Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70  All

Author Topic: M103: fleetwood mac (that's all for everyone)  (Read 159963 times)

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
Re: M103: fleetwood mac (day 2)
« Reply #925 on: July 12, 2017, 12:53:16 am »

Oops sorry schadd  :'(

25s are for plebs anyway
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 10:13:38 am by schadd »

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: July 12, 2017, 12:53:23 am »

yeah, ending up on faust was no good.  Thanks for reminding me.

vote: J Reggie

What's this about?

It's a carry over from my D1 case on you
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #927 on: July 12, 2017, 12:54:40 am »

What's this about?

So you voting me has nothing to do with voting faust being bad?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: July 12, 2017, 01:02:39 am »

What's this about?

So you voting me has nothing to do with voting faust being bad?

I don't know that I understand your question here. I am not voting you entirely based on flips, but that does not mean the flips have not informed my vote.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: July 12, 2017, 01:10:16 am »

Oh, ok. I had just said faust lynch was no good. Got it.

No, it was just more that I was reminded about thinking based on stuff posted D1, etc by iguana and that I wanted to lynch you today

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: July 12, 2017, 02:26:57 am »

I've been thinking about the list a lot... I'm still not quite sure what to make of it... my best explanation for it is either.

Obviously they didn't go for the expected "here are three townie people, bon appétit !", otherwise RR wouldn't be there, which leaves me with:

a) Mafia WIFOMing the WWs with RR... works regardless of his alignment really, though it does assume iguana is town. I think WWs and Mafia are going to be working together for a while, so I didn't expect RR to be killed at all... and I think he's on the list mostly for our benefit actually, possibly to frame him ? But it might also be for people to make this exact argument... essentially too much WIFOM for me to handle at this point.

b) Mafia targeting the WWs to limit their choice. Like, maybe those three were the ones they suspected to be WWs and they named them to limit the WWs choices. I need to check if anyone had those exact reads actually, but it feels everyone townread iguana... still, I think it's easier than usual for scum to be universally townread in this setup.

Actually, they might have just gone for people whose reads they feared in general, because they want those to die regardless of their alignmnent ? That's probably worth investigating.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: July 12, 2017, 02:46:20 am »

Depends what you think optimal play is there. 

I mean, two WWs and 1 VT is the best possible scenario, right?  Like, if mafia is doing this, tonight's list includes RR, Igu, someone else.  Then they see who dies again.  Eventually something happens.

But that's unlikely, so then 3 VTs is better, as there's no risk.  At that point, put the towny players in there.  You can even force WWs to kill who you want if you put the towniest player and two easy mislynches.

As for the actual list posted...there is clear agreement on igu and TWM being towny given everyone's reaction, so that's seemingly the point of the list. 

I feel like lynching outside the list is what mafia least likely wants.  They're probably outside the list.  The WWs are harder to find.

TLDR: I think we're more likely to lynch mafia if we go outside the list.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
Re: M103: fleetwood mac (Day 1)
« Reply #932 on: July 12, 2017, 03:12:53 am »

TWM :

I have unilaterally decided i am only voting for faust, Robz or jake today.

He then adds Eevee and does vote exclusively within that lynch pool, though this is worth noting.

Also it is notable that I do not have a read on 2.7 at all. That is unusual for me.

If I'm scum!e reading this, I am very, very worried, and really want to NK TWM, because killing people right before they suspect you is what scum wants.

Iguana :

Roadrunner and I will be scum together. Later someone can cite this post for their case if they want.

modited for visibility

Hah.

I feel like the lynches I want are probably not happening... Faust, e, maybe TWM or Ash. I don't like RR or Jake, don't want to vote there today anymore. Robz is okay I guess but I somehow don't believe it will go through.

He then did vote for TWM, faust, then RR.

I'm at:

Won't lynch: Iguana, 2.7, Teproc, Jake maybe

Meh: Eevee, Gkrieg, Joseph, J Reggie, Robz

Will lynch: Roadrunner, Faust, Ash, TWM

I'm sure there's a town or two in my will lynch list and gauranteed to be at least one scum in my meh list, so, you know, blarrgh.

The, he votes Robz, then faust.

RR :

band members:
1. iguana-pretty towny right now I guess.
3. 2.71828...-He's being odd. For 2.7, odd equals scummy. Would happily lynch him.
4. The_Wine_Merchant-He's been actually a little scummy to me, but it's TWM so I'll let it slide for now. Oh wait he defended me which was cool if him.
5. Joseph2302-Oddly towny. Which is scummy from Joseph.
6. Robz888-Huh. Weird. Different. Would lynch I guess.
7. Eevee-Pretty null. Would lynch I guess.
8. gkrieg13-Pretty null here too.
9. Teproc-Probably town cause he coached me.
10. J Reggie-See Joseph.
11. JaketheBaseballGod22-He's scummy, but he thinks I'm town, which is off putting. It's not really an alignment tell, it's just a different side of Jake.
12. faust-See my vote.
13. ashersky is in the game.

