Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia VII: Speaker for the Veterans (Town wins!)  (Read 91540 times)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia VII: Speaker for the Veterans (Day 1)
« Reply #275 on: December 17, 2012, 10:34:46 pm »

Okay, sorry guys. Had a surprise-house party, didn't get online all day (except for opening the forums out of habit a couple of times when switching music or something, didn't read anything until now). Dedication to the game though, it's 5:30 am and I'm drunk and just read through 6 pages and commenting now.

Sparky, it's unfair to call me a lurker if I just haven't been online. I did the best I could to contribute when I was still online. That being said, sorry I missed the last 24 hours. First 5 were because of sleeping, the following 19 were because of going christmas shopping and then having people over.

Jimmmm, I posted that and then didn't come to the forums. I do apologize again or missing a day, these are critical I know.

Don't really have an opinion on the Robz-Grujah issue (SORRY I DONT), however I was expecting Insomniac to claim mason for quite a few pages. You should really just out your buddy asap, prolonging it serves no purpose whatsoever. Isn't me, finally I get to claim VT!

Vote: SfS. I feel my gut reads him pretty well. Don't really have any other reads (except for obviously trusting Insomniac). Going to sleeps now, I'll wake up in 7 hours or so, will have stuff happening tomorrow as well but should have limited computer availability and will at least check stuff from phone as often as I can which should be enough. Actually planned an IRL-mafia event with the family for the evening, I pressume they'll kill me early so often I'll have a lot of time to post then, probably on other times too. Iirc the deadline will be like 3am for me which is really good, should be almost guaranteed to be nonstop online for the last 3 hours at least as well.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: December 17, 2012, 10:35:12 pm »

And Frisk, if you're Town I'd be a bit more careful giving anyone (other than ICs/confirmed Masons) the type of IC status you seem to be suggesting we give Robz. In Blitz VI we were giving that to shraeye for a lot of the game, who of course turned out to be scum.
Frisk is smarter than to think Robz is obvtown at this point.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 17, 2012, 10:37:38 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

Eevee (0, u1): Captain_Frisk
Robz888 (0, u1): Grujah
Grujah (1, u1): SwitchedFromStarcraft
Insomniac (1, u2): Grujah, Captain Frisk
Captain_Frisk (1, u1): Insomniac
SwitchedFromStarcraft (1, u1): Eevee

Not Voting (4): Captain_Frisk, Jimmmmm, Robz888, sparky5856

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline is Tuesday, December 18th, at 4:30 p.m. forum time.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #278 on: December 17, 2012, 10:38:24 pm »

Just checked though, we have time, okay good.
So you haven't read the thread, and thought we were close to deadline?
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 17, 2012, 10:41:48 pm »

And Frisk, if you're Town I'd be a bit more careful giving anyone (other than ICs/confirmed Masons) the type of IC status you seem to be suggesting we give Robz. In Blitz VI we were giving that to shraeye for a lot of the game, who of course turned out to be scum.
Wow, so much misdirection, or not reading critically.  Frisk has pretty much said that Robz is obvTown.
Posting begets posting.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 17, 2012, 10:43:11 pm »

So he wants us to think he think Robz is obvTown?

I'll give SFS a reread when I have time, but I don't think that's going to be now, gotta go out and do Christmas shopping.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 17, 2012, 10:44:37 pm »

Man, I don't know. Yeah, I gotta go. Kind of hoping the other Mason has claimed by the time I get back, just to clear things up for me a little.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 17, 2012, 10:45:00 pm »

I think Rob and frisk are wrong on claiming and that's why I don't want my partner to claim now stop fishing and start scum hunting

Do you think that either of is are scum?

Note haven't read past this yet. But I think there's a good chance at least one of you is
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 17, 2012, 10:55:16 pm »

Just did a re-read on Frisk. Almost all of his content has been Mason and/or theory related, and he's clearly been trying to manipulate the Masons into claiming. I suppose this could come from a Townie thinking he knows what's best, but it seems a little off to me. Insom, other than feeling put out for being forced to do something you didn't want to do, what do you think of Frisk's focus on Masons and theory?

As I've said I think he might be scum and he forced me to claim. I think thats scummy.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 17, 2012, 11:03:49 pm »

Wow, Frisk, I'm really disappointed.  And I'm going to go against Insom's advice and claim.  I am the other Mason.  (Sorry Insom, but if I don't claim, Frisk will waste the next half day arguing that my last X posts have been softclaiming, and then we are deeper into nowhere. Plus, if we lose, you can blame me and Frisk.) Frisk, since you and your buddy Robz were so damn insistent, you are about to get some full-on IC leadership. Tonight the role of IC-Shraeye is going to be played by SFS.

