Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: Pass a colony to win the game!  (Read 1281 times)

engineer

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
Pass a colony to win the game!
« on: August 18, 2012, 02:48:02 am »
+1

Check this out: I just played a game where the right strategy on the final turn was to pass a colony to my opponent using my masquerade!

The game itself is pretty boring, I just go BM-masq because I don't see good enough engines on the board.  My opponent actually builds a successful engine, and because of it, he probably would have won if he went for the possession sooner.  Since I had a masq and colonies, I had to prevent him from playing it at all costs.

On my final turn, after I play the masq and draw the 2 cards, I'm looking at exactly $11 and two colonies.  So I pass him one of the colonies so I can keep my money and buy out the last colony to end the game!

Unfortunately, since the game log doesn't show the passed cards using masq, I don't have proof.  But here's the log anyway:

http://dominion.isotropic.org/gamelog/201208/17/game-20120817-234123-e9eec4de.html

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
  • Respect: +1966
    • View Profile
Re: Pass a colony to win the game!
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 03:34:30 am »

We can still look at his buys to see if it matches up with the number of colonies he had endgame, so there is proof!
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

engineer

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
Re: Pass a colony to win the game!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 04:02:39 pm »

Here's the councilroom log, which still doesn't show the masq passes or draws, but does at least showt he score.

http://councilroom.com/game?game_id=game-20120817-234123-e9eec4de.html

I guess this thread was in the wrong forum in the first place.  Sorry about that.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 21 queries.