Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267638 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1075 on: January 14, 2013, 05:37:56 pm »

For what it's worth, I think we have to take into the account that Cuzz has been at L-1 forever, and no one has hammered.  That's generally a scum trait.

Or you could answer the damn question ash.

Dude, chill.  Who was I voting for for 90% of this game?  She's on your wagon.  She's clearly the scummiest on your wagon, to me.

I don't mean to be unchill, but that wasn't the question. Do you have a strong town read on anyone there?

Galz, Glooble.

Robz, if he hammers.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: January 14, 2013, 06:03:33 pm »

Here's something to chat about. My wagon is Galz, Munch, shraeye, Glooble, liopoil, raerae and ash.

I'd like as many people as possible to say whether they have a strong townread on anyone in that collection (besides themselves), and why.

Strong town read?  Shraeye.  Opposite of a strong town read? Ash.
As for everyone else, Glooble hasn't said enough for me to have much of an opinion cause his emotional appeal doesn't count for anything in my book.  Galz is interesting.  Raerae is raerae.

Mcmc can hammer when he wants.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: January 14, 2013, 06:16:57 pm »

I think galz, shraeye, and raerae haven't answered the question yet. neither have many people not on the wagon.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: January 14, 2013, 06:28:54 pm »

Vote Count 1.15

Cuzz (7): Galzria, TheMunch, shraeye, Glooble, liopoil, raerae, ashersky {L-1}
Jimmmmm (1): mcmcsalot
Glooble (1): yuma
raerae (1): Eevee

Here's something to chat about. My wagon is Galz, Munch, shraeye, Glooble, liopoil, raerae and ash.

I'd like as many people as possible to say whether they have a strong townread on anyone in that collection (besides themselves), and why.

Ok. I'm not caught up. But in case the day does end soon, I don't have a strong townread on any of these people. Shraeye probably comes the closest, and isn't he pushing your case the hardest? From what I remember, the case did not look bad. But man I need to go back and read.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: January 14, 2013, 06:38:24 pm »

Vote Count 1.15

Raerae is the only person I read as town from that list. I've stated in the past that her play this game reminds me very strongly of her play in the last blitz game (IX). Likewise the only scum(ish) read I have is from Shraeye, because despite his larger post style this game, I just don't feel he's been as memorable or as "present" as any game I've ever seen him in. But as I've mentioned, that would be a really weak ass case to push against somebody. Still, worth noting.

Off-wagon my biggest town read is, and is likely to remain, Eevee. It's probably become the reverse of confirmation bias (or whatever you want to call it), but I've completely convinced myself that this is unlike any scum!Eevee I've ever seen, and there are just too many pieces that read town to me. I don't see myself voting to lynch him without a major scum-slip, or some other damning piece of evidence - certainly a case a he'll of a lot stronger than ANYTHING that's been made today. Robz can sit there and call it bad play all he wants, but I'm like, 95% confident Eevee is town.

Theorel has also read very much like Town!Theorel to me, although putting my finger on exactly why would be difficult, and I've no disillusions that scum!Theorel could probably play circles attend me (except back in M-VI where I read him as scum particularly well. But I think he's grown as a player and would be much harder to pin these days).

Scum off wagon is a tossup between Jimmm and mcmc. If somehow they're both scum, I doubt they're on the same team. I don't see scum!Jimmm pushing for scum!mcmc the way he did today if they're teammates.

Anybody and everybody else falls into the vastly muddled middle ground. I wouldn't oppose the lynch of them, but would need to really chew over any case presented before making a decision to lynch them.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1080 on: January 14, 2013, 06:48:18 pm »

I refuse to answer cuzz's question until he answers mine.  Tit for tat, buddy.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: January 14, 2013, 06:50:41 pm »

Where's shraeye anyway, to weigh in?  He's got the biggest case on Cuzz.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: January 14, 2013, 06:52:11 pm »

This is what I'm talking about sassy unhelpful raerae is town!raerae... But really I dislike this post as it is as I said unhelpful, also coming directly after two people said your playing like your meta a post like this is off putting. You have left my list of strong town reads.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1083 on: January 14, 2013, 06:52:58 pm »

Where's shraeye anyway, to weigh in?  He's got the biggest case on Cuzz.

No idea.  I'm back home now so I can't keep tabs on that slippery devil anymore. 

