Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 226025 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #875 on: April 15, 2020, 04:43:06 am »

You’re ridiculous.
But sure, you don't make personal attacks  ::)
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: April 15, 2020, 04:44:07 am »

You’re ridiculous.

I stand by that one. You’re ridiculous. :P
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #877 on: April 15, 2020, 04:45:07 am »

You’re ridiculous.

Cool. Need I remind you that at some point in your life you signed a civility pledge?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #878 on: April 15, 2020, 04:50:01 am »

You’re ridiculous.

Cool. Need I remind you that at some point in your life you signed a civility pledge?

Point? I’m not being uncivil. I’m stating that the scenario you’re putting forward as being most likely is ridiculous.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #879 on: April 15, 2020, 04:58:41 am »

You’re ridiculous.

Point? I’m not being uncivil. I’m stating that the scenario you’re putting forward as being most likely is ridiculous.
No, you are stating that I, as a person, am ridiculous.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #880 on: April 15, 2020, 05:10:56 am »

Faust, I apologize if you’re feeling attacked. I personally feel that the scenario that you’ve put forth is ridiculous - ridiculous used here to mean “silly”. The logic you’re following, the narrative that you’re suggesting exists, just doesn’t make any sense to me. You’re suggesting that I’ve lied about something that, regardless of my alignment, makes no sense for me to lie about - a very easy and verifiable fact from multiple sources. Lying about something like that, as Town, as scum, as SK, or as Survivor simply seems silly, and the premise that you’re putting forward that I’ve done so seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Not only because I know the truth of my role, but also because...  c’mon... how does that even make sense?

Regardless, even if I personally feel that it is ridiculous, you clearly do not. So I’m sorry for putting my belief squarely on you, and I’m sorry that my calling you ridiculous was received as an attack. I meant it more to express my feelings on your premise, and to lighten the mood - I would also say Didd’s fetish with Owls is ridiculous, but I wouldn’t change that about her! I love ridiculous! - my attempt at lightening this way obviously was ill received, and I’m sorry.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #881 on: April 15, 2020, 05:16:15 am »

Faust, I apologize if you’re feeling attacked. I personally feel that the scenario that you’ve put forth is ridiculous - ridiculous used here to mean “silly”. The logic you’re following, the narrative that you’re suggesting exists, just doesn’t make any sense to me. You’re suggesting that I’ve lied about something that, regardless of my alignment, makes no sense for me to lie about - a very easy and verifiable fact from multiple sources. Lying about something like that, as Town, as scum, as SK, or as Survivor simply seems silly, and the premise that you’re putting forward that I’ve done so seems absolutely ridiculous to me. Not only because I know the truth of my role, but also because...  c’mon... how does that even make sense?

Regardless, even if I personally feel that it is ridiculous, you clearly do not. So I’m sorry for putting my belief squarely on you, and I’m sorry that my calling you ridiculous was received as an attack. I meant it more to express my feelings on your premise, and to lighten the mood - I would also say Didd’s fetish with Owls is ridiculous, but I wouldn’t change that about her! I love ridiculous! - my attempt at lightening this way obviously was ill received, and I’m sorry.
Thank you for the apology. No hard feelings.

I don't know what's going on with your role, and the possibilities are endless, so I can't think them all through. I've put forward scenarios where you might say the wrong number, not because I think that these are what happened necessarily, but because they show that something like that could have happened. I find it difficult to believe that any player in this game, as any alignment, would receive an invitation to a neighborhood without more explanation and choose to not participate. Staying silent could be even more incriminating for scum than talking, they wouldn't know that noone knows they're in the neighborhood.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #882 on: April 15, 2020, 05:34:30 am »

First, the argument that the numbers in the QT  didn’t match my claim. So... I would lie about that confirmable piece of information because...? yeah. Real smart of me. Or, you know, the more logical explanation is that somebody didn’t post (lazy or scum, who knows).
Obviously, the answer is - because you didn't know better. Like for example the recruitment to the QT was actually targeted, you targeted 4 players, it failed on one without your knowledge.

Second, bolded, I did clarify. You didn’t bother to circle back to that point though and ask me why I hadn’t yet (as it’s clear you missed it), did you? ... - or you’re just choosing to ignore it. Whichever.
Oh yeah, you did answer (when pressed about it, not on your own). And the answer is... ashersky didn't clarify. Which is funny because all the questions I asked about my role received clear and unambiguous answers from ashersky, even though they could have been answered by "you'll see when you get there". I don't believe that ashersky has a double standard in modding.

