Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143606 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D2)
« Reply #1350 on: February 06, 2014, 05:19:20 pm »

Well, guess I have to pick a horse, huh? Still miffed that chairs didn't answer my question.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: February 06, 2014, 05:23:01 pm »

Well, guess I have to pick a horse, huh? Still miffed that chairs didn't answer my question.

he will when he gets back.... maybe,.... i still feel like i have some hanging questions for him. he doesn't stick around when he posts ( not a criticism, just a commentary...) so asking him a follow up question often means he doesn't see it until the next time he gets on

My town read on PPS makes me feel more confident that scum is one of the L-2 wagons as there is more discussion right now about PPS then there is about ther wagons.... like scum is trying to deflect away (except that eevee and arcg aren't the ones deflecting the conversation.... it is others who are)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: February 06, 2014, 05:25:39 pm »

If you're going to argue against my case, you would be showing me why PPS's reason for claiming wouldn't be "to get the information out before he dies", or you would be showing me why TA would really need support at that time (especially given that he didn't even agree with TA's case).

Your last point is good though (that he is consistent with his D1 statement that he would like to investigate TA), I hadn't realized that so I'll think about it.  I still like my PPS vote.  Though I also agree with you and Robz that chairs' vote makes no sense at all.

Because claiming obviously gets the information out before he dies... that is a given. It isn't like he could claim and not have the information out.... So I am not sure what to say there....

and I think I have already talked about why PPS claimed in regard to TA--or showed what PPS said--that it was in conjunction and wans't a specific reason.

That is the rub.... You guys want PPS to have a specific reason, but it looks like it was a conglomeration of different things (probably combined with RL stuff) that prompted him to claim when he did. 1. faust saying stuff 2. PPS seeing TA being dismissed 3. getting close to the end of day.

I just don't see what the problem is here.... I think if you are going to convince me your votes for PPS are legitimate you need to show me how his play during day1 and day2 was scummy. Really only Jimmmm has attempted to do that, and I disagree with that case

I guess what it comes down to is I thought PPS was saying his main reason for claiming when he did was that TA was having trouble, and to me it didn't seem like TA was having trouble at all.  And I'm saying his main reason should be "shoot I'm at L-2 now and I'm potentially about to die and I need to make sure this gets out", but he didn't even mention that.  And I'm not saying the other stuff can't also be contributing factors, or that he has to have only one reason, I'm just saying that that would be like, the overwhelming reason for me to claim at that time if I were in his position.

Yes, claiming always gets information out before you die, but by "before you die" I mean when you're potentially really close to dying.  If I had something to claim right now (I don't) and if it was earlier in the day, I could afford to wait a bit before claiming because I don't have any votes on me and I don't have that pressure.  If like four people suddenly voted for me, I would probably claim right away to make sure I got it out before I died.

Maybe it just goes without saying that that was his main reason for doing what he did and maybe I was supposed to assume that, I'm still new to this and maybe that's just the kind of thing everyone knows.  I just thought it looked strange that he would mention the other much less significant things without bringing that up.

I guess I'm done talking about PPS for now though since it looks like that isn't going to happen.  I have class in 30 minutes but I'll be back on later tonight.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: February 06, 2014, 05:39:18 pm »

PPS is heavily detracting from conversation.

People voting for Eevee are currently some of my higher townreads, which is comforting.

Chairs using Yuma as a reason to vote for me is so weak. Makes me think that Eevee is his partner and needs to figure out a reason to vote for me over him.

Seems like Robz and Scotty are going to be the ones to decide the lynch. Which way are you guys leaning?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: February 06, 2014, 05:40:22 pm »

Are there any questions anyone has on me?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: February 06, 2014, 05:40:38 pm »

for me, rather

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: February 06, 2014, 05:41:44 pm »

Are there any questions anyone has for me?
Same, i suppose. Seems like the case is just general scumminess.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: February 06, 2014, 05:46:33 pm »

Are there any questions anyone has for me?
Same, i suppose. Seems like the case is just general scumminess.
have you given a from towniest to scummiest - list?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: February 06, 2014, 05:47:33 pm »

I don't have a strong preference between the two of you. I don't even have a strong preference other than the two of you, I'm afraid.

