Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69  All

Author Topic: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Game Over - Town + Survivor win!)  (Read 157351 times)

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #875 on: January 03, 2014, 11:25:51 am »

Can we have a prod on Walrus as well?
It is almost three days since he was here too.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: January 03, 2014, 11:27:43 am »

If we need a today lynch so that we can try and figure out me and Walrus with night shenanigans, why not Zoidberg Jimmmmm? He's been so lurky that he is a big giant question mark for me.
Jimmmmm certainly needs to post more, but I think Yuma or Ashersky makes a better lynch.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: January 03, 2014, 11:37:10 am »

Walrus has been prodded.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: January 03, 2014, 11:45:01 am »

I feel the need to have my vote somewhere and I'd really like to have it on vote:ashersky

This is both because his scummy interactions with Archetype day 1 and that I find his claim scummy.

I disagree about yuma being a good lynch. I don't want to lynch yuma until after the Walrus question is settled, because he only makes sense to me as scum if Walrus is scum.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: January 03, 2014, 12:11:25 pm »

I feel the need to have my vote somewhere and I'd really like to have it on vote:ashersky

This is both because his scummy interactions with Archetype day 1 and that I find his claim scummy.

I disagree about yuma being a good lynch. I don't want to lynch yuma until after the Walrus question is settled, because he only makes sense to me as scum if Walrus is scum.

Dude, how long do you want to wait to lynch scum?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: January 03, 2014, 12:13:10 pm »

Vote Count 2.7

jotheonah (2): yuma, pingpongsam
Walrus (1): ashersky
ashersky (3): Walrus, xeiron, jotheonah
yuma (1): faust

Not voting (4): EFHW, Jimmmmm, nkirbit, 2.71828.....

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.

D2 ends on Monday, January 6 at noon forum time

This is the votecount now, and I think we are focussing on the right persons. I belive we should lynch among these four.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: January 03, 2014, 12:30:52 pm »

Dude, how long do you want to wait to lynch scum?

How sure are you that yuma is scum? If Walrus is town, yuma's D1 play is very very strange for scum, coming in and advocating no lynch like that.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: January 03, 2014, 12:34:33 pm »

I can only think of a very very few scenarios in which Walrus isn't scum.  I can think of more in which he is.

Why haven't you guys lynched him already?

I'd vote but, you know, tree stump.

Maybe you want to get that imagination checked out then chairs!

No need, I'm here (murmur murmur murmur, posts right after he's been called out, total scumtell murmur murmur). I've been following along, but there have been several reasons why I haven't posted:

1.) Travel fatigue/extreme intoxication and hangover
2.) Budding addiction to Europa Universalis IV. Unfortunately the Portuguese have declared bankruptcy 8 consecutive times now and I may need to start over.

Then there are some more legitimate in-game reasons as well:

3.) I was the focus of the discussion for a while, and there's only so much you can say about yourself.
4.) I wanted to give others a chance to put down their thoughts today.
5.) As I said, it's rather awkward talking about my reads right now without giving hints about whom I will have targeted in the future.

#5 is the main excuse I have for my silence. I would not find it appropriate to lurk so much otherwise.

I promise you I did not select my future target willy-nilly. I did a full-read of D1 after Arch's flip to determine what I should do. But of course it was based only on D1. It's possible I will reveal that info (at least partially) before the end of the day anyway, I've thought about it a couple times.

Here are a few of my salient thoughts from D2 though.

First of all, based on D2, I don't really support the jotheonah lynch anymore, he seems to be acting towny to me. He's been quite active and it doesn't really feel like scrambly active either--I don't think scum wants to leave "monuments to their reads". Plus it seems like the push to lynch him was going through too easily.

The claims! Well I like jo's better than pps' I think. jo's felt more genuine to me, just in the timing, nature of the claim, and so on. pps has a claim that is difficult to verify and might be perfect for scum to hide behind--don't kill me, I'm protecting the IC! And then they just shoot somebody else instead besides the IC. On the other hand, it could be legitimate, so I'm about half-and-half on pps.

