Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 238809 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 6
« Reply #2350 on: October 23, 2017, 11:56:34 am »

Sorry! - Sat/Sun I'm at work all day. I'm off today though so I'll get to my RR reevaluation.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: October 23, 2017, 11:57:55 pm »

I got through about half of this today. I should have time to finish up tomorrow.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: October 24, 2017, 05:53:07 am »

Really though. Vote: RR

He's been scummy for the whole time. The only exonerating thing about his play was the mutual bussing with DatSwan, but that can be planned and it's not a big risk. The rest just screams scum, and Galzria has a couple of genuinely townie moments, if I lose to him at least I lost to someone who gave a really solid performance.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: October 24, 2017, 05:55:47 am »

Of course there's not really much of a point to us voting. The way I see it, the game only ends the way that Teproc determines a lynch and then we all lynch that person.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: October 24, 2017, 06:00:01 am »

Well, not if I don't convince the townies. If you (town!you that is) thinks I'm getting it wrong, you can
a) try to convince me (especially if I'm hesitating between the other two)
b) stall the game to deadline, I get killed and you get to try lynching whomever at actual lylo.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: October 24, 2017, 06:00:56 am »

I'm currently rereading, btw.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 24, 2017, 06:41:36 am »

Ok, well I'm looking at three possible scumteams. Let's start with

iguana/Space/Swan/RR

Though I'm guessing this will have non-RR related comments as well.

Bids:
Swan (4/8) => #1 => Poisoner
Space (16) => #3 => Watcher
RR (35) => #7 => "Watcher (fail)"
iguana (23) => #10 Barracks (fail)

So, let's look at RR here. Eevee got killed last night. That has to mean no Roleblocker right ? Why kill Eevee if you can roleblock him all day (and he can keep saying he gets no result as scum, so it's not like he's inherently IC-fied) over me, an actual IC ? I guess if you kill me, town no lynches and you have to kill Eevee (or whomever, but likely Eevee) anyway... and if you're scum!RR you want me alive because I don't seem likely to vote RR at lylo.

So... ok, there is a scenario in which RR is a Roleblocker and kills Eevee anyway. He could also be a Rolecop, or a have failed to go for Bomb or JK. Sure.

I still think the bid of 35 is a townie one. It never gets a much higher spot than what RR got, and I think scum really wants to aim high here.

DAY 1

#270: Space opposes e's idea of claiming the low position people (10+). Which would only have included Swan here (fakeclaiming iguana's spot). I guess Space opposes this because they think town!Space would do so as well ? I'm still not sure if that plan was good or bad, frankly. It lets scum kill among the high positions (so here something like WW (or gkrieg/Arch maybe)/me/LL/Jimmmm/e, which makes them a bit better at hitting PRs but maybe not that much as it turns out, and it can PoE them somewhat (not in this team but that's true with Galz for example, how does he survive being a likely PR and active townie so long ?)... at the same time, if we followed that claiming plan by saying we'd lynch among the high numbers, excluding candidates that gives us a D1 lynchpool of {WW?, Space, LL, RR, Jimmmm}, which is 2 out of 5 to hit mafia. I guess it makes sense for Space to oppose it if they assume it goes that way (I don't think it really would have but it was a possibility).

#294: iguana likes e's plan. Either because he doesn't see the scenario above as probably or because he just doesn't think people will agree to it anyway so there's no cost in acting as he thinks his town!self would have.

#298: Swan not a fan of the plan

#305: iguana defending RR against my vote, saying it's normal for town!RR not to vote on D1.

#310: After I present some evidence to the contrary, iguana votes RR (3).

#314: RR mentions thinking iguana is scummy but does not want to lynch him D1 because of the claim.

#322+: Exchange between iguana and RR where iguana is frustrated that RR doesn't vote. Could be partner-y, sure.

#339: Swan does not like the RR (3) wagon.

#377: RR (4) votes DatSwan (1). Unexplained. Don't know if that's a scum!RR move. Looking at his last 3 normal scum games, he never busse din 91 and 105, but he did bus twice in 92. Town won that flawlessly though. Also his busses there are less random than it'd be here. Not sure if it's super indicative.

