Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157352 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1050 on: January 05, 2014, 09:45:19 am »

PPS:  Do you know if/where you traveled to last night with the doctor?

No, my role description tells me that I follow the doctor through time, however I have no active abilities so I don't have any means of ascertaining where we went.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 05, 2014, 09:45:55 am »

PPS is a great lynch today, I think. He's probably scum caught in a web of lies. If he's scum, he is somehow tied to regeneration, which means he is probably strong scum. If he is town, well his claimed role isn't all that powerful, so mislynching him would be okay.

PPE: Claiming lying town is a measure of last resort. Looks like we caught scum again.

Man, I do think these sorts of posts are really scummy.  No, if PPS is town, it's not okay to mislynch him, because we miss a chance at getting the bad guys.  We don't have so many of those.

I get that you want to play a flawless town game. But how often does this happen? Most likely, we will mislynch at some point, and we have to consider what happens if you do. If someone claims a role that says "if you get lynched, town loses", you might think twice about lynching that player, even if you are 90% sure that he is scum. On the other hand, if someone claims VT, that's usually reason for a policy lynch. This is the reasoning I apply here.

if you are playing like a moron sure... go ahead and policy lynch... and your hypothetical is dumb, no one has ever made a role like that. nkirbit isn't talking about a flawless game... he id talking about winning. mislynches are how mafia wins. people often think that night kills is how they do it and this is false. this looks like a mislynch to me therefore it is in mafia's favor so i am against it and with nkirbit.

xeiron on the other hand and you to an extent appear to just want a lynch and want it to go through and be a mislynch. I am voting for xeiron and there i will stay

That's such a ridiculous misread. All Faust is saying is that town doesn't play perfectly. We're allowed a certain number of mis lynches. And those mislynches are better than no lynches because they're informational.

Your assertion that mafia wins by mislynches, not night kills, is also kind of nonsensical. If that were true the right town play would be to always no lynch. But if town always no lynched they'd have no way to deduce scum and nothing to do once they did.

Nkirbit, I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't feel safer with a perfect narrative for PPS. But LAL, man. Lynch All Liars. He's admitted to engaging in a "town ploy" and to letting us believe things he knows aren't true. Plus he's scrambling like a caught fish. Plus his day one behavior re:Archetype. What more do you need? A hat with a giant neon sign on it that says SCUM?

go back and find all the liars in previous games. see how many are town... i think you will be surprised

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 05, 2014, 09:50:44 am »

That's such a ridiculous misread.

no it isn't. it is an exaggerated response to a complete misread of nkirbit's post... obviously no one is ab;e to read in this game as we now have nk posting, faust misreadin him, me apparently misreading faust and now you misreading me. i suggest everyone stop using emotions and just think for a moment that someone posting something you don't agree with doesn't mean they are auto-scum--me included

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 05, 2014, 10:19:56 am »

I think pps claimed early to claim early, because early claims are generally believed more than late claims.

are they? look back at recent games and prove this, i don't think you will be able to do so...

I just have to look at this game and your earlier post that we should lynch amongst the uncalimed to prove this.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1054 on: January 05, 2014, 11:10:41 am »

I'm sorry this is so ridiculously long.  I thought it would be helpful to see the sequence of pps's claim as it emerged.  The links to quotes are his comments on ashersky's claim.  I also did not include some of the posts explaining why he claimed that did not also give new information.
I've contemplated the ash claim in light of EFHW's comments and with the additional consideration of ashersky's latest rationalization and I think he's a decent D1 lynch regardless of his alignment unless one of our time traveling power roles is truly enabled by him at which point it's terrible.
Well, I just caught up and well, whew...

So, surely people did things last night. And surely to god, since sudgy said he was going to do something somebody watched him, right? I mean his plan was just as easily a scum ploy if he were alive today.  As to watching sudgy, if not, why not and if so, why not tell?

I'm asking in general not to get a possible watcher to out themselves. I just can't think of a solid reason why it played out this way.

