Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 225222 times)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #925 on: April 15, 2020, 10:51:45 pm »

Well, I am still open to EFHW.

And your push on me has less reasoning behind it than mine against EFHW.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: April 16, 2020, 01:30:14 am »

Got a little burnt out from work made it hard to focus here.

I still like lynching Galzria. His role is different than a standard survivor which is neat, but it is neat in an anti-town direction in that he wants a certain percentage of us dead. Wanting to kill town or not-my-faction-scum is inherently scummy.

I am willing to explore other options, need to reread skip/WCD/swan to figure out why they have votes.

Not really interested in cayvie/EFHW with the whole redirection thing that went on.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: April 16, 2020, 01:39:03 am »

And we can argue pros/cons about a survivor lynch all we want, but most survivor variants have pro-town stuff they can do to prove themselves useful, not here
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: April 16, 2020, 01:44:31 am »

Not really interested in cayvie/EFHW with the whole redirection thing that went on.
I've said this, but it seems like it got missed in the Galzria discussion - it's likely that redirection did not affect cayvie specifically, but rather all of us.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: April 16, 2020, 03:12:19 am »

I've said this, but it seems like it got missed in the Galzria discussion - it's likely that redirection did not affect cayvie specifically, but rather all of us.

That could be the case, but it seems like the impetus behind lynching EHFW was the whole idea that she was bus driven with MiX, which appears not to be the case.

So my point stands about wanting to give it a day to let the dust settle

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: April 16, 2020, 03:34:49 am »

That could be the case, but it seems like the impetus behind lynching EHFW was the whole idea that she was bus driven with MiX, which appears not to be the case.

That was never my reason.

I wanted to kill her day 1.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: April 16, 2020, 03:40:52 am »

also: it wasn't totally random that i tried to vig her last night.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: April 16, 2020, 05:47:40 am »

I still like lynching Galzria. His role is different than a standard survivor which is neat, but it is neat in an anti-town direction in that he wants a certain percentage of us dead. Wanting to kill town or not-my-faction-scum is inherently scummy.

I am willing to explore other options, need to reread skip/WCD/swan to figure out why they have votes.

Start with skip

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: April 16, 2020, 05:40:52 pm »

rereading Skip:

he spends an inordinate amount of time talking about Didds' partial claim at the beginning of the game. Possible partner there, when I'm mafia I find myself paying more attention to what my partners say. So if either flips scum, I'd want to look at the other.

*looks at available wagon options*. Sigh...

vote: pubby

Okay, so this definitely sounds like "Sigh, guess I have to join this mislynch..." Scumpoints right there.

there's some talk of a claim d1? Sounds truthful to me, a few townpoints but not many.

Oh wait, it was skip that gave me an education. I don't see what he gave me coming from a scum power (but then again, it could. WIFOM).

I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: April 16, 2020, 05:42:00 pm »

Final thoughts on skip: I think his play during the day has come up on the scummy side, but the role power that he has (which I received) is not a scum rolepower.

So, I am going to stay on WCD and I think skip is likely town, but I would be willing to join his lynch if it's our only option.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: April 16, 2020, 05:47:43 pm »

MailMi - just double checking I did not miss something. You do in fact like "know what the education is", and it is hard to believe it is from skum right? But you are keeping that to yourself for now? Just making sure I am not overlooking it if you claimed.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: April 16, 2020, 05:49:01 pm »

another clarification question..
Eddie - when you say your reasoning to EFHW is better than my reasoning on you, you are then in fact referring to you reasons from Day 1?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: April 16, 2020, 05:54:49 pm »

And we can argue pros/cons about a survivor lynch all we want, but most survivor variants have pro-town stuff they can do to prove themselves useful, not here

I mean not to be too much of WIFOM-y here... but wouldn't that reason, because of the claim and the timing of it... kind of make it more likely to be true?
Like you kind of need to pick a side here right?
If you think it is a survivor lynch we will get then, unless you think there is a role that works against us that they are not sharing, we probably wanna look elsewhere to actually lynch skum.
OTOH, if you think Galz is lying and he is himself skum... then yeah we could lynch there, or at least there would be good reason for it.

