Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 101  All

Author Topic: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- GAME OVER  (Read 238842 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 5
« Reply #2175 on: October 16, 2017, 10:08:08 pm »

Vote Count 5.2
DatSwan (1): RoadRunner7671
RoadRunner7671 (1): DatSwan

Not Voting (5): Galzria, faust, O, Eevee, Teproc

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch. Day 5 ends on October 19th at 4 PM.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: October 16, 2017, 10:09:22 pm »

2. Galzria
4. 2.71828.....
9. Datswan
13. faust

This is the pool for me, based on PoE. Three of them are mafia, one of them is not. So our chances are pretty good.
So here I thought there were three scum, which there were.

If Teproc and O are scum then scum wins and that'll be that IMO.
I’m pretty sure I thought there were 2 scum here.

Wait that’s it. So maybe I did think there were 3 scum. I know I thought there was 1 scum left right after we lynched space though, but I guess there’s no way for me to prove that.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #2177 on: October 16, 2017, 10:28:15 pm »

Vote Count 4.7

faust (1): 2.71828
Galzria (2): DatSwan, SpaceAnemone
SpaceAnemone (5): O, Teproc, Galzria, Qvist, Eevee
DatSwan (2): faust, RoadRuner7671

Not Voting (0):

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch. Day 4 ends on October 10 at 4:00 PM.

@Datswan What were the circumstances at this point in VC that made you think Space was town. More specifically, who was scum?

First things first - I would like to mention that while this is only the second time I have played a Mafia game on this forum, when I used to play elsewhere (a looooong time ago) I was notoriously targeted for making snap decisiouns at the end of the day. I have since been extremely cautious, maybe overly cautious as it would seem, in these scenarios. So...

FIRST - I clearly had clearly stated my thoughts on Skum!Galz at this point in the game. Simply based on that, I assumed either;
1) Galz is bussing
2) Galz is pushing a town lynch

- If Galz is bussing then most likely there is only one Skum on Space at this point (I would imagine the other would dial off when they are put at L-1). This is also a huge reason into my re-reading of Galz, as obviously I would expect him to also dial off as Skum some of the time in this situation (the exception of course being if he was poisoner). 
- If Galz is pushing a Town Lynch, as the game did not end on the spot, either Space was the poisoned player or the other skum is already on Space.
- The third thing, and this worked into a lot of my reasoning, was that Faust did not post during this whole bit. This leads me to believe that he was offline. As I was assuming him as a very potential skum candidate at that time, I could not rule out that there was one Skum on Space and the other was just no there to hammer.

SECONDLY - No offense intended, but at this point in the game, I was no where near 100% convinced that you and Teproc were not fake-claiming.

THIRD -
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: October 16, 2017, 10:28:56 pm »

whoops, tab post on accident. rest is coming...
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 108: LOST Mafia by Robz and Mcmc -- Day 4
« Reply #2179 on: October 16, 2017, 10:34:05 pm »

Vote Count 4.7

Not Voting (0):

@Datswan What were the circumstances at this point in VC that made you think Space was town. More specifically, who was scum?

First things first - I would like to mention that while this is only the second time I have played a Mafia game on this forum, when I used to play elsewhere (a looooong time ago) I was notoriously targeted for making snap decisiouns at the end of the day. I have since been extremely cautious, maybe overly cautious as it would seem, in these scenarios. So...

FIRST - I clearly had clearly stated my thoughts on Skum!Galz at this point in the game. Simply based on that, I assumed either;
1) Galz is bussing
2) Galz is pushing a town lynch

- If Galz is bussing then most likely there is only one Skum on Space at this point (I would imagine the other would dial off when they are put at L-1). This is also a huge reason into my re-reading of Galz, as obviously I would expect him to also dial off as Skum some of the time in this situation (the exception of course being if he was poisoner). 
- If Galz is pushing a Town Lynch, as the game did not end on the spot, either Space was the poisoned player or the other skum is already on Space.
- The third thing, and this worked into a lot of my reasoning, was that Faust did not post during this whole bit. This leads me to believe that he was offline. As I was assuming him as a very potential skum candidate at that time, I could not rule out that there was one Skum on Space and the other was just no there to hammer.

SECONDLY - No offense intended, but at this point in the game, I was no where near 100% convinced that you and Teproc were not fake-claiming.