That said, I did receive some information last night that suggests an attempt to kill someone failed. That information supports the notion that sudgy died from his weak modifier as opposed to being the one killed unless there are multiple killing abilities occurring at night.
I wondered how you would be able to get such information. Can you expand on this?
Revealing the information at this juncture could be detrimental to Town. I think my information needs to come out when we have a little more certainty on who is not scum-aligned. I don't feel confident drawing any conclusions from night information. There are too many possibilities for last night's results for me to commit to voting based on those results. I will say that it is my specific role that provided me the information. This appears to be a Voltaire crafted role as I don't see anything by that name in the Wiki.
Quote from: EFHW
thinks sudgy died from his weak modifier (implicates Walrus).
I did not intend to implicate Walrus nor was I led me to believe sudgy died from his targeting. I stated that my information supported the notion, that is, it didn't disprove it. Later I stated that my information supports too many possibilities to draw any decisive conclusions. Your interpretation here would be scummy if it weren't for you being IC because I am carefully trying to present my information without giving scum the upper hand here. You turning it into me implicating or taking de facto positions on what happened last night is conflating the facts with an assumed agenda.

Other than that I agree with the rest of the reads.
Also, there's some subtle twisting of a whole other aspect of this engagement that I suspect Jotheonah of withholding information on at this point in the game.

I will at least admit that I hold information that I am delaying the release of for the sake of Town. I have good reason to believe Jo is withholding to the detriment of Town; specifically to get a certain role to out itself.
I will reveal that I know in a most interesting proxy way that a kill attempt failed on a specific Town PR last night. I'd like to see Jo's claim before I reveal anything further. If, as I beleive, Jo was responsible for the attempt then he needs to be lynched to protect the identity of the Town PR.
Okay, now I am practically certain Jotheonah is scum.

What I know is that I am a one-shot regenerating protector. And I specifically protect the doctor. What this means is that should a kill attempt be made on the doctor at night I catch the first bullet and live. Any additional attacks on the doctor will succeed in killing him not me. I am notified of the attempted kill. My power regenerates during the day so it is available on the next night. Obviously time-travel antics could mess with this royally but here is what I know for certain:

sudgy died last night. sudgy claims to have targeted walrus. sudgy died and flipped Town doctor so I should believe all of that.
someone attempted to kill sudgy (or "the doctor", I don't know the identity of "the doctor") and that attempt failed because my power prevented it.
so, either sudgy targeted scum and mafia tried to kill him or sudgy targeted Town and 2 hits were made on sudgy (implying an SK). There are some other possibilities but these two are the most likely and Jotheonah's claim of having targeted sudgy to explain away why I might have witnessed him targeting sudgy (when that wasn't the case but he thought it was before this post) suggests he made the kill attempt on sudgy.

caveat: my role description does not identify "the doctor" so I don't know if sudgy strictly qualified as "the doctor". It is possible my power applies to anyone with doctor in their role. hell, it may only apply to EFHW.

Why did Jotheonah never tell us he witnessed sudgy's target action last night? I specifically put the subtle question out there at the start of today in the context of discussion so that a claim wouldn't have to be made to explain that maybe he did what he said he did.
Correct. There is a little bit more information about my role that it is in the best interest of Town to keep quiet right now. It specifically has to do with when my power would fail to work, which if it failed I would not get a notification that my power had successfully prevented a kill attempt. If it fails to work I do die.

"the doctor" is lower case in the role description. The quotes I added for the sake of clarity.
Ah, sorry just reread the question. I will survive the first bullet strike each night so long as the power is in effect. Should my power not be in effect I will still catch the first bullet but I will die from it. By power is passive, I do not have to target or otherwise take action to make it happen. I get notified when my power successfully prevents a kill attempt on "the doctor".
I'm pretty sure PPS's results don't implicate me in any way -- they just say that someone tried to kill sudgy.
My contention is that if you targeted sudgy for the kill then you'd need to make this sort of claim to explain away why you were seen targeting sudgy which was precisely your assumption prior to my claim.
pps, what does this mean for what you think about Walrus?  Your ability protects "the doctor" and Sudgy was a doctor.  I tend to think that your power does not protect all doctors, just The Doctor, which would mean scum could have targeted him and succeeded without any notice to you.  However, if scum did not target Sudgy and he died because he targeted Walrus....well that would mean Walrus must be scum
After we got the results at the start of D2 I got confirmation that my power pertains to actual targeted kill attempts and would not protect "the doctor" from his own actions such as sudgy targeting scum.

