Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 336481 times)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 START!)
« Reply #1250 on: June 11, 2012, 07:47:22 pm »

After reading through Galz's posts a lot I have a better feeling about him.  He definitely seemed to be scumhunting various people constantly.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 11, 2012, 09:43:18 pm »

Here's the thing Dsell and Robz. Is there anything I could actually do at this point to convince you guys I'm town?

I went a little crazy Day 1; I can't really explain it but a lot of us have moved on from that to looking for real scumz.

That's the catch in these games. There's very little anyone can do to convince anyone else that they're town (aside from dying). You know that. I will say that I will try to not have total jotheonah tunnel vision because that is a very bad idea (that has burned me in the past). But no, obviously there is nothing you can do to convince me 100%.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 11, 2012, 09:59:48 pm »

I mean the problem is that I AM town, so from where I'm sitting the case against me is just this horrible distraction from scumhunting, you know?

Like, Night 1 I was super-ok with being the lynch if that was helpful, but at this point a mislynch is a much worse thing for town so I'm really not ok with it.

I don't have a strong scum read on anyone. But I suspect the voters on me, Robz and Dsell a little more, because I feel like a lot of smart players - too many for all of them to be mafia - have seen past my weird play and concluded that, though weird and possibly anti-town, my play is not, and has not been scummy. But Dsell and Robz seem really fixated on me, really unable to make that leap to say "He's playing crazy, but not scummy."  And that bothers me a lot. AND YET if mafia, I would really expect the two of you to be stepping up your game, trying to beat a drum against me.

The weird thing about today (in-game) is that there are really no drums, no bandwagons, no evidence of a mafia train at all, despite that there are obviously many scum about. I really don't know what to do about it.

How many town are we at anyway? Did the double kill put us at an even number? How close to LyLo? Is No Lynch a thing?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 11, 2012, 10:03:47 pm »

I mean the problem is that I AM town, so from where I'm sitting the case against me is just this horrible distraction from scumhunting, you know?

Like, Night 1 I was super-ok with being the lynch if that was helpful, but at this point a mislynch is a much worse thing for town so I'm really not ok with it.

I don't have a strong scum read on anyone. But I suspect the voters on me, Robz and Dsell a little more, because I feel like a lot of smart players - too many for all of them to be mafia - have seen past my weird play and concluded that, though weird and possibly anti-town, my play is not, and has not been scummy. But Dsell and Robz seem really fixated on me, really unable to make that leap to say "He's playing crazy, but not scummy."  And that bothers me a lot. AND YET if mafia, I would really expect the two of you to be stepping up your game, trying to beat a drum against me.

The weird thing about today (in-game) is that there are really no drums, no bandwagons, no evidence of a mafia train at all, despite that there are obviously many scum about. I really don't know what to do about it.

How many town are we at anyway? Did the double kill put us at an even number? How close to LyLo? Is No Lynch a thing?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 11, 2012, 10:04:48 pm »

Rage missclick, anyways my post was going to be:

But you see J, I'm mafia *BECAUSE* I saw past your slightly odd play. Just ask pops!

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1255 on: June 11, 2012, 10:12:35 pm »

Ok, so I'm going to lay down an assumption that might be wrong: I don't think Galzria is scum. His reasons for advocating Axxle1 seemed sound to me when I voted, and they still seem sound now. I'm wary because of how well he fooled everyone in MII, but right now I'm finding Galz to be one of the more trustworthy players.

So if he is town, I think it's highly possible that the mafia managed to keep their hands clean. Jo would have jumped on that bandwagon whether he was down or mafia because it was taking heat off him. If I was mafia, and I knew that jo was, and he had done such a good job drawing suspicion to himself, I would have bussed him, and I would have tried to make it as convincing as possible. So I think if jo is Mafia, he is likely the only one who voted for Axxle.

If jo is town, I think mafia probably helped the Axxle wagon along, but no more than they needed to. I was swayed by Galz's arguments. I think it's highly possible a lot of other townies were. But if I had to pin down one Axxle voter other than jo as suspicious, it would be Grujah. I was suspicious of him day one for voting early without giving a lot of reasoning, and that hasn't gone away.

For the record, I still think jo is likely town, for the reasons I said day one - he's not stupid. I believe his roleclaim being a mistake, and that he's doing dumb things under the impression that having nothing to hide means you can play completely transparently.

If he is mafia, he's using some super-complex double-bluff strategy where he tries to make himself uber-suspicious, then get cleared so that everyone forgets about him. I find this possible, but unlikely.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 11, 2012, 10:20:24 pm »

The problem I have with your assessment of Jotheonah is this Glooble:

He played a MUCH stronger town game in M-II. Robz and I both had to learn our lesson about playing fast and loose as town after our Mafia win, but J's actions just don't follow. If he were town, why would he change up a strategy that stood strongly once already? I would expect a change in composure if he DID have something to hide, not the other way 'round.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 11, 2012, 10:22:07 pm »

The problem I have with your assessment of Jotheonah is this Glooble:

He played a MUCH stronger town game in M-II. Robz and I both had to learn our lesson about playing fast and loose as town after our Mafia win, but J's actions just don't follow. If he were town, why would he change up a strategy that stood strongly once already? I would expect a change in composure if he DID have something to hide, not the other way 'round.