Clarification from a guy watching outside the ring - op says he won’t answer certain shit. And i can confirm that is true.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #883 on: April 15, 2020, 05:35:54 am »

Assume then, as you do, that there’s something I’m not saying about my role (and there isn’t, nor am I going to lie and make something up): Do you believe, given the verifiable parts of my claim thusfar, and given the unverified parts of my claim that I’ve made, that there’s a narrative that makes sense for me to be scum? Unforced claim. Willing to lynch myself. Weird af role that has an amount of detail provided that would seem crazy to have completely made up - and has verifiable bits...

Sure, I get you believe I’m not revealing everything. And it’s entirely your choice to have that belief. But I struggle to see where, even if that were true, I would be scum (and not just, like, a more dangerous version of what I’ve claimed). For me, what I particularly don’t like is that you’re holding that over me when I HAVE revealed everything... so you put me in an impossible situation. But that’s a different matter entirely.

Mafia Record:

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #884 on: April 15, 2020, 05:37:38 am »

Regarding WCD being scum: I did provide my reasons. Two of them.

The first is that she has a tell. If I’m correct, which I believe I am, I’m not really interested in divulging it as it’s usefulness ceases to exist the moment she can alter it - and it’s not so prevalent yet that she can’t simply say “nun-uh!” here and now, change it going forward, and it would get overlooked. Anybody that’s actually interested in finding it has access to all the same data points that I do.

The second is that in re-reading the thread from start to finish, I find it really rather clear at multiple points in time that she’s not playing to a Town wincon. You can feel free to disagree. Swan clearly does. Reads are inherently biased, and everybody is entitled to make their own judgements. I’m not going to write a novel using the same posts everybody else is welcome to go back and read themselves already just to have Faust go “no, that’s townie of her”. You feel that way? Cool. I don’t. That’s my read. My having that read doesn’t make me scum anymore than Swan is scum for town reading her.

Do you feel like if i read you it would read like you playing to a town win con?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #885 on: April 15, 2020, 05:44:10 am »

Regarding WCD being scum: I did provide my reasons. Two of them.

The first is that she has a tell. If I’m correct, which I believe I am, I’m not really interested in divulging it as it’s usefulness ceases to exist the moment she can alter it - and it’s not so prevalent yet that she can’t simply say “nun-uh!” here and now, change it going forward, and it would get overlooked. Anybody that’s actually interested in finding it has access to all the same data points that I do.

The second is that in re-reading the thread from start to finish, I find it really rather clear at multiple points in time that she’s not playing to a Town wincon. You can feel free to disagree. Swan clearly does. Reads are inherently biased, and everybody is entitled to make their own judgements. I’m not going to write a novel using the same posts everybody else is welcome to go back and read themselves already just to have Faust go “no, that’s townie of her”. You feel that way? Cool. I don’t. That’s my read. My having that read doesn’t make me scum anymore than Swan is scum for town reading her.

Do you feel like if i read you it would read like you playing to a town win con?

I think you would read that I was weirdly disengaged D1. Definitely not playing towards a Town wincon. Maybe scum. Maybe other. Unknown.

I would hope that D2 would shed light on why my play was off-tilt D1. And I would hope that you read that I genuinely wanted to hunt scum at this time.

So yeah. Right now? Today? Day 2? Yes. And if between now and when Day 3 begins, if no Scum Aliens flip, then continued yes - working towards a Town wincon. If we saw a scum Alien flip though, I wouldn’t begrudge you being uncertain to what goals I was playing. I honestly wouldn’t know myself!

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: April 15, 2020, 05:48:44 am »

Assume then, as you do, that there’s something I’m not saying about my role (and there isn’t, nor am I going to lie and make something up): Do you believe, given the verifiable parts of my claim thusfar, and given the unverified parts of my claim that I’ve made, that there’s a narrative that makes sense for me to be scum? Unforced claim. Willing to lynch myself. Weird af role that has an amount of detail provided that would seem crazy to have completely made up - and has verifiable bits...

Sure, I get you believe I’m not revealing everything. And it’s entirely your choice to have that belief. But I struggle to see where, even if that were true, I would be scum (and not just, like, a more dangerous version of what I’ve claimed). For me, what I particularly don’t like is that you’re holding that over me when I HAVE revealed everything... so you put me in an impossible situation. But that’s a different matter entirely.
I believe that you could be scum (as in, mafia-scum), yes. But it also doesn't matter. I believe that you're not telling us everything, and regardless of whether you're traditional scum or not that is reason enough. You're a threat and other scum certainly won't nightkill you.

