Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143606 times)

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D2)
« Reply #1050 on: January 31, 2014, 01:17:48 am »

For reference, the reason that I am 90% sure about my "gut intuition" moment is that it's been much more reliable when I play Mafia on f.ds than any attempt I've made at "okay, this guy said that, and this looked kind of bad, and..." scumhunting.  That's why when it happens to be the case that I get that gut check reaction, I just go with it.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: January 31, 2014, 06:17:48 am »

For reference, the reason that I am 90% sure about my "gut intuition" moment is that it's been much more reliable when I play Mafia on f.ds than any attempt I've made at "okay, this guy said that, and this looked kind of bad, and..." scumhunting.  That's why when it happens to be the case that I get that gut check reaction, I just go with it.

But you do realize that if everyone was playing the game like that, we would be getting nowhere?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: January 31, 2014, 06:23:03 am »

Not sure about the Jimmmmm-pps situation. It's weird that Jimmmm obviously had time to respond to accusations, but still not to post his thoughts on pps. pps on the other hand is playing aggressively, something I guess I would expect from scum!pps a little more than from town!pps.

AHoppy's most recent post is interesting. But a statement like "yeah, you should probably lynch me" just doesn't sit right with me. After all, if he's a PR who still has a shot, why say this? I will keep my vote there for now.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: January 31, 2014, 08:24:02 am »

But you do realize that if everyone was playing the game like that, we would be getting nowhere?
I think playing like that is fine, different styles are what makes this fun. However, not being specify AT ALL where that gut feeling stemmed from when you say you are that sure.. that's so weird.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: January 31, 2014, 08:25:37 am »

This should be a fun exercise then.

Everyone please list the most obviously scummy behavior they have witnessed in this game to date.

Robz pre-emptively attacking me in anticipation of me making a case on him is still at the top of my list.

I simply never did this, and the post you link to provides no evidence of me doing this. And I was just starting to read you as more townie! Seriously, I was, because I agree with you on scotty, and something else I can't recall, and oh I'm big time agreeing with you and I guess PPS on Jimm. Looks to me like Jimm wanted to be voting for someone, and now can't justify the vote he laid down, and is flailing.

I said this pretty quickly out of the gates day2 as part of a general read on different players, some had gone up in scumminess, some had gone down. You had gone up.

And I should say that Robz's attempts to discredit me for various yesterday is where I stand with him are exactly how I expect scum robz to attempt to deal with someone who is threatening him as scum.

You immediately say this:
Oh, how dare you. I did NO such thing. What you did yesterday was remarkably scummy, right or wrong. And you didn't take one iota of heat for it.

and vote for me in the next post. We have already been over the argument of how what I did, I do not believe to be scummy and really no one else does either so I don't know if we need to hash that out again. But regardless, your attempt here is to move the conversation away from yourself and toward me before I had a chance to start talking about you. That much is very obvious to me. And it worked... for the next whole bit instead of talking about you I am talking about myself and it is only after that--and responding and reresponding to you--that I am actually able to get some thoughts down on you and explain why I think you are scummy. As a result my whole case against is diluted in a slew of posts with us arguing (that is partially my fault. I should have just posted my case on you and let your attempts to argue sail past me, but alas... I don't have that type of perfect control over my desire to respond to bad points against me).

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: January 31, 2014, 08:26:08 am »

I think playing like that is fine, different styles are what makes this fun. However, not being specify AT ALL where that gut feeling stemmed from when you say you are that sure.. that's so weird.

this completely...

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: January 31, 2014, 10:18:11 am »

I agree, which is why in most games I really try to do more traditional scumhunting (in hopes that I'll get my accuracy up using that method to match/exceed my intuitive side).  In this game, though, I admit to not being the most focused, and so I'm letting myself just listen to that inner voice.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: January 31, 2014, 12:37:55 pm »

We have already been over the argument of how what I did, I do not believe to be scummy and really no one else does either so I don't know if we need to hash that out again. But regardless, your attempt here is to move the conversation away from yourself and toward me before I had a chance to start talking about you. That much is very obvious to me.

Except I had already brought up my case against you the day before, and then we went to a lynch before anyone else even weighed in on it. My case on you wasn't out of left field, I had literally already talked about it.

I mean I'm definitely beating like a dead horse to death at this point, and basically no one except for you and me gives a damn about our argument, which seems like it would mean something but I don't know what.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: February 01, 2014, 12:10:50 am »

Query:

Who is scummier?

chairs for not being able to pinpoint a post or group of posts from me that he finds scummy enough to say 90%

Jimmmm for not posting his case on PPS despite having enough time to defend himself pretty vigorously from people pressing him to do so

TA for still not putting his thoughts out about Eevee that he promised day1.