Frisk, since you and Robz have wasted more than half of day 1 mason hunting instead of scum hunting, you've been proven right about time be wasted. Good on ya.  You know, you could have just have posted up front "We should claim, I'll find a way to make it happen, Insom is softclaiming anyway, he's a mason, so lets be done with this and move on".  Your first assignment: give me the math on what the town chances are chances are if I demand a Frisk policy lynch and you flip town.  I think someone (maybe you) has posted that if both masons claim, we can afford one mislynch.  Please confirm whether that is correct or incorrect, because I'm seriously considering it.  You feel so utterly scummy to me right now.

Sparky, Jimm, Eevee, Grujah, Robz - Tell me who we should lynch and why.  You only get one name, and I want reasons.   No equivocating, you have to give me a name. Eevee: I repeat, no equivocating.

Robz, you get a second assignment because you left class early.  Assignment #2: If your only choices today are lynching Grujah and Eevee, who do you pick and why.  If either of these two names were the name you picked for Assignment #1 above, then answer the question for the other name in that pair.  Assignment 3:  Convince me not to policy lynch Frisk.

Ok, go get busy everybody.  Time's a wastin'.
Posting begets posting.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: December 17, 2012, 11:05:12 pm »

Plus, if your reasoning about the mod edit is correct, then if Insomniac IS a mason, you're scum.  Yeah, I'm gonna like this game A LOT.

Not necessarily.

Essay complete.  I'm going to post count and reread the wishy washy folks and figure out who's scum.  Excited about this blitz.

Ashersky - I'm sorry for calling you a sissy, and not knowing yoru situation.  The reason why I oppose mod intervention is because you've effectively mod confirmed that Insomniac and I are not on the same team (at least knowingly)... since if I was scum with him you'd probably just let us go because you'd know that it wasn't possibly personal.

Also, if we hit a scum today, there's gonna be no way to confirm the other mason. Insomniac absolutely needs to confirm his other buddy, at LEAST before the day ends.

I'm not gonna provide much input the rest of the day, sleep time is coming up. I'm most comfortable with my scum read on Grujah, with mostly neutral reads on everyone else. SFS seems to enjoy picking out flaws when he's made a few himself, so I'm wary of him atm. If he's the other mason, then... I suck at this game. xD

Someone please help me on reading Frisk, his plays could go either way. Would be helpful to see his reaction to #271, the part I quoted above.

PPE: SFS claimed, I'll respond in a separate post.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 17, 2012, 11:05:29 pm »

unvote, lol my gut. sorry SfS.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 17, 2012, 11:09:55 pm »

Don't be sorry, do the work.
Posting begets posting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 17, 2012, 11:14:02 pm »

Equivocating, cool word! Had to look that up.

I had one read I felt was okay, it obviously wasn't. I feel bad about staring at the vote count and trying to pick of something of the names and just drawing blanks. Especially because an IC asked me to give a name and a reason. Especially x2 because I feel I'm one of the top scum reads for said IC.

My name is not Frisk, because he is posting a bunch so will be giving us information to work with later as well. Usually I'd think taking controversial positions is a town tell, but Frisk would be ballsy enough to do that as scum, I think.

I'm going to go with Grujah. IC-SfS is suspecting him and he feels like the dude we nailed in Robz's mega game.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 17, 2012, 11:14:34 pm »

SFS seems to enjoy picking out flaws when he's made a few himself, so I'm wary of him atm. If he's the other mason, then... I suck at this game. xD
I don't pick out flaws, I report out on things that stand out to me.

And, this is a hard game.  Not as hard as Puerto Rico, but hard.  ;)

Suggestion, shift your wariness of me to Frisk.  And do your homework assignment.

And brush your teeth before bed. :)
Posting begets posting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 17, 2012, 11:14:44 pm »

The work probably refers to rereading. Will do that to Grujah now.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 17, 2012, 11:16:16 pm »

I'm going to bed.  I'll have papers to grade in the morning.
Posting begets posting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 17, 2012, 11:16:32 pm »

I'm already in bed (couch), and didnt brush my teeth. I never do when I drink which is actually super weird. I literally think "nah, youve been drinking, it's fine if you dont", which makes no sense.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 17, 2012, 11:23:26 pm »

Quick reread skipping a lot posts also left me suspecting Jimmmm and sparky for flying under the radar. But jimmm's posts had some towny elements he either is faking well or are genuine (little things like wanting the other mason to clear to make reading easier and stuff), so sparky to the suspicion list with Grujah. not overly confident on either.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2012, 11:31:02 pm »

Okay so taking on faith that what Frisk said about him and Robz being VT is true, we CAN afford one mislynch. There will be 3 goons in four people, and if even if we mislynch once we'll have a guaranteed victory. This is a VERY risky play though, because the fact that ONE person who claimed VT thinks that another person is obvtown doesn't add a whole lot. There's this thing called truth.