Thus, this is why I remain neutral on the walrus thing. sudgy very well could have died from targeting walrus and also had a kill attempt made on him. And there is the possibility my notification is not relevant to sudgy at all.

I was very hesitant to come forth with this information precisely because it is so ambiguous about last night's happenings. However I felt it necessary with a wagon building on me since I am the easy mislynch because of where I stood on archetype yesterday and then with Jotheonah appearing ever more scummy and finally his claim to explain why he targeted sudgy.
Ok, so let me get this right.  If TWO people target "the doctor" on the same night to kill him (say vig and scum) then the doctor will die.  If pps is roleblocked and someone targets "the doctor" to kill him, then "the doctor" will die.
Yes, and a third condition that my power would not be in effect then a single strike at the doctor will kill me while 2 strikes would kill me first and then "the doctor".
It's "one-shot" for the night. The role description doesn't actually use the terminology "one-shot". There is a short description that states I protect the doctor from the first kill attempt against him each night. The actual power is called "Regenerating Protector".
I've dropped enough hints that I am suspicious maybe scum has me figured out and Town doesn't see it so i am going to full claim because I think ashersky's claim needs to be discussed and this information is central.

The modifier (and weakener) to my power is that it is enabled. I didn't know what that meant at all until ashersky came out and claimed up front. Now, I am not saying that this clears ashersky of being scum and I'm not sure that there isn't more than one enabler.

I think the question on my mind is whether or not ashersky claiming enabler is more or less a scum trait? By that, I mean, I am certain there is an enabler in the setup and if I assume ashersky to be the one and only which alignment makes more sense for him to be?

I have up until this point been mostly in agreement about some of the suspicions surrounding ashersky but have tried to stay away from it because my power relies upon either him or another enabler to function.

I have been collecting my thoughts on this angle since ashersky claimed early D1. I can't call it one way or the other but I am beginning to lean towards him being scum who enables town powers which would be a stronger motivation for such an early claim.
pps-ashersky scum team elaborate web of lies?
Seriously? I'm going to tie myself directly to scum partner Archetype on D1 and then tie myself directly to scum partner ashersky on D2? What should I do next self-vote just to make sure I throw this game into this toilet for my scum team?

Get real.

The enabler claim has some merit. I'm willing to bet there are more enabled roles who haven't haven't seen fit to claim as such. No way am I the only one. The alignment of this particular enabler is the suspicious part, not whether there is an enabler or whether or not it's ashersky because the early claim would be retarded for either alignment to make if they were on the enabled side of the equation.

Stop tunneling me long enough to consider whether it is a scum!ash or a town!ash enabler we are working with. I was/am leaning scum!ash but your persistence at painting me scum leans me back towards you being the main bad guy at this point.
Also, Pingpongsam, can you confirm that you know that The Doctor was targeted by a nightkill?
I confirmed that my notifications only result from my power preventing "targeted kill attempts" and no other types of actions that might result in the death of the doctor.

My notification reads: "You have successfully prevented an attempt to kill the doctor".
PPS, what is your flavor?  you have claimed your role, and while it might not be any use at all, knowing your flavor would be nice.
Well, I've already stripped to the skivvies might as well show the full monte, eh? I didn't know you could be so forward 2.71828.... good thing you're just a number or I might start to question which way I lean.

My flavor name is Romana
I'm claiming now for a reason.  I'm positive, from my role description, that I enabled more than one person.  I know what power I enable.  I believe that you don't know that you are enabled.
I'm now not sure what to make of Ash's assertion that players don't know that they are enabled.  That doesn't seem to match up with PPS's info.
Nice catch, I hadn't picked up on that before. My description makes it clear the power is enabled which I didn't quite get until ashersky claimed.
I think I got my hand slapped for being specific about the verbiage of my notification. I've been trying to carefully skirt the mod-supplied information rule but my mind slipped a bit on that one. Fortunately I'm claimed out so I don't expect to push the boundary any further.
I find it fascinating that when I posited that there would likely be other enabled roles you were quick to point out that your role was not enabled. Out of all the players, you did this. And now you capitulate and state that not only do you have enabled regeneration but that your entire JOAT role power is enabled.