#380: Swan votes RR (4). Not that dangerous maybe, but this is Swan's first scum game, and he knows how quickly a RR lynch can go (in M105 RR got lynched essentially because he refused to do anything before deadline which pissed town off + some PoE et voilą, took like an hour and a half to go from 0 votes to hammered). Swan's vote makes it even between RR and Eevee, with gkrieg at 3 votes right behind them. Still, this could be a move that results in RR being the default lynch. Really it almost happened that way, people just got off RR and went to IDPTG instead, but the IDPTG wagon was mostly people falling back on PoE after LL claimed JK.

I think newbie!scum voting for lurking!partner is a bit of a stretch. Voting for an active partner, sure, you know they can deal with it, but RR is a bit different I think (though he was active at that particular moment).

#394: iguana moves from RR (2), to Swan (2) before going V/LA. This possibly makes the most sense with scum!RR, though really iguana knows Swan will not get lynched on D1 because he's a Candidate. Still, if RR is town, iguana can just leave his vote there.

#401: Space criticizes iguana for that Swan vote, hah.

#406: RR insisting that Swan's vote for him is scummy, which starts a bit of a back-and-forth between them. That one does not read partner-y at all. I really get a town!RR vibe of this whole thing... does scum!RR stay and argue with his scum partner Swan ? I don't think that's really his style: when he bussed in M91 he didn't really talk to his partners while doing it, and I generally think scum!RR would be scared of slipping in that situation (talking to partners is always tough) and would simply disengage. It's not like scum!RR feels an obligation to post here, his wagon has died down quite a bit at this point.

#444: Weird post where RR seems resigned to be lynched (4 people voted for him since the previous post, Galzria just unvoted because he thought RR was at 7 votes). "Losing the battle but winning the war". Now that's more like scum!RR.

#459: RR "not gonna claim because despite my wagon and stuff, I'd be shocked if I got". Eh, I give up.

#477: Swan still thinks RR (4) is scum. Argues for it somewhat. The RR wagon is fluctuating fast, so I do think this is a bit risky.

#487: Meanwhile, Space is doing their vote count thingy. Does not look like worried scum to me, which... they should be at this point right ? RR has 4 votes, Swan has 2... granted WW is the leading wagon (5), but still.

#499: Swan preparing to move off RR to WW.

Some exchanges in the #520 thereabouts between RR and WW which read pretty relaxed to me. Relaxed meaning town.
Meanwhile Space is beating the drum for a gkrieg lynch, which is more like it if RR is scum. They also mention RR getting a "townpass for the day", which faust.

#553: RR amused that people want to vote for Swan now.

#569: Space's reads are hedgy on iguana and Swan, but they read RR as "flaily town". RR doesn't like that, votes Swan (3) again. I mean if this is a scumteam, they're not afraid of interacting directly and voting for each other lots. Swan's first scum game, need I remind people. Not really buying it.

End of day has RR backing off LL and going IDPTG along with Swan, while iguana and Space push LL. Then LL claims JK, not comment from any scum until Swan says (post-hammer) that Eevee is scummy. Not sure RR was still around then.

And, that's all for now. So... RR still looks townie from D1 to me, but hey, I though Swan was super townie D1 too, so we'll see. Mostly D4 (D5 was straight bussing in this scenario IIRC).

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 2
« Reply #2357 on: October 24, 2017, 07:49:23 am »

DAY 2

#892 RR thinks LL is not a good lynch for today, unlike his scumbuddies who are pushing for it hard, particularly Swan who cites LL's survival as a key point... which kinda suggests scum was specifically trying to get LL lynched. Makes sense since he's a JK I guess, and I do think Space genuinely suspected him as SK at least. Swan investigated Galz though.

#923: Now that LL admits to his mistake on the bid, RR goes LAL on him.

#997: Again, posts RR doesn't need to make. Does scum!RR post them ? Don't really think so.

Like individually RR's posts all seem super townie to me. He's a suspect because he's there and alive, but that's it... faust, you actually think RR has been scummy, and I just don't see how that is the case. You've previously quoted posts and just said they were scummy from him, but they read super genuine to me. What does scum!RR look like to you in general ?

