Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157383 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #950 on: January 03, 2014, 10:13:51 pm »

Vote Count 2.EFHW

jotheonah (1): pingpongsam
Walrus (2): ashersky, xeiron
ashersky (1): jotheonah
yuma (1): faust
xeiron (3): 2.71828....., yuma, nkirbit

Not voting (3): EFHW, Jimmmmm, Walrus

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: January 03, 2014, 10:15:14 pm »

EFHW, do you have any other role parameters outside of being the IC? A simple yes or no will suffice and a no comment is understandable but it would pertain to ascertaining whether you are "the doctor" or if maybe I protect someone else or multiple doctor titles/roles.

My role is specifically called the Doctor.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: January 03, 2014, 10:51:18 pm »

Oh I wanted to ask ash a question he might not want to answer... ash if you are willing to say is your enabling power passive or active. That is can it be blocked in anyway beside from you dying? Basically could someone protect you w/o having your enabling power be blocked or is it all dependent on you being alive.

I am willing to say that as long as I live, regeneration is enabled.  Doc, JK, etc. won't stop it, but would keep me alive.  Does that answer your question?

Yes thanks

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: January 03, 2014, 10:54:05 pm »

So at this point I would vote for jotheonah (probably less so than any of these others actually) Jimmmm or xeiron.

I am not saying the others are off the table, but to an extent they are... and I realize that none of these players were on the archetype wagon, but I don't really like the PPS lynch or the ash lynch and obviously don't like my lynch so there you go...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: January 04, 2014, 01:28:19 am »

Ok.

One of these bulletproof claimants has to be scum.

I mean a bunch of bulletproof townies running around is OP. I feel strongly that ash enables a mix of scum and town.

Ash himself, though, is reading townier after his claim. So unvote.

Walrus is by far the scummiest claim on the table, as I have said over and over. He would be my pick for a lynch but I don't want to interfere with night action shenanigans.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: January 04, 2014, 05:00:04 am »

Ashersky - I think you might as well claim here.  Now that pps's power is out in the open, you are a more important target regardless of what you claim. 

There is another way for there to be multiple nk's, which is for scum to go back in time and take two shots in one night.  I think we have scum with some pretty powerful PR's, since I'm getting this protection.  I also think multiball or SK are very likely.

I think we may be getting to where we would want to mass claim.  What do other people think?

I enable regeneration.  That is game flavor speak for something normally called something else.

Anyone with this power will know what I am discussing.

I can clarify if needed, and can flavor claim if wanted.

ash - is this your full claim? Regeneration Enabler?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: January 04, 2014, 05:14:52 am »

Other thoughts:

Walrus' update to his claim seems somewhat townie, I just don't see scum, especially new scum (Walrus hasn't been scum before, right? Except maybe ongoing games) to do something like that.

ashersky: When you said you could account for night kills to fail, was the sole reason for this that you knew there were regenerating roles?

The accusations against xeiron I don't find convincing. I still would like a yuma lynch. Does everyone here think that all scum were on-wagon bussing their partner D1? Because if not, yuma is by POE the off-wagon scum (I guess it could be ashersky, but for that ash would need to be scum enabling town).

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: January 04, 2014, 05:21:31 am »

Okay well I'm kind of caught up on Today's posts. I'm extremely confused, but I'll say what thoughts I do have.

nkirbit's thoughts on Walrus read Towny to me. Unlike others, he analysed actual in-thread evidence rather than trying to guess scum kills and other night actions. What we know on that is pretty simple - sudgy targeted Walrus and died. No one else died. Scum could have killed sudgy, or they could have killed on a different Night. This casts suspicion on Walrus, but in-thread interactions should also be considered.

Not sure what to make of joth vs yuma. I don't understand pps's claim, although I'm pretty sure "the Doctor" or "the doctor" means EFHW.

e read scummy to me, although I can't remember why. Will have to revisit that.
You are missing part of the evidence. What we know:
-Sudgy targeted Walrus and died.
-Scum targeted EFHW, who was protected by pingpongsam. (According to pingpongsam)
-No one else died.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: January 04, 2014, 05:33:24 am »

In fact, shit, it looks like my entire role is enabled! One of these days I'll learn how to read. I thought it seemed a little too good to be true.

Idk if ash enables the whole thing or just the regeneration part. But there you go.