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: January 14, 2013, 06:57:40 pm »

This is what I'm talking about sassy unhelpful raerae is town!raerae... But really I dislike this post as it is as I said unhelpful, also coming directly after two people said your playing like your meta a post like this is off putting. You have left my list of strong town reads.

I will answer that question.  I don't have a problem with it at all.  I do, however, have a problem with somebody who has consistently avoided a question which should be very easy to answer.  So when he demands I answer a question when he won't do the same, I must admit I am disinclined to acquiesce to his request.

Why do most of you keep avoiding the fact that he's avoided explaining his town read on Jimmmmm?  Am I the only one who finds that shady?

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: January 14, 2013, 07:06:26 pm »

I will answer that question.  I don't have a problem with it at all.  I do, however, have a problem with somebody who has consistently avoided a question which should be very easy to answer.  So when he demands I answer a question when he won't do the same, I must admit I am disinclined to acquiesce to his request.

Why do most of you keep avoiding the fact that he's avoided explaining his town read on Jimmmmm?  Am I the only one who finds that shady?

This is the kind of post that is helpfull, I agree with everything you've said here and is part of the reason with an intent to hammer I have not done so yet.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: January 14, 2013, 07:10:19 pm »

Wait, wait, wait...found another issue with beyond the stubborn "he didn't answer my question so I'm not answering his."  He didn't do this himself until post #1009 and then he basically said everybody on his wagon is scum or could be.  Maybe I'm being paranoid here but  for somebody who hasn't told town anything all game I don't feel like he's a good position to be commanding us around.  I don't feel comfortable telling his potential scumbuddies who I think is town.  That's strange, right?  If he is scum we just told his friends where they rank in our eyes.  Robz, you're actually striking cords with me this game, am I totally off my rocker with this?

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: January 14, 2013, 07:10:48 pm »

BAH

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: January 14, 2013, 07:13:06 pm »

BAH

Use your words, Munch!

TheMunch

• Swindler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: January 14, 2013, 07:14:31 pm »

You did a thing.  With the references.  I love references.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: January 14, 2013, 07:16:24 pm »

Wait, wait, wait...found another issue with beyond the stubborn "he didn't answer my question so I'm not answering his."  He didn't do this himself until post #1009 and then he basically said everybody on his wagon is scum or could be.  Maybe I'm being paranoid here but  for somebody who hasn't told town anything all game I don't feel like he's a good position to be commanding us around.  I don't feel comfortable telling his potential scumbuddies who I think is town.  That's strange, right?  If he is scum we just told his friends where they rank in our eyes.  Robz, you're actually striking cords with me this game, am I totally off my rocker with this?

Raerae, everything you say in game is "telling his potential scumbuddies" something.  I mean, everyone is reading.  So withholding info/opinions/etc. isn't helpful if you are always defaulting to that.  Some times we don't say things because it can hurt the town.  Giving reads isn't one of those things.  It's just a fundamental part of the game.

If Cuzz is scum, he knows which teammates are on his wagon.  But they need to find the other scum team too.  So reads do help his scummates, but overall helps town more.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: January 14, 2013, 07:16:51 pm »

You did a thing.  With the references.  I love references.

And Orlando Bloom, I'm sure.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: January 14, 2013, 07:26:22 pm »

I'm tired of this day, starting when we hit page 40, I hate long D1s.  There's a point where more information actually makes it HARDER to figure any shit out tomorrow. I just skimmed through the last four pages and have a few things to say.

I honestly agree with Raerae here. Like I mentioned in my previous post, I feel like so little has changed over the past ~300 posts (probably more), that all we're doing is mucking up the water for good reads on future days no matter who we end up lynching, and regardless of what they flip.

On top of that, Cuzz feels like he's digging in his heels making every last pro-town thing he could do take an extra 3 pages. Town read on Jimmm? "Nope, not saying." Fully fleshed out reads for people to look back on? "Jimmm is town, but I won't say why." Claim before lynch? "Nah, I think not."

Yeah, he just claimed, but he's dragging on instead of actively helping, and it feels like he's just trying to wait the clock out until people get bored of his wagon and move on. It's very unhelpful town play at BEST, and as you yourself noted Robz, you know full well that Cuzz will do anything in his power to get out of a lynch when scum.