DAY 3

Whatever

DAY 4

This feels really hopeless.

Like this. I mean it's not hard to fake, no. Obviously. But it's pitch-perfect for town!RR, as his the whole game.

He also prepares the ground quite a bit for his failed Watcher bid, which... does he need to do that as scum ? Maybe, he is claiming late.

#1721: Swan thinks there is scum in {RR,E}. Neither of whom he should want to lynch at all here. He does also think faust is scum there, though.

#1726: RR goes faust>Swan>Galz. Reasonable, though Swan is the poisoner. RR conflating his belief of Space's claim as Watcher with them being town limits his options, but I guess I could see scum!RR painting himself in that corner.

#1733: Swan says Occam's Razor means RR is scum, though he also says faust is "quite clearly" scum.

#1743: Space hedges on RR.

So this scumteam is going for faust right ? That's the plan, clearly. faust has two townies on him, no scum is voting. Granted, they need to convince one other townie, but why isn't ANY of them voting ? They're all saying faust is scum, but no votes. Granted, O and I have said we don't want to lynch faust, but Galz has said nothing of the sort. In fact he does end up on faust later. So there was a win there for scum, but they didn't go for it. Why ? Faust, you think RR is scum so I'm interested what you think happened there.

#1826: Swan goes for Galz instead. Sure, they want the Masons to be on the mislynch, maybe that's a reason. Maybe they think a third townie will be swayed by belief of the mason claim and follow us on a Galz mislynch. I guess that makes sense.

#1903: Space votes faust. I guess they're hedging their bets on faust/Galz, sure.

#1906: Galz votes faust, which makes it three townies on town!faust + Space. So all RR and Swan need to do is hammer. Swan posts at #1912 but does not vote faust. He then says Galz is his preferred lynch but he could lynch Galz, which can read as "RR if you get here vote faust and I'll follow".
Then at #1928 RR posts and does not vote. He mentions that he's semi-V/LA and phone-posting, so maaaybe he's missing the opportunity entirely.
Then at #1944 RR votes Swan.

To recap: If RR votes faust, Swan can hammer faust for the quasi-win. Instead, he votes for the person he least wants to lynch: his poisoner scumbuddy. Again, faust, how is RR scum here ?

At #1953, the win is still on the table, Swan posts and still does not vote, despite RR being around. As it turns out RR does not post anymore after that, but Swan doesn't know that. Why not vote faust here ?

#1958: Space unvotes faust. Again: why ? The win is entirely possible still ! Why oh why does Space unvote here if that's the scumteam ?

Shortly thereafter Galz switches to Space and ok, they're kinda done now. But to me it looks like scum barely even tried to lynch town D4 in that scenario. RR even voted for the poisoner.

This scumteam does not make sense. faust, if you are town, reconsider.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 24, 2017, 07:51:18 am »

Not even rereading D5. It's just Swan and RR voting for each other, which ok, whatever, in this situation why not I guess.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 2
« Reply #2359 on: October 24, 2017, 09:19:27 am »

This scumteam does not make sense. faust, if you are town, reconsider.
You raise good points and I guess I should have done the work myself. The time just wasn't there.

Eh. I guess it's vote: Galzria then.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 24, 2017, 09:40:59 am »

So now the scumteams that are actually plausible. RR, since I'm now assuming you're town (for better or worse, unless faust somehow convinces me of the contrary), I'd appreciate if you read and responded to this.

iguana/Space/Swan/faust

Bids:
Swan (4/8) => #1 => Poisoner
Space (16) => #3 => Watcher
iguana (23) => #10 => Barracks (fail)
faust (3) => #15 => Two-Shot Redirector (fail)

Numbers make sense (3 can end up quite high, not #1 but scum!faust doesn't want to be the poisoner himself anyway, too likely to attract town PRs), I kinda think faust's claim is truthful in this scenario too. Which means no Roleblocker, which means the missing kill on N1 is either
a) gkrieg redirecting messing LL up
b) LL shooting WW
c) LL not shooting

Or not, whatever, I guess I can't trust that faust did go for redirector, it's a safe claim for scum at that point anyway with gkrieg having flipped.

