Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71  All

Author Topic: RMM 24 - Dominion: Adventures Mafia (Mafia wins!)  (Read 152588 times)

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 24 - Dominion: Adventures Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #1175 on: May 26, 2015, 05:55:31 pm »

Hi guys! If anything urgent is happening, let me know, otherwise I will start way back at day 1.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: May 26, 2015, 05:58:46 pm »

Yes, there is urgent:

1) Are you scum?
2) You should have some special cards, like Swamp Hag, and uh.. well, I guess we need to think about whether or not you should say if it was used last night.  Okay, maybe you have to go read. 

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: May 26, 2015, 06:08:56 pm »

1) Are you scum?
2) You should have some special cards, like Swamp Hag, and uh.. well, I guess we need to think about whether or not you should say if it was used last night.  Okay, maybe you have to go read. 
1) Nope!
2) Maaaayyyyybe.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: May 26, 2015, 07:36:17 pm »

No, I did not read every single post, but I skimmed everything and got the general gist.

Day 1: Lots of waffling around by everybody, almost nobody with strong reads. Then deadline came so we lynched Awaclus, okay.
Day 2: I really agree with almost everything Ichi says here. There's some stuff with Dominion cards going on too and extra days, maybe I should read my QTs. Oh hey, I claimed:
Does Pit want to claim?
I think i have to claim at this point: I'm a VT, but i got Swamp Hag.

If you don't believe me, you can still lynch me tomorrow, without losing much (slightly less information for the lynch today compared to the one that would happen tomorrow + me possibly being a scum PR with a night activated power), while gaining the no-kill / hated for scum.
Interesting.

Then LA literally claimed scum so we lynched him. Also woah, Silverspawn has been buddying me so hard the whole game, suspicious, since I'm a newbie. Oh wait he got NKed and flipped town, fine. Seprix has also been all over the place without pushing anything too hard, which in general I think is a scummy thing.

Day 3: Hey that's now. Not much has happened. Okay, now I'll figure out role stuff.

So, right now I have a slight townread on Ichimaru Gin, slight scumread on Seprix. But really, time to figure out the role madness.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: May 26, 2015, 08:02:05 pm »

I don't see any reason for me not to say this. If I did use it, we should be checking everyone for sure. If I didn't use it, oh well. I won't claim it yet just to give anyone a chance to tell me not to. I can confirm that I do/did have the Swamp Hag.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: May 26, 2015, 08:22:49 pm »

Well obviously, you'd have a real hard time convincing everyone that you subbed into lying!town.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: May 26, 2015, 08:27:14 pm »

Well obviously, you'd have a real hard time convincing everyone that you subbed into lying!town.
Of course, but it can't hurt just to verify that I'm on the same page as pit was. People have made mistakes, you know.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: May 27, 2015, 12:15:48 am »

Well, if Grey doesn't show up soon, I have some stuff to claim.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: May 27, 2015, 12:17:11 am »

Also, could we get a vote count for today. I don't know how many people are alive!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: May 27, 2015, 07:01:59 am »

Hi lio! Man, it's been a while since I've been in a game with you... I feel like the last one was Dice Mafia.

Anyway, does anyone besides me have reads?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: May 27, 2015, 07:07:34 am »

Hi lio! Man, it's been a while since I've been in a game with you... I feel like the last one was Dice Mafia.

Anyway, does anyone besides me have reads?
The last one was Dice Mafia. That was the most recent non-Blitz non-Bastard game I've played.

Also, could we get a vote count for today. I don't know how many people are alive!
Pretty sure 7 people are alive.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 24 - Dominion: Adventures Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1186 on: May 27, 2015, 07:11:24 am »

Not Voting: GreyICE, Pit, faust, Witherweaver, Ichimaru Gin, Hydrad, Seprix

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: May 27, 2015, 07:27:37 am »

Hydrad reread.

He starts out voting for Library because he's new. The fact that he didn't pick Grey is minimally scummy. He says he'll treat Jimmmmm as an IC. He sheeps silver's vote on WW, and then swithces to silver. He has LA in his won't lynch list due to policy. Starts D2 saying he wants to look at LA and Seprix, and continues to vote LA. Has town reads on WW and Ichi. He says LA has felt pretty scummy to him D1 (something he never stated D1).

Eh. So Hydrad's treatment of LA could easily be a bus. He calls him scummy basically without any reason at all, and always keeps a second choice. And if Hydrad is scum, I think chances are the second scum is WW or Ichi.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: May 27, 2015, 07:28:00 am »

Vote: Hydrad to get things started.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: May 27, 2015, 08:57:07 am »

Hydrad reread.