Furthermore, I find his latest defense of my initial case incredibly underwhelming. "How dare you make a read on someone within the first hundred posts of a game? I expect better of you!" - Honestly, trying to guilt me into unvoting isn't going to work. And on top of that, I treat RVS with the same level of scrutiny as any other time in the game. Scum can be caught there just as "easily" as anywhere.
I agree with a lot of this; very little has changed in the last few hundred posts.  It's all been white noise, and it's made my reads less focused and harder to grasp.  At this point, it's becoming detrimental.

I would like to hear from shraeye. What do you think about Cuzz now?
Nothing has made me stop wanting to lynch him, not even the cop-claim.

What I am saying is:

No counterclaim =/= Cuzz is telling the truth.
I'm not sure if this is true, but even if Cuzz is telling the truth, I think we should lynch him.

I'm null-to-towny on glooble, raerae, Galz, liopoil, Munch; ashersky is slightly scummy; this is just what I recall, my notes aren't available right now.  Out of those people, I am most certain that raerae is town, a lot about her attitude reminds me of her play as IC in Buffy, also her insistance to make Cuzz answer the question that he still hasn't answered (right?), her case on Jimmm.

Yeah yeah Cuzz might be scum, he might not be, we've been over this. I really want everyone to be on record with an answer to my question before seeing my flip.
This sounds good in practice, but waiting for EVERY SINGLE person to say something specific about this really just seems to be extending the game (post-wise and time-wise).  I think the majority have answered, and am fine if one or two haven't before the end of the day.  Not answering can be analyzed just like answering.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: January 14, 2013, 09:16:13 pm »

Vote Count 1.15

Of that selection Galzria is towniest.  I'm leaning slightly town on raerae.  liopoil is neutral for lack of good reads, ash is scum-side of neutral for being near-"equal" parts scum and town (not literally equal as that would be scummy, but read nearly equaling out)
Munch is slight-scum for lack of any better read on him really since he replaced in.  Although I think I started to think something about him earlier, I can't place it now. 
Glooble is slight-scum purely for lurking and I've got nothing else on him really (I did hate when I wanted to replace out in XI, and hoped that I would have felt the same as town...so I'm giving him credit for that feeling from myself.  I don't doubt he's genuine about feeling like he shouldn't have joined...but that doesn't make him town.)
shraeye is prob-scum.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1094 on: January 14, 2013, 09:23:41 pm »

I don't find anyone on the Cuzz wagon particularly Towny. The best I've got would be close to null-reads on Galz, Glooble and lio. I think "sassy unhelpful raerae is town!raerae" is meaningless, because as far as we know we've never seen scum raerae, so I'm inclined to think that sassy unhelpful raerae is raerae.

I actually probably have more of a Town read on Cuzz than anyone on his wagon. Having said that, that Town read is steadily waning due to this stalling he's doing. Although I have to admit his case on ash seems reasonable.

Cuzz, I have a question for you that you need to answer if not raerae's question. Why don't you want to give the reason for your Town read on me?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1095 on: January 14, 2013, 09:32:57 pm »

I don't find anyone on the Cuzz wagon particularly Towny. The best I've got would be close to null-reads on Galz, Glooble and lio. I think "sassy unhelpful raerae is town!raerae" is meaningless, because as far as we know we've never seen scum raerae, so I'm inclined to think that sassy unhelpful raerae is raerae.

I actually probably have more of a Town read on Cuzz than anyone on his wagon. Having said that, that Town read is steadily waning due to this stalling he's doing. Although I have to admit his case on ash seems reasonable.

Cuzz, I have a question for you that you need to answer if not raerae's question. Why don't you want to give the reason for your Town read on me?

Jimmmmm, are you willing to lynch Cuzz?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 14, 2013, 09:37:56 pm »

If after he comes back on he doesn't start playing ball, then I will.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 14, 2013, 10:12:12 pm »

If after he comes back on he doesn't start playing ball, then I will.

Any idea when he'll be back?

And is robz around? 

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 14, 2013, 10:17:07 pm »

Oh Cuzz is online now. Robz has been offline for 3 hours.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 14, 2013, 10:18:18 pm »

Might just hammer already.  I don't think he'll fess up to anything if he's scum.

Pages: 1 ... 42 43 [44] 45 46 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.063 seconds with 20 queries.