Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 99  All

Author Topic: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Game Over)  (Read 225222 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM55: Falling Skies Mafia 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #300 on: April 02, 2020, 04:02:52 am »

Kewl. Now I'm happy.

Vote: MiX L-2

were you unhappy before? what is the context of this post, weirdo?

Context:
I like to vote for MiX as much as the next guy, but this scumslip argument is thin like butter spread over too much bread.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: April 02, 2020, 04:11:12 am »

this day has been so weird, i'm gonna vote: DatSwan. i really don't like how he misrepresented galz's case against me. it was a better case than that! not a correct one, sure, but a pretty good day 1 case, all things considered.

i mean maybe it's just that galz is fairly unusual in that he had significant experience playing with me in the olden days, so i actually give some credence to his thoughts on "how cayvie plays".

but it's weird how swan dismisses galz like that. actually it's not weird--it's buddying.
I gotta say, I'm totally with swan on that, but maybe you could supply me with some background.

In your own estimation, how likely would you say you are to catch the win-con thing?
Are you more likely to catch it as town?
If so, how much more likely?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 02, 2020, 08:48:52 am »

Vote: Galzria

Shock and surprise!

I’m much more interested in other’s opinions than your reaction here, MiX. Carry on.
I am surprised.  I had expected him to say "bad and town" again.

Or maybe he's playing duck duck grey duck.  Now you gotta chase him around the circle.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 02, 2020, 08:52:11 am »

It’s very grumpy old man.
More channeling shraeye

I see you, says one gray hair to another
Maybe I was born with it; maybe it's Maybelline; but probably it's the stress and tedium of reminding 80-120 students a semester that the answer to every question they've ever asked me is already in the syllabus.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: April 02, 2020, 08:53:45 am »

Cayvie claiming here is just completely out of character for her
Is it?

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 02, 2020, 09:12:24 am »

Mix post, then Mix post, then Mix post (but I think this one's scummy, take note of how he's not scumreading pubby for doing this thing that could be looked as a softclaim like he did when he was scum), then Mix post, then Mix post, then Mix post. Okay, now after this wall, my real argument

POST # 202 - MiX votes for Cayvie
hi galz! i feel like this reputation i've somehow garnered of "literally on point with nearly everything" is both inaccurate and unhelpful for me (you'd think i'd, like, win games ever if i was that good), and yet it's not the first time i've heard it. i don't like it, and it also feels futile to fight it; what am i supposed to do, make intentional mistakes? pay less attention?

i had legitimately not put it together that the wincon was different from normal until faust pointed it out; i assumed it was just an equivalent phrasing for the normal wincon and not put much thought into it.

and while it is true that it is unusual for me to claim quickly/unprompted (have I ever partially claimed d1 before? i don't think so), i did claim quickly at the start of d2 in BM29, which you were in (if dead at the time). i claimed here bc my role is verging on bastard territory and is likely to make me look bad if i use it. so i figure maybe it'd be more helpful to be public about that ahead of time? and also because the conversation was lagging, and i felt like i didn't have anything to talk about.

To live up to the reputation, just play better as town, not worse as scum. But you're scum, so you can't do the first one, right? I understand, I remember when I got scum after my first game and it was incredibly hard to get a motivation to improve my play.

Vote: cayvie

So I lied I am gonna throw a vote down.

Vote: MiX

Cayvie posts the response about not seeing the town win con prior to anything in the quotes above. In post #124 MiX finds Cayvie skummy for a different thing. Then over the course of the next half the game, MiX moves their votes from *not Cayvie* to *not Cayvie* to *not Cayvie*. Then Galz posts up the thing, Mail Mi jumps on board, and all of a sudden Cayvie is worth the vote? I will concede MiX is MiX and def throws the votes around a lot, so that is kind of NAI. But going 80 game posts, several vote changes and like 10 other responses without wanting to point this out - that is strange.
Kind of a compliment to MiX's game I suppose in the same way Galz's case was to Cayvie - I don't think MiX waits on a case if they have one, and I def don't think they needed Galz to summarize the cayvie case to the extent they did in order to piece it together.

TLDR - MiX throws suspicion around and then ends up on a convenient wagon in a convenient spot.