THIRD -

THIRD- At this point in time, while it was far fetched, Eevee/Qivst was a potential option, and if they wanted to get rid of one person it would be the one that could screw up their claims.

FOURTH -  As of this point in time... looking back at it not at the last minute and all..  I do see that the hammer was probably pretty likely given the situation, and I do understand why that makes me look bad. I did not calculate that worth to it's full potential in the middle of everything.

real good. That’s how

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: October 17, 2017, 01:35:54 am »

@ Faust who are your preferred lynch candidates today?
[/quote
I've posted where I'm at right now: RR>Galzria>DatSwan>Eevee, but this is pending more rereads.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: October 17, 2017, 01:42:43 am »

Same question also applies to @Faust.
I think you mean this question:
Vote Count 4.7

Not Voting (0):

I did not think Space was town. I thought Space was not a Poisoner, and I felt pretty good about lynching DatSwan. Also I wasn't really around after that... not sure I would have switched to Space otherwise other than to insure a lynch.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: October 17, 2017, 01:47:12 am »

FWIW, I don't think prioritizing the Poisoner over not Poisoner is all that relevant here. Yeah, it'd be nice to lynch the Poisoner, but we should lynch the person most likely to be scum overall. There's too much WIFOM involved in guessing who the Poisoner is I think.
There's WIFOM involved in guessing who scum is. I don't specifically hunt for the Poisoner, but it is pretty safe to assume that scum would have acted differently towards a Poisoner partner than towards their other partner, and I cannot neglect this in a reread.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: October 17, 2017, 08:26:20 am »

Alright, Galzria reread. This will probably be massive. Apologies in advance.

Cause I like being a part of things.

Because it makes you look Towny?

Not my job to look townie
I find this odd. Like, yes of course it is your job to look townie. I think denying that is more likely a scum thing to do, but maybe we just disagree on game theory again.

There is arguing for using Poisoner early. Well, not directly, but you know, someone laying the groundwork for someone else to be able to claim having shot. That definitely helps scum.

Vote: DatSwan

Because you gave so very much reason yourself. Obviously he should've deduced your great and phenomenal reasoning from such a detailed post.
Defending DatSwan againt RR. Interesting. Makes DatSwan a more likely partner than RR I think. Then continues to vote RR.

RR (7): Iguana, Qvist, Swan, Galz, Faust, Arche, Eevee

That would be L-2. unvote for now. Got time. Wanna think.
Scummy.

The Gkrieg wagon is bad and you should feel bad.
This isn't convincing from you

Neither is any case on Gkrieg. He used too many exclamations? Oh no!
Just imagine for a second that gkreig is mafia and we successfully lynch him because he used too many explanation points.

Just imagine for a second that Gkrieg is town and we unfortunately mislynch him because he used too many exclamation points.
This goes on for a couple posts. It's gross misrepresentation.

Eh, sure, why not?

vote: idptg

Lynch order preference:

Eevee -> WW-> IDPTG -> 2.7 -> Most everybody else.
Notably, this is everyone Galzria voted for up to this point minus RR. Why no RR? Also everyone on here is town.

I'm here. Seems IDPTG is a useless place to have my vote. Back to vote: WW.

Will do: Eevee, WW, LL, Qvist, IDPTG, e, RR
Don't see myself anywhere else today.
Why did you vote LaLight over RR?

Because we've recently lynched scum RR in previous games, and we often mislynch town RR in previous games. RR's blown up response is much more in line with the town games than his scum game.
Galzria chooses to put LaLight to L-2 over RR.

Most of Galzria's D2 focuses on LaLight, which is understandable as either alignment given his bid knowledge.

Then, Galzria argues against the Poisoner shooting N1 = scum. I don't think that is a move to protect iguana - after all, scum would know at that point that they Poisoned the IC, which would be a hard pill to swallow. So town points there.

Oh, the claim. Scum perspective for a second here. If Glazria is mafia, then  they know something is up with LaLight, right? I mean they probably blocked him, and there's no NK. Galzria may be certain enough that LaLight is the SK that he decided the town points from his claim are worth having because the SK won't get to shoot again anyway.

Jimmm, who did you poison N2?
That mess-up might just be a townslip. I suppose Galzria could have mixed up iguana and Jimmmmm, but it is less likely. I don't think it was intentional.