Stood strongly? I'm sorry, but I'm pretty sure that the town in MII went down in flames.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 11, 2012, 10:25:03 pm »

Yes O, it did, but not because J appeared anything other than town until we needed him to be.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 11, 2012, 10:27:18 pm »

until we needed him to be.

Exactly..

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: June 11, 2012, 10:32:05 pm »

Could it be maybe that I saw how much fun O seemed to be having with this game and thought the game would be more fun if I played it more like O? And then realized that the way O plays is actually much more advanced AND more difficult than it looks?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1261 on: June 11, 2012, 10:32:36 pm »

During MII he kept complaining in real life that he was spending way too much energy on the game, so I could see him attempting a less mentally strenuous strategy.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 11, 2012, 10:33:55 pm »

Could it be maybe that I saw how much fun O seemed to be having with this game and thought the game would be more fun if I played it more like O? And then realized that the way O plays is actually much more advanced AND more difficult than it looks?

No.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 11, 2012, 10:35:11 pm »

It does take a fine balance to not get yourself lynched...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 11, 2012, 10:36:36 pm »

It does take a fine balance to not get yourself lynched...

iknowright? and everybody's a critic!

He/him

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 11, 2012, 10:37:09 pm »

Exactly..

That's irrelevant to my point though that a town J plays VERY differently than the J here has. I'm not condemning him, but I don't understand why he would make the change to crazy, when he saw exactly how well it worked for others first hand.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 11, 2012, 10:39:27 pm »

Exactly..

That's irrelevant to my point though that a town J plays VERY differently than the J here has. I'm not condemning him, but I don't understand why he would make the change to crazy, when he saw exactly how well it worked for others first hand.

Well... it worked well for TINAS and me in MI.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: June 11, 2012, 10:40:09 pm »

Blerg. It's frustrating and ironic that the weight around my neck THIS GAME is how supposedly good I was LAST GAME even though last game my team LOST HORRIBLY.

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 11, 2012, 10:41:18 pm »

And to add to the irony train is the fact that the people who want to crucify me now for not being as townie as I was in that game are the very people who, as mafia, manipulated that townieness and won AS MAFIA.

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 11, 2012, 10:41:49 pm »

Blerg. It's frustrating and ironic that the weight around my neck THIS GAME is how supposedly good I was LAST GAME even though last game my team LOST HORRIBLY.

Galzria just wants to think MII town was at all good because then it stands to follow that he as mafia had to be even more pro  ;D

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 11, 2012, 10:49:27 pm »

Galzria just wants to think MII town was at all good because then it stands to follow that he as mafia had to be even more pro  ;D

No, I wasn't BAD, but I have no clue why people there believed me. I got WAY more lucky than I was good. I just said things, and people went "oh, ok".

Hell, Axxle1 died for the same reason! I should just not talk when I play town. I have a tenancy to get people killed, and I'm not entirely sure why. :(

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: June 11, 2012, 10:50:13 pm »

Ok, metamafia arguments aside there is a BIG DANGEROUS FALLACY attached to my wagon.

It is the fallacy of weird=scummy. It is a fallacy that loses mafia games.

So Robz, Dsell, and Galzria, ye who are so focused on my "weird," "bad," and "not like Mafia II" play, please be so kind as to explain why that play equates in any way to good mafia play.

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 11, 2012, 10:52:34 pm »

After reading through Galz's posts a lot I have a better feeling about him.  He definitely seemed to be scumhunting various people constantly.

... and now after reading this:

No, I wasn't BAD, but I have no clue why people there believed me. I got WAY more lucky than I was good. I just said things, and people went "oh, ok".

Hell, Axxle1 died for the same reason! I should just not talk when I play town. I have a tenancy to get people killed, and I'm not entirely sure why. :(

I'm becoming increasingly concerned as to why the mafia didn't kill Galz.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 11, 2012, 10:53:14 pm »

Ok, metamafia arguments aside there is a BIG DANGEROUS FALLACY attached to my wagon.

So Robz, Dsell, and Galzria, ye who are so focused on my "weird," "bad," and "not like Mafia II" play, please be so kind as to explain why that play equates in any way to good mafia play.

Good Mafia play is play that does not get you lynched. Were you lynched?

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 11, 2012, 10:54:43 pm »

Good Mafia play is play that does not get you lynched. Were you lynched?

Holy F**k!!! Everyone except Axxle1 is mafia!!!
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.095 seconds with 20 queries.