"It looks like"? Have you asked for mod confirmation? Have you known about your enabled-ness at the start of the game?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: January 04, 2014, 05:50:41 am »

-Scum targeted EFHW, who was protected by pingpongsam. (According to pingpongsam)

Hmm, if that's true and we believe there's only one scum faction, that's pretty damning.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: January 04, 2014, 06:27:50 am »

So everything is all together I will continue where I left off.

The reason that I voted xeiron:

I do not like the stances he has held (which I think are scummy) and the plans he has made for PRs (which I think are scummy).

Early D1 vote on Archetype.  First wagons never succeed, and usually end with more town cred to the person surviving them.  Xeiron was the first "real" vote on Archetype, building a (self-proclaimed) weak case against him. 
Good point. not much to say about that.
Comes up with the plan for sudgy to use. (which sudgy adopted)

Then comes up with all sorts of plans for how to occupy other PRs with sudgy.
Sudgy asked for advice on how to use his role, I came up with a plan That i think is the best use of his role.
Those others are not plans, they are exaples on how other powerroles could make us trust Sudgys result. I am not saying The roles should be used in this way.

Has an interesting post about how sudgy will probably die at night early, or if he doesn't we should lynch him.
If he has neither target scum or been nightkilled by then he is probably scum.
Basically this reads to me that he is telling Sudgy that his role must be used as a cop or we will lynch him.  (directing how PRs "should" be used)

Votes Ashersky, then votes Walrus when the wagon is really starting to get legs (L-3 vote), then switches back to Ashersky after Walrus gets to L-1.  He then switches back to Walrus after people start leaving Walrus for Archetype.  Then hammers Archetype when it becomes inevitable.  These are all back to back to back posts for him too.  He couldn't make up his mind whether he wanted to lynch town!ash or town!walrus then finally derp?hammers scum!arch.  If Ash or Walrus flip scum, then I think that clears xeiron, but right now his end of D1 voting is not extremely towny.  In fact, xeiron himself kind of calls it scummy. 
Yuma for trying to avoid a lynch at all.

why is this scummy?

It is scummy, because in a situation where we are close to deadline, and blitzvoting to reach a lynch, and one of the feasable lynch canditates is scum (Archetype), other scum members would try to avoid having their teammate lynched. Either by pushing another wagon, or by just trying to avoid any lynch as you did.
Xeiron did not even consider Archetype until the hammer

I voted Asherskyas my top scumread. Then Walrus, when we needed a lynch. Then Ashersky when EFHW wanted an alternative wagon. Then Walrus when it became clear that an Ashersky wagon was not going anywhere. Then Archetype because I think any lynch os better than no lynch.

I agree that my position last on the archetype wagon is scummy, just as I think Jotheonahs position is.

Xeiron has plans for Walrus to confirm Walrus/Joth as town or scum
As I pointed out. the reason for posting this plan, was that it would require both walrus and Jotheonah to live today. If the plan was not worth going for both Joth and Walrus, would go on my lynch list.

Has a reads post where he accuses Joth of being scum for doing exactly what he himself did.
Scummy D1 for trying hard to lynch someone else than Archetype. On wagon at the last minute, when there was no other real lynch alternatives.

Jumps back onto Walrus after some claims.
Because I do think pingpongsams result is pretty damning for Walrus.

So conclusion:  He hasn't done anything to stand out as scummy.  He hasn't done anything to stand out as towny.  Most of the claims we have had I don't want to lynch right now.  Ash could very well be scum enabling town, but as far as claims go, I like the ones he enables so we could always lynch Ash later, but not today.  Not a fan of Walrus, PPS, or Joth lynches.  Right now xeiron is my favorite lynch.  He has done just enough to avoid a lot of scrutiny, but I think that under scrutiny he is scum

PPE:3

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: January 04, 2014, 06:43:21 am »

Ashersky - I think you might as well claim here.  Now that pps's power is out in the open, you are a more important target regardless of what you claim. 

There is another way for there to be multiple nk's, which is for scum to go back in time and take two shots in one night.  I think we have scum with some pretty powerful PR's, since I'm getting this protection.  I also think multiball or SK are very likely.

I think we may be getting to where we would want to mass claim.  What do other people think?

I enable regeneration.  That is game flavor speak for something normally called something else.

Anyone with this power will know what I am discussing.

I can clarify if needed, and can flavor claim if wanted.

ash - is this your full claim? Regeneration Enabler?

I decline to answer this specific question.

