Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226001 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1375 on: April 23, 2020, 05:41:42 pm »

Yeah, I am happy with my shraeye vote.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: April 23, 2020, 05:43:02 pm »

Seriously, how do people who believe that was made up think the conversation went?

"Yo shraeye, you say that I am town or I get you lynched!"
"Um... fine."
And then I proceed to push his lynch anyway, making the threat pointless and giving him every opportunity to walk back his statement?

No, that makes no sense. First of all shraeye in that situation would just try to get me lynched instead, and second it makes no sense as a plan from me.
Honestly I don't see how it makes much more sense according to your version of events. Why would shraeye go along with you and not try to get you lynched? What am I missing?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: April 23, 2020, 05:52:03 pm »

I had to have this pointed out to me as well:

Shraeye - how do you know faust is a green text dude?

I'm having discussions with faust.  I want to make it clear that he told me  "say I'm green or you will die".

This goes against my Survivor wincon.  So I did as told.
I did force him to claim this, but that doesn't mean it wasn't true. He got mod confirmation that I am town in our QT.

hold on - like mod mod confirmation. Verbiage being what? Just that you are town? you are IC? I know you can't quote it and I guess the question is more for shraeye, but that little tid bit of info def changes a lot of povs I imagine.
He saw my name written in green, bold letters by ashersky. I doubt he is willing to corroborate that at this point.

hrmph. I so want to believe you're scum, but this is a hard thing to lie about. unvote

Willing to lynch shraeye today.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: April 23, 2020, 06:23:54 pm »

Seriously, how do people who believe that was made up think the conversation went?

"Um... fine."
And then I proceed to push his lynch anyway, making the threat pointless and giving him every opportunity to walk back his statement?

No, that makes no sense. First of all shraeye in that situation would just try to get me lynched instead, and second it makes no sense as a plan from me.
Honestly I don't see how it makes much more sense according to your version of events. Why would shraeye go along with you and not try to get you lynched? What am I missing?
Maybe it went down a little bit differently. More like "you know for sure I'm town now and if you don't confirm it in thread I will assume you are scum and vig/lynch you."

But then why isn't faust saying that?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: April 23, 2020, 06:26:31 pm »

"Um... fine."

Maybe it went down a little bit differently. More like "you know for sure I'm town now and if you don't confirm it in thread I will assume you are scum and vig/lynch you."

Why would shraeye knowing faust is town make him more likely to be coerced into saying so?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: April 23, 2020, 06:32:21 pm »

I don't know.  My next question to faust is how did Shraeye lie? I mean, he did confirm faust's green text but faust is still trying to get him lynched.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 23, 2020, 07:33:33 pm »

So...

1) Both are skum - nope. makes no sense, they would be at each other going hard. also it is a reach to begin with.

2) Both are town - Could be. Shraeye ain't pushing back on faust. but they did claim survivor, which makes no sense as town, so probably not this.

3) Faust is town Shraeye is Survivor - checks out.

4) Faust is skum Shraeye is Survivor - checks out

5) Faust is town Shraeye is skum - ok yeah could check out

I would really like to know more about what it is that faust knows that makes him think Shraeye is skum. I don't think there is a good world in which faust becomes the lynch today.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 23, 2020, 08:03:45 pm »

eddie - you still on that EFHW kick?
real good. That’s how

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 23, 2020, 08:06:01 pm »

eddie - you still on that EFHW kick?

It’s a happenin’ place to be.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 23, 2020, 08:13:20 pm »

Vote: EFHW
real good. That’s how

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 23, 2020, 08:13:58 pm »

Your preference is to ignore the Faust/Shraeye conflict?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 23, 2020, 08:58:08 pm »

Vote Count: 3.2

EFHW (2): uncle, DatSwan
shraeye (3): faust, EFHW, 2.7

Not Voting (4): SpaceAnemone, shraeye, skip, mail-mi

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends at 20:00 on May 1 forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 23, 2020, 09:26:38 pm »

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 23, 2020, 09:37:11 pm »

Sure; thanks, faust.  I'm glad you're so sure I'm scum that you put that out there.  Especially thanks for...hiding the part that makes you certain that I'm lying, (which you know, might actually help you convince people that I'm lying) but not hiding any of the parts where I'm dead if my enemy still lives.
(the part he left out is faust's "result" by the way. he is so convinced I am lying scum that he threatened to claim a guilty result on me, though he has no such result.  And honestly, I don't even know what part he left out.  That looks like the same thing I claimed to him)

I said faust was town because when I pointed out he would be insta-lynched when I flipped not-scum based on his exaggeration (the first thing I said in the QT, after his "claim"), he suggested he would walk back his claim if I confirmed he was town.  I did, he did not.  It's a point of contention.  I did see that ash named him using green text, but honestly given his play and how false things I "knew" to be true turned out to be, I couldn't say 100% that he's town now.

I do not know who my hunter is; I am not told if they have died. Based on what I read initially, I assumed this would be another alien.  So I didn't really mind Galz searching for aliens when I knew he couldn't find me.  My "last resort" action isn't something I will use unless, you know, it's a last resort.  My PM suggests this could "change" things, in a tone I found sinister.  I'm hoping now that it actually was Galz or cayvie or that they don't exist.  The more I read my QT, the less certain I am that there actually is such a person.  Ash's words are...not standard. And his answers have been...not direct.