How about this, if we lynch Frisk, he flips town, we can believe what he said about the 3 goons in four people. Except that that includes me, so, three goons in three people, there you go! Game solved! Except... what if Frisk was wrong about Robz. Ugh. I mean, lynching Frisk would still give a MUCH clearer picture on how to proceed, in my opinion. If he's scum, then Robz is prob-scum.

Worst case scenario now is if Frisk is town and Robz is scum. two goons out of three not including me. It'll be about a 33% chance for success, ugh. Robz is not scum, three goons out of three, 100% chance for success. Now that I like.

I mean, I don't like those 33% odds, but if Frisk and Robz are scum and we take their word, it's game over. Which means, yeah we have to policy lynch one of them. Frisk being scum and Robz being town makes the least sense out of everything. So, I think lynching Frisk is a fine idea. Does all that make sense? I don't wanna get yelled at if this a lame reason for lynching, but I've been thinking through this pretty hard and feel it's the nicest way to proceed.

And brush your teeth before bed. :)

NO. >_<

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 17, 2012, 11:32:54 pm »

it doesnt make sense. frisk shouldn't know anything you dont.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 18, 2012, 12:14:29 am »

honestly. im leaving my vote on frisk. hd wastef a bunch of the game day trying to force masons to claim even though alot of us disagreed with that policy

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 18, 2012, 01:38:39 am »

To me it looks like CF/Robz are pulling up an organized gamble, which I wouldn't find beyond any of their capabilities given that they have daychat.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 18, 2012, 02:06:51 am »

Wow, Frisk, I'm really disappointed.  And I'm going to go against Insom's advice and claim.  I am the other Mason.  (Sorry Insom, but if I don't claim, Frisk will waste the next half day arguing that my last X posts have been softclaiming, and then we are deeper into nowhere. Plus, if we lose, you can blame me and Frisk.) Frisk, since you and your buddy Robz were so damn insistent, you are about to get some full-on IC leadership. Tonight the role of IC-Shraeye is going to be played by SFS.

Frisk, since you and Robz have wasted more than half of day 1 mason hunting instead of scum hunting, you've been proven right about time be wasted. Good on ya.  You know, you could have just have posted up front "We should claim, I'll find a way to make it happen, Insom is softclaiming anyway, he's a mason, so lets be done with this and move on".  Your first assignment: give me the math on what the town chances are chances are if I demand a Frisk policy lynch and you flip town.  I think someone (maybe you) has posted that if both masons claim, we can afford one mislynch.  Please confirm whether that is correct or incorrect, because I'm seriously considering it.  You feel so utterly scummy to me right now.

Sparky, Jimm, Eevee, Grujah, Robz - Tell me who we should lynch and why.  You only get one name, and I want reasons.   No equivocating, you have to give me a name. Eevee: I repeat, no equivocating.

Robz, you get a second assignment because you left class early.  Assignment #2: If your only choices today are lynching Grujah and Eevee, who do you pick and why.  If either of these two names were the name you picked for Assignment #1 above, then answer the question for the other name in that pair.  Assignment 3:  Convince me not to policy lynch Frisk.

Ok, go get busy everybody.  Time's a wastin'.

Assignment #1: Grujah. Mistake-prone Grujah (what are vengekills?) is scum Grujah.

Assignment #2: Grujah, for the above reason. I would probably lynch sparky sooner than Eevee. I don't know what scum!Eevee looks like, but what I've seen so far is town!Eevee.

Assignment #3: Policy lynch him? You should be thanking him. He was right about the argument! And now we've effectively narrowed down the scum to a pool of Jimm, Eevee, sparky, and Grujah. And 3 of those 4 people are scum! Hooray, we win. And you want to policy lynch the guy?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 18, 2012, 02:09:09 am »

The reason I don't think this is a gambit from Frisk is because it doesn't really help him. If he is scum, well, he's convinced you all to consider 4 people, 2 of whom are scum. That's... not great for him.

So I think from your guys' perspectives, either Frisk and I are both scum, or neither of us are. From my perspective, it makes no sense for Frisk to be scum. From Frisk's perspective... actually I think he should probably have a sort of harder time ruling me out as scum.

I hope that if you kill one of us, you absolutely do not kill the other one (assuming the person you kill flips town--I know I will flip town, and I am highly confident that Frisk will).
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 16 queries.