I still like my vote for ashersky. I feel like town!ash would be much more out in the open here, trying to tunnel or figure out the set-up or something...this seems like just the kind of environment where he would be thriving. He should be in the center ring--but instead he's lurking off to the side. He had a couple short things to say yesterday (real life yesterday). At the beginning of D2 he made a half-hearted display at zeal by driving for my (mis)lynch, but he's backed off...at the very beginning of the game he made a show of having a plan and being his ashen self by claiming immediately, but he hasn't really developed that...idk something feels off. I maintain my vote.

The same reasoning does apply to yuma, but to a lesser extent. I feel like I expect him to be more active, but he was dropped in the game as a sub, which is a little awkward, so I give him more of a pass. Null-to-scummy on yuma right now.

My townread on xeiron is based on his interactions with confscum!Arch from D1, and a general feeling of towniness I guess. That read is a bit stale though, I'll give it a reread eventually.

There has been some speculation as to how I should use my N1 roleblock. I could roleblock jo and pseudo-clear him, but is that any better or worse than blocking anybody else? First of all, you'd have to believe me a little bit, although if I die eventually the flip will demonstrate I was telling the truth. It would be amazing if I could actually bring someone back to life, that would be helpful evidence. Second of all, I think there are other people who are more likely to have killed sudgy, whom I could partially clear at least if I'm wrong. Third of all, announcing my target leaves it possibly open for scummy time travel shenaniganry. In general I was thinking I might save my roleblocks for another night or so, on the principle that roleblockers get more powerful as the game progresses--by waiting to see who flips what, I can narrow down my retroblock pool to a couple reasonable candidates.

So that's where I'm at right now.

My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: January 03, 2014, 12:57:32 pm »

Hmmm. Here's a Q we haven't asked yet.

Is PPS's claimed power too strong to be real?

He/him

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: January 03, 2014, 01:36:43 pm »

Hmmm. Here's a Q we haven't asked yet.

Is PPS's claimed power too strong to be real?
It isn't that strong. He is basicly a doctor, with the restriction that he only can target The Doctor, and with the benefit of being noticed of successful protection. Sums up to a slightly weaker doctor in my eyes.

I didn't notice that last part of his role before now. Do I read pingpingsam correctly in that he say he know the doctor got targeted last night? I am amongst them that believe the doctor is refering to EFHW. If we know one kill was directed that way, chances are much less of Sudgy having been nightkilled.
That is bad news for Walrus.

Vote: WalrusMcFishSr

Okay, now I am practically certain Jotheonah is scum.

What I know is that I am a one-shot regenerating protector. And I specifically protect the doctor. What this means is that should a kill attempt be made on the doctor at night I catch the first bullet and live. Any additional attacks on the doctor will succeed in killing him not me. I am notified of the attempted kill. My power regenerates during the day so it is available on the next night. Obviously time-travel antics could mess with this royally but here is what I know for certain:

sudgy died last night. sudgy claims to have targeted walrus. sudgy died and flipped Town doctor so I should believe all of that.
someone attempted to kill sudgy (or "the doctor", I don't know the identity of "the doctor") and that attempt failed because my power prevented it.
so, either sudgy targeted scum and mafia tried to kill him or sudgy targeted Town and 2 hits were made on sudgy (implying an SK). There are some other possibilities but these two are the most likely and Jotheonah's claim of having targeted sudgy to explain away why I might have witnessed him targeting sudgy (when that wasn't the case but he thought it was before this post) suggests he made the kill attempt on sudgy.

caveat: my role description does not identify "the doctor" so I don't know if sudgy strictly qualified as "the doctor". It is possible my power applies to anyone with doctor in their role. hell, it may only apply to EFHW.