I'm not biasing this observation just yet but damn it sure does seem odd that you would just now get such major clue about your own role's limitations. I gathered as much when ashersky claimed D1 so I can understand not recognizing the importance of the enabled modifier but the whole bit about denying it is what befuddles me.
PPS can you clarify for me one more time that you only see people targeting the doctor to kill and not just targeting in general.
Right, I don't know who did the targeting only that the doctor was targeted for a killing action. As far as I know I would be left completely unaware of any other types of actions targeted towards the doctor or myself.
EFHW, do you have any other role parameters outside of being the IC? A simple yes or no will suffice and a no comment is understandable but it would pertain to ascertaining whether you are "the doctor" or if maybe I protect someone else or multiple doctor titles/roles.
Well, I tried to subtly ask EFHW if there were other aspects to her role. And by that I secretly meant, "do you time travel". The one thing I have not revealed about my role (although it is clear from the flavor name) is that I move through time involuntarily with "the doctor". It was primarily for this reason that i remain uncertain if "the doctor" is EFHW or another power role. I gathered from it that we had a time traveling doctor PR which would is highly unlikely to also be the IC.

FYI, I don't even know what nights I exist in I just know that I travel with the doctor.
I had kept the time travel bit to myself because I did not want to out our best PR. If it's EFHW then I apologize but I have felt from D1 that it isn't. The assumption that "the doctor" is EFHW seemed a safe one to let everyone make until EFHW revealed that she doesn't actually need my protection whereas our time traveling doctor actually does. Also, her revelation removed my own uncertainty about my role.
So you are saying you protect a doctor, but not EFHW?
In case it is not clear. I never said this and I dare you to quote where I did. In fact, I have consistently maintained that I do not know who I protect. I never said I protect EFHW or anyone else specifically. I suggested it is possible I protect everyone with doctor in their name/title. Additionally, I have not once stated that walrus must be scum. I have stated that my night information supports the possibility but that it also supports many other possibilities and thus, no conclusions should be drawn about walrus or sudgy at this time.
Sigh, whatever. It was a Town ploy of redirecting scum away from the time traveling doctor. I knew it would fail when/if EFHW got canned which, judging by the regen thing, probably wouldn't have happened but at that point sufficient time should have passed for Town to secure the win.
say what?  you are lying town now?
I never lied. That was the ploy. Paint how you like, scum. You can't substantiate a lie anywhere. It was ambiguous for me so I kept it ambiguous for everyone. Please show me the spot where I specified EFHW as the beneficiary of my protection. Everyone else made that assumption for themselves. Me not arguing it was the ploy which incidentally is not a lie.
#887 claims being enabled and says this is a "full claim". This at least is a straight up lie.
Fair enough. I did knowingly and willingly provide false information at this point. I could have left it out there that I had yet to fully claim everything which would have prompted immediate pressure for the full claim which I had hoped to avoid because the time traveling aspect of the doctor I feel needed to remain at least uncertain. Kudos to EFHW for not answering my subtle request because the information as to who is the time traveling doctor still remains uncertain. That was probably poor play on my part trying to ascertain for my own curiosity who I protected without having to reveal it to everyone. To that end I believed EFHW was never really my beneficiary and with her revelation about her regenerative ability I'm now certain of it so I think I did the right thing here.
Walrus' vig is already pissed away. A) My regeneration, as I understand it, would protect me from the 1st shot on myself as well. and B) There is a strong possibility I won't be inside of N2 when he fires his shot at me on N2, since I'll be whisked to wherever the doctor is.
Again something you didn't deem necessary to tell us up until now.
Right. I didn't withhold so much as leave it unsaid. I thought it kind of obvious to itself. It was pertinent at this point because it's informative to Town. You want me to flip for information purposes and I'd hate you to waste this mislynch on someone less informative when you won't get the information from the vig. You're obviously not going to kill scum today.
No, my notification came from protecting the doctor. I don't know if I'm notified of being targeted myself. The role description never said anything about notifications to begin with, I just got one after N1.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 05, 2014, 11:17:35 am »

Also, there's some subtle twisting of a whole other aspect of this engagement that I suspect Jotheonah of withholding information on at this point in the game.