Or are none of them scummy? All of them are proclaimed to be busy, I will give them that. But saying you will do something and then failing to produce as time goes by is a scummy move historically speaking.

I would be willing to vote any of these players if no one is going to listen to me about Robz... I am not abandoning hope there quite yet.... Chairs perhaps the least so as I still retain a town read from day1 stuff, but honestly that is waning away.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: February 01, 2014, 01:08:53 pm »

Query:

Who is scummier?

chairs for not being able to pinpoint a post or group of posts from me that he finds scummy enough to say 90%

Jimmmm for not posting his case on PPS despite having enough time to defend himself pretty vigorously from people pressing him to do so

Or are none of them scummy? All of them are proclaimed to be busy, I will give them that. But saying you will do something and then failing to produce as time goes by is a scummy move historically speaking.

I would be willing to vote any of these players if no one is going to listen to me about Robz... I am not abandoning hope there quite yet.... Chairs perhaps the least so as I still retain a town read from day1 stuff, but honestly that is waning away.

I agree. I guess find TwistedArcher's play here pretty unusual. He's usually like a very, very active solid helpful townie. Here he's barely even been active.

What chairs and Jimm are doing, on the other hand, may be scummy, but I don't know it also kind of fits them. Jimm's activity really varies from game to game, I've noticed, and I don't think it's an alignment thing for him. And chairs is just a less-here player.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: February 01, 2014, 01:47:28 pm »

It's been a while now since Jimm announced he had something to say on PPS, and the fact that he has had time to write moderately long responses to people's comments on him mean that I'm expecting that, when he does post something on PPS, it will need to be pretty long (in order to justify him having time to write the other responses, but not his case against PPS).  Well, not that time spent writing a case is necessarily perfectly correlated with the length of the post, but I'm still expecting a solid case against PPS from him.  If he fails to deliver then I think that has to be the scummiest thing we've seen so far, so:

vote: Jimmmmm, at least until he gets his thoughts up.

Otherwise I may switch to chairs, unless he can provide more substance to back his claim.

Also, we still haven't had any cop claims, does that mean we didn't have a N1 cop (or maybe it was Voltaire)?  Or did we agree that cops would only claim with scum results?

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: February 01, 2014, 02:39:50 pm »

My pregnant wife has had the flu all week and it doesn't look like it is relenting anytime soon so I'm working double time with the chores and pets and meals and such. I am checking in so I don't get totally behind but my capacity to fully participate is quite limited right now.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: February 01, 2014, 05:53:35 pm »

Query:

Who is scummier?

Not chairs because I occasionally play like he is now. I also get where he's coming from just getting vibe from someone without pinpointing what exactly it is tha makes them scummy. I think 90% is a gross overstatement for a read at the level he has.

Jimmmmm is scummy for that, but I get where's yes coming from and don't necessarily think he's scum.

TA is doing what I'd say is scummy for not posting a case. It's been long enough and he hasn't really followed up on it like Jimmmmm has. I think he has some RL busy-ness.

I could vote for any of them, actually. Jimmmmm > Twistedarcher > chairs

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: February 01, 2014, 08:19:25 pm »

My pregnant wife has had the flu all week and it doesn't look like it is relenting anytime soon so I'm working double time with the chores and pets and meals and such. I am checking in so I don't get totally behind but my capacity to fully participate is quite limited right now.

I can totally relate to that! Just wait 'til she and a little one both have the flu at the same time! Won't that be fun.

Anyways, no worries. It isn't like we are getting a whole bunch of participation from everyone else anyways.... at this rate it will probably be very easy to catch up once you are back to normal.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: February 02, 2014, 03:14:11 am »

It doesn't make sense to me to posit something within the first hours of the game and then demonize anyone who thinks it might be a bad idea.

Wait, are you talking about me?

No, I am willing to discuss the merits of your idea. faust is the one throwing votes on the guy who wants to discuss the merits of your idea. You seem complicit with this approach though...

faust jumped right at it, more or less duplicated exactly what I was saying but painted what I was saying as being scummy. WTH?

I don't like how Jimmmmm setup this crappy idea and then when I questioned it faust voted me for it and then made even crappier arguments against me more or less proving it was a crappy idea to begin with and then he just ignored defending his position.

I'm not making any sense but mysteriously everyone who was arguing against me eventually agreed mass claims this early are not a good idea. So, apparently I'm not communicating very well what have been found to be quite sensible ideas.