Not much D3.

I don't think the LyLo thing D4 is alignment-indicative.

Also, I want to take a moment to applaud the Mafia team here. That play with iguana is 100% pre-meditated N0. No other way that runs so smoothly right out of the gates D1. Even if we had massclaimed we would have nothing to go on now except "The real Poisoner is probably a claimed Btw (And even that isn't a guarantee). So,  well executed scum.
Townie.

Then of course, claiming to have gone for Poisoner at 4 is rather scummy in my eyes.

D4 lynch priorities are Swan > RR > faust. Having me last (out of this subset) is townie again.

The question is, while we remain in LyLo until the Poisoner is lynched, the longer we survive the narrower the field gets. Is it worth the gamble to try and snag the Poisoner now, or do we go for our best guess at scum?

If it's the former, I'm voting RR/Swan (Probably Swan). If it's the latter I'm voting e.
So no Space in here. That is definitely somewhat scummy. Here RR seems more likely as a partner compared to Swan.

That post struck me as townie at the time, still does now.

And I've made my lynch choices clear: Swan, e, and Space. I've put forth my best thoughts regarding each (except Space, who I just think took scum Watcher like last game). If the other town want to get on board with them, great. I'll be happy to switch. Still won't matter with you two voting me.
This is the first time Space appears in the reads. Why not originally?

unvote. You're not scum. My voting you doesn't actually help anyone other than me vent frustration. Instead, vote: Swan. I'll live, die or lose by my conviction.
That makes Swan less likely Galzria's partner, unless Galzria is actually the Poisoner, which I find rather unlikely.

I considered Gunsmith from draft 4. But I was fairly confident I would get it based on nobody going for it last game. Ultimately I thought attempting to deny scum Poisoner was more valuable. I still feel this way, given the strength of the role for scum.
I really don't buy this.

vote: e
Galzria jumps on a scumslip argument from Space.

And that is the main things. It's up and down and sometimes I really feel like Galzria is scum, then he does something townie. I don't know at this point, but I think overall I'd move him down on my list of scummy players.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: October 17, 2017, 08:42:34 am »

"
And that is the main things. It's up and down and sometimes I really feel like Galzria is scum, then he does something townie. I don't know at this point, but I think overall I'd move him down on my list of scummy players."

This describes my rollercoaster with reading Galzria as well in this game. Faust, who do you want to lynch, do you know yet?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: October 17, 2017, 08:47:39 am »

Faust, who do you want to lynch, do you know yet?
No.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: October 17, 2017, 09:08:23 am »

And a little RR reread for relaxation.

RR and DatSwan have a weird interaction. I do think it is unlikely that both are scum.

To be fair - yes, you don't need to post a reason when you vote. I had one for Eevee but didn't post it. That's not scummy. It's the timing and the way you handled it. You intentionally did NOT vote immediately after being called out by Teproc, but did so in your first post upon returning. Like you didn't want to be obvious about it but realized he had called out an accurate scum meta for you.
Oh my gosh stoppppppppp I'm not scum
This on the other hand can easily pass as partner interaction.

This post, and the following, are super scummy. RR is putting a lot of thought into what other people think of him while at the same time trying to appear nonchalant about it. I have seen similar behaviour from scum!RR before.

Two days left and WW and I are the two main wagons? Not sure I really like that.
Vote: gkrieg
Woah there's a third option
Deflecting on another town instead of doing the self-preservation thing is very much what I expect from scum!RR.

RoadRunner (35 posts): Seems to be flaily town for D1.
I'm not flailing!
Scummy Space interaction.

I don't think he's scum and I don't really like self preservation.
And here it happens again. Scum!RR loves stalling moves.

D2 and D3 are nothings.

I'm fine with the order but I didn't realize I was towny enough to go last.
Scummy.

I'm inclined to believe both Space and Eevee.
RR supports Space. Also this is the first meaningful interaction with Eevee.

If Teproc and O are scum then scum wins and that'll be that IMO.
About the attitude I expect from town!RR.

We should follow the claim order and not have all this nonsense going on.
Any reads? Which claims do you believe and which not?
I believe you, Space and Qvist, and it's not all based on what's happened in the thread.
RR alludes to his failed Watcher bid. Which is mildly town since scum would not have a failed Watcher bid, but it's pretty sure that they staked out their fakeclaims already here.