Now for the reread. This will be less detailed, because
a) Even with a semi-active faust at some points, there's infinitely more content.
b) For this scumteam, scum never got under pressure in any way before D3. That doesn't make D1-2 irrelevant, but much less than in the RR scenario (and the same applies to the Galz scenario, though Galz had slightly more pressure than faust).

faust's day 1 theory talk does make me think he went for Redirector (regardless of alignment), which is slightly townie (because the absence of a Roleblocker makes some of the scenarios for N1 a little weird, as well as Eevee surviving N4). As for Poisoner, faust is the only one to correctly assess the possibility of scum fakeclaiming, but I don't think that's indicative: faust is smart regardless of alignment, and would feel fine pointing it out as scum because I don't think that changes much to what town does here re: iguana on D3.

D1 has a DatSwan vote from faust at #534, not a dangerous one though, given DatSwan's candidate status. faust moves off pretty quickly too.

Some interactions with Space re: the RR wagon, not very indicative either way.

Generally this is null-ish play from faust. The only thing against him is the lack of a strong case to push, he does suspect RR quite a bit, then ends up on IDPTG. Actually RR and faust are the source of the RR wagon, which is kinda funny, since RR was just putting LL at L-1 and faust had been pushing LL for a while. Don't see it as indicative of much though.

faust actually sides with me v Galzria during D1 (well, he sides against Galz in any case). I want to say it's scummy because town!faust and town!me tend to be at each other's throat, but well, that was early D4.

Yeah, going into D4 faust is just null to me. Maybe slightly scummy, but not by much.

Then there's the whole faust v Masons thing. The thing is: in terms of meta it's townie, but it's also very much in scum!faust's advantage to do this. Though, I guess... I was thinking the main danger was scum being able to fakeclaim Barracks, but they never had that possibility open since iguana failed to get them (I'm assuming Swan's claim is true, because it simply makes sense as a failed scum bid, and we know scum failed at least one bid). I suppose me claiming before Swan did not change much if Swan claimed truthfully anyway. So if scum!faust does this, it's for the towncred. I don't think it actually helps a Masons conspiracy theory to make us claim early, the best way to go about that is to go "well we let the Masons dictate everything and things fit well, must be that the Masons are scum".

Also faust is not the Poisoner. Making it him v whoever townie they want to lynch is not necessarily a bad plan here. It almost worked too, but more on that, well, now.

So, #1733 again, we have Swan saying faust is "quite clearly" scum but also saying the simplest explanation for poisoner is RR.

#1743: Space re:faust focuses on "he's not the poisoner".

So this is the line for the scumteam, but who are they lynching ? Given that O and I are on Galz, that's the obvious answer, but they're not pushing that yet. Not that they're pushing much, they're watching what town does first. So far, things are going well for this scumteam: town is divided on faust so that's paying off.

#1747: SpaceMcHedge reads, where they repeat faust is non-Poisoner and everyone else is in the lynchpool save for the Masons and Qvist.

#1763: faust says lynching based on bids is "completely bogus". I'll point out here that my reasoning was that lynching Lost numbers should give us 2/3 at least with a {Space, Galz, Swan} lynchpool, which turned out to be entirely correct. I'm pointing this out because yes, I'm petty and I want to to rub it in faust's face if he's town, but also because scum!faust has to be somewhat worried about this line of reasoning. It leaves Galz as the only possible mislynch if town agrees with me, which should work (and it almost did, if Galz is town), but it makes more sense for scum!faust to resist this line of reasoning than town!faust. Mostly because town!faust has no arguments against this other than "well why didn't we claim bids D1 then" which would be irrelevant even if it made a lick of sense.

#1767: To be fair, faust also calls my Galz vote lazy, which... as formulated, it really was. It was the result of discussion in the Masons QT which I didn't care to transcribe and as a result, yes, it lookesd very lazy for the situation.

#1826 Swan votes Galz. The natural mislynch target here for scum.