I will at least admit that I hold information that I am delaying the release of for the sake of Town. I have good reason to believe Jo is withholding to the detriment of Town; specifically to get a certain role to out itself.

PPS -- I'm confused about this point.  I went back and looked, and I couldn't find where Joth revealed anything to make you focus on him withholding information.  Did I miss it?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 05, 2014, 11:30:07 am »

I also have a question about the bolded part of this quote.  What is the problem you are seeing with someone claiming enabled (assuming no one had claimed enabler)?

The enabler claim has some merit. I'm willing to bet there are more enabled roles who haven't haven't seen fit to claim as such. No way am I the only one. The alignment of this particular enabler is the suspicious part, not whether there is an enabler or whether or not it's ashersky because the early claim would be retarded for either alignment to make if they were on the enabled side of the equation....

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1057 on: January 05, 2014, 11:31:24 am »

Okay, so finally re-read Walrus and this is what I got.

Just did a quick reread, and the one who jumps out as scummiest to me is vote: sudgy. First of all, that boomtown Archetype wagon seemed to me like it possibly had scum on it. Second of all, every post this game sudgy has been reminding us about when and when he's not joking. Maybe he does that normally to some extent. But it just seems very forced here: HAHA I'm voting for the IC...no HAHA don't vote for me it was just a joke...all my other posts were jokes but not this one HAHA!

Here he protects Arch by putting suspicion on those voting for him.

Archetype: I have a tough time reading this guy, and apparently he will post more starting soon. Obviously the most notable thing is the wagon that ran up on him. I admit that when I first saw his "If ash doesn't get killed N1 -> we can lynch him!" post, I too thought that it looked pretty scummy. But then that "jokey" wagon ran up on him frighteningly fast, and while I believe most of that wagon is jokey, I do think it's likely there's scum on there. So I end up on null-to-scummy on Arch.

Says he thought Arch was scummy, but that there's probably scum on his wagon, but ends up null-to-scummy on Arch.

OK, well it looks like the most major thing that's happened since I last posted was sudgy's half-claim? To be honest I don't like it. Maybe I just don't get it? I'm finding it hard to understand why he would do this as town or scum. But I'm leaning scum.

First of all, couldn't he just lie about his results? "Oh I targeted Bill, and look I didn't die! So I guess Bill's in the clear XD" Meanwhile sudgy and Bill are scumpartners. Am I missing something, or is that a really dangerous possibility?

Second, with claims left and right already this game, maybe sudgy thought he could just slip another one in there and nobody would think too much of it? The timing was really silly, and of course he made sure to mention conspicuously that his claim had *nothing* to do with the votes on him, which is a fine bit of WIFOM. In an RMM environment, we can expect that practically everyone has a PR. So it's easy to claim one, and it's hard to learn too much based on that. Every lynch, mis- or otherwise, is liable to be a PR, and you sort of just have deal with that. Pretty much everyone is going to claim something when they get down to L-1 (or earlier).

Third, in order to use sudgy's supposed ability in a pro-town manner, we'd have to tie up other PRs to confirm his claims. Those PRs could be doing other more useful things, and then we'd have to believe those claims, and so forth. Unless the rest of sudgy's ability is really awesome then maybe there's more efficient things to do.

So I think this claim is pretty weak (HAHAHAHHAHA), and I just talked myself into a vote: sudgy. The only thing holding me back a bit is the fact that this is nowhere near the path of least resistance for scum to take, especially D1. It would be quite gambit-y, which I believe sudgy is capable of, but still not as easy as lurking. If sudgy is town, it could also possibly be an easy mislynch for scum to push through, given its visibility. But despite these reservations, and considering my earlier scumread, I'm happy with my vote for now.

Here I'm actually getting the same sort of vibe which I initially voted Arch for (for the record I'm not claiming a whole lot of credit for the Arch lynch - I saw something early on which I thought was scummy and the person turned out to be scum, maybe I was just lucky), and that is trying too hard to seem to be mulling things over. Especially in the first paragraph here. It just seems a little fake to me.

The other biggest wagon is on Archetype, and I could get behind that too. I mentioned in my previous post that he was one of my scumreads, and I also found his recent post with the "surprise V/LA" to be awfully convenient, just as somebody had called him out about that. So I could be OK with an Arch lynch.

