 3), vs. shoot who you think is the SK.
And if it wasn't clear from my last few posts, I don't care about why this happened anymore. Either they're a Vigilante, in which case, hooray, or they're a SK, in which case there is a avenue for them to be useful to us, and become a Townie.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: December 03, 2019, 07:24:33 pm »

No
Okay, so there's a bit more danger later down the road, but nothing I've said above changes.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: December 03, 2019, 07:36:19 pm »

The gist is I'm leaning towards LaLight lying, being the last WW or the last Mafia member (other than Eevee). They couldn't claim either of the last unclaimed kills for Night 1 because it would invoke immediate suspicion, so they picked a target (that we know with hindsight) couldn't have been killed.

However, I also don't think it's such a big deal. If shraeye really is the SK, they're likely to just shoot LaLight tonight.

It kinda screws up because mail-mi could very well believe LaLight, and try to cure them instead of shraeye.

Alright, here's my round up for the day:

shraeye's silence on this whole matter is explained by them not fully believing mail-mi's claim, playing it safe basically. Them counterclaiming at this point would be unproductive when they can just kill LaLight tonight, and wait-and-see for tomorrow.
Are you even trying to make sense anymore?

Why would LaLight lie about his targets?
Did you even read my posts where I put mailmi in the 100% category and made night plans based off of that?
How in the good green earth is SK counterclaiming a SK even an option if there are 4 possible SK roles?

Because their NK theory has me down as a SK:
How in the world could I have acted Night 3 on a theory that I made on Day 4 once I saw how many kills there were?

But maybe yeah, even if I was a full Vigilante, I'd claim the moment I shot someone, just like I did in this game.
Why would a full Vig reveal themselves the moment they shoot anyone, when instead they could just keep shooting for scum?

And... there is actually surprisingly little to go on.
Why do you keep throwing line after line of terrible-assumption suspicion at me if you agree there's not much to go on?

But why shoot randomly? It's not like it was a Night start, there was a Day to go on.
At what point during Day1 did my level of engagement lead you to believe I had any reads at all?
When I said "hey we should just effing random lynch", did you think I just threw that out there for fun?

I was going to shoot for Glooble's potential partners on night 2, but also wanted to shoot at MiX and Space. Wanted to reread to see which of those two was more likely Glooble-partner, and forgot to shoot in time.
But why these two? This seems like you are trying to pander to us. Remember, all you would've had to go on was Day 1, there was no faust reveal, and Space didn't even talk that much.
Why did you forget that Night 2 happens after Day 2?
Why did you forget that faust's flip happened before Mix was suspected?
Why did you know that MiX was enough of a suspect that me picking him was "pandering", but not remember enough to know that MiX was a suspect BECAUSE of how he acted with the faust lynch?

My NK theory was: there have only ever been me, Werewolf, Mafia, Bright (SK) shooting.  All 4 night 1, missing 2 night 2 (I forgot and somebody shot SK-Bright, all 4 night 3.

But I haven't gone back to my drawing board after mail-mi's claim.
But shouldn't you?
If I was Vanillaized on Night 2 by mail-mi, then there's no way I could've killed anyone on last night.
And if you think mail-mi is lying, then surely I'm not a Serial Killer at all, I'd be a WW or Mafia and in his faction. But then you can't point to me to explain last night 4th kill. So it'd be Alien's kill, Werewolf PGO, Parrot, etc.
Why do you think I'm saying "I will not reconsider", when I said "I haven't had a chance to review or reanalyze the claim that happened just a few moments ago"?
Why are you saying "shraeye thinks mail-mi is lying"?

Also why did you never shoot me?
WHEN WOULD I HAVE HAD A CHANCE TO SHOOT YOU?

I don't even want answers to these questions.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1335 on: December 03, 2019, 07:41:30 pm »

our kid has been throwing insane tantrums for the last 2 weeks, and he's at it 150% right now.  It is NOT the time to come at me, and it is NOT THE TIME to come at me with this level of inaccuracy.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: December 03, 2019, 07:45:45 pm »

I appreciate the responses shraeye.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: December 03, 2019, 07:48:43 pm »

You could’ve shot him N1, N2 or N3. 😁
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: December 03, 2019, 07:50:05 pm »

People I believe in order from most belief to lying liarsons.

1) LL
2) mail-mi
3) Galz
4) shraeye
5) DatSwan
6) Eddie
7) Eevee
8) Bright

Anybody wants to convince me not to vote for Bright, now's your chance.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: December 03, 2019, 07:50:35 pm »

People I believe in order from most belief to lying liarsons.

