Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 73  All

Author Topic: M113: sufjan stevens (OH THE WORLD IS A MESS)  (Read 194866 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (day 2)
« Reply #950 on: February 26, 2018, 01:46:31 am »

I don't feel the DatSwan wagon at all. I mean he does things sometimes that I don't tink are particularly helpful, but it all seems to be in a townie mindset.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: February 26, 2018, 03:48:37 am »

actually why-sies in general? Or, less generally - why-sies @ Robz, TWM, Cuzz, PPS?

Just kind of have been told that bc galz died I look bad, and then PPs made something up about space that I didn't say... trying to find a case to defend, but I am having a hard time finding the.... you know case.
I don't think I ever really had a case on you, but a scummy vibe. But I can try and articulate that if you feel like you "need" to respond to something, which is partially why I find you scummy. You are very zeroed in on why people find you scummy.

One thing that did stand out to me was something similar to what Clems was suspected of:

since we are all doing it here is the quick version:

Clems
Robz
Space
LL
Faust

in that order of preference. although I will also be around.
Having your lynch preferences, when listed, be those that had already received heavy suspicion.Swap out Galz for faust and you have the end of day votes:

SirClemens (7): faust, DatSwan, Cuzz, LaLight, iguanaiguana, The_Wine_Merchant, Galzria
Galzria (2): pingpongsam, SirClemens
SpaceAnemone (2): mcmcsalot, Robz888
LaLight (1): Teproc
Robz888 (1): SpaceAnemone

I don't buy a lot into the you killing Galz thing, especially as a primary motive. But I can see it as a secondary or third motive and one that I think you would not argue against as scum.

This post:

also I was either drunk or sheeping (or both)... druneeping?

unvote

You basically ignored my claim for a long time. It was weird. You were around, but didn't acknolwedge it. I think that is how scum is more likely to react to a weird, unknown situation.

Once you did start to look at it, you were more interested in what I could possibly have claimed. Same with iguana. Feels PR hunty?

And finally, you persistently spell it skum when everyone else spells it scum :)

I think Town players generally dis believe PR claims with no merit provided behind them. Why would i not do that? You stated you had a pr, shares (In my still current opionion) vague and useless info at an un-important junction, and then do the whole “I’m not sharing until others do” bit”.
If it is skummy to push that to oblivion then y’all got a sick set up on me for every game forever bc i don’t think i will ever not push that to the limit as Town.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: February 26, 2018, 03:55:47 am »

I am back, rereading
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: February 26, 2018, 07:29:47 am »

From my reread I really want to vote: DatSwan.

I missed datswan definitely could be scum. so I guess.

Scummy: Datswan, lalight, robz
case but pr ugh: PPS, space, twm
town reads: fausty, teproc, iguana(traitor?)
def town: cuzz

why am I skummy?

Question: is it Datswan and Galz who're good friends IRL? Could that incentivise one of them to want to take the other out, if they're on opposite factions? And if so, would killing Galz be a good move for scum to frame Swan a bit, under the assumption that one of us will point that out eventually?

I think it's likely DS would kill Galz, unlikely someone else would do it just to frame DS... I don't think that's something scum would have realized and discussed. I could be wrong on that I guess.

What about killing Galz to frame Faust?

WHy would they do it that way? I'd think mafia would do the opposite--kill faust Night 1 (a "duh" move for mafia) and leave Galz alone to continue to be suspected.

Because the day opened with PPS having this huge fancy readymade case on Faust based on the Galz flip and it looked like he made itnovernight

wait? why is this skummy? I do that all the time as town. I mean I have never like posted it, but if you are town at night what else do you have to do other than re-read based on the lynch flip? skum has a whole freeking channel to talk in? why is it more likely for a pre type to be skummy as opposed to it being a town player posting their insights from a night time re read?

Whatever, I am a fan of this from a Town perspective. We should know who we are willing to put up for lynch and not. Here is my list:

Happy to Lynch:
1) pingpongsam
2) Teproc
3) iguanaiguana
4) Cuzz

Will lynch if needed:
1) Robz
2) MCMC
3) TWM
4) Faust

Don't Want to Lynch:
1) LaLight
2) Space
3) Swan - Including myself to make sure not to confuse anyone.