Unfortunately for scum, O unvotes at #1837 and says he wants to lynch Space. Which... well if this is the scumteam, this is where it goes all wrong for them. Galz follows suit immediately... if O is able to convince me (he hasn't yet), that means Galz is all of a sudden very difficult to lynch, and the whole "lynch the Lost numbers" thing is pretty bad for scum. So

#1873 faust has a lynchpool of {Space, Swan, RR}. I do think at this point scum wants to either find a way to still lynch Galz or lynch RR. People haven't taken strong stances on RR really, so you could convince town to go there.

#1884: Eevee voting RR.

#1893 Galz voting e, the unvoting. This does move him off Space, which makes the field open for scum, but all of the options look tough. RR and Galz - both with one townie sitting on - are still the leading ones I think, but the water are somewhat muddied, and non-Poisoner bussing has to look like a very viable option now.

#1903: Space votes faust. Assuming they go down, polishing interactions ? I mean, if Space is bussing it's gotta be on faust, but I'm a little surprised they're not going for Galz there.

#1906: Galz follows Space on faust. If faust is a Redirector it's kinda the same between him and Space for a bus, but if he's a Roleblocker scum would much rather get Space bussed. Regardless, faust is still a hard sell for town without the masons.

#1915: Big Swan post.
RR=> "simplest explanation" for Poisoner
e => Nah
Space/Eevee => Maybe one of them is scum, maybe none.
faust=> Hedge
Galz => Scum

Lynch preferences: Galz > faust/RR > e/Eevee/Space

Which makes sense here. Galz is the ideal scenario and the most likely mislynch, it's nice to have the door open on RR... faust is the bus of choice here possibly because scum is simply hoping that the Masons won't budge and it'll result in a lynch Galz by default. It wasn't far off either... had I convinced O to switch to Galz rather than the reverse, that works out for them.

#1917: faust votes RR, then immediately changes his mind (because of Masons not hammering) and votes Swan. Well that doesn't make a ton of sense (for scum!faust I mean). Especially since faust only posts once after that. Leaving your faust on RR is, I think, not as good as leaving it on Galz, but reasonable...

The only way I can understand it for scum!faust is that he just realized after his RR vote that they were just not getting a mislynch today, so he left his vote on Swan for ideal interactions in case he got lynched. A bold choice, not impossible though.

Also possible: a hope for no lynch. I don't think scum!faust seriously thinks that's likely though, but that's how Swan ended up playing it.

Swan continues to push Galz during this late period after myself and Qvist have voted Space. The writing's on the wall really, so I guess Swan is just covering for his no lynch hopes of e never hammering.

D5

As I said earlier (both in the Masons QT and in the thread I think), my expectations going into this day were as follows:
- we were going to lynch Swan
- if faust was scum, he was not going to bus
- if Galz was scum, he was going to bus

Both conformed to those expectations, which is a bit of a problem now.

Swan went for RR, faust never followed but defended Swan and particularly argued that RR and Swan couldn't be scum together (true) which meant Swan was town because RR was so scummy.

Don't think I need to explain how that's practical to scum in the most basic sense, but really I don't think Swan and faust had much hope going into D5. They knew Swan was most likely going down. They decided to resist it and make it RR/Swan because RR could have been Poisoner (Eevee tracking him was somewhat unfortunate for them), and figuring that it would look "too scummy to be scum" for faust to align with Swan.

Taking that day individually, makes sense. The thing that trouble me is that Swan vote late D4. That opens up a line for faust to go full bus on Swan yesterday and say "well, while you were lynching Space I was pushing the poisoner, so you know, who's townie now ?". As I said that's not what I expect scum!faust to do (I think scum!faust plays short term because he assumes survival makes him inherently scummy and the game gets tougher the longer it goes) , so I'm not surprised D5 went the way it did... but I am surprised by the Swan vote. It gives me pause.

At some point either tonight or tomorrow, I'll finish this up with Galz. That should take some time.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 24, 2017, 10:13:10 am »

Vote: Faust
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 5
« Reply #2362 on: October 24, 2017, 11:11:23 am »

Vote Count 6.3

faust (2): Galzria, RoadRunner7671
Galzria (1): faust

Not Voting (1): Teproc

With 4 alive it takes 3 to lynch. Day 6 ends Thursday, October 26 at 5:00 PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 1
« Reply #2363 on: October 24, 2017, 01:41:32 pm »

You gonna vote?
I thought about it but no.