That was long. sorry.

TLDR: MiX has a scumread and then voted when said scumread is stronger.

Vote: Swan

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 02, 2020, 09:41:49 am »

this day has been so weird, i'm gonna vote: DatSwan. i really don't like how he misrepresented galz's case against me. it was a better case than that! not a correct one, sure, but a pretty good day 1 case, all things considered.

i mean maybe it's just that galz is fairly unusual in that he had significant experience playing with me in the olden days, so i actually give some credence to his thoughts on "how cayvie plays".

but it's weird how swan dismisses galz like that. actually it's not weird--it's buddying.
I gotta say, I'm totally with swan on that, but maybe you could supply me with some background.

In your own estimation, how likely would you say you are to catch the win-con thing?

oh probably 80% likely. and yeah more likely to catch it as town. maybe 85%. i just didn't!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: April 02, 2020, 09:44:06 am »

oh probably 80% likely. and yeah more likely to catch it as town. maybe 85%. i just didn't!

"I'm about 80% likely to catch it, and if I'm town 85%"

Just claim scum already!

Vote: cayvie, I can't join a wagon you're in anymore.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 02, 2020, 05:36:31 pm »

did you not see the slew of questions I directed at galz followed by the I would like some answers post? I am def not buddying galz - if anything I am buddying you.

My current options to choose between, based on cases I can cultivate without being ridiculous or just isolating lurkers, consist of:

1. Eddie - tried, still would like it, but nothing has happened to build upon it. So I looked to contribute elsewhere
2. You/Cayvie - Which as I pointed out multiple times, the cases that are being made I do not like. Therefore, I am suspicious of Galz (thus the mini-interrogation) and I am suspicious of MiX (thus the vote).
3. MiX - See the wall post.

I am re reading that and it comes of as sarcastic, but it is not meant to. I am just trying to clarify that you actually are getting the facts of what is happening straight here.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 02, 2020, 05:38:44 pm »

did you not see the slew of questions I directed at galz followed by the I would like some answers post? I am def not buddying galz - if anything I am buddying you.

My current options to choose between, based on cases I can cultivate without being ridiculous or just isolating lurkers, consist of:

1. Eddie - tried, still would like it, but nothing has happened to build upon it. So I looked to contribute elsewhere
2. You/Cayvie - Which as I pointed out multiple times, the cases that are being made I do not like. Therefore, I am suspicious of Galz (thus the mini-interrogation) and I am suspicious of MiX (thus the vote).
3. MiX - See the wall post.

I am re reading that and it comes of as sarcastic, but it is not meant to. I am just trying to clarify that you actually are getting the facts of what is happening straight here.

Just a FYI, you buddied Galzria when you said I must've voted cayvie because of Galzria's case. That is what you said, wasn't it? That's your case on me, that town!MiX doesn't need the Galzria case to vote cayvie? If not I would like a clarification.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: April 02, 2020, 05:48:52 pm »

Mix post, then Mix post, then Mix post (but I think this one's scummy, take note of how he's not scumreading pubby for doing this thing that could be looked as a softclaim like he did when he was scum), then Mix post, then Mix post, then Mix post. Okay, now after this wall, my real argument

POST # 202 - MiX votes for Cayvie
hi galz! i feel like this reputation i've somehow garnered of "literally on point with nearly everything" is both inaccurate and unhelpful for me (you'd think i'd, like, win games ever if i was that good), and yet it's not the first time i've heard it. i don't like it, and it also feels futile to fight it; what am i supposed to do, make intentional mistakes? pay less attention?

i had legitimately not put it together that the wincon was different from normal until faust pointed it out; i assumed it was just an equivalent phrasing for the normal wincon and not put much thought into it.

and while it is true that it is unusual for me to claim quickly/unprompted (have I ever partially claimed d1 before? i don't think so), i did claim quickly at the start of d2 in BM29, which you were in (if dead at the time). i claimed here bc my role is verging on bastard territory and is likely to make me look bad if i use it. so i figure maybe it'd be more helpful to be public about that ahead of time? and also because the conversation was lagging, and i felt like i didn't have anything to talk about.

