Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 267625 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #450 on: January 08, 2013, 12:17:11 am »

The post count turned out pretty anti-intuitive, I would say. People who I thought were lurking actually aren't. People who I thought had solid contributions are a little on the low side.

My two biggest suspects are two of the top three posters (and the other is me). That worries me, since in a vacuum, scum aligned players write fewer posts than town-aligned players. However, people who come under suspicion end up posting more than others. So it's a bit of a catch-22.

I actually think each person needs to be evaluated critically in this regard, and not on a flat scale.

I don't know much about liopoil, so I don't know what "normal" is for him. But for Theorel, that is pretty spot on. Very few posts, tons of content in each.

For the Glooble's and Yuma's, they are actually just higher than I normally look, so I wouldn't consider them "lurking" to their own standard.

And this is the point I made about myself earlier. I HAVE been underposting. Yesterday because I was RL gaming, today because I've been swamped catching up here. My overall numbers might still be above average - but I'll be the first to admit that against my own standards of posting, yes, I am in fact "lurking".

Looking at that list, in all honesty, I think everybody is contributing at or above their normal levels. I see no real lurkers (besides myself) listed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: January 08, 2013, 12:18:40 am »

Robz/Galz, what's your take on Shraeye's elusiveness?  He's constantly been saying he'll give his reads later, holding them back on purposes, etc.  Scummy?  Not scummy?

Shraeye has totally evaded my radar ever since I totally mis-attributed a bunch of stuff to him. I said this earlier, but I thought he was defending raerae big time, but there's actually no evidence for it, so I don't know why I thought that.

Shraeye does usually leave a bigger footprint than this. I am use to long posts from him, for one thing. And I think he's on the lower side compared to other games. He probably warrants a closer look, if that's what you're getting at.

Yes, I think so.

Also, the "ask a question of others about others" post was a jokey way of emulating what I think of as a scum tool for towniness.  Given my own scum read on raerae, who's posting plenty, btw.

But yes, I do think shraeye warrants attention, given he's not sounding exactly like town!shraeye at this point.  But I do think he has some V/LA stuff going on, maybe?

Also, can we coin "shraeyerae" as a term to refer to the misguided feeling you had about him defending raerae when he actually wasn't?  Or "shraeyeray" like "got hit by the shraeyeray again."
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: January 08, 2013, 12:19:14 am »

The post count turned out pretty anti-intuitive, I would say. People who I thought were lurking actually aren't. People who I thought had solid contributions are a little on the low side.

My two biggest suspects are two of the top three posters (and the other is me). That worries me, since in a vacuum, scum aligned players write fewer posts than town-aligned players. However, people who come under suspicion end up posting more than others. So it's a bit of a catch-22.

I actually think each person needs to be evaluated critically in this regard, and not on a flat scale.

I don't know much about liopoil, so I don't know what "normal" is for him. But for Theorel, that is pretty spot on. Very few posts, tons of content in each.

For the Glooble's and Yuma's, they are actually just higher than I normally look, so I wouldn't consider them "lurking" to their own standard.

And this is the point I made about myself earlier. I HAVE been underposting. Yesterday because I was RL gaming, today because I've been swamped catching up here. My overall numbers might still be above average - but I'll be the first to admit that against my own standards of posting, yes, I am in fact "lurking".

Looking at that list, in all honesty, I think everybody is contributing at or above their normal levels. I see no real lurkers (besides myself) listed.

Towniest. Post. Ever.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: January 08, 2013, 12:23:08 am »

Robz/Galz, what's your take on Shraeye's elusiveness?  He's constantly been saying he'll give his reads later, holding them back on purposes, etc.  Scummy?  Not scummy?

Shraeye has totally evaded my radar ever since I totally mis-attributed a bunch of stuff to him. I said this earlier, but I thought he was defending raerae big time, but there's actually no evidence for it, so I don't know why I thought that.

Shraeye does usually leave a bigger footprint than this. I am use to long posts from him, for one thing. And I think he's on the lower side compared to other games. He probably warrants a closer look, if that's what you're getting at.

Yes, I think so.

Also, the "ask a question of others about others" post was a jokey way of emulating what I think of as a scum tool for towniness.  Given my own scum read on raerae, who's posting plenty, btw.