Who did you think about voting for?
SA and Qvist crossed my mind, but there's no point.

Whyyyy
Cause if we were to lynch them, we wouldn't gain anything besides either a dead townie or dead scummy. No interactions n stuff

As Teproc noted, there isn't a whole lot from RR. This exchange D1 with Iguana is interesting though. Iguana is pushing RR to vote after it's been noted that scum!RR has a tendency to hold back, whereas town!RR votes freely. Now, the resulting meta arguments and WIFOM brought forth are null - but if these two are partners this interaction seems reasonable. Iguana loves to bus (see: M100 where he went hard for me at the end of D1 and early D2 until the mcmc stuffs came forth), and he does so with with a pre-planned vigor.

Note that at the conclusion of this, RR says he would vote Space or Qvist, and pressed as to why he responded that lynching them would end in either a "dead townie or dead scummy". Which is factually accurate. Could be scum knowledge.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 24, 2017, 02:54:25 pm »

Intent to put to L-1
Noone needs that.
I've been hammered before I got to claim too many times. The most recent time especially hurt
That's a result of not having enough time to claim. WHich, you know, happens when people delay the L-1 vote.

This interaction is one between town and scum. I find RR the townier of the two here (surprise) - am I just conf. bias'ing? I guess it's alignment neutral? I think intent to L-1 is not a bad thing, and if somebody is going to claim at L-1 it gives them the chance without fearing a derphammer. But then if you refuse to claim until an actual L-1 arises... I dunno. I just feel like faust pushing RR on this is scummy. Like, maybe there was need for an "intent to L-1" and maybe there wasn't - but was there really a need to poke RR over it in a non-productive way?

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: October 24, 2017, 03:01:37 pm »

Vote: LL
L-1
Unvote
I don't think he's scum and I don't really like self preservation.
Want to vote Idplay?
No opinion
Vote: IDPTG

This little 3-minute spurt of posts from RR is a little scummy on face value - but I believe it was noted earlier (checking)...

Last time I checked ER had a really hard time committing to any vote especially D1.
Oh yeah. Even if I do vote, I tend to unvote at really inconvenient times to prevent people from being lynched. Looking at you, Eevee.

It seems that sort of thing is a town!RR meta (we were discussing RR voting more frequently as town D1 than as scum at the time) - it's brought to you by Iguana/RR though, but I don't think it's inaccurate. I think that while I perceive that sort of switching as scummy, it may not actually be scummy for RR.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 24, 2017, 03:04:14 pm »

I think the scummiest thing for RR day 1 is that prior to being called out by WW on his meta-analysis, RR was playing a certain way (arguably, in WW's view, as scum!RR plays). After being called out, there is a shift towards a more established town!RR meta. I get RR arguing against meta's to begin with and all that - but there is definitely a perception of him shifting - a clear before and after.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 24, 2017, 03:11:07 pm »

I feel like this is just clutter and irrelevant though. It's -really- hard to go back and reread somebody you just don't think is scum, looking for scummy things. I don't think RR is scum. I don't think we're lynching RR. If RR is scum, I think that scum wins. So... I feel like I would be better off spending my time formulating my case on faust - except I've done that (maybe not as clearly as I might - I can clean it up if anybody would like?)... so I'm rereading, but I can't really get into it.

Teproc, no rush, but could you finish the reread on me? At least then I'll have something to respond to. :-/

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 24, 2017, 06:13:23 pm »

The case for Faust:
  • He's been on 0 correct lynches this game:
  • D2: He's the only remaining player not on the LL lynch. I don't think all 4 scum put themselves on that not-mafia lynch.
  • D4: Space #1855: Goes for a scum team of Iguana/e/Eevee/Faust - I don't think Space places all town in that list
  • D5: D4 scum obviously kept the lynch pool open. Bus if needed, but try to steer towards town. That failed. I think Faust/Swan decided going into D5 to push for a common target: RR.
  • D1: I believe this is scum!faust coaching scum!Swan: "You don't need a solid scum read to vote. All you need is to pretend you do."
  • D5: I don't believe scum!swan and scum!RR decided to go into D5 following Space's lynch D4 with all out counter-busses.
  • More tonight. Gotta go to work.