Twice asking "why am I skummy" which I do not specifically like. Putting me in Don't want to lynch list is weird. I'd lynch myself here looking at my posts, there's no real reason to not want to lynch me

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: February 26, 2018, 07:39:07 am »

What's the vote count?

I grudgingly accept that it's probably not a good idea to lynch PPS today. After all maybe he can investigate again. Or else scum kills him and we don't have to worry.

Vote: LaLight

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: February 26, 2018, 07:40:29 am »

Robz's play so far is also yuck. I mean see his signature, but then him having that signature of course also signals that he is aware of that meta and it's really not that hard to emulate as scum.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: February 26, 2018, 07:45:43 am »

Robz's play so far is also yuck. I mean see his signature, but then him having that signature of course also signals that he is aware of that meta and it's really not that hard to emulate as scum.

I am a bit wary of Robz as well.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: February 26, 2018, 08:32:36 am »

Datswan asked to know why I found him scummy and then dismisses everything except the joke at the end. And then asks, immediately after, why iguana finds him scummy.

Hey datswan. That was scummy!
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: February 26, 2018, 08:33:25 am »

Nevermind. Saw you did a response.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: February 26, 2018, 08:34:28 am »

Kind of

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: February 26, 2018, 08:35:02 am »

I don't feel the DatSwan wagon at all. I mean he does things sometimes that I don't tink are particularly helpful, but it all seems to be in a townie mindset.
Whyzies?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: February 26, 2018, 09:08:09 am »

Whyzies?

Take posts like this one. It's such a pointless exercise to do this as scum, and scum knows this. Could they do it trying to grab towncred? I mean sure, but it's not clear that you will even get towncred from it, and more importantly you have to think about it. Other posts by DatSwan were in a similar fashion I think, but that is the one I remember best.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: February 26, 2018, 09:16:01 am »

Whyzies?

Take posts like this one. It's such a pointless exercise to do this as scum, and scum knows this.
I guess I don't follow. It seems like a post anyone of any alignment would make in trying to figure what is going on with a role.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: February 26, 2018, 09:41:55 am »

Whyzies?

Take posts like this one. It's such a pointless exercise to do this as scum, and scum knows this.
I guess I don't follow. It seems like a post anyone of any alignment would make in trying to figure what is going on with a role.
From scum!DatSwan's point of view, either iguana is scum or town, and he knows this (I think technically SK is an option here? Not sure.)

If scum: Then he does not really want to dissect his partner's claim.

If town: Then he already knows that there is some reason for the claim, whatever that may be. So if he makes an argument that iguana's behaviour does not make sense as any town PR, then iguana just has to claim and it's likely that what he says will make sense. So really all this doesn't help mislynching town!iguana. And is scum!DatSwan wants to figure out what iguana's PR is, he's way more likely to do this in his QT.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: February 26, 2018, 10:50:09 am »

Whyzies?

Take posts like this one. It's such a pointless exercise to do this as scum, and scum knows this. Could they do it trying to grab towncred? I mean sure, but it's not clear that you will even get towncred from it, and more importantly you have to think about it. Other posts by DatSwan were in a similar fashion I think, but that is the one I remember best.

I believe that in Mafia 108 DatSwan did long analytical posts like that as scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: February 26, 2018, 10:53:35 am »

Whyzies?

I believe that in Mafia 108 DatSwan did long analytical posts like that as scum.
The point is not that they are long and analytical...

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: February 26, 2018, 01:15:16 pm »

From my reread I really want to vote: DatSwan.

I missed datswan definitely could be scum. so I guess.

Scummy: Datswan, lalight, robz
case but pr ugh: PPS, space, twm
town reads: fausty, teproc, iguana(traitor?)
def town: cuzz

why am I skummy?

Question: is it Datswan and Galz who're good friends IRL? Could that incentivise one of them to want to take the other out, if they're on opposite factions? And if so, would killing Galz be a good move for scum to frame Swan a bit, under the assumption that one of us will point that out eventually?

I think it's likely DS would kill Galz, unlikely someone else would do it just to frame DS... I don't think that's something scum would have realized and discussed. I could be wrong on that I guess.

What about killing Galz to frame Faust?