I'm definitely feeling swan over galz here, but I think
Faust is my favorite

Right now I am feeling pretty confident in a faust/space/datswan remaining scum team
If you believe my claim (and you must since you think I'm town) why do you think Space is scum?
Scummy.

Wait there are 2 scum left?

Yes. The Poisoner and one other scum.
For all of D4 I thought there were 2 scum left wtf
This is demonstrably false.

I'll post whenever I get asked a question, but late game wagon analysis is something that I am like 0% at.

Yay! Well, why Faust? You weren't on the wagon for Space, but I also don't think you were around. Then again, neither was Faust. Swan was. He wasn't on the lynch either. So why Faust?

Which brings me back to this: You were on Swan before. Why Faust with no reason now?
I think O, Teproc,  and Eevee are town. I know I'm town. That leaves you/Datswan,Faust. The more you post, the less likely I think you are to be scum, so that leaves Datswan and Faust. I voted for Faust because he feels more likely today that Datswan.
Not surprising.

Okay. So this is all quite scummy. I would say that an RR/DatSwan team seems that least likely of RR pairings. Then there is Eevee's result, which would make RR not the Poisoner... I think then that an RR/Eevee team is more likely than RR/Galzria, since I don't know where to put the Poisoner within RR/Galzria.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: October 17, 2017, 09:08:46 am »

Eevee & DatSwan up tomorrow.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: October 17, 2017, 10:54:02 am »

Eh, sure, why not?

Lynch order preference:

...Also everyone on here is town.

Good to know.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: October 17, 2017, 12:07:13 pm »

No way
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2190 on: October 17, 2017, 12:19:17 pm »

Eh, sure, why not?

Lynch order preference:

...Also everyone on here is town.

Good to know.
That's what I get from exhausted rereading...

I guess now I have to reevaluate your Eevee read. *sigh*

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2191 on: October 17, 2017, 03:11:53 pm »

Note: Not all player have indicated a desire to extend the deadline. Namaste.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2192 on: October 17, 2017, 04:10:00 pm »

Fausty the Snowman, continued!:

Starting off on D2 here, Faust's first post is fairly townie:
It is unlikely, although not impossible, for LL to be telling the truth about his bid.

At the same time, while unlikely, I don't see why he would lie either.

This is as true now as it was yesterday.

I agree with you, but could you spell it out for me?

My bid and draft leaves an extremely limited number of possible ways to end up at "bid 16, draft 6", most of which are incredibly unlikely at best.
How unlikely?
Why? Because in a world where faust is scum, he knows that I'm town (or at least, not Mafia). It also means that he knows all the scum bids - as well as mine (I claimed my bid of 42 in the Candidates thread D1). Given that scum bid: 4/8 (and got Draft #1), 16 (and got Draft #3), and that they knew LL was probably Draft #6 (no counter claim) but did NOT bid 16 as claimed, then scum knew that for me to say LL's claim was unlikely that my bid of 42 most likely had me as Draft #4 or Draft #5. Given that knowledge (and you can believe with Space on the scum team that WAS known to scum), I don't see why scum!faust engages in a "How unlikely" conversation here.

But shortly after, faust returns with this:
I can like literally see no reason why skum would not kill at night.
I can like literally see at least one reason.

Share please?
Town Redirector? Also, Watcher. I mean this is pretty basic stuff.
Why was Redirector specified to be Town and Watcher not? I've already floated the theory that you're claiming in Iguana's spot right now based on him going for redirector and failing - scum you would know that there's a chance that there's a town redirector in the game, but also that the Watcher is scum. It's weird that you differentiated here. It's obvious we're talking about the missing SK kill here, not some generic unknown, so Redirector (Mafia or Town), or Watcher (Mafia or Town) are both reasons for an SK to possibly not shoot (although both are farfetched reasons not to shoot D1). Also, why not mention Tracker? Scum you would know Redirector/Watcher were game reasons for a potential SK not to shoot. But if Eevee is town, then scum you would NOT know that Tracker was a game reason.

This feels like partner-y talk about two players they know to not be Mafia - It's completely safe:
Okay, I really should also vote: LL before I sink back into the world of work deadlines...