Other thoughts:

Walrus' update to his claim seems somewhat townie, I just don't see scum, especially new scum (Walrus hasn't been scum before, right? Except maybe ongoing games) to do something like that.

ashersky: When you said you could account for night kills to fail, was the sole reason for this that you knew there were regenerating roles?

The accusations against xeiron I don't find convincing. I still would like a yuma lynch. Does everyone here think that all scum were on-wagon bussing their partner D1? Because if not, yuma is by POE the off-wagon scum (I guess it could be ashersky, but for that ash would need to be scum enabling town).

Yes, I believe that missing NKs, if there are any, can be explained by regeneration.

I believe this was Volt's thematic way around having the doctor problem described in his example.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: January 04, 2014, 07:00:46 am »

The Day end directly after the weekend, right? I think we should get a wagon moving.

This is my lynch pool:

Lynch!: yuma, jotheonah
Would lynch: e, Jimmmmm
Might lynch: xeiron, Walrus
Won't lynch: pingpongsam, nkirbit, EFHW, ashersky, faust

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: January 04, 2014, 08:44:06 am »

quick thoughts before I head to work for the day.

still like the xeiron lynch, but am also warming up to considering faust. This isn't OMGUS, but rather OMGUR which stands for "OMG you are" doing exactly what I would expect scum to do. This is how I feel about xeiron as well. Specifically I think going into night1 losing a member of the team they had to regroup quick and needed (like desperately needed) a mislynch today. I think perhaps they settled on Walrus and me as the obvious mislynch candidates and have been pushing it since the start of the day. So it isn't OMGUS, it is me seeing exactly what I would expect scum to do given my alignment (which I know to be town, but you guys don't). Hence my suspicion on joth, faust and xeiron.

I think scum remains (maybe not exclusively, but certainy there) in the players that haven't yet claimed... so 2.7, jimmmm, faust, xeiron and others (myself included here). Look back at modern community as an example. In the last few days who were the players that hadn't claimed? Three scum and like 1 townie... In closed games like these scum want to claim last because if they claim something that another player has they can get counter claimed, so the later they claim the better. Of course they are going to use "pro-town" excuses to not claim and everyone will give them uber amounts of towncred because generally speaking, not claiming is the correct move for town... but again I disagree with this current setup. So that is another point against faust, xeiron, etc...

To speak about the points against me, well I have already responded to them. Basically I think it boils down to people thinking it suspicious that I suggested a no-lynch when we came close to day and when archetype was a viable lynch candidate. Initially people thought that because walrus was the other option it must be a walrus-archetype-yuma scum team. Sure. Ok. Except that the obvious move there would have been to vote for xeiron and put all of them at 4 votes. However this has been refuted by a clever technique called "praise." Basically faust and others have said "yeah, but this yuma we are talking about..." and left it at that. How does that have any significance? You can do that to anyone. Everyone here is capable of doing weird stuff as we have seen in this game and others. I am no more capable of doing something bat crazy than the rest of you. So if this is your whole argument, it is worthless. If you have anything else to add to it, let me know. But really I think it is a scummy technique used to manipulate people into thinking that I and only I would be capable of doing something crazy like that and so must be scum, when really, anyone at anytime is perfectly capable of being crazy.

And again I am ready to claim at any timea nd think we should head down that road. I would encourage putting xeiron and maybe faust at the top of that list, but I would be willing to claim whenever in that list that EFHW dictates.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: January 04, 2014, 09:16:56 am »

You posit that in this setup claiming is elucidating and that hesitancy to claim may be a scumtell because the later claimants could adapt their claims to fit those already made public knowledge.

Then you suggest that the others claim ahead of you.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: January 04, 2014, 09:19:46 am »

And again I am ready to claim at any timea nd think we should head down that road. I would encourage putting xeiron and maybe faust at the top of that list, but I would be willing to claim whenever in that list that EFHW dictates.

I agree with Yuma's whole post there, and specifically this last bit about claiming.  I will claim as EFHW dictates, as I mentioned previously.

PPE:  I read that as Yuma just waiting for the IC to give the green light, not as a "I want everyone else to claim first"
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: January 04, 2014, 09:24:41 am »

I will claim at EFHW's request.