1) LL
2) mail-mi
3) Galz
4) shraeye
5) DatSwan
6) Eddie
7) Eevee
8) Bright

You know what?  I hate the sunglasses smiley.  I said it.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: December 03, 2019, 07:55:10 pm »

You could’ve shot him N1, N2 or N3. 😁
I appreciate your dedication to technicalities :)

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: December 03, 2019, 07:59:02 pm »

Because your vote shouldn't depend solely on who you think is lying, you should also consider the damage they could do to the town. So even if your tunnel vision thinks I'm lying, you'll still vote for Eevee. Doubly so if it's to avoid a No Lynch.

2) mail-mi
8) Bright
Also, you contradict yourself.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: December 03, 2019, 08:12:27 pm »

Because your vote shouldn't depend solely on who you think is lying, you should also consider the damage they could do to the town. So even if your tunnel vision thinks I'm lying, you'll still vote for Eevee. Doubly so if it's to avoid a No Lynch.

2) mail-mi
8) Bright

Not really. You could be Mafia or WW or hell, not as likely, Alien.

N1 there were 4 kills: While the claimed SK claimed to have shot Space, this may or may not be true. And there are other ways for a fourth kill to happen outside of your claimed 1-shot Vig.

That’s the only night that doesn’t fit super cleanly with you not being what you’ve claimed. N2 & N3 you could very easily be team!scum and nothing would really change.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: December 03, 2019, 08:12:57 pm »

Vote: Bright

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: December 03, 2019, 08:18:34 pm »

2) mail-mi
8) Bright

"Should." 

Vote: Bright

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: December 03, 2019, 08:19:16 pm »

I think bright is town. Inaccurate town, but town.

I should place my vote. I think vote: eevee is best (that's L-1 I believe) though I could also go with DatSwan.

I'm pretty much 100% with Shraeye's analysis, and if he is sk then I can heal him.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: December 03, 2019, 08:22:24 pm »

I should place my vote. I think vote: eevee is best (that's L-1 I believe) though I could also go with DatSwan.

I'm pretty much 100% with Shraeye's analysis, and if he is sk then I can heal him.

If you think Eevee is a roleblocker then it isn't it 110% possible he targeted you the night you targeted Bright?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: December 03, 2019, 08:27:40 pm »

If you think Eevee is a roleblocker then it isn't it 110% possible he targeted you the night you targeted Bright?

Or does your townread go further than you targeting him?  If you've already explained it just send me in the right direction.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: December 03, 2019, 08:34:16 pm »

Not really. You could be Mafia or WW or hell, not as likely, Alien.
I assume your talking about the contradiction thing. Yes, that must be what raerae meant.

N1 there were 4 kills: While the claimed SK claimed to have shot Space, this may or may not be true. And there are other ways for a fourth kill to happen outside of your claimed 1-shot Vig.
I'm not sure I follow what your saying here. I definitely see that LaLight may have not actually shot (and missed) Space, instead shooting either Glooble or Archetype, that's my working theory after-all.

But what fourth kill are we talking about? My kill, sudgy's death? So your saying that I could've claimed the WW or Mafia's kill as my one-shot kill, right? Yes that's entirely possible.
But what are the other ways you talk about, how is the 4th kill explained otherwise? The Alien's kill? Yeah, that's possible.

Well, good. But to defend myself, I'm not inaccurate if even I admit I could be inaccurate and more importantly it won't affect any outcomes.

This is fine. I was waiting for you to say 100% who you would target tonight, just in case you snuff it and there's some question of who you targeted.

Wait, so you DO still think I'm a Serial Killer? raerae, Galz claimed that he was roleblocked on Night 2. mail-mi used his ability on me Night 2. That doesn't work.

I could hammer now! But I'll wait like 15 mins or something.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: December 03, 2019, 08:39:14 pm »

Wait, so you DO still think I'm a Serial Killer? raerae, Galz claimed that he was roleblocked on Night 2. mail-mi used his ability on me Night 2. That doesn't work.

I could hammer now! But I'll wait like 15 mins or something.

No.  I've never thought you were SK.  And you keep thinking I believe the same things you do.  I don't.  Let me very clearly state that I do not think like you do and your beliefs do not match mine. 
Pages: 1 ... 52 53 [54] 55 56 ... 67  All

Page created in 2.091 seconds with 20 queries.