I'm feeling relatively unconvinced by the argument against gkrieg, until we know whether or not we can trust the person accusing him. Surely the logical thing is to wait for LL to flip before deciding whether to lynch someone on his say-so?
Do you think LaLight is lying about his target, or his role?
This conversation is actually prolonged over the next few posts that I didn't quote - but it all reads generally the same - a conversation between known!scum and faust debating the merits of lynching one non-mafia over another non-mafia.

This is a quote from me D2, but I was tallying up the general feelings at the time regarding LaLight's potential lynch:
That said, I've compiled a small little list on the topic of LL:

For LL Lynch:
O, Galz, Space, Eevee, Datswan, RR? II?

Against LL Lynch:
Teproc, e, faust, LL, Gkrieg

Unknown:
Chairs, Qvist, Jimmm
Note that either: All 4 scum were stating willingness to vote for LL (possible), or faust is scum.

And that's about it for D2. The only thing notable about Day 3 is that faust DID post (so was somewhat active), but did NOT vote for Iguana. This is -somewhat- townie, as I don't think anybody believed for a second that Iguana wasn't going to get lynched. On the other hand, the rush to lynch was borne from a fear that scum had PotI - something scum knew was not the case. Thus it's a lot easier for scum to not share in that same innate fear that was shown by pushing the lynch so quickly.

Onto Day 4!

There's actually very little for most of the day. Faust's early stuff is all revolving around Teproc/O - and while I DO see town!faust doing this more than scum!faust, I just don't have enough experience with scum!faust to say "No way, he's not scum". He then goes VLA for two days bringing us close-ish to the deadline upon his return. That said, there are a few things that stand out:

Like the following contradictory thought when justifying his drafting choice:
I mean, 15th is a position where you go for barracks or something you think no one wants. Not for redirector/summon mother slot
I didn't think I'd get anything, and having information on whether Mother/Redirect is in the game seemed like a good thing to have, better even than a random weak PR.
What are your thoughts on DatSwan going for Barracks and claiming to fail?
I have my doubts anyone with a single digit position would go for it.
Why is that? I made a power ranking of the slots in the first run and had Barracks at position 6. It's pretty strong.

Why would this ever be an assumption? There is nothing (to my knowledge) to support this?
We should also think about the fact that scum likely has a Rolecop, and what that meas with regards to the claims.

In the quote below, there's nothing crazy noteworthy except the call for e to full claim if and who he's blocked - something that, while I believed e to be scum at the time, even I didn't want or push. If e was town (and he was), not knowing was FAR, FAR more valuable to town.

On the flip side of all of that, while I don't particularly agree with HOW he got to his potential lynch pool, I DO believe he's put 2 scum in 3 players at a time when he really didn't need to as scum:
I'm pretty sure that Eevee's not a Poisoner. The early claim does not make sense from a Poisoner!Eevee perspective. So among Space/Eevee I would definitely go for Space.

I just don't think there is any chance that the Masons get lynched at this point. They could well be scum, but there is little to do about that. The upside is that PoE is pretty strong if they are town. It may make sense to look for their most likely partner, as that is our only shot of winning if they are scum, and they are likely scum anyway if Teproc/O are town.

If I had to one single player that Teproc and O did not focus on at all, I'm landing on RR/e. I see no obvious reason why they are town. e more so because he is riding out his confirmation bias like there's no tomorrow, and that sort of conviction is not easily faked as scum.

Then there is DatSwan. I know he is posting a lot, but I cannot really recall any substance. The slot is a convenient one for scum to hide in, plus he's claimed VT. Galzria I'm suspicious of due to what role he went for... but on the other hand, scum!Galz would not be a VT I guess. And that means that Galz is less likely to be the Poisoner.

So I suppose my pool looks something like Space/DatSwan/RR.
What I -don't- like is that he was more concerned about trying to lynch the scum!poisoner over just simply lynching scum. We win if we lynch scum every day - and it's far easier to lynch {Any!Scum} than it is to lynch {Specific!Scum}.

Ultimately faust goes on to push a case on RR that is based on Tep/O being scum. Upon realizing that they could've hammered him and didn't, he dropped RR and voted DatSwan.