Also, will get those re-reads done as per EFHW's request.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: January 04, 2014, 09:30:24 am »

quick thoughts before I head to work for the day.

still like the xeiron lynch, but am also warming up to considering faust. This isn't OMGUS, but rather OMGUR which stands for "OMG you are" doing exactly what I would expect scum to do. This is how I feel about xeiron as well. Specifically I think going into night1 losing a member of the team they had to regroup quick and needed (like desperately needed) a mislynch today. I think perhaps they settled on Walrus and me as the obvious mislynch candidates and have been pushing it since the start of the day. So it isn't OMGUS, it is me seeing exactly what I would expect scum to do given my alignment (which I know to be town, but you guys don't). Hence my suspicion on joth, faust and xeiron.

I have not pushed Walrus. I have not pushed you since the start of the Day. Really, your case is based on lies. And what's more, is pushing for a lynch scummy now? I guess you would rather no-lynch again, right?

Quote from: yuma
I think scum remains (maybe not exclusively, but certainy there) in the players that haven't yet claimed... so 2.7, jimmmm, faust, xeiron and others (myself included here). Look back at modern community as an example. In the last few days who were the players that hadn't claimed? Three scum and like 1 townie... In closed games like these scum want to claim last because if they claim something that another player has they can get counter claimed, so the later they claim the better. Of course they are going to use "pro-town" excuses to not claim and everyone will give them uber amounts of towncred because generally speaking, not claiming is the correct move for town... but again I disagree with this current setup. So that is another point against faust, xeiron, etc...

So it's suspicious now not to have claimed? You know who the players that claimed are? Exactly those who have come under suspicion so far (and ashersky). Scum will claim when under suspicion, even more likely so than town. Now you're arguing that those who have claimed deserve town points, that's just false logic - they wouldn't have claimed if they hadn't seen the need to. Ashersky is really the only one who claimed without being suspected (and sudgy/chairs, but well, they're "dead" anyway).

Quote from: yuma
To speak about the points against me, well I have already responded to them. Basically I think it boils down to people thinking it suspicious that I suggested a no-lynch when we came close to day and when archetype was a viable lynch candidate. Initially people thought that because walrus was the other option it must be a walrus-archetype-yuma scum team. Sure. Ok. Except that the obvious move there would have been to vote for xeiron and put all of them at 4 votes. However this has been refuted by a clever technique called "praise." Basically faust and others have said "yeah, but this yuma we are talking about..." and left it at that. How does that have any significance? You can do that to anyone. Everyone here is capable of doing weird stuff as we have seen in this game and others. I am no more capable of doing something bat crazy than the rest of you. So if this is your whole argument, it is worthless. If you have anything else to add to it, let me know. But really I think it is a scummy technique used to manipulate people into thinking that I and only I would be capable of doing something crazy like that and so must be scum, when really, anyone at anytime is perfectly capable of being crazy.

What points against you mainly is POE. You advocating no-lynch is just the icing on the cake.

You did you just say about scum wanting to claim last? That aside, I am really against mass-claiming at this point. Everything else aside, we are only one weekend away from the deadline, so a proper discussion of the mass claim results won't be possible. It will only benefit town in that they get more information for their NK.

All of this post just feels so so scummy that I am more than happy with where my vote lies at the moment.

PPE: 3

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: January 04, 2014, 09:31:24 am »

For clarity, let me emphasize this again: I am against mass-claiming today.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: January 04, 2014, 09:34:32 am »

Also, I will not claim today, not even at EFHW's request.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: January 04, 2014, 12:58:51 pm »

I've hesitated to bring this up, but I think I should.  I have my own regeneration power.  This makes me think that pps's claim may not be true, since the combination would make me virtually unkillable.  The fact that he got a lot of the details right, though, means he definitely has knowledge of the regeneration power.  If we have a vig (Walrus), SK or a second scum team, then scum of any kind could be given the regeneration power, I suppose.  I'm not voting now and I don't want any sheeping!  I do want to hear reactions.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: January 04, 2014, 01:30:09 pm »

well, I believe the IC.  I tend to not trust PPS as much, especially since the only thing that was really stopping me from voting him was his claim.  EFHW, is your regenerative power similar to what PPS described that he (allegedly) has for you where you get it back every night?  Or is it more of a one-shot bulletproof? 

Also, if Ash enables everyone with regeneration, I could easily see him being scum enabling a bunch of town PRs.  But if that is the case I don't really want to lynch Ash yet.  Maybe like D4 or something.

This also makes PPS look a lot like scum trying to get a walrus mislynch.  I will quote xeiron quoting PPS because xeiron really brought this to my attention the best
Okay, now I am practically certain Jotheonah is scum.