To live up to the reputation, just play better as town, not worse as scum. But you're scum, so you can't do the first one, right? I understand, I remember when I got scum after my first game and it was incredibly hard to get a motivation to improve my play.

Vote: cayvie

So I lied I am gonna throw a vote down.

Vote: MiX

Cayvie posts the response about not seeing the town win con prior to anything in the quotes above. In post #124 MiX finds Cayvie skummy for a different thing. Then over the course of the next half the game, MiX moves their votes from *not Cayvie* to *not Cayvie* to *not Cayvie*. Then Galz posts up the thing, Mail Mi jumps on board, and all of a sudden Cayvie is worth the vote? I will concede MiX is MiX and def throws the votes around a lot, so that is kind of NAI. But going 80 game posts, several vote changes and like 10 other responses without wanting to point this out - that is strange.
Kind of a compliment to MiX's game I suppose in the same way Galz's case was to Cayvie - I don't think MiX waits on a case if they have one, and I def don't think they needed Galz to summarize the cayvie case to the extent they did in order to piece it together.

TLDR - MiX throws suspicion around and then ends up on a convenient wagon in a convenient spot.

That was long. sorry.

TLDR: MiX has a scumread and then voted when said scumread is stronger.

Vote: Swan

ok. fair enough. that could be true I suppose. So then, explain to me how the strength of your skumread on cayvie got to a point at which it was "stronger" that it was originally. Specifically, how were Eddie and E! "stronger" skum reads to you at the time of you voting them than Cavyvie. 
and then something changed, that gave a stronger skum read. So your read on cayvie was less than E and eddie at the time, but something that happened (that was not Galz post, but intuition that gave you more of a read) that made you lean skummier on Cayvie - what was that?
real good. That’s how

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: April 02, 2020, 05:52:25 pm »

I mean Eddie is an easy wagon. MiX is an easy wagon, nail-mi is an easy wagon, apparently I am the easy wagon so what do we do now?

vote: Eddie

Vote cayvie, I promise that, although it will be one of the hardest wagons, we will pull through and lynch the scum on the other side of this dark tunnel! Who's with me?

How are you so confident?

I know MiX is usually pretty brash as town, but this feels like MiX is overplaying his brashness, faking it 'cause he's scum.

MiX, I would like an answer to the above question.

Read my cases? I don't understand the question.

So far the case seems to be "she's not as ultra-effective town as normal" which as Faust says is an unfair standard to hold her to. So not much of a case, unless you can point me to some other things.

That’s not at all the case. Nobody expects her (or anybody) to be “ultra-effective town”. She’s as likely as the next person to be wrong or right with her reads. What I do think of Cayvie is that she’s ridiculously sharp, and rarely a thing is going to slip past her notice. To that point, I think scum!cayvie is just slightly more likely to overlook the exact wording of the Town wincon - as it’s extremely close to normal and wouldn’t effect her directly. Town!Cayvie, in my opinion, would be more in tune with something that impacted her.

Cayvie claiming here is just completely out of character for her - but I think is NAI (maybe?) as I’m not sure she would be so bold as scum to go completely against her established Town meta views. So I’m reserving exclusive judgement on this specific data point, even if it combines with the above to put her squarely in my scummy category.

Thanks for clarifying! I see, the case makes a little bit more sense to me now, but not so good like MiX is saying.

would not be unhappy with a cayvie lynch, but still much prefer MiX.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: April 02, 2020, 05:58:09 pm »

Maybe the thing I quoted when I voted for cayvie, Swan. Maybe it was that.

For mail-mi, it's the combination of things that cayvie would do as town but isn't doing this game that is making me vote for her. They're too many for her to be town in my opinion.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: April 02, 2020, 06:12:46 pm »

Maybe the thing I quoted when I voted for cayvie, Swan. Maybe it was that.

For mail-mi, it's the combination of things that cayvie would do as town but isn't doing this game that is making me vote for her. They're too many for her to be town in my opinion.