Stating he could get behind the Arch lynch. He reminds us that Arch was a scumread of his and concludes he could be OK with an Arch lynch.

How the hell do you know EFHW isn't a time-traveling doctor IC? This is RMM you know. Plus, haven't there been like 20 doctors by now?l Maybe some more are around. I don't actually watch Dr. Who (gasp!). It just seemed likely to me.

So, as I understand it, you're voting for me mostly because of my explanation of my reservations for voting for sudgy? Grrr. I hate playing the game of "what parts of my thought process are socially acceptable to voice in a Mafia game". I recognize that that looks a little hedgy, and I recognized it when I posted it. But the alternative is for me to contribute less to the discussion and post an incomplete fluffball. Is that what you'd prefer? I coulda just lurked and said LOL CHRISTMAS

If we're not allowed to find people scummy for claims (especially weird D1 half-claims in RMM), and we're not allowed to find people scummy for unannounced V/LA, then scum will prey on our naïveté, and you know there are some players who would fully capitalize on that.

Fine. I apologize for getting frustrated. My point was I put forward the effort to reread and explain my rationale, and I get a vote for my troubles. That was the source of my annoyance. I am not advocating that anybody should lurk.

"Speech is blasphemy, silence a lie. Above speech and silence there is a way out."
--Zen proverb

I've said this before I think, but these two posts seem a bit fake to me.

Time rapidly dissipating before the deadline, and all "wagons" at middling strength. We need to start approaching a conclusion. It would seem that sudgy isn't happening today, so let's try something else. Prove me wrong sudgy.

vote: jotheonah. I wouldn't blame you if you call this OMGUS, and maybe that's part of it. But take a look at this:

The sudgy lynch isn't happening so he turns to jo, someone else he actually wants to lynch.

Well, I really didn want to have to claim today, unlike some of our more eagle claimants. But it looks like I'm defaulting to a lynch and this might be my last chance todo so. So here's some of it:

I am River Song. I have several cool powders including the ability to time travel.
her not have to say more than that, but I will if I have to.

Would I like to joina larger wagon? Like the one on me? No thanks. On xeiron? He's a town read for me and two of my scumreads are currently a boarded. I am willing to join Jimmmmm and vote: Archetype though. I'm not sure what I think about a Galz lynch...I guess it's better than nothing?

And then this. The post in which he voted for Archetype at the point when I was the only other person voting for him. The big question is, obviously, why would he restart the Arch wagon if they were teammates. One answer is that he (Walrus) still expected to be lynched and wanted to have his vote on a teammate to try to give him Towncred. In fact, Walrus still receives votes after this. What's really interesting is that Arch voted for Walrus (#444), then unvoted (#445) then revoted for him (#449). I'm not sure what to make of that. Quite possibly he also thought Walrus was going to be lynched and wanted to make sure he was on the wagon. After this he never really pushed the Arch lynch, probably because he was absent - his last post before the hammer was when Arch only had 4 votes, and his last post about Arch before the hammer was when he only had 2. For me this puts Walrus' voting for Arch at a nulltell at best, and a Mafia scenario makes sense.

In summary Walrus maintained a null-to-scummy read on Arch early Day 1 while also casting suspicion on those voting for him. He and Archetype then voted for each other when it looked like Walrus was going to be lynched, possibly as a way to get Arch Town points. Walrus has also seemed less than genuine at times.

Add in sudgy's death and indications from others that the Mafia may have targeted elsewhere, and I think that's plenty enough for a Vote: Walrus.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: January 05, 2014, 11:46:10 am »

I also have a question about the bolded part of this quote.  What is the problem you are seeing with someone claiming enabled (assuming no one had claimed enabler)?

The enabler claim has some merit. I'm willing to bet there are more enabled roles who haven't haven't seen fit to claim as such. No way am I the only one. The alignment of this particular enabler is the suspicious part, not whether there is an enabler or whether or not it's ashersky because the early claim would be retarded for either alignment to make if they were on the enabled side of the equation....

