Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 336559 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1000 on: June 08, 2012, 01:30:17 am »

He 1) Misrepresented Robz and 2) covered himself in his vote for Axxle

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: June 08, 2012, 01:41:31 am »

@Axxle, outside of J, nothing the others have done has been egregious enough for me to comment on at this time. I don't believe in naming names and spreading suspicion. If I want information, I'll attempt to go and get it. If I'm ready to make an argument, I'll present the things I feel are relevant.

But I won't throw a "what if" case together for everyone that allows the Mafia to pick and choose arguments that look good. Especially because there is a high likelihood that some of the people that I might suspect, are known non-scum to the Mafia.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: June 08, 2012, 01:48:20 am »

@Axxle, outside of J, nothing the others have done has been egregious enough for me to comment on at this time. I don't believe in naming names and spreading suspicion. If I want information, I'll attempt to go and get it. If I'm ready to make an argument, I'll present the things I feel are relevant.

But I won't throw a "what if" case together for everyone that allows the Mafia to pick and choose arguments that look good. Especially because there is a high likelihood that some of the people that I might suspect, are known non-scum to the Mafia.

I presented a case, why don't you either refute it or agree with it.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: June 08, 2012, 01:49:56 am »

Seemed rather non-existant to me.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: June 08, 2012, 01:51:37 am »

Misrepresentation is either misunderstanding or lying, if the latter it seems pretty serious to me.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: June 08, 2012, 01:54:36 am »

Misrepresentation is either misunderstanding or lying, if the latter it seems pretty serious to me.
What I mean is you shouldn't just dismiss it.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: June 08, 2012, 01:55:47 am »

Seemed rather non-existant to me.

So misrepresentation and creating pathetic, illogical hedges (I mean really, yes it's POSSIBLE and even not together too unlikely that any bandwagon is devoid of mafia, but to CLAIM one is such before a flip even occurs..) is less convincing than "oh he seems to have bandwagoned twice".

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: June 08, 2012, 01:58:36 am »

He 1) Misrepresented Robz and 2) covered himself in his vote for Axxle

This is like...nothing compared to what we have on jo, or even Axxle. I mean yeah it's bad, but really? His analysis is unhelpful but I don't see how you can think he's the most likely mafioso.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: June 08, 2012, 01:59:33 am »

I'm comfortable enough with my own reads right now.

Mafia Record:

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: June 08, 2012, 02:02:56 am »

UP TO DATE AS OF #976

@Robz - The reasons for my vote for Axxle are not so much a "case" but small pieces of things that, in total, make me believe he's more likely to be mafia than anyone else right now.

First small thing - The points in Galz's post at #760 (p31).  The dichotomy between words and actions struck a chord.  (In fact, I was surprised it didn't generate much notice, even with my asking (at #807) everyone to comment).

2nd small thing - CF's final point #875 (p36) tipped me enough to actually move my vote. (Interesting, I see that his quote of my post was another chance for everyone to read of my request at #807.) So at 883 I voted Axxle, in what appears to be the last post before the site went down.

Aside: I also just noticed, in reviewing, that Axxle posted at #882 while I was composing what would become 883.  I guess I hadn't read it clearly, or missed it. In the post, Axxle says  "I have 3 votes on me, Galz, J and now CF, correcting an assertion of CF's that there were 2 votes on him."  I think I've proven that I'm all in favor of correcting the record, but to this didn't read that way - this had the tone of "ok, partner(s), pay attention here, we don't want this getting out of hand". Axxle then mentions needing to review DSell and J material. 

Five-ish hours later the site comes up, and in the next post (at #884) things get interesting: CF says something to Axxle that struck me as odd: "Ooops, forgot about J's vote".  I again attribute tone, and what I get is a combination of "Uh-oh, I didn't mean to take it to 3, I thought I would only be making it 2 votes" and "there there youngster, not to worry, we've got this under control, let me give you something to take your mind off your predicament".  His next statement is "It's getting pretty hot in here - Axxle, I would like to see your thoughts on the J / DSell situation."  I read the first part as "I'll make a joke, so you should be able to relax a little" and the second part as "yes, you've foreshadowed your deflection, I'll put the same two names in front of everyone as you did" (though this might be a legit request for substance, as CF's previous vote had indeed been on DSell).  If I take it a step further, CF's next part smells to me also, when he asks of Axxle "Also - in your mind - what is the value of the pressure that is placed on people as votes pile up.  What are you looking for that you think would be different if they felt like the votes would not go through?".  It smells like "don't crack, they are only gathering information, think about what they are looking for as the pressure builds, and don't do that" rather than an actual request for substance. 

Axxle's next post (#889) begins with almost studied indifference "I feel like DSell hasn't really said a whole lot of anything.", and more stuff, an "I like this post" with a quote, and then another deflection: the FOS at Theo.  After all, we don't want to miss yet another possible person to consider.  Overall I just get a mafia vibe, I'm going with my gut as much as anything here.  There's more that has come since - Pops post at #958 I find compelling now, and I don't think THAT is confirmation bias. Axxle himself in #912 seems halfhearted, bringing up Jo again, and Theo, so those two stay on the radar, the nonchalance again with "I guess its time for more defense"

As for Jo - You have now made, in #913, a pretty good case against him, and I've not dismissed him (hell I haven't dismissed you yet), but he's not quite as smelly to me as Axxle is right now.  And now CF is in a different light for me, so I need to go back and look at some things. The consensus appears to be that Day 1 is too early to start thinking about pairs, but I'm wondering...