So you just needed galz to point it out? That's my hang up. The thing you quoted is referencing the oversight that cayvie made quite some time previously. Did you not catch it then?
real good. That’s how

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 02, 2020, 06:29:56 pm »

So this is the post. I don't like the part where cayvie thinks the way to fight a good reputation is to play worse. The true way to fight it is to live up to it, because if you don't you get lynched, that's what a reputation is. I also don't like the "you'd think I'd win" part, being on point on things isn't being on point on reads, and that's really the goal of this game. The comparison to BM29 also feels out of place and it's a completely different scenario, with there someone had basically claimed a guilty result on cayvie and so she claimed in response. Talking about a claim isn't talking about something that can get you reads, or get the game going, making a case is. I don't like the "?" near the end, expresses doubt which is not what you want to show, but is a truth scum like to say.

The throwaway defense about not noticing the wincon and later saying she usually notices it also feels contradictory, but when I voted based on this post it was fine, honestly neither did I, I just noticed the thing that was incredibly useful in the prequel game.

So that's, I think, all I scumread from that post. It's a lot, so I voted, but I honestly just needed the first part about playing worse. Town is optimistic. Scum is pessimistic. This is something I've noticed, town has to stay positive to win, scum doesn't.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: April 02, 2020, 08:56:19 pm »

Vote Count 1.6:

cayvie (3): pubby, WCD, MiX
uncle (2): skip, LaLight
MiX (5): mail-mi, shraeye, Galzria, DatSwan, faust
EFHW (1): uncle
WCD (1): EFHW
DatSwan (1): cayvie

Not Voting (1): 2.7

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch. Day 1 ends Tuesday, April 7 at 10:00 a.m.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: April 02, 2020, 09:17:26 pm »

So this is the post. I don't like the part where cayvie thinks the way to fight a good reputation is to play worse. The true way to fight it is to live up to it, because if you don't you get lynched, that's what a reputation is. I also don't like the "you'd think I'd win" part, being on point on things isn't being on point on reads, and that's really the goal of this game. The comparison to BM29 also feels out of place and it's a completely different scenario, with there someone had basically claimed a guilty result on cayvie and so she claimed in response. Talking about a claim isn't talking about something that can get you reads, or get the game going, making a case is. I don't like the "?" near the end, expresses doubt which is not what you want to show, but is a truth scum like to say.

The throwaway defense about not noticing the wincon and later saying she usually notices it also feels contradictory, but when I voted based on this post it was fine, honestly neither did I, I just noticed the thing that was incredibly useful in the prequel game.

So that's, I think, all I scumread from that post. It's a lot, so I voted, but I honestly just needed the first part about playing worse. Town is optimistic. Scum is pessimistic. This is something I've noticed, town has to stay positive to win, scum doesn't.

Heh maybe that's what you're seeing then, because I'm definitely a lot more pessimistic than I was even two weeks ago.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 02, 2020, 09:19:42 pm »

Right?! It’s so hard to stay positive.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 02, 2020, 09:23:11 pm »

Heh maybe that's what you're seeing then, because I'm definitely a lot more pessimistic than I was even two weeks ago.

I mean...but...you can't...sigh...

Yeah just change yourself from one game to another. Sure. I'll believe it when you flip. I don't care, I don't...like the "Heh" at the start of that post, because it goes against how negative the rest of the post is. It feels like, ha, gotcha, I have an argument.

This can be true, but I refuse to read based on it. I refuse to be beaten like this. I'm actually sad now. Good job. Now flip.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: April 02, 2020, 09:37:20 pm »

what.. is going on

vote: MiX
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

pubby

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 02, 2020, 09:51:45 pm »

vote: MiX

L-1  8)

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: April 02, 2020, 10:04:33 pm »

Pubby, stop being evil.

MiX is probably good.

Calling it now, if MiX is bad, ima just be a bit miffed.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 02, 2020, 11:41:06 pm »

This wagon is wild and super early and I'm not for it.

This game is really really alien feeling. Like mafia on the moon or something, the in game physics feels really different

she/her

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 02, 2020, 11:59:39 pm »

Pubby/EFHW are where I’m at right now.

With some honorable mentions that I won’t mention at this time.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: April 03, 2020, 12:12:32 am »

Pubby/EFHW are where I’m at right now.

With some honorable mentions that I won’t mention at this time.
Let's vote: pubby, I really didn't like that l-1 vote

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 99  All

Page created in 0.062 seconds with 16 queries.