Well I'm not going to flip a coin. You are both voting for each other, as you should, but are you each other's preferred lynches?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: February 06, 2014, 05:48:02 pm »

I guess, just keep talking, will be the most beneficial thing.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: February 06, 2014, 05:54:43 pm »

I don't have a strong preference between the two of you. I don't even have a strong preference other than the two of you, I'm afraid.

Well I'm not going to flip a coin. You are both voting for each other, as you should, but are you each other's preferred lynches?
Yes. If you look back at my voting/reads history you'll see I've been a big fan of an Eevee lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: February 06, 2014, 05:55:14 pm »

Yes. If you look back at my voting/reads history you'll see I've been a big fan of an Eevee lynch.

Oh, that's great. Why?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: February 06, 2014, 06:01:19 pm »

Oh, that's great. Why?

That was one of the scummy things that were stacked up by me about arch... I felt he never really said why he was scummy on eevee.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: February 06, 2014, 06:27:02 pm »

Well it started off with a vote from him lurking, went to reread, and just got a scummy vibe from his posts. Over time he started being less scummy (and to be honest I became distant from the game and forgot how scummy he had acted before hand). Then TA posted his case on Eevee, which reminded me of how I felt before and I fell in love with the lynch once again.

So even if it wasn't a him or me situation, I'd still be a fan of the Eevee lynch.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:00 pm »

Well it started off with a vote from him lurking, went to reread, and just got a scummy vibe from his posts. Over time he started being less scummy (and to be honest I became distant from the game and forgot how scummy he had acted before hand). Then TA posted his case on Eevee, which reminded me of how I felt before and I fell in love with the lynch once again.

So even if it wasn't a him or me situation, I'd still be a fan of the Eevee lynch.

I guess I mostly believe you. Not that you're right, but that you actually think that. Which would mean that you're town and I should vote for Eevee.

This post just seems to be very, very characteristic of town you--not persuasive, not meticulous, good natured.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: February 06, 2014, 06:34:47 pm »

So... Vote: Eevee on that basis.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: February 06, 2014, 08:00:29 pm »

so that is L-1.... with 4 hours to go.

Why is no one here....?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: February 06, 2014, 08:02:51 pm »

like is this mafia happy with the lynch or mafia not being here or very non-chalant about a partner going down...

unvote for a bit at least...

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: February 06, 2014, 08:12:18 pm »

I am here, still happy with eevee.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: February 06, 2014, 08:33:12 pm »

I think I am too, but this is kind of the slow role up to a lynch that makes me uncomfortable...

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: February 06, 2014, 08:38:46 pm »

I think I am too, but this is kind of the slow role up to a lynch that makes me uncomfortable...

This is shaping up eerily similar to D1 with two equally weighted wagons. I have no good way to deduce what it means.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: February 06, 2014, 08:54:19 pm »

Well I will be on/off until deadline, but will move my vote back I think vote: eevee. I guess TA if you want to unvote, you can if you feel you want the conversation to be extended at all so you can be the hammer if need be (assuming you will be around for the deadline?)

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: February 06, 2014, 08:55:58 pm »

I went back and re-read some stuff on Eevee and Archetype, and I'm still not sure what to think of them, but if I had to pick one (which I do) I think I prefer Eevee.  Yuma just voted so I don't want to hammer yet, does anyone have anything else to say?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: February 06, 2014, 09:00:51 pm »

I went back and re-read some stuff on Eevee and Archetype, and I'm still not sure what to think of them, but if I had to pick one (which I do) I think I prefer Eevee.  Yuma just voted so I don't want to hammer yet, does anyone have anything else to say?

Could you briefly say why you prefer Eevee?

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: February 06, 2014, 09:02:59 pm »

I an getting worries about eevee...it seems what made people change from being not ok to ok lynching eevee isthat I'm a semi IC now...and no new case was made other than Yuma articulating his feelings well...

Ugh I just don't know. I am being super indecisive this game.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 71  All

Page created in 1.205 seconds with 17 queries.