Why did Jotheonah never tell us he witnessed sudgy's target action last night? I specifically put the subtle question out there at the start of today in the context of discussion so that a claim wouldn't have to be made to explain that maybe he did what he said he did.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: January 03, 2014, 01:43:50 pm »

Personally I think this doctor/Doctor business is a little ridiculous. If pps is telling the truth, it only makes sense to me that he's protecting THE DOCTOR (i.e. EFHW), not some random weak generic doctor. But you're welcome to disagree.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: January 03, 2014, 01:46:54 pm »

Personally I think this doctor/Doctor business is a little ridiculous. If pps is telling the truth, it only makes sense to me that he's protecting THE DOCTOR (i.e. EFHW), not some random weak generic doctor. But you're welcome to disagree.
Exactly what I am saying.
Pingpongsam knows scum targeted EFHW. Witch means you killed Sudgy when he targeted you because you are scum.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: January 03, 2014, 02:03:55 pm »

I've dropped enough hints that I am suspicious maybe scum has me figured out and Town doesn't see it so i am going to full claim because I think ashersky's claim needs to be discussed and this information is central.

The modifier (and weakener) to my power is that it is enabled. I didn't know what that meant at all until ashersky came out and claimed up front. Now, I am not saying that this clears ashersky of being scum and I'm not sure that there isn't more than one enabler.

I think the question on my mind is whether or not ashersky claiming enabler is more or less a scum trait? By that, I mean, I am certain there is an enabler in the setup and if I assume ashersky to be the one and only which alignment makes more sense for him to be?

I have up until this point been mostly in agreement about some of the suspicions surrounding ashersky but have tried to stay away from it because my power relies upon either him or another enabler to function.

I have been collecting my thoughts on this angle since ashersky claimed early D1. I can't call it one way or the other but I am beginning to lean towards him being scum who enables town powers which would be a stronger motivation for such an early claim.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: January 03, 2014, 02:18:00 pm »

pps-ashersky scum team elaborate web of lies?

He/him

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: January 03, 2014, 02:20:01 pm »

I can only think of a very very few scenarios in which Walrus isn't scum.  I can think of more in which he is.

Why haven't you guys lynched him already?

I'd vote but, you know, tree stump.

Maybe you want to get that imagination checked out then chairs!

No need, I'm here (murmur murmur murmur, posts right after he's been called out, total scumtell murmur murmur). I've been following along, but there have been several reasons why I haven't posted:

1.) Travel fatigue/extreme intoxication and hangover
2.) Budding addiction to Europa Universalis IV. Unfortunately the Portuguese have declared bankruptcy 8 consecutive times now and I may need to start over.

Then there are some more legitimate in-game reasons as well:

3.) I was the focus of the discussion for a while, and there's only so much you can say about yourself.
4.) I wanted to give others a chance to put down their thoughts today.
5.) As I said, it's rather awkward talking about my reads right now without giving hints about whom I will have targeted in the future.

#5 is the main excuse I have for my silence. I would not find it appropriate to lurk so much otherwise.
Good that you are here now.

I promise you I did not select my future target willy-nilly. I did a full-read of D1 after Arch's flip to determine what I should do. But of course it was based only on D1. It's possible I will reveal that info (at least partially) before the end of the day anyway, I've thought about it a couple times.

Here are a few of my salient thoughts from D2 though.

First of all, based on D2, I don't really support the jotheonah lynch anymore, he seems to be acting towny to me. He's been quite active and it doesn't really feel like scrambly active either--I don't think scum wants to leave "monuments to their reads". Plus it seems like the push to lynch him was going through too easily.

The claims! Well I like jo's better than pps' I think. jo's felt more genuine to me, just in the timing, nature of the claim, and so on. pps has a claim that is difficult to verify and might be perfect for scum to hide behind--don't kill me, I'm protecting the IC! And then they just shoot somebody else instead besides the IC. On the other hand, it could be legitimate, so I'm about half-and-half on pps.
I kind of agree with you on Jotheonah. His claim came along conveniently covering everything he might need if he is scum that targeted Sudgy.
But is was a consistent claim, and entierly logical way to claim and act fitting into a town narrative. My wiew of Jotheonah is getting townier of late.