But yes, I do think shraeye warrants attention, given he's not sounding exactly like town!shraeye at this point.  But I do think he has some V/LA stuff going on, maybe?

Also, can we coin "shraeyerae" as a term to refer to the misguided feeling you had about him defending raerae when he actually wasn't?  Or "shraeyeray" like "got hit by the shraeyeray again."

Yes, but we'll never spell it correctly. I can't spell their names correctly one at a time, even!
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: January 08, 2013, 12:23:54 am »

Towniest. Post. Ever.

I do also agree with this. The flow of this game has been pretty much spot on.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: January 08, 2013, 12:58:15 am »

To contribute a list, which would be helpful from everyone:

Would not lynch today: ashersky, Robz, liopoil, Yuma, munch, Galzria

Would lynch: raerae, mom salon, jimmmmm, Eevee

Fence: Cuzz, Dsell, sparky, theo, Glooble

Would and wouldn't are in order.

Did you mean shraeye instead of sparky? sparky = Munch.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: January 08, 2013, 12:59:58 am »

I went off the list in the 1st post.  Sparky is listed there.  But yes, shraeye is in the fence list.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: January 08, 2013, 01:03:43 am »

What stands out to me here is that you're on the fence on Dsell. The general opinion is that he's probably Town, but I don't think you've said anything about him. Do you agree?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: January 08, 2013, 01:06:25 am »

Pausing in my reread as I just saw the latest votecount, but really? 4 votes on fuzzy? The Eevee lynch is bad and you should all feel bad.

Honestly, I'm not like super best most awesome person at reading Eevee in the WORLD, but I'm usually pretty damn good. I cannot honestly recall the last time I genuinely wanted his head when we were both town (ok, that's a lie. I did BRIEFLY on D2 of a Blitz game awhile back, but I had resolved it by the end of the day), and I REALLY cannot remember the last time I actively mislynched him. His last two scum games I've nailed him as scum D1 (even if I couldn't get a lynch through).

My point is, town!Eevee is ALWAYS controversial in some way, and he ALWAYS reads scummy for it. Scum!Eevee is much more apathetic, and has a "oh, whatever" attitude towards the game. He sits there bemoaning how awfully he's playing instead of biting at the chomp to try and be better.

This Eevee is not scum!Eevee.

I'm not italicizing that because I have some secret inside information, I'm italicizing it because I'm damn confident of my read here.

With that said, I'm going to change the focus of my reread to the 4 people on Eevee's wagon, because I find it highly doubtful that the terrible cases made on Eevee have been wholly supported by town.

Terrible? Terrible?? Come on man, the cases on Eevee aren't terrible. Maybe you don't buy them but they really aren't terrible. objectively, they aren't. Jimm's contradiction thing ended up being unsound, but there's a lot more to it. Ugh.

Again I agree with Robz. I actually think the case on Eevee is growing more solid. And those freaking out about 4 votes need to unbunch their undergarments of choice. I can point to two recent games (one ongoing, that's all I'll say) in which a wagon has gotten to L-2 even sooner than this, and we have the same conversation every time: Anyone who pushes any wagon to or over the brink prematurely D1 will be regarded as scum. L-4 is nothing.

Eevee's interaction with me earlier surrounding his vote on me was super scummy, and included an honest to goodness lie in his justification for said vote. The case is far from terrible. Let's not get confused by the fact that there did exist earlier cases on Eevee that were terrible.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: January 08, 2013, 01:08:17 am »

I went off the list in the 1st post.  Sparky is listed there.  But yes, shraeye is in the fence list.

I just mean that you had sparky and munch in different categories somehow, but they are the same person.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: January 08, 2013, 01:12:14 am »

I just mean that you had sparky and munch in different categories somehow, but they are the same person.

Cause Munch is reading town enough to not lynch D1 while sparky had left no impression.  Clearly because he subbed out!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: January 08, 2013, 01:13:07 am »

What stands out to me here is that you're on the fence on Dsell. The general opinion is that he's probably Town, but I don't think you've said anything about him. Do you agree?