I have not stopped a night-phase because that power seems VERY powerful for me later on and VERY weak for me now.  Keep in mind that I die if I'm overtargeted.  You know what's likely to happen if we get down to <6 people in RMM??  In my position, not one of you would have used this power already; blatant misuse.  e points out that this would have been the towny thing to do? Sure, you can say that (I'd disagree); but it was not pro-me to waste it early.

I assume kills fail as well; I assumed that NOTHING could happen to me at night (except waking up to realize I was dead from being targeted), which is why I've piped up twice to mention my boring nights.  faust kindly quoted one. Here's the other.  It was a shock and a half to see I was in a QT somehow.

"Um... fine."
I can see that faust is trying out sarcasm to make the point that this isn't how the conversation went....but it's literally how the conversation went.

EFHW is most right, AND asking the pertinent questions. 

Honestly DatSwan has the right of it, this is not an interesting or helpful fight.  faust is probably town; he caught a survivor and got super aggro with his assumptions.  They're wrong, but he won't back down.  So, do I want to lynch faust?  of course, but you all don't so it's not happening.  Do I want to get lynched?  No.  Is it pro-town for y'all to do either thing? Not really.

So just, move on.

I'm going to do some work tomorrow looking into productive things instead of all this faust-swagger.  Like trying to find actual scum so you can lynch them and not me.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 23, 2020, 09:42:21 pm »

I don't know what to do anymore. Shraeye seems notscum, faust is probably greentext. I'll look into EFHW again, so far my reads have been awful so maybe I should just sheep someone else.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 23, 2020, 09:43:36 pm »

Or Eddie. Has he done anything this game except push for EFHW without a case?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 23, 2020, 09:57:27 pm »

Your preference is to ignore the Faust/Shraeye conflict?

I mean not to be whatever. But is your's not?

I don't like the concept of "ignore" here specifically... I am aware of it, it matters, it is going to continue to matter.

Faust found out Galz was Survivor - pushed for galz x a million bc "he thought Galz was skum or survivor".
Now Shraeye is claimed Survivor - pushing for Shraeye x a million bc "he thinks Galz is skum".

That strikes me as weird for faust - not the outcome of galz just the concept. Like there is gonna be a survivor faction in this game most likely yeah? So if Galz/Cavie were NOT survivor faction, would that not make it like inherently more likely that Shraeye could be? Its all a big mind fuck - I can hear the WIFOM screaming back as I typed that last part out, but just try to take the general point.

Plainly put - I  believe that faust is town at this point and that Shraeye is Survivor as claimed. So, I would prefer to lynch elsewhere.
real good. That’s how

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 23, 2020, 10:46:58 pm »

It's hard to comment on faust's reasons for thinking shraeye is scum, because those reasons have not been made public. They might be good reasons.

I'd be more comfortable if he shared them.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 23, 2020, 10:48:54 pm »

sound logic there. hard to argue with that from a town pov.

thoughts faust?
real good. That’s how

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 24, 2020, 12:55:48 am »

Oh.

Has anybody targeted shraeye ever? That could be a fun way to catch him in a lie.

I've never targeted him.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: April 24, 2020, 01:00:25 am »

"Um... fine."

Not actually sure except people are probably more ready to tell the truth than to lie.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: April 24, 2020, 01:01:12 am »

I misplayed the thing though probably. I should have let shraeye claim that I was town before starting with accusations against him.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: April 24, 2020, 01:06:09 am »

It's hard to comment on faust's reasons for thinking shraeye is scum, because those reasons have not been made public. They might be good reasons.

I'd be more comfortable if he shared them.
Can do. I mean I already shared the part where he seemed to have checked for QTs and still didn't seem to have found mine. The second part is this:

The power that I used to get shraeye into the Neighborhood is one I used N1. (I did not actually target shraeye) Part of that power, in addition to being invited to the Neighborhood N2, was that all actions shraeye took N1 were block, and that he would be informed that he was unable to use night actions. However, he claimed that nothing like that happened to him over the course of the game.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: April 24, 2020, 01:10:06 am »

Faust found out Galz was Survivor - pushed for galz x a million bc "he thought Galz was skum or survivor".
Now Shraeye is claimed Survivor - pushing for Shraeye x a million bc "he thinks Galz is skum".

That strikes me as weird for faust - not the outcome of galz just the concept. Like there is gonna be a survivor faction in this game most likely yeah? So if Galz/Cavie were NOT survivor faction, would that not make it like inherently more likely that Shraeye could be? Its all a big mind fuck - I can hear the WIFOM screaming back as I typed that last part out, but just try to take the general point.

Plainly put - I  believe that faust is town at this point and that Shraeye is Survivor as claimed. So, I would prefer to lynch elsewhere.
I don't see any reason to assume that there is a Survivor in this game. But each time I have not voted for them because they claimed Survivor, but rather because their claims were inconsistent.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: April 24, 2020, 01:12:09 am »

"Um... fine."

Obviously I cannot do quotes, but I don't see how this is different from what I said happened.
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57 58 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 20 queries.