Voted e, Jake, faust, Robz

Which gives us Robz as the common denominator... but the more I think about this setup, the townier I think Robz is in general, so meh.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: July 12, 2017, 03:14:47 am »

Forgot this at the start of the above:

Looking at the end of the day, those three - meaning iguana, RR and TWM - were the last three to vote faust, though TWM's vote was post-hammer. Don't know if that's worth reading into.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: July 12, 2017, 03:17:17 am »

Meh, overall. As I said, I think the whole NK thing will be more revealing later in the game.

I guess I'm still on vote: e. Not so much for the stuff above, but because he feels like he's trying hard, and town!e never feels like that.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: July 12, 2017, 06:24:03 am »

I agree with most of what has been said before about the list.

II and TWM looked towny D1, so the thing to work out is RR. I'm leaning slightly towards 3 town. Scum putting one of themselves in the list is a bit risky, in case it goes wrong and they get killed.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: July 12, 2017, 07:17:36 am »

Hmm. Kind of surprised of the choices. As others have alluded to, Iguana and TWM were somewhat universally read as town, and my personal feeling of RR also being town makes it seem to me like mafia purposefully picked towny players for their list. Wouldn't mafia want to put their two WW-reads on the list? If they could keep the same guy on the list for multiple nights and they wouldn't die, I think it's a safe bet town would start to consider lynching them.

I think it's unlikely mafia put themselves on the list. FOS anyone not named!

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: July 12, 2017, 07:48:24 am »

Meh, overall. As I said, I think the whole NK thing will be more revealing later in the game.

I guess I'm still on vote: e. Not so much for the stuff above, but because he feels like he's trying hard, and town!e never feels like that.

I don't know where you get that idea from

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: July 12, 2017, 07:50:40 am »

From your posts. I know, it's not something you can respond to, and I don't expect you to.

I agree with most of what has been said before about the list.

II and TWM looked towny D1, so the thing to work out is RR. I'm leaning slightly towards 3 town. Scum putting one of themselves in the list is a bit risky, in case it goes wrong and they get killed.

Um, ok ? So you think everything's been said but that won't stop you from saying it again I guess ? Who should we lynch ?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: July 12, 2017, 08:03:51 am »

vote: eevee

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: July 12, 2017, 08:05:44 am »

From your posts. I know, it's not something you can respond to, and I don't expect you to.

Ok. Yeah, there is nothing rally I can say to that. So basically I am tryhard!scum, right? I think there is plenty of historical data to the opposite going back to my first games like toy story. Recently my activity level has been lower, but I would argue is an accessibility thing more than anything. I also play 99% from mobile, so maybe I feel different to you because of that. (My end of day yesterday was from a computer, not going to hyperlink that much from mobile - too hard)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: July 12, 2017, 09:28:43 am »

I'm conflicted between voting for e or voting for J Reggie.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: July 12, 2017, 09:31:13 am »

Actually, Vote: ashersky!! I just checked the player list, and I legitimately didn't remember he was in this game! That's so very unlike him.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: July 12, 2017, 09:32:27 am »

It's got to be a big scumtell for ash not to receive any suspicion day 1, in this setup no less.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: July 12, 2017, 09:37:00 am »

I'm conflicted between voting for e or voting for J Reggie.

As in...we are both scum or one of the two of us is scum?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: July 12, 2017, 09:37:56 am »

Actually, Vote: ashersky!! I just checked the player list, and I legitimately didn't remember he was in this game! That's so very unlike him.

While I think ashersky is definitely not the worst lynch, I think we can do better. I do think this line of thinking is townie for eevee

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: July 12, 2017, 09:41:34 am »

While I think ashersky is definitely not the worst lynch, I think we can do better. I do think this line of thinking is townie for eevee

I agree on the first two points, not so much on the third. Why is townie ? Scum is scumhunting in this game, remember ? Despite it being discussed a lot on D1, I think I forgot to account for it enough, and this is a typical example. WHy would scum!Eevee not make this statement here ?

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: July 12, 2017, 09:42:45 am »

Ditto this. This is a very abnormal ash game. And that makes me feel he's scummy.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: July 12, 2017, 09:49:59 am »

I agree on the first two points, not so much on the third. Why is townie ? Scum is scumhunting in this game, remember ? Despite it being discussed a lot on D1, I think I forgot to account for it enough, and this is a typical example. WHy would scum!Eevee not make this statement here ?

I think it is townie from eevee specifically. It feels like spontaneous!eevee which I think is more town than scum. Really there are 2 options for the post

1) eevee is scum (of some sort) looked at the player list and picked someone sort of random to lynch. I don't think scum!eevee votes for ashersky randomly on a whim

2) eevee is town and telling the truth. He genuinely doesn't remember ashersky in this game (which ash hasn't had a huge presence but also hasn't been absent) and feels like town!ash would be more involved, votes ashersky.

I think 2 outta more likely the scenario

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: July 12, 2017, 09:51:43 am »

#stolenPagetop

everyone who assumes that e is a buffoon who miscounted post numbers: you are definitely very correct
« Last Edit: July 12, 2017, 09:57:11 am by schadd »
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.