I get the reasoning behind "he is never flipping town, so it is safe". But we are down and out a bit here. If we are gonna be wrong today, we at least need to be wrong on someone that we can get some info out of for read backs. Lynching Galz would be safe today, but if he flips what he says he is... we are gonna be pretty rough off tomorrow.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: April 16, 2020, 05:56:08 pm »

feel free to read away... but I do not believe I have any votes.
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: April 16, 2020, 05:56:36 pm »

MailMi - just double checking I did not miss something. You do in fact like "know what the education is", and it is hard to believe it is from skum right? But you are keeping that to yourself for now? Just making sure I am not overlooking it if you claimed.

Yes, I know what the "education" is (or at least am 99.9% certain that skip is referring to what I received) and it is hard to believe it would come from scum.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #940 on: April 16, 2020, 07:11:50 pm »

武士、この戦争はすぐに終わります。 私たちの勝利は輝かしいでしょう。 人間の降参があるまで、輸送問題のため口糧は半減されます。 地元の動物を自由に食べて、食事を補ってください。 フクロウと呼ばれる有翼動物は特に美味しいです。 エスフェニーに栄光を!

"Samurai, this war will soon be over. Our victory will be brilliant. Until humans surrender, food is cut in half due to transportation problems."

Oh that can't possibly be important at all...

Scum points to Mail-mi for not translating the whole message :-P

When I put it through Google translate, I get: "Samurai, this war will soon end. Our victory will be brilliant. Until humans surrender, food is cut in half due to transportation problems. Feel free to eat local animals and supplement your diet. The winged animals called owls are especially delicious. Glory to Spheny!"

That seems way more important and relevant to the game and its players, and I'd hate Ash's efforts to go unappreciated!
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #941 on: April 16, 2020, 07:25:48 pm »

武士、この戦争はすぐに終わります。 私たちの勝利は輝かしいでしょう。 人間の降参があるまで、輸送問題のため口糧は半減されます。 地元の動物を自由に食べて、食事を補ってください。 フクロウと呼ばれる有翼動物は特に美味しいです。 エスフェニーに栄光を!

"Samurai, this war will soon be over. Our victory will be brilliant. Until humans surrender, food is cut in half due to transportation problems."

Oh that can't possibly be important at all...

Scum points to Mail-mi for not translating the whole message :-P

When I put it through Google translate, I get: "Samurai, this war will soon end. Our victory will be brilliant. Until humans surrender, food is cut in half due to transportation problems. Feel free to eat local animals and supplement your diet. The winged animals called owls are especially delicious. Glory to Spheny!"

That seems way more important and relevant to the game and its players, and I'd hate Ash's efforts to go unappreciated!

oh oops. Didds will be unhappy that the owls are getting eaten.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: April 16, 2020, 07:35:23 pm »

Hahaha, aww, poor Didds.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: April 16, 2020, 08:11:42 pm »

Okay, it might be time for me to start asking people questions.

@Galz, early in the game (around #220), you were voting Cayvie, along with pubby and MiX. A little later one, Didds joined the wagon, though at #275 you moved off to the growing MiX wagon. Anyway, in that period where you and two flipped townies were voting Cayvie, what's your best guess about what scum was up to?

A similar question to @Mail-mi, about the MiX wagon from about #400. The wagon reached 7 at its peak (#320), but then faust moved off. LL and pubby were there, as was claimed-third-party Galz. Swan left the wagon at #409. What is your impression of the scum team's movements at that point, in terms of where they were voting if the MiX mislynch perhaps wasn't a big focus for them? Do you infer anything about Shraeye's or Swan's alignment?

I think the answers will be more informative other players can please refrain from responding on behalf of the people I'm asking, at least before they've had a chance to give a complete response. I'm hoping my IC-ness will allow me to be a little bit demanding for the next 48 hours :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: April 16, 2020, 09:11:50 pm »

@Galz, early in the game (around #220), you were voting Cayvie, along with pubby and MiX. A little later one, Didds joined the wagon, though at #275 you moved off to the growing MiX wagon. Anyway, in that period where you and two flipped townies were voting Cayvie, what's your best guess about what scum was up to?