I disagree, about Pingpongsam. His claim do not feel like a fakeclaim to me, and it is more or less disproven if EFHW dies before pps. This means scum cannot afford to kill EFHW if pingpongsam is scum, An immortal IC is a pretty strong role, and one i think scum would not like having in the game.
I still like my vote for ashersky. I feel like town!ash would be much more out in the open here, trying to tunnel or figure out the set-up or something...this seems like just the kind of environment where he would be thriving. He should be in the center ring--but instead he's lurking off to the side. He had a couple short things to say yesterday (real life yesterday). At the beginning of D2 he made a half-hearted display at zeal by driving for my (mis)lynch, but he's backed off...at the very beginning of the game he made a show of having a plan and being his ashen self by claiming immediately, but he hasn't really developed that...idk something feels off. I maintain my vote.

The same reasoning does apply to yuma, but to a lesser extent. I feel like I expect him to be more active, but he was dropped in the game as a sub, which is a little awkward, so I give him more of a pass. Null-to-scummy on yuma right now.

I agree with you here.
My townread on xeiron is based on his interactions with confscum!Arch from D1, and a general feeling of towniness I guess. That read is a bit stale though, I'll give it a reread eventually.

There has been some speculation as to how I should use my N1 roleblock. I could roleblock jo and pseudo-clear him, but is that any better or worse than blocking anybody else? First of all, you'd have to believe me a little bit, although if I die eventually the flip will demonstrate I was telling the truth. It would be amazing if I could actually bring someone back to life, that would be helpful evidence. Second of all, I think there are other people who are more likely to have killed sudgy, whom I could partially clear at least if I'm wrong. Third of all, announcing my target leaves it possibly open for scummy time travel shenaniganry. In general I was thinking I might save my roleblocks for another night or so, on the principle that roleblockers get more powerful as the game progresses--by waiting to see who flips what, I can narrow down my retroblock pool to a couple reasonable candidates.

I do not see it as a way to pseudo clear Jotheonah.
I see it as a chance to prove he is scum, and you are town. If you are succsessful in bringing Sudgy back, we get two ic's (you and Sudgy) and one guily result (on Jotheonah). That would be totally gamebreaking for us. If it fails, and Sudgy remains dead, the reverse implications do not hold. We learn nothing.

This is much like tracking someone. If you track them to a nightkill, you are pretty sure they are scum, But if you don't, they are not cleared. Their scumpartner might have done the kill.

So that's where I'm at right now.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: January 03, 2014, 02:37:18 pm »

pps-ashersky scum team elaborate web of lies?

Seriously? I'm going to tie myself directly to scum partner Archetype on D1 and then tie myself directly to scum partner ashersky on D2? What should I do next self-vote just to make sure I throw this game into this toilet for my scum team?

Get real.

The enabler claim has some merit. I'm willing to bet there are more enabled roles who haven't haven't seen fit to claim as such. No way am I the only one. The alignment of this particular enabler is the suspicious part, not whether there is an enabler or whether or not it's ashersky because the early claim would be retarded for either alignment to make if they were on the enabled side of the equation.

Stop tunneling me long enough to consider whether it is a scum!ash or a town!ash enabler we are working with. I was/am leaning scum!ash but your persistence at painting me scum leans me back towards you being the main bad guy at this point.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: January 03, 2014, 02:37:59 pm »

I've dropped enough hints that I am suspicious maybe scum has me figured out and Town doesn't see it so i am going to full claim because I think ashersky's claim needs to be discussed and this information is central.

The modifier (and weakener) to my power is that it is enabled. I didn't know what that meant at all until ashersky came out and claimed up front. Now, I am not saying that this clears ashersky of being scum and I'm not sure that there isn't more than one enabler.