WHy would they do it that way? I'd think mafia would do the opposite--kill faust Night 1 (a "duh" move for mafia) and leave Galz alone to continue to be suspected.

Because the day opened with PPS having this huge fancy readymade case on Faust based on the Galz flip and it looked like he made itnovernight

wait? why is this skummy? I do that all the time as town. I mean I have never like posted it, but if you are town at night what else do you have to do other than re-read based on the lynch flip? skum has a whole freeking channel to talk in? why is it more likely for a pre type to be skummy as opposed to it being a town player posting their insights from a night time re read?

Whatever, I am a fan of this from a Town perspective. We should know who we are willing to put up for lynch and not. Here is my list:

Happy to Lynch:
1) pingpongsam
2) Teproc
3) iguanaiguana
4) Cuzz

Will lynch if needed:
1) Robz
2) MCMC
3) TWM
4) Faust

Don't Want to Lynch:
1) LaLight
2) Space
3) Swan - Including myself to make sure not to confuse anyone.

Twice asking "why am I skummy" which I do not specifically like. Putting me in Don't want to lynch list is weird. I'd lynch myself here looking at my posts, there's no real reason to not want to lynch me

1 - I have a reason for asking why people think I am skummy.
2 - I clearly stated why I did not want to lynch you.
3 - I don't know what you are quoting the middle bit for (the convo with robz)
real good. That’s how

Ghacob

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Gender
  • J. They/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: February 26, 2018, 01:23:25 pm »

TWM, important question: did you get a result last night?

Datswan, you are not helping yourself, here.
Gender happened.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: February 26, 2018, 01:24:18 pm »

What is this in context to?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: February 26, 2018, 01:25:36 pm »

What is this in context to?

also did not ask before sorry- he/she/they preference?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: February 26, 2018, 01:29:31 pm »

Whyzies?

Remember how last game you thought I felt like skum because you thought I was behaving similarly to games where I was skum? ... and then we were both Town?
This is similar to that... with the exception IDK if your Town or Skum yet.
real good. That’s how

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: February 26, 2018, 02:05:33 pm »

Whyzies?

Remember how last game you thought I felt like skum because you thought I was behaving similarly to games where I was skum? ... and then we were both Town?
This is similar to that... with the exception IDK if your Town or Skum yet.

Fair.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: February 26, 2018, 06:21:40 pm »

I targeted Cuzz last night. That is all I have said regarding the matter.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: February 26, 2018, 06:30:21 pm »

From scum!DatSwan's point of view, either iguana is scum or town, and he knows this (I think technically SK is an option here? Not sure.)

If scum: Then he does not really want to dissect his partner's claim.

If town: Then he already knows that there is some reason for the claim, whatever that may be. So if he makes an argument that iguana's behaviour does not make sense as any town PR, then iguana just has to claim and it's likely that what he says will make sense. So really all this doesn't help mislynching town!iguana. And is scum!DatSwan wants to figure out what iguana's PR is, he's way more likely to do this in his QT.
I think you have a valid opinion, but I wonder how much of it is based off what you would do and how much is based off what I would do. I have never used my QT in that manner before. Everything I have to say I would say in thread, but put a town spin on it.

Do we even know if mafia have their own personal QTs this game? Most games I have been I think mafia have a shared QT and that is it. Looking at the rules I don't see any indication that this would be the case.

And I don't agree that iguana's explanation will just make sense and he will be given a pass for it. Maybe it will, maybe it won't. I think it an avenue for mafia to potentially explore.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
Re: M113: sufjan stevens (signups)
« Reply #974 on: February 26, 2018, 06:32:48 pm »

i will assemble a 10 town vs. 3 scum setup using exclusively the normal roles & modifiers from this list. you can expect there to be less than 6 power roles for town and less than 3 power roles for scum.

One thing I did notice that I hadn't remembered and I think others forgot. We can't have a SK. There are 3 scum and there will be less than 6 power roles, so 5 at most. Robz said something that made it seem like I should not question how many roles are already out there. Currently we have 4 (assuming iguana is a role) with myself, PPS and Galz being added. That leaves one left. So again, still suspicious of iguana and PPS, as should other(s) else that has a town power role, but perhaps not worth revealing yet.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 73  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.