Now, again, let's come to the end of the day and look at a few different scenarios - It's important to note here that neither Faust nor RR were around at the deadline (and I'll come back to this in later posts because it's a big factor in my lynch preferences for today):

Scum team is Space/Faust/Eevee - RoadRunner and Faust are parked on DatSwan. They aren't around at deadline, those votes aren't moving. e also strongly prefers to lynch Datswan over Space, and is voting there for most of the runup to Space's lynch. In this scenario, Datswan must be town - Why didn't Space jump to / go for / attempt to get Datswan lynched? If he moves, and scum partner Eevee moves, town!Datswan is at 5 votes, needing just one more to lynch. As this did not happen, I do not believe this to be the scum team.

Scum team is Space/Faust/RoadRunner: Both of Space's scum partners park their vote on a town!Datswan in this situation here. e is also over on Datswan, so he's sitting at 3 votes. If Space moved over, this would put Datswan at 4 - not close enough to reasonably prevent Space's lynch without them being able to secure two from me/Eevee/Qvist (Space would've assumed there was no chance Tep/O were going to go Swan here - they had never stated any intention to do so at any point). This scum!faust scenario is possible - but I would've expected Space to be trying harder to rally up support for a Datswan lynch - something they never did.

Scum team is Space/Faust/Galzria - I don't have much to say about this as it's obviously not a thing, but if you were to consider the possability, I refer you back to the Space/Faust/Eevee scum team scenario. Why in the world would Space and I not have pushed for Datswan and the win (we would have had 5 votes there with e) over me bussing Space and Space trying to rally support for my lynch instead of theirs?

Space/Faust/Datswan - The most likely of the 4 scum teams that exist for Faust based off the end of day stuff. Even here though, the theory would be that scum!faust parked his vote on scummate!Swan prior to deadline right when the Masons were calling for the lynch of other!scummate!Space. I struggle a little bit to believe that faust wouldn't have parked his vote on town!RR or town!Galz at this point instead of scum!Swan. That aside, it makes sense here that Space wouldn't have wanted to go over to Swan. As with the Space/Faust/RR scum team, Space would've needed two additional townies to come over in order to make this lynch happen - and it wouldn've been all to get his scummate lynched. It's the only Scum!Faust that really explains Space not trying to move the lynch to Datswan though.

Blargh. So long. I'll hold off on posting my overall conclusions on lynch preferences following my rereads until all the rereads are done. I definitely have a #1 through #4 at this point though, so, yay for that.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2193 on: October 17, 2017, 04:20:38 pm »

Sorry Space - throughout most of that I stayed gender neutral, but there is one instance of my reference to you as "his". Apologies!

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2194 on: October 17, 2017, 04:22:06 pm »

Note: Not all player have indicated a desire to extend the deadline. Namaste.

Unfortunate. I'll do my best then to get everything in by deadline (and even be here for deadline for that matter).

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2195 on: October 17, 2017, 04:27:07 pm »

Share please?
Why was Redirector specified to be Town and Watcher not? I've already floated the theory that you're claiming in Iguana's spot right now based on him going for redirector and failing - scum you would know that there's a chance that there's a town redirector in the game, but also that the Watcher is scum. It's weird that you differentiated here. It's obvious we're talking about the missing SK kill here, not some generic unknown, so Redirector (Mafia or Town), or Watcher (Mafia or Town) are both reasons for an SK to possibly not shoot (although both are farfetched reasons not to shoot D1). Also, why not mention Tracker? Scum you would know Redirector/Watcher were game reasons for a potential SK not to shoot. But if Eevee is town, then scum you would NOT know that Tracker was a game reason.
That seems like grasping at straws, man. I mean, I didn't repeat "town" because it is clear from context the second time, that is a common stylistic device in many languages including English called ellipsis. I did not mention Tracker because why would I? Scum cannot avoided being caught by a Tracker by choosing a different NK; if they are caught targeting the nightkill, they'll go down no matter who it is. On the other hand they can avoid being caught by the Watcher, obviously.

Have not yet read any further, but I wanted to say this.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2196 on: October 17, 2017, 04:30:43 pm »

Share please?
That seems like grasping at straws, man. I mean, I didn't repeat "town" because it is clear from context the second time, that is a common stylistic device in many languages including English called ellipsis. I did not mention Tracker because why would I? Scum cannot avoided being caught by a Tracker by choosing a different NK; if they are caught targeting the nightkill, they'll go down no matter who it is. On the other hand they can avoid being caught by the Watcher, obviously.