Here I am making the point that ashersky's claim adds up, not talking about any other claims. I am saying that his claiming to be the enabler when in fact he is the enabled would be asinine regardless of his alignment. Thus, by being the first to even breach the topic of enablement he logically deduces to be what he says he is regardless of his alignment.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: January 05, 2014, 12:22:32 pm »

PPS -- I'm confused about this point.  I went back and looked, and I couldn't find where Joth revealed anything to make you focus on him withholding information.  Did I miss it?

Yeah, I'll have to reread that because I don't recall the specifics. I do know at the time I was still of the mindset that I had possibly protected sudgy (the time travel light bulb had not gone off). Jo, as I recall was really painting walrus as scum by using the N1 results to leverage his rereads on walrus' D1 play.

This quote set the alarm bells off:
isn't the most likely explanation that scum targeted sudgy?

And if scum targeted sudgy, then the fact that he was targeting Walrus tells us nothing.

He then proceeds to press really hard on a walrus lynch as if the night's results were conclusive. I recall it was subtle enough that I wasn't sure until he started pressing into me and then I felt more certain he had information that let him feel confident pressing the walrus lynch.

Funny, how later, once the spotlight shifted to me, part of his angle against me was that my results couldn't be conclusive and he quit pressing a walrus lynch at all. Scum will take any mislynch they can get, they don't have to be so choosy about their lynch targets.

To wit, when faust started to disagree with the walrus case Jo buddied up by publicly upgrading his lynch pool status on faust claiming a "bad memory" which Jo simply doesn't have. And then, when faust started to suspect me Jo threw his full weight behind it. When I voted him his reaction was to go straight to claiming in a "oh let me explain that thing you saw me doing" sort of way.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: January 05, 2014, 12:41:04 pm »

Here I am making the point that ashersky's claim adds up, not talking about any other claims. I am saying that his claiming to be the enabler when in fact he is the enabled would be asinine regardless of his alignment. Thus, by being the first to even breach the topic of enablement he logically deduces to be what he says he is regardless of his alignment.

Oh, I see you mean an enabled person claiming enabler would make himself a target.  But if he he is scum and enabled, claiming enabler is relatively safer (multiball is still a factor).  He might also have regeneration.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: January 05, 2014, 01:43:56 pm »

bumping my pps reread and joth partial reread.  I'll try to do the second part of the joth reread soon.

pps

jotheonah

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: January 05, 2014, 01:56:22 pm »

I don't like Jimmmmmm's case on Walrus. He hasn't even responded to the suspicion on pps. Walrus I think should definitely be left alive today.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: January 05, 2014, 02:10:11 pm »

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: January 05, 2014, 02:40:08 pm »

I agree about Jimmmmm's Walrus post.  I asked for a reread, he came back with case.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: January 05, 2014, 03:15:00 pm »

Can someone please do a summary of 2.7?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: January 05, 2014, 03:16:33 pm »

I agree about Jimmmmm's Walrus post.  I asked for a reread, he came back with case.

No offense, but regardless of merit, "reread" and "case" often go hand-in-hand.  I see no issue with that in particular.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: January 05, 2014, 03:18:07 pm »

OK, so I won't have as much time today, and I need to get a vote down. Full disclosure--I didn't do the rereads I had hoped to. Maybe I'll have a chance to look at it more in a few hours. Part of that is because I did a bunch of rereading for another mafia game yesterday and I was kind of burned out. Part of it was that I was playing Europa Universalis and leading the Mamluks to glory.

But the other part of it is that I think I now support a pps lynch above the others. I was leaning against it before, but after his convenient regeneration claim and assertion that he definitely won't die, my suspicions are again flared.

First of all, the "protect the IC" role is an easy one to fake and really grabs at you emotionally--oh no, I'd better not lynch this guy, he's protecting our dear conf!town leader! No active powers to confirm it with really, and slippery passive powers that make him hard to kill. It looks like the IC already has some protection to begin what with the regeneration, and while I could entertain the notion of regeneration and a bodyguard, regeneration and a regenerating bodyguard just seems weird to me.

We already know that we have two regenerating town roles, if you believe EFHW and me. That's kind of a lot already I think--it seems like a pretty good powder and I wouldn't expect a whole lot more people to have it. But it only makes sense I think that there would be at least one regenerating, time-traveling scum/SK/whatever out there who would serve as a worthy nemesis and counterpart for EFHW and me. I'm thinking pps could be that guy. I just don't like the way he reacted to the news that he will have been vigged, and the tone/pacing of his claim in general.