I engaged the claim theory talk early and gained the most votes of anyone in the game for decrying the theory that has since been universally abandoned and supporting the theory that has been universally accepted.

I engaged the claim theory talk early and gained the most votes of anyone in the game for decrying the theory that has since been universally abandoned and supporting the theory that has been universally accepted.

I think this is misleading, and it comes across as a grab for Towncred. I didn't vote for you, but I definitely could have, and it certainly would not have been for rejecting or supporting theories. I highly doubt that is why anyone has voted for you.

The fact that you didn't vote for me doesn't negate the fact that I picked up the most votes on a single point that has become the accepted game state. That's the point I made, why you are conflating that with the fact that you're not one of the voters is beyond me.

I don't know why you doubt the reason so highly since the only explanation offered was that I wasn't making any sense despite the result that everyone has capitulated and decided that early mass-claims are not re way to go. If it was soooo nonsensical then why is everyone doing it?

Right, I should just follow along and do whatever you or someone else tells me to or else I am anti-town. That's the pattern I'm seeing.

I'm not saying 3 votes is some heavy weight but I am pointing out that I'm the only person who hasn't bent to the pressure put on him which is why is the sole reason I am the person with the most votes regardless of the count.

I only suspect one of the standing votes on me to be scum. It's not the vote but the more subtle suggestions that I must be scum that give it away.

Also, TA immediately echoed me. Why do I get the vote and you ignore him doing the same?

ashersky once said in a scum QT something along the lines of "You don't get lynched scummy. You get lynched if you let Town lynch you." I'm not saying pps is directly following that advice, but that's the impression I get from the above posts. I get the feeling that pps is trying to make the idea that he could be scum so ludicrous that people will be afraid to vote for him.

Part of this is the whole conspiracy theory thing:

If a person is the scum target for the day and they point that out are they painting themselves as a victim or calling attention to how perception is being controlled? Let's run some votes up on you just because I say so and see if you think you're a victim or there's some shenanigans that need to be called out.

That last sentence suggests the low level of activity might be because a small subset of the players decries anyone who dares post while we wait out the clock on D1. I get to have my suspicions and you can call them useless and you can perceive it to be an accusation. My observation of that is scumhunting.

There is the premise operating here that scum will select a couple of targets to maybe work their meta for a D1 mislynch. The Jimmmmm/faust interaction on the mass-claim that got my first vote felt like the bad cop setup and then TA came in and played good cop saying massclaims are indeed bad but faust is town anyway.

Disclaimer: Yes, it's all conspiracy theory and comes from what can easily be construed as a victim mentality. However, I think the lens itself isn't completely insane, I feel there is a tangible thread in there. I'm not claiming any scum teams nor am I claiming certainty of TA's alignment.

Now admittedly pps has admitted that what he's talking about is a conspiracy theory, which I left in for full disclosure. But I have become extremely suspicious of people who assume and try to get others to assume that scum will act in a particular way. Assuming something about scum is bad Town play, and successfully convincing Townies to wrongfully assume something is good play. So when pps seems to assume that scum are working together (or at the very least one scum is working) to lynch him, I am not quick to believe him. Early on in the game, in my experience, scum do not generally try to push for a particular lynch or have a particular target in mind for a mislynch. This early in the game, scum are much more concerned with not getting lynched themselves. So when, this early in the game, someone talks about how much scum must be pulling strings and manipulating everyone, they're either right, jumping at shadows, or trying to get others to jump at shadows. And I think the latter two are much more likely than the former.

If TA is not scum then I think there would be a very good chance PPS is...

Can you elaborate on that? Without any substantiation it comes off as an attempt to line up two mislynches.

So if TA were to flip scum would you assume or just lean towards me being town?

No, I did not say if and only if.  I just said if TA is town, you are more likely scum.

Well, I guess what I am asking is whether or not you perceive the inverse to be true.

This looks like pps trying to gauge how he is perceived, which is much more important to scum than to Town.

Well, I just found out the game was reopened and run into this thing with yuma and Robz. I'd have to homework it against yesterday to really conclude anything but my initial thought is these annoyingly protracted things are usually Town scuffles, no? As it is I have to get some sleep so I'll firm up a read on it tomorrow.

Well, I read up on the Robz/yuma tiff and I got no string lean either way. If I got mod confirmation that one of them was scum and the other not and I had to pick which was scum I'd still say Robz.