He starts out voting for Library because he's new. The fact that he didn't pick Grey is minimally scummy. He says he'll treat Jimmmmm as an IC. He sheeps silver's vote on WW, and then swithces to silver. He has LA in his won't lynch list due to policy. Starts D2 saying he wants to look at LA and Seprix, and continues to vote LA. Has town reads on WW and Ichi. He says LA has felt pretty scummy to him D1 (something he never stated D1).

Eh. So Hydrad's treatment of LA could easily be a bus. He calls him scummy basically without any reason at all, and always keeps a second choice. And if Hydrad is scum, I think chances are the second scum is WW or Ichi.

I like the case on Hydrad, the thing with specifically pointing out (multiple times) of not lynching LA because of policy is suspicious.  I don't really see Ichi.  I'm obviously town.

Vote: Hydrad

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: May 27, 2015, 09:29:18 am »

Hydrad reread.

I like the case on Hydrad, the thing with specifically pointing out (multiple times) of not lynching LA because of policy is suspicious.  I don't really see Ichi.  I'm obviously town.

Vote: Hydrad

Well, I think of you and Ichi as likely partners mostly due to PoE. I don't quite see Hydrad suspecting both his teammates D2, so that eliminates Seprix. And Grey and pit/lio are likely town.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: May 27, 2015, 12:07:25 pm »

Ok. Time to claim.

I received the Storyteller last night (a power that we picked in our qt). It allowed me to pick any player, and if they were town, they would become loved. I picked GreyICE.

So. We need 4 votes on GreyICE, and no more than four! And then, he will either flip scum or become an IC. Unless there is some other mechanic that intereferes with it, which I think is pretty unlikely.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: May 27, 2015, 12:09:18 pm »

Also. I will request a prod on GreyICE

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: May 27, 2015, 12:25:00 pm »

Is there any reason not to suspect faust? I should probably reread. iirc he was on the LA wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:12 pm »

I confirm that power.

Interesting. What if Ichi is scum? Then he either tells the truth or wants to bring in another mislynch, at the cost of his death. Being able to take down one of the towniest players to reach LyLo is not the worst thing ever. If we lynch Ichi, and he flips town, we enter tomorrow with 2/5 scum, and it would take 4 to lynch town!Grey. So if we pick one townie correctly, we could still confirm Grey... or we hope to catch scum and then Grey can't die the following Day.

How do you guys stand on testing Grey? I think he's rather townie, so I would prefer not to. Ichi, why do you think we need to test?

Anyway, if we do decide to test, I think the best strategy is for Grey to pick 4 players to vote for him.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:28 pm »

Is there any reason not to suspect faust? I should probably reread. iirc he was on the LA wagon.

There's a reason not to suspect me: I'm town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: May 27, 2015, 12:41:19 pm »

Basically, I think we should test Grey if and only if we would lynch him. I don't consider that, so I don't want to test.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: May 27, 2015, 01:03:53 pm »

Basically, I think we should test Grey if and only if we would lynch him. I don't consider that, so I don't want to test.
Why? That makes no sense at all.

Unless there's a danger of scum quicklynching him and that costing us the game, this is absolutely what we are going to do. Yeah, I'm calling a faust/GreyICE for the rest of the scumteam. You're not making any sense, and you saying you're town doesn't convince me either.

vote: GreyICE

3 more votes please. No more. No less.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: May 27, 2015, 01:09:34 pm »

I confirm that power.

Interesting. What if Ichi is scum? Then he either tells the truth or wants to bring in another mislynch, at the cost of his death. Being able to take down one of the towniest players to reach LyLo is not the worst thing ever. If we lynch Ichi, and he flips town, we enter tomorrow with 2/5 scum, and it would take 4 to lynch town!Grey. So if we pick one townie correctly, we could still confirm Grey... or we hope to catch scum and then Grey can't die the following Day.

How do you guys stand on testing Grey? I think he's rather townie, so I would prefer not to. Ichi, why do you think we need to test?

Anyway, if we do decide to test, I think the best strategy is for Grey to pick 4 players to vote for him.
I missed this. I would be fine with that plan, except you're the one to suggest it. If scum as some way of interfering with this, you just gave scum Grey a way to save himself. Let's pick the players who will vote for him randomly. I'll even unvote for now.

But seriously, how is Grey one of the towniest players? I don't even care. After this, he'll be an IC--or dead scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: May 27, 2015, 01:22:40 pm »

I don't Faust's argument.  I don't see Grey as being any more likely town than Ichi is, and as Grey is a complete unknown, this is a good thing. 

What's the advantage of having Grey pick the people to vote for him? 
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 20 queries.