Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 327340 times)

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2075 on: December 14, 2015, 08:49:20 am »

It still works because the narrative earlier is the same as today, desire to drive a mislynch if you are scum and hydrad is town. The context of today doesn't really matter as much.

I think you are kinda likely to be scum. That by definition means your read is fake. If you aren't well then I disagree with it and it isn't fake. But I don't know which one that is.
Meh.  I can sorta see Teproc as scum, but for me, scum!Teproc is conditional on scum!faust.  So faust would be a better first lynch.

I need to reread Hydrad - tonight, maybe.
Also you, though, yuma.  You've gone without scrutiny since the WW and faust claims, and I don't think that's right.  You're not obv!town to me at all.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2076 on: December 14, 2015, 08:50:57 am »

It still works because the narrative earlier is the same as today, desire to drive a mislynch if you are scum and hydrad is town. The context of today doesn't really matter as much.

I think you are kinda likely to be scum. That by definition means your read is fake. If you aren't well then I disagree with it and it isn't fake. But I don't know which one that is.
Meh.  I can sorta see Teproc as scum, but for me, scum!Teproc is conditional on scum!faust.  So faust would be a better first lynch.

How is that?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: December 14, 2015, 08:52:36 am »

Also you, though, yuma.  You've gone without scrutiny since the WW and faust claims, and I don't think that's right.  You're not obv!town to me at all.

Keeping your mislynch options open? Nice....

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: December 14, 2015, 08:54:09 am »

Had not yet time to reread, but:

- mass claim not seems like a good option. Benefit of probably get better feel if both faust and WW telling truth is not enough to out town PRs

- after some though I think I believe WW claim a bit more.

So Vote: faust

I can ask you the question noone so far could answer: Why does scum!me claim what I did in this scenario? It's an awful claim to make for scum.

To buy time, out possible PR or drive mislynch

Any way, the claim gets me lynched by D3 the latest... how is that worth it?

Considering you were at L-2 and likely lynch candidate? Totally. I mean, even if we lynch you today scum|you achieved town PR outing

In that scenario. Scum faust just has to claim that he is a tracker and then have a fake absent result on someone (SS for example, or me). He doesn't have to fake a scummy result. That just isn't necessary for his survival--which is what scum wants.

If faust claimed tracker and to have tracked me or ss... I think most people would have backed off immediately.

So this argument doesnt' work and I don't understand why people are voting for faust.... He could be lying, but time will certainly tell that a lot better than what we have now.

Claiming tracking silver would be obviously scummy. Tracking you is useless as you contend your kill would be easily distinguishable by flavor, so not much to achieve, so faust would be grilled for this as well

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: December 14, 2015, 08:56:06 am »

vote: Egork

wants to lynch a claim tracker. Refuses to listen to reasons why claimed tracker is what he is.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: December 14, 2015, 08:56:31 am »

along with the earlier posts of "yuma always finds me scummy" meta manipulation stuff...

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: December 14, 2015, 08:57:42 am »

How is that?
It's as I said before.  I think the interaction between Teproc and faust throughout today has been perfect scumpartner interaction.  In every other sense I see Teproc as towny.  So if faust is scum, maybe Teproc is his partner.  But if faust is town, probably Teproc is too.

Keeping your mislynch options open? Nice....
Nailed it.

No, I don't feel the need to defend my claim that you need some looking at.

PPE. Yes, because everyone who claims anything is always telling the truth as long as they claim early enough.  Convenient position for you to take, yuma.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: December 14, 2015, 08:58:07 am »

wants to lynch a claim tracker. Refuses to listen to reasons why claimed tracker is what he is.

Any answer on the merits of what I say?

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: December 14, 2015, 09:00:04 am »

To be fair, the examples you gave of what scum!faust would have claimed, are indeednot what he would have done (tracking silver is too easy, tracking you amkes little sense because of the flavor kill thing). I agree with the general reasoning (that faust would not have claimed a guilty result), but EgorK is right to object to those specific examples.