I think the question on my mind is whether or not ashersky claiming enabler is more or less a scum trait? By that, I mean, I am certain there is an enabler in the setup and if I assume ashersky to be the one and only which alignment makes more sense for him to be?

I have up until this point been mostly in agreement about some of the suspicions surrounding ashersky but have tried to stay away from it because my power relies upon either him or another enabler to function.

I have been collecting my thoughts on this angle since ashersky claimed early D1. I can't call it one way or the other but I am beginning to lean towards him being scum who enables town powers which would be a stronger motivation for such an early claim.

I think cross team enabeling makes sense. Meaning that Ashersky is either scum, or that Ashersky is town and enables scum, and someone esle is scum and enables you.
Given that Ashersky claims to enable town, and that I already have a scumread on Ashersky I believe the first one.

Also, Pingpongsam, can you confirm that you know that The Doctor was targeted by a nightkill?

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: January 03, 2014, 02:41:10 pm »

PPS, what is your flavor?  you have claimed your role, and while it might not be any use at all, knowing your flavor would be nice.

I have been following along but am having a hard time getting my thoughts together.  I will reread a bit this afternoon and put some thoughts and probably a vote down
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: January 03, 2014, 02:45:29 pm »

Also, Pingpongsam, can you confirm that you know that The Doctor was targeted by a nightkill?

I confirmed that my notifications only result from my power preventing "targeted kill attempts" and no other types of actions that might result in the death of the doctor.

My notification reads: "You have successfully prevented an attempt to kill the doctor".

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: January 03, 2014, 02:49:02 pm »

PPS, what is your flavor?  you have claimed your role, and while it might not be any use at all, knowing your flavor would be nice.

Well, I've already stripped to the skivvies might as well show the full monte, eh? I didn't know you could be so forward 2.71828.... good thing you're just a number or I might start to question which way I lean.

My flavor name is Romana

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: January 03, 2014, 02:50:25 pm »

Interesting, I had missed that pps claimed he knew his power activated last night, thanks for calling that to my attention. I thought he was just saying that was a possible explanation.

I guess my two best theories about that are:

1.) pps is lying.
2.) There were additional bullets N1, either from scum or otherwise.'

So I think 1 is still possible--as I said, I'm not sold on pps's claim right now. 2 is quite likely as well though--2+ bullets is practically expected I think in a game of this madnessness. I know that I can contribute extra bullets sometimes, so maybe an odd-night vig is possible, or a SK, or double scum bullets, or multiple factions...too many possibilities to count.

That was a helpful tracking analogy as well, I'll think about that.

Now with the pps enabled claim. Well I'm not sure what I think about that. I do think that scum enabling town is likely, based on the game-design standpoint that it creates something of an interesting negative feedback loop.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: January 03, 2014, 02:54:57 pm »

I just have a minute.  We should also consider that ashersky could be enabled scum, claiming enabler to try to find out who his enabler is, or, and this is more likely, assuming other people are probably enabled too and claiming enabler as protection.

Walrus are your powers enabled?

If Walrus is telling the truth, he is a key player for town, because he really has the ability to change the past/future, letting town take advantage of the time-travelling aspect of the game. 

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: January 03, 2014, 03:00:10 pm »

My powers are not enabled, so far as I know.

nkirbit

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM12: Time War Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #898 on: January 03, 2014, 03:38:00 pm »

I'm claiming now for a reason.  I'm positive, from my role description, that I enabled more than one person.  I know what power I enable.  I believe that you don't know that you are enabled.

I'm now not sure what to make of Ash's assertion that players don't know that they are enabled.  That doesn't seem to match up with PPS's info.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: January 03, 2014, 03:42:28 pm »

Nice catch, I hadn't picked up on that before. My description makes it clear the power is enabled which I didn't quite get until ashersky claimed.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 69  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 21 queries.