Now despite what I said about conspiracy theories, I kind of have one of my own. After I got a positive result on ash in Chocolate Factory and was grilling him about it, his scumbuddy Teproc dismissed it as probably Town v Town. That stood out to me at the time, and I think was what made me finally decide to investigate Teproc the following Night. And I was right, even if my investigation was unhelpful. My point is, when there is a fight between Town and scum, the scum's teammates tend to want to stay out of it. They don't want to support the Townie in lynching their scumbuddy, but they also don't want to support the scum and be seen to be in league with them. So while this is not a huge point and I'm probably making more of a point of it than needs to be made, I think it's something to be conscious of. It also seems unlikely that scum pps would say this if it actually was two Townies, but you never know. Also, I find the "If I got mod confirmation that one of them was scum" a really strange thing to say, as there is no way to get mod confirmation that one of two people is scum. I don't know, seems a strange things to say "mod confirmation" in particular.

What's also strange is the next day he says this:

I sense the Robz/yuma interaction to possibly be an attempt to increase post count while staying focused on a conundrum instead of actual deduction and hunting. In other words an effort to negate the legitimate complaint of lurking yesterday. Thus, I still prefer a Robz lynch as the yuma interaction has served to somewhat strengthen my convictions from yesterday.

Interestingly, this came at a time in which attention was shifting slightly away from the Robz/yuma thing and towards scott and AHoppy for lurking etc.

Jimmmmm looked happy to lunch either you or teproc, he technically jumped right after the hammer. If AHoppy is town then this can be construed as jubilant scum. Does scum want the hammer? Maybe so on that particular D1. Robz was looking for the hammer before the regrouping towards Teproc. chairs was a latecomer to the AHoppy wagon and his entire playstyle has been lurky durky to me. I waffled between AHoppy and Robz kind of sheeping into AHoppy because I wanted us to get in a D1 lynch and he was definitely my favorite over Teproc. I think I was earlier to the wagon than the others except maybe Jimmmmm. A lot of the origination to the wagon ended up on Teproc.

So, I would say that if scum was all piled onto town!AHoppy, which explains why it never fully lynched, that everyone on there including myself appears to be a candidate.

However, knowing my alignment to be Town, that means that either the entire scum team was sitting on AHoppy and Town was entirely devoted to mislynching Teproc or scum contributed to Teproc's demise which places AHoppy himself as a decent candidate for being scum.

This is the post that gave me the bad feeling about pps in the first place. It's just too "How must scum be working together?". Do scum want the hammer? Did they all vote together? Were all the scum on the AHoppy wagon, or did scum help lynch Teproc? I just think that trying to find scum by assuming that scum must have done a particular thing is bad Town play at best, and quite often from scum trying to cause Town to follow their assumptions.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1065 on: February 02, 2014, 05:03:58 am »

Looks to me like Jimm wanted to be voting for someone, and now can't justify the vote he laid down, and is flailing.

I was voting for Eevee before I voted for pps.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: February 02, 2014, 05:08:04 am »

It's weird that Jimmmm obviously had time to respond to accusations, but still not to post his thoughts on pps.

This is very normal for me when I'm at work. I can keep up and respond to what people say, but I'm not going to sit down, pull up quotes and put a big post together.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: February 02, 2014, 09:58:47 am »

It doesn't make sense to me to posit something within the first hours of the game and then demonize anyone who thinks it might be a bad idea.

Wait, are you talking about me?

No, I am willing to discuss the merits of your idea. faust is the one throwing votes on the guy who wants to discuss the merits of your idea. You seem complicit with this approach though...

faust jumped right at it, more or less duplicated exactly what I was saying but painted what I was saying as being scummy. WTH?

I don't like how Jimmmmm setup this crappy idea and then when I questioned it faust voted me for it and then made even crappier arguments against me more or less proving it was a crappy idea to begin with and then he just ignored defending his position.

I'm not making any sense but mysteriously everyone who was arguing against me eventually agreed mass claims this early are not a good idea. So, apparently I'm not communicating very well what have been found to be quite sensible ideas.

I think this is misleading, and it comes across as a grab for Towncred. I didn't vote for you, but I definitely could have, and it certainly would not have been for rejecting or supporting theories. I highly doubt that is why anyone has voted for you.

The fact that you didn't vote for me doesn't negate the fact that I picked up the most votes on a single point that has become the accepted game state. That's the point I made, why you are conflating that with the fact that you're not one of the voters is beyond me.

I don't know why you doubt the reason so highly since the only explanation offered was that I wasn't making any sense despite the result that everyone has capitulated and decided that early mass-claims are not re way to go. If it was soooo nonsensical then why is everyone doing it?

Right, I should just follow along and do whatever you or someone else tells me to or else I am anti-town. That's the pattern I'm seeing.