So that's a vote: pingpongsam from me. A little weird to vig someone and then lynch them, maybe, but I think it's the right call.

I would definitely still like to look at xeiron, Jimmmmm, e, faust, yuma et al. later though. I will be around sporadically throughout today and then at least to check in before deadline.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: January 05, 2014, 03:42:04 pm »

No offense, but regardless of merit, "reread" and "case" often go hand-in-hand.  I see no issue with that in particular.

That's why I was more specific about my request re: a summary of 2.7.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: January 05, 2014, 03:43:42 pm »

Are you planning to say anything else?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: January 05, 2014, 03:44:48 pm »

That's why I was more specific about my request re: a summary of 2.7.

Got it.  Hopefully whomever does the summary doesn't get criticized for IIOA.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: January 05, 2014, 03:53:27 pm »

First of all, the "protect the IC" role is an easy one to fake and really grabs at you emotionally--oh no, I'd better not lynch this guy, he's protecting our dear conf!town leader! No active powers to confirm it with really, and slippery passive powers that make him hard to kill. It looks like the IC already has some protection to begin what with the regeneration, and while I could entertain the notion of regeneration and a bodyguard, regeneration and a regenerating bodyguard just seems weird to me.

We already know that we have two regenerating town roles, if you believe EFHW and me. That's kind of a lot already I think--it seems like a pretty good powder and I wouldn't expect a whole lot more people to have it. But it only makes sense I think that there would be at least one regenerating, time-traveling scum/SK/whatever out there who would serve as a worthy nemesis and counterpart for EFHW and me. I'm thinking pps could be that guy. I just don't like the way he reacted to the news that he will have been vigged, and the tone/pacing of his claim in general.

You're like a broken record with this. I never claimed to protect EFHW. That assumption came from others. In fact, I opened up by claiming no clue who I protect and i maintain that now. But, hey, you just admitted you're not really playing the game just taking the lazy way out and following the wagon.

And then, the piece about me assertively stating my regen would prevent your vig... well, jesus, dude, what do you think that means, huh? Oh, yeah the very thing that I said, which is, if you want me to flip for the information then you have to lynch me. Town was toying with the idea of letting your vig flip me and take the lynch elsewhere and I, of all people, noted that my regen would foil that. What scum narrative do I have to encourage my lynch over my vig that I might secretly be able to roleblock or something? Damn, you're lazy as hell, here.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: January 05, 2014, 03:59:26 pm »

Vote Count 2.10

jotheonah (1): pingpongsam
Walrus (2): ashersky, Jimmmmm
xeiron (1): yuma
pingpongsam (3): jotheonah, faust, Walrus

Not voting (4): EFHW, nkirbit, xeiron, 2.71828.....

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

D2 ends on Monday, January 6 at noon forum time

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: January 05, 2014, 04:00:56 pm »

Here's a real scum narrative for me to take:

Oh, look walrus could be painted as scum, there's already heaps of suspicion on him
I know let's craft a fake-claim and let's make one that conclusively paints walrus as the bad guy
i mean, why not, should he flip town well it's RMM and maybe things got mixed up somehow, who knows...

Oh look, walrus already has me set to be vigged. Hahaha! what an idiot, I'm bullet-proof, let's make sure we play up the idea that his vig can flip me while we mislynch some other poor sap, whooo! Then, when I don't die walrus comes out looking like a liar, yeehaw easy D3 mislynch on that sucker.

Yeah, so, I didn't do any of that. Wonder why?
Oh, but don't dare look at who is taking choices between the walrus conundrum or the pps easy as pie from D1 mislynch...

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: January 05, 2014, 04:03:37 pm »

Yeah, I kind of agree with PPS there... why try and make a fake claim to implicate Walrus?  Maybe it succeeds.. but PPS looks super scummy the next day.. and for what?  He's either not on archetype's team, which means he's either a solo scum or on a scum team of at most two if we have multiball, or a SK, and it's just not worth the suspicion the next day.  Especially when there's a chance that Walrus might get lynched anyway without his claim.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 21 queries.