What I know is that I am a one-shot regenerating protector. And I specifically protect the doctor. What this means is that should a kill attempt be made on the doctor at night I catch the first bullet and live. Any additional attacks on the doctor will succeed in killing him not me. I am notified of the attempted kill. My power regenerates during the day so it is available on the next night. Obviously time-travel antics could mess with this royally but here is what I know for certain:

sudgy died last night. sudgy claims to have targeted walrus. sudgy died and flipped Town doctor so I should believe all of that.
someone attempted to kill sudgy (or "the doctor", I don't know the identity of "the doctor") and that attempt failed because my power prevented it.
so, either sudgy targeted scum and mafia tried to kill him or sudgy targeted Town and 2 hits were made on sudgy (implying an SK). There are some other possibilities but these two are the most likely and Jotheonah's claim of having targeted sudgy to explain away why I might have witnessed him targeting sudgy (when that wasn't the case but he thought it was before this post) suggests he made the kill attempt on sudgy.

caveat: my role description does not identify "the doctor" so I don't know if sudgy strictly qualified as "the doctor". It is possible my power applies to anyone with doctor in their role. hell, it may only apply to EFHW.

Why did Jotheonah never tell us he witnessed sudgy's target action last night? I specifically put the subtle question out there at the start of today in the context of discussion so that a claim wouldn't have to be made to explain that maybe he did what he said he did.

Although PPS somehow makes this think Joth is scum(?) the real conclusion to what PPS says is that Walrus is scum.  I could also believe regeneration/enablers for both scum and town separately.  I don't know.  But what I do know is that even if PPS is telling the truth (somewhat?) about his claim (the point that it is such a new and interesting role that he couldn't make it up comes to mind- I forget who mentioned it) I think it comes from scum now that EFHW has made his little regeneration claim.  Because that would be super OP for both of them to be town.

yeah, vote: PPS

Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: January 04, 2014, 01:31:51 pm »

I have to say that if EFHW is also regenerating, that does weaken pps' claim somewhat in my mind, although it's not out of the question. Maybe scum shot EFHW, realized it didn't stick, so now pps is trying to play it off as something he did to protect her!

It also does lend plausibility to the multiple bullets theory, for how else is scum supposed to kill regenerating targets without multiple bullets and/or time travel? I guess they could shoot through the enabler/protectors first, but still...multiple factions, bullets, etc. would definitely be appropriate I think.

faust, yes, I am definitely enabled. If you can't believe I didn't notice that from the beginning, well, neither can I.

My new feelings about ashersky have turned this game on its head for me. I was feeling a yuma lynch, but his last few posts have come off as relatively genuine to me, and a quick reskim suggests to me that maybe a xeiron or Jimmmmm lynch could be pretty good. I'll try to be more thorough than that though before I revote.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: January 04, 2014, 01:34:30 pm »

Okay well I'm kind of caught up on Today's posts. I'm extremely confused, but I'll say what thoughts I do have.

nkirbit's thoughts on Walrus read Towny to me. Unlike others, he analysed actual in-thread evidence rather than trying to guess scum kills and other night actions. What we know on that is pretty simple - sudgy targeted Walrus and died. No one else died. Scum could have killed sudgy, or they could have killed on a different Night. This casts suspicion on Walrus, but in-thread interactions should also be considered.

Not sure what to make of joth vs yuma. I don't understand pps's claim, although I'm pretty sure "the Doctor" or "the doctor" means EFHW.

e read scummy to me, although I can't remember why. Will have to revisit that.
You are missing part of the evidence. What we know:
-Sudgy targeted Walrus and died.
-No one else died.

Because this is actually a pretty cut and dry case against Walrus.  Xeiron makes really good points here, but it is based solely on PPS and his claim.  There is the sudgy targeted the doctor, but I am much more inclined to believe scum targeted sudgy, and scum are trying to get a Walrus mislynch.   (not necessarily xeiron anymore, he was just following the logic behind PPS's claim)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: January 04, 2014, 01:44:36 pm »

Vote Count 2.9

jotheonah (1): pingpongsam
Walrus (2): ashersky, xeiron
yuma (1): faust
xeiron (2): yuma, nkirbit
pingpongsam (1): 2.71828.....

Not voting (4): EFHW, Jimmmmm, jotheonah, Walrus

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

D2 ends on Monday, January 6 at noon forum time
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.