Mafia Record:

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 24, 2017, 06:59:58 pm »

Not today Galz, sorry.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: October 24, 2017, 07:04:48 pm »

Not today Galz, sorry.

Blah. Ok.

Deadline tomorrow though, yeah? Again, I'm open to a 24 hour extension if needed (it would kill the spectators though lol). I'm pretty much decided, but if you want it it's ok with me.

Mafia Record:

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: October 24, 2017, 07:15:59 pm »

Not today Galz, sorry.

Blah. Ok.

Deadline tomorrow though, yeah? Again, I'm open to a 24 hour extension if needed (it would kill the spectators though lol). I'm pretty much decided, but if you want it it's ok with me.

Deadline in two days. Definitely getting it done tomorrow though.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: October 24, 2017, 07:27:10 pm »

Not today Galz, sorry.

Blah. Ok.

Deadline in two days. Definitely getting it done tomorrow though.

You're right. I was thinking of when we lynched (last Wednesday), not when we restarted.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: October 24, 2017, 08:50:55 pm »

The case for Faust:
  • D2: He's the only remaining player not on the LL lynch. I don't think all 4 scum put themselves on that not-mafia lynch.
  • D4: Space #1855: Goes for a scum team of Iguana/e/Eevee/Faust - I don't think Space places all town in that list
  • D5: D4 scum obviously kept the lynch pool open. Bus if needed, but try to steer towards town. That failed. I think Faust/Swan decided going into D5 to push for a common target: RR.
  • D1: I believe this is scum!faust coaching scum!Swan: "You don't need a solid scum read to vote. All you need is to pretend you do."
  • D5: I don't believe scum!swan and scum!RR decided to go into D5 following Space's lynch D4 with all out counter-busses.
  • Town!Faust questions everything and everyone, obtaining his reads from said questioning. This Faust is non-existant this game.
  • D1: At #380, Iguana was on RR with Datswan - RR only had 4 votes though, so was no real threat to lynch. By #440, RR had spiked to 6 votes, and while Iguana was no longer on him, DatSwan still was - as now, was Faust. This FEELS more like a town lynch potential than a D1 bus potential.
  • More tonight. Gotta go to work.

Bolded new stuffs.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: October 25, 2017, 12:14:54 am »

The case for Faust:
  • Town!Faust questions everything and everyone, obtaining his reads from said questioning. This Faust is non-existant this game.
  • D1: At #380, Iguana was on RR with Datswan - RR only had 4 votes though, so was no real threat to lynch. By #440, RR had spiked to 6 votes, and while Iguana was no longer on him, DatSwan still was - as now, was Faust. This FEELS more like a town lynch potential than a D1 bus potential.
  • D5: In post #2153 (faust's reread of Space), he finds Space breadcrumb'ing watching him N1 - something none of us caught and Space never pointed to. In public. It's possible town!faust just happened to stumble on that - it's also possible scum!Space told the team that they had breadcrumbed it D1, and faust knew where to look.
  • Possible scum slip in faust's #2183 (reread on me), where he suggests knowledge that Eevee is town (I called this out in #2188)
  • The following was posted -before- town knew what slots were in the Barracks (e's claim), but scum did - It suggests knowledge of what was in the Barracks:
    I mean, 15th is a position where you go for barracks or something you think no one wants. Not for redirector/summon mother slot
    I didn't think I'd get anything, and having information on whether Mother/Redirect is in the game seemed like a good thing to have, better even than a random weak PR.
  • As a follow up, Town!Faust definitely thought Barracks was a good slot to bid for, so why didn't he go for it?:
    What are your thoughts on DatSwan going for Barracks and claiming to fail?
    I have my doubts anyone with a single digit position would go for it.
    Why is that? I made a power ranking of the slots in the first run and had Barracks at position 6. It's pretty strong.

Bolded new stuffs. That's the majority of what I have, I think. The rest is full of WIFOM interactions that could be done from a town or scum perspective.

Mafia Record:

Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 16 queries.