PPE : Haddock, thinking about scumteams is not a good way to scumhunt. I know it seems like it is, but it's putting way too much trust in your reads to draw conclusions from one player's alignment to an other. Also in this case you'd probably want to lynch me first just because, you know, with faust it's a Tracker you're mislynching if you're wrong.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: December 14, 2015, 09:02:22 am »

along with the earlier posts of "yuma always finds me scummy" meta manipulation stuff...

Can you provide example to the opposite?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: December 14, 2015, 09:03:47 am »

PPE : Haddock, thinking about scumteams is not a good way to scumhunt. I know it seems like it is, but it's putting way too much trust in your reads to draw conclusions from one player's alignment to an other. Also in this case you'd probably want to lynch me first just because, you know, with faust it's a Tracker you're mislynching if you're wrong.
My point stands, though.  I'm saying I don't want to lynch you, because I find you towny.

The only mildly scummy thing I can see about you is your interaction with faust, who may or may not be scum.  Which, as you point out, is not a particularly good reason to lynch either of you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: December 14, 2015, 09:08:34 am »

Dayvig: you all

Dayvig you all!!!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: December 14, 2015, 09:08:55 am »

Any answer on the merits of what I say?

No.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: December 14, 2015, 09:09:02 am »

Can you provide example to the opposite?

No.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: December 14, 2015, 09:09:23 am »

To be fair, the examples you gave of what scum!faust would have claimed, are indeednot what he would have done (tracking silver is too easy, tracking you amkes little sense because of the flavor kill thing). I agree with the general reasoning (that faust would not have claimed a guilty result), but EgorK is right to object to those specific examples.

No.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: December 14, 2015, 09:11:23 am »

Vote: yuma

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: December 14, 2015, 09:17:48 am »

One thing I didn't really give full consideration to is that now we can ask Faust/WW for their results on future days and look for inconsistencies or possible lies. So even if one is likely to be lying, we don't have to decide that today. We can look for other scum. e and Yuma brought these points up after I pushed for us to lynch one of them yesterday. It makes sense.

Now I am flip flopping again and I just feel stupid for it. Oh well.

Vote: EgorK

PPE: Yuma looks like he's losing it... blah, I just don't know what to think of this game anymore ><
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: December 14, 2015, 09:18:03 am »

Ok, I think I recouped my frustration for a while

Vote: faust

PPE

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: December 14, 2015, 09:23:23 am »

Brecht.  Why does everyone seem so scummy this game?

I think I still like Egor and e, but I'm increasingly less sure about anything as time passes.  I'm just swinging back and forth all over the place.

I'm in the office, so real contributions will be few for a while.  I'll see if I have anything coherent to say tonight.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: December 14, 2015, 09:27:48 am »

It's because days are too long, and there's too much time for people to talk you off your soapbox/wagon/place of elevation.

For this reason, I'm not switching off WW unless I get something really good otherwise, and I highly doubt I will.  I've already missed one mislynch and don't intend to be part of another any time soon.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: December 14, 2015, 09:29:32 am »

It's because days are too long, and there's too much time for people to talk you off your soapbox/wagon/place of elevation.

Yes, God forbid we create meaningful interactions rather than quicklynching people like this is blitz...

I'll admit the difficulty of getting wagons this game has been a concern, but the length of the days is not at fault.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: December 14, 2015, 09:33:51 am »

I think the length of days is contributing to people getting distracted by many different trains of thought rather than focusing on one and really fleshing it out.  There's too much time for scum and misguided town to redirect the general thought to a safe mislynch.

I refuse to be a part of it.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: December 14, 2015, 09:36:43 am »

Alright.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: December 14, 2015, 09:37:18 am »

FWIW, this is the first time it's been this hard to get wagons going, that I can remember. This is not a result of long days, because we've had plenty of long days before on f.ds without this problem.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: December 14, 2015, 09:38:16 am »

Request Vote Count
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 20 queries.