Have not yet read any further, but I wanted to say this.

Sorry, maybe it wasn't clear - my contention was less on you not saying "Town Watcher", but more on you saying "Town Redirector". You're right that I wouldn't expect you to need to clarify Town/Scum when stating Watcher, but then I wouldn't think you would need to either with Redirector, yet you did.

And on the issue of Tracker, I don't see your point? The discussion was about why an SK might choose to kill at night. Redirector is a reason. Watcher is a reason. Tracker is a reason. All viable reasons for not shooting.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2197 on: October 17, 2017, 04:31:41 pm »

"...SK might choose ***not*** to kill at night..."

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2198 on: October 17, 2017, 05:33:28 pm »

Fausty the Snowman, continued!:

What I -don't- like is that he was more concerned about trying to lynch the scum!poisoner over just simply lynching scum. We win if we lynch scum every day - and it's far easier to lynch {Any!Scum} than it is to lynch {Specific!Scum}.

Ultimately faust goes on to push a case on RR that is based on Tep/O being scum. Upon realizing that they could've hammered him and didn't, he dropped RR and voted DatSwan.

Now, again, let's come to the end of the day and look at a few different scenarios - It's important to note here that neither Faust nor RR were around at the deadline (and I'll come back to this in later posts because it's a big factor in my lynch preferences for today):

Scum team is Space/Faust/Eevee - RoadRunner and Faust are parked on DatSwan. They aren't around at deadline, those votes aren't moving. e also strongly prefers to lynch Datswan over Space, and is voting there for most of the runup to Space's lynch. In this scenario, Datswan must be town - Why didn't Space jump to / go for / attempt to get Datswan lynched? If he moves, and scum partner Eevee moves, town!Datswan is at 5 votes, needing just one more to lynch. As this did not happen, I do not believe this to be the scum team.

Scum team is Space/Faust/RoadRunner: Both of Space's scum partners park their vote on a town!Datswan in this situation here. e is also over on Datswan, so he's sitting at 3 votes. If Space moved over, this would put Datswan at 4 - not close enough to reasonably prevent Space's lynch without them being able to secure two from me/Eevee/Qvist (Space would've assumed there was no chance Tep/O were going to go Swan here - they had never stated any intention to do so at any point). This scum!faust scenario is possible - but I would've expected Space to be trying harder to rally up support for a Datswan lynch - something they never did.

Scum team is Space/Faust/Galzria - I don't have much to say about this as it's obviously not a thing, but if you were to consider the possability, I refer you back to the Space/Faust/Eevee scum team scenario. Why in the world would Space and I not have pushed for Datswan and the win (we would have had 5 votes there with e) over me bussing Space and Space trying to rally support for my lynch instead of theirs?

Space/Faust/Datswan - The most likely of the 4 scum teams that exist for Faust based off the end of day stuff. Even here though, the theory would be that scum!faust parked his vote on scummate!Swan prior to deadline right when the Masons were calling for the lynch of other!scummate!Space. I struggle a little bit to believe that faust wouldn't have parked his vote on town!RR or town!Galz at this point instead of scum!Swan. That aside, it makes sense here that Space wouldn't have wanted to go over to Swan. As with the Space/Faust/RR scum team, Space would've needed two additional townies to come over in order to make this lynch happen - and it wouldn've been all to get his scummate lynched. It's the only Scum!Faust that really explains Space not trying to move the lynch to Datswan though.

Blargh. So long. I'll hold off on posting my overall conclusions on lynch preferences following my rereads until all the rereads are done. I definitely have a #1 through #4 at this point though, so, yay for that.

I don't think anyone is reading this without guessing your order of lychables :P

real good. That’s how

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #2199 on: October 17, 2017, 05:56:11 pm »

Not quite true that O and me had never stated any willingness to lynch DatSwan, btw. My lynchpool was {Galzria, Space, DatSwan} aka the Lost Numbers bids. As things turned out, I was pushing for Galz while O was pushing for Space within that group, but DatSwan was far from impossible to lynch with us I think. I think non-DatSwan-partnering!scum would have been aware of this, btw.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.
Pages: 1 ... 86 87 [88] 89 90 ... 101  All

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 16 queries.