I'm using this to distract myself from the work that I'm supposed to be doing... and that I promised would be done by tomorrow morning but still has about 12 hours of work to be done (gonna be a long night). If I don't close the tab, I can't help but refresh it, and then I end up reading & posting &... damnit. Alright. C'mon Galz. Answer and get back to work. :P

Strictly speaking, the problem with answering your question is that I don't know Cayvie's alignment. My current thought is that she's some form of SK variant, but I don't actually know. She could be town, she could be traditional scum.

Let's assume she's town. I popped onto her because of a very small thing that stood out to me - something she confirmed was a good read generally, even if it was wrong in this specific situation. Mix (town), and Pubby (town) both voted for her as well. I would expect, if Cayvie is town (or even SK - "not-scum" as I'm using it), at least one traditional scum would find their way over to that wagon. It wasn't enough of a case to drive home a lynch, but it was good enough (and with Cayvie saying so herself) that a vote there could go generally unnoticed or criticized. As per VC 1.5 - that would make WCD.

Then the MiX (town) wagon began to be a thing. As I said at the time, MiX and his reactions are extremely predictable. I voted him because I wanted to drive the wagon up - not to see how MiX responded, but to see how everybody else responded. 

So, honestly, look at VC 1.7. On wagon when I voted was Mail (unknown), Shraeye (unknown), Swan (unknown). Voting after me was faust (unknown), LaLight (town), pubby (town). This is one of the reasons faust is higher up on my "possibly scum" list. I know that I'm not town - but I'm also not scum - I don't believe the MiX wagon finished with 4x"not-scum" votes. Although it's not impossible, and also not impossible is that I'm wrong about one of Mail-Mi, Shraeye & Swan. If I were to pick one to be wrong about, it would be Shraeye - but I honestly read him (as well as the other two) as townie overall, so... eh.

But if you believe that there was only one traditional scum on that wagon, and if you work under the assumption that Cayvie is not traditional scum, then there are probably two scum left out there amongst WCD, Uncle, EFHW, Skip & e!. You'll notice that in my reads list in #729, WCD is top of my scum list, and EFHW, Skip and e! are all middling. The only one of those that I'm town reading is Uncle.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: April 16, 2020, 09:12:05 pm »

And now... I really do have to get myself back to work! :P

Mafia Record:

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: April 16, 2020, 10:02:17 pm »

A similar question to @Mail-mi, about the MiX wagon from about #400. The wagon reached 7 at its peak (#320), but then faust moved off. LL and pubby were there, as was claimed-third-party Galz. Swan left the wagon at #409. What is your impression of the scum team's movements at that point, in terms of where they were voting if the MiX mislynch perhaps wasn't a big focus for them? Do you infer anything about Shraeye's or Swan's alignment?

I think the answers will be more informative other players can please refrain from responding on behalf of the people I'm asking, at least before they've had a chance to give a complete response. I'm hoping my IC-ness will allow me to be a little bit demanding for the next 48 hours :-)

Currently busy, tagging this to answer later

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: April 16, 2020, 11:23:39 pm »

rereading Skip:

he spends an inordinate amount of time talking about Didds' partial claim at the beginning of the game. Possible partner there, when I'm mafia I find myself paying more attention to what my partners say. So if either flips scum, I'd want to look at the other.
I think it was a fairly ordinate amount of time actually. The claim was a key thing that was going on at the time and at least one person (don't remember if more) was voting based on it, and my current read on didds (town) is in large part based on the conversation I had with her about it. So if it helped nobody else, at the very least it helped me.

*looks at available wagon options*. Sigh...

vote: pubby

Okay, so this definitely sounds like "Sigh, guess I have to join this mislynch..." Scumpoints right there.
I don't remember 100% what I was thinking but it was probably that the wagon I wanted (eddie, whom I'm now leaning town towards, btw) wasn't going anywhere so I had to give it up.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: April 16, 2020, 11:25:04 pm »

@mod, as of post 750 I have been voting for galz

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: April 16, 2020, 11:29:20 pm »

I am in total agreement with Faust that galz is hiding something. Unfortunately, since nobody else expressed that opinion, we haven't really made a compelling incentive for him to tell the truth.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 15 queries.