Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]

Author Topic: I finally got KC/Bridge!  (Read 1167 times)

werothegreat

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: werothegreat
  • Let me tell you a secret...
  • Respect: +9631
    • View Profile
I finally got KC/Bridge!
« on: September 27, 2013, 03:13:14 pm »
+2

It involved lots of Shanty Towns and Ghost Ships, but I pulled it off!  And then bought every Victory card.  It was beautiful.  Thoughts on how I could have achieved this sooner?

http://dominionlogs.goko.com//20130927/log.505c6195a2e6c78ad2ed5a99.1380309093858.txt
Contrary to popular belief, I do not run the wiki all on my own.  There are plenty of other people who are actively editing.  Go bother them!

Check out this fantasy epic adventure novel I wrote, the Broken Globe!  http://www.amazon.com/Broken-Globe-Tyr-Chronicles-Book-ebook/dp/B00LR1SZAS/

theory

• Administrator
  • Respect: +6125
    • View Profile
    • Dominion Strategy
Re: I finally got KC/Bridge!
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2013, 05:25:24 pm »
+4

Oh man, how is it possible that you've played so many games and only just now experienced the joy of KC/Bridge?  :)

Jerk of All trades

• Young Witch
  • Respect: +38
    • View Profile
Re: I finally got KC/Bridge!
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2013, 05:36:37 pm »
+4

I would have completely skipped shanty town here. It really really hurts you most of the time when you played it.

You also had too many bridges, the object of a KC/bridge game is to just get Kc/Kc/bridge/bridge/bridge. With counterfeit trashing you can pretty quickly streamline your deck to get the end-game combo long before turn 20, even with ghost ship in the game.

This is how I'd play it:
3$ buy silvers (counterfeit these to get king's court)
4$ buy spies and 3-4 bridges (dont get more than 2 bridges until you have a KC or 2)
5$ get a couple counterfeit, then a couple ghost ships
6$ buy a gold or 2 to counterfeit
7$ get 3-4 KCs, this should be your #1 priority, even with 6$ and a bridge in play

Then just pray for a KC,KC,ghost ship hand, that should be enough to end the game if you've been able to trash most of your treasure.

When your opponant plays ghost ship, if you cannot get to 7 with any of your 3 card combos, stick the best cards back on top of your deck.  Getting to 7$ multiple times early will make or break you.
Pages: [1]

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 20 queries.