Sorry this took so long to write, there were numerous RL interruptions.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: June 08, 2012, 02:03:07 am »

Without making any illegal references... don't get cocky  I really don't want to have to campaign for a Galzria lynch

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: June 08, 2012, 02:06:44 am »

Aww... poor captain frisk. I posted and posted and I finally made SFS abandon him.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: June 08, 2012, 02:07:57 am »

(I mean really, yes it's POSSIBLE and even not together too unlikely that any bandwagon is devoid of mafia, but to CLAIM one is such before a flip even occurs..)

This is indeed odd but he's made a couple weird unsubstantiated claims so I think this could be just a potential analysis of the situation. I thought it was a really silly claim too, though. You can say that about literally every bandwagon.

Here is the specific quote I'm talking about:
I'm a little worried Axxle is town, and the mafia are steering clear.  i.e. this is a town-wagon, but it's against town.  There are already 8 people suspicious of Axxle (Glooble, Tables, and me as current non-voters).  If he's town, and mafia just steer-clear they may need to supply only 0-or-1 votes and watch the fallout.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: June 08, 2012, 02:09:50 am »

(I mean really, yes it's POSSIBLE and even not together too unlikely that any bandwagon is devoid of mafia, but to CLAIM one is such before a flip even occurs..)

This is indeed odd but he's made a couple weird unsubstantiated claims so I think this could be just a potential analysis of the situation. I thought it was a really silly claim too, though. You can say that about literally every bandwagon.

Here is the specific quote I'm talking about:
I'm a little worried Axxle is town, and the mafia are steering clear.  i.e. this is a town-wagon, but it's against town.  There are already 8 people suspicious of Axxle (Glooble, Tables, and me as current non-voters).  If he's town, and mafia just steer-clear they may need to supply only 0-or-1 votes and watch the fallout.

That's what I was referring to. That's the post that made me vote for Theorel.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: June 08, 2012, 02:11:10 am »

Without making any illegal references... don't get cocky  I really don't want to have to campaign for a Galzria lynch

I'll say the same thing here I did to Jothonah. Empty threats will not make me back down.

Mafia Record:

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: June 08, 2012, 02:13:40 am »

Aww... poor captain frisk. I posted and posted and I finally made SFS abandon him.
Oh, I guess you ARE technically posting - but of your last 25 posts, only 3 are longer than 2 lines.  I'm told fluff is bad.
Posting begets posting.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: June 08, 2012, 02:14:47 am »

Oh, I guess you ARE technically posting - but of your last 25 posts, only 3 are longer than 2 lines.  I'm told fluff is bad.

I don't think you understand what the standard definition of "fluff" is if you think shorter posts are fluffier than longer posts.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: June 08, 2012, 02:21:05 am »

@SFS: That is a very nice conspiracy theory regarding me and CF.  I enjoyed reading it.

@Galz: It feels like you want all discussion to be about me and J.  Is that correct?  Are you willing to discuss the possibility of other players being mafia?

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: June 08, 2012, 02:22:08 am »

I don't think you understand what the standard definition of "fluff" is if you think shorter posts are fluffier than longer posts.

Perhaps, but I wasnt wowed by:

at 12:30 - "Post moar guise

1) We need to overtake Mafia III in post count
2) Isotropic is still down."

Or, at 12:17: "we're frenemies"

Or, well to go on would be ... fluff in your eyes.
Posting begets posting.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: June 08, 2012, 02:23:25 am »

Perhaps, but I wasnt wowed by:

at 12:30 - "Post moar guise

1) We need to overtake Mafia III in post count
2) Isotropic is still down."

Or, at 12:17: "we're frenemies"

Or, well to go on would be ... fluff in your eyes.

So... Popsofctowns asking me if we were "freyends" wasn't fluff?

I like to have fun while I play mafia, I'm sorry if that offends you.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: June 08, 2012, 02:23:43 am »

I'm logging off, cause I'm scared of O.  Have fun everyone.
Posting begets posting.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: June 08, 2012, 02:24:23 am »

Damn right you are!  8)

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: June 08, 2012, 02:27:08 am »

Damn right you are!  8)

OOOOOOKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY, you win. (sullenness ensues in the SFS household) ;D
Posting begets posting.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: June 08, 2012, 02:28:05 am »

@SFS: That is a very nice conspiracy theory regarding me and CF.  I enjoyed reading it.

@Galz: It feels like you want all discussion to be about me and J.  Is that correct?  Are you willing to discuss the possibility of other players being mafia?

I don't care who you want to discuss. I'm not going to start making cases against everybody here though. If I feel an argument or case is warranted against someone, I'll make it. Otherwise, no, I will not feed the Mafia fodder.

Mafia Record:

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: June 08, 2012, 02:28:28 am »

Damn right you are!  8)

By the way, thanks for playing, that's 8 more posts between the two of us.  Good job!
Posting begets posting.

Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.079 seconds with 20 queries.