Claim wasn't all that unforced either, given that you were that main wagon at the time.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: April 15, 2020, 05:54:35 am »

I believe that you could be scum (as in, mafia-scum), yes. But it also doesn't matter. I believe that you're not telling us everything, and regardless of whether you're traditional scum or not that is reason enough. You're a threat and other scum certainly won't nightkill you.

Claim wasn't all that unforced either, given that you were that main wagon at the time.

EFHW had the same number votes that I did, and we were both L-3, with 5 days to deadline - with the most recent two votes made shifting direction towards Skip. You and I clearly disagree on what “the main wagon” and “unforced” mean.

Mafia Record:

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: April 15, 2020, 06:20:49 am »

i feel like we need to lynch mafia today and galz isn't it
Yeah, come join on on this skip business

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: April 15, 2020, 06:27:07 am »

I think you would read that I was weirdly disengaged D1.
Galz, you're always disengaged on D1, so it's not weird.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: April 15, 2020, 06:30:36 am »

Swan & Mail-Mi, as my top two towniest people, what are your thoughts on Skip? Space, your thoughts (in general)?

I could be convinced to vote skip. I generally Town read Shraeye, and while I think Cayvie is scum, I think she’s SK, so I think I trust her to be “hunting” scum here. Skip is in my middle ground, but is a concession I could make over WCD.

Mafia Record:

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: April 15, 2020, 06:33:51 am »

Swan & Mail-Mi, as my top two towniest people, what are your thoughts on Skip? Space, your thoughts (in general)?
Why are those two towny anyways?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: April 15, 2020, 06:41:04 am »

I think you would read that I was weirdly disengaged D1.
Galz, you're always disengaged on D1, so it's not weird.

I disagree. The last non-BM game I was in, iZombie, I had 19 posts Day 1 out of 294 total. With 14 people in the game that’s an average of 21. That’s hardly disengaged compared to the average person.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: April 15, 2020, 06:46:04 am »

Why are those two towny anyways?

Because they’ve reacted to various things in townie ways. If you want what I feel to be specific examples, you’ll need to wait until tomorrow when it’s not almost 4:00am my time and I’m at my computer (which has my detailed notes). But if you’re expecting more than “because that’s how I’ve read them”, expect to be disappointed. I don’t have the ability to do anything more than form opinions based on what people post.

Mafia Record:

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: April 15, 2020, 07:15:59 am »

I would also say Didd’s fetish with Owls is ridiculous, but I wouldn’t change that about her! I love ridiculous!

Dude! Every game would be dramatically better if everyone were required to post at least 3 owl memes. Dramatically. Better.

I would also accept any other cute or disarmingly charming animal, but probably not reptiles.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: April 15, 2020, 09:37:26 am »

Isn't your survival more important to you than whether or not WCD may do something more damning if you are not upfront about your accusations? Why would you even care whether your scumread is correct?

This point by faust got my attention. Why are you scumhunting, Galz?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: April 15, 2020, 09:49:22 am »

Isn't your survival more important to you than whether or not WCD may do something more damning if you are not upfront about your accusations? Why would you even care whether your scumread is correct?

This point by faust got my attention. Why are you scumhunting, Galz?

Having read further, I see that you think there must be aliens among the scum. I think alien/human was probably assigned randomly.

There could be a delusional human faction. Seeing as we were given a free IC, I think there must be pretty significant threats against town. More than a mafia team and a weakened vig. Unless the mafia team is unusually large, I guess.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: April 15, 2020, 10:21:21 am »

I could be convinced to vote skip. I generally Town read Shraeye, and while I think Cayvie is scum, I think she’s SK, so I think I trust her to be “hunting” scum here. Skip is in my middle ground, but is a concession I could make over WCD.

I would have to look him over again, because right now I'm pretty null on him. Would be willing to move over.

FWIW, I believe Galz in this claim. And there's no reason to lunch him because, like he's stated, he's helping town right now, and we could use our lunch in better places.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: April 15, 2020, 10:35:43 am »

FWIW, I believe Galz in this claim. And there's no reason to lunch him because, like he's stated, he's helping town right now, and we could use our lunch in better places.
Yeah, we should just lynch people who will state that they're not helping town! Scumhunting can be so easy!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: April 15, 2020, 10:38:05 am »

Yeah, we should just lynch people who will state that they're not helping town! Scumhunting can be so easy!
::)
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.