I agree that the general opinion is he's town.  That's fair.  I'm just not so sold on him that I would put him on the would not list.  I don't give him as much town cred as everyone else, but definitely don't attribute his actions to scumminess.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: January 08, 2013, 01:18:05 am »

I agree that the general opinion is he's town.  That's fair.  I'm just not so sold on him that I would put him on the would not list.  I don't give him as much town cred as everyone else, but definitely don't attribute his actions to scumminess.

I really don't understand the "Dsell might be scum" argument. I mean...I understand it I guess but I completely, absolutely disagree with it.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: January 08, 2013, 01:19:25 am »

I really don't understand the "Dsell might be scum" argument. I mean...I understand it I guess but I completely, absolutely disagree with it.

Who made that argument?  Not me, in that quote.  I'm at a completely null read on Dsell, given the fact that his only real contribution up to now has been the Eevee town vs. station thing.  It was clear the Eevee claim was a joke, and the Dsell response was NOT a scum gambit.  And that's it.  Moved on.  No read from that exchange.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: January 08, 2013, 01:21:01 am »

Who made that argument?  Not me, in that quote.  I'm at a completely null read on Dsell, given the fact that his only real contribution up to now has been the Eevee town vs. station thing.  It was clear the Eevee claim was a joke, and the Dsell response was NOT a scum gambit.  And that's it.  Moved on.  No read from that exchange.

A null read implies that you think he might be scum. Otherwise it's called a townread.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: January 08, 2013, 01:21:49 am »

reading Galzria's post made me feel warm inside. who am I kidding - eevee still likes him some buddybuddy; Galzria seems very towny.

jimmm leading the town with most posts.. the new guy has become a veteran!

cuzz, I didnt intentionally lie. you've been critical of me, it's easy to get confused when you are town and don't check all the facts super carefully. apologies.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: January 08, 2013, 01:24:18 am »

cuzz, I didnt intentionally lie. you've been critical of me, it's easy to get confused when you are town and don't check all the facts super carefully. apologies.

Eevee I want a full response to my post #421:

Eevee, can you respond to these two things, because I feel like our little back and forth died and I was having fun with it.

1. What do you mean by this?

I am keeping my vote on him until someone does something more suspicious or until he stops fitting my scum narrative for him perfectly.

2. How can you justify this statement when at the time I had done no such thing?

The thing I didn't agree with was you calling me scummy all the time.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: January 08, 2013, 01:29:23 am »

i know. I'm exhausted and starting to answer that now feels just as unpleasant as it did when I originally read it. I'll try to get to it tomorrow! I wouldn't expect a very great response, my vote on you was bad town play, I didnt realize how porot I'd be able to justify it.

fwiw you pushing me like this is very good scumhunting.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: January 08, 2013, 01:31:02 am »

Is that because you're scum? You can tell me, everyone else is asleep  ;)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: January 08, 2013, 01:31:48 am »

Is that because you're scum? You can tell me, everyone else is asleep  ;)

Zzzzzzztellhimzzzzzzzzzzz

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: January 08, 2013, 01:32:22 am »

I agree that Galzria seems town from some of his more recent posts. In fact I completely identify with how he's feeling. I feel guilty for not posting more, especially considering that I have achieved near obvtown status to some people.

I am going to reread Jimmmm. He read town to me but people are claiming he really changed his opinion on Eevee. I missed where he did that but he is denying it, saying it was less like a 180 and more like a 90 degree change. Anyway, I'm gonna investigate.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: January 08, 2013, 01:33:22 am »

@Eevee, why are you acting so differently? Why do you think Galz and I have nearly opposite reads on you, when we both know you so well?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: January 08, 2013, 01:34:11 am »

No, it's because my vote on him WAS terrible, and I tried to dodge the question because I didnt feel like answering and he wouldn't let me.

just to annoy Robz, I'll announce i still don't know my flavour name despite having read my pm 4 times now.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: January 08, 2013, 01:38:03 am »

jimmm leading the town with most posts.. the new guy has become a veteran!

I'm doing my best. It'd be nice to come up with theories that people agree with though. I'll work on that.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: January 08, 2013, 01:39:26 am »

No, it's because my vote on him WAS terrible, and I tried to dodge the question because I didnt feel like answering and he wouldn't let me.

just to annoy Robz, I'll announce i still don't know my flavour name despite having read my pm 4 times now.

It's one of those evil Star Trek guys isn't it? Some sort of Morlock?
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 125  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.