I'm not saying 3 votes is some heavy weight but I am pointing out that I'm the only person who hasn't bent to the pressure put on him which is why is the sole reason I am the person with the most votes regardless of the count.

I only suspect one of the standing votes on me to be scum. It's not the vote but the more subtle suggestions that I must be scum that give it away.

Also, TA immediately echoed me. Why do I get the vote and you ignore him doing the same?

ashersky once said in a scum QT something along the lines of "You don't get lynched scummy. You get lynched if you let Town lynch you." I'm not saying pps is directly following that advice, but that's the impression I get from the above posts. I get the feeling that pps is trying to make the idea that he could be scum so ludicrous that people will be afraid to vote for him.

See the bolded above; we're at this again as far as I can discern from this statement. I don't want people afraid to vote for anyone but the idea that I am scum is quite ludicrous to me so it stands to reason that I would respond to the premise that I might be otherwise as if it were ludicrous.

Part of this is the whole conspiracy theory thing:

If a person is the scum target for the day and they point that out are they painting themselves as a victim or calling attention to how perception is being controlled? Let's run some votes up on you just because I say so and see if you think you're a victim or there's some shenanigans that need to be called out.

That last sentence suggests the low level of activity might be because a small subset of the players decries anyone who dares post while we wait out the clock on D1. I get to have my suspicions and you can call them useless and you can perceive it to be an accusation. My observation of that is scumhunting.

There is the premise operating here that scum will select a couple of targets to maybe work their meta for a D1 mislynch. The Jimmmmm/faust interaction on the mass-claim that got my first vote felt like the bad cop setup and then TA came in and played good cop saying massclaims are indeed bad but faust is town anyway.

Disclaimer: Yes, it's all conspiracy theory and comes from what can easily be construed as a victim mentality. However, I think the lens itself isn't completely insane, I feel there is a tangible thread in there. I'm not claiming any scum teams nor am I claiming certainty of TA's alignment.

Now admittedly pps has admitted that what he's talking about is a conspiracy theory, which I left in for full disclosure. But I have become extremely suspicious of people who assume and try to get others to assume that scum will act in a particular way. Assuming something about scum is bad Town play, and successfully convincing Townies to wrongfully assume something is good play. So when pps seems to assume that scum are working together (or at the very least one scum is working) to lynch him, I am not quick to believe him. Early on in the game, in my experience, scum do not generally try to push for a particular lynch or have a particular target in mind for a mislynch. This early in the game, scum are much more concerned with not getting lynched themselves. So when, this early in the game, someone talks about how much scum must be pulling strings and manipulating everyone, they're either right, jumping at shadows, or trying to get others to jump at shadows. And I think the latter two are much more likely than the former.

Here Jimmmmm lost the context of my post. Firstly, I am divulging what heretofore had been some cards close to chest play driven by paranoia. Out of that context it might appear that I am trying convince people of something but in reality I am simply outlining the motivations for my previous behavior, that is, what I was already convinced of.

Additionally, I offered 2 concrete experiences of me as scum selecting and pursuing D1 targets. I believe Jimmmmm has likely played many more games of Mafia than I have so his statistical base is much wider to draw from and therefore maybe does indicate to him scum don't generally do this. However, my experience indicates scum do this much more often than not.

If TA is not scum then I think there would be a very good chance PPS is...

Can you elaborate on that? Without any substantiation it comes off as an attempt to line up two mislynches.

So if TA were to flip scum would you assume or just lean towards me being town?

No, I did not say if and only if.  I just said if TA is town, you are more likely scum.

Well, I guess what I am asking is whether or not you perceive the inverse to be true.

This looks like pps trying to gauge how he is perceived, which is much more important to scum than to Town.

Well, I just found out the game was reopened and run into this thing with yuma and Robz. I'd have to homework it against yesterday to really conclude anything but my initial thought is these annoyingly protracted things are usually Town scuffles, no? As it is I have to get some sleep so I'll firm up a read on it tomorrow.

Well, I read up on the Robz/yuma tiff and I got no string lean either way. If I got mod confirmation that one of them was scum and the other not and I had to pick which was scum I'd still say Robz.

Now despite what I said about conspiracy theories, I kind of have one of my own. After I got a positive result on ash in Chocolate Factory and was grilling him about it, his scumbuddy Teproc dismissed it as probably Town v Town. That stood out to me at the time, and I think was what made me finally decide to investigate Teproc the following Night. And I was right, even if my investigation was unhelpful. My point is, when there is a fight between Town and scum, the scum's teammates tend to want to stay out of it. They don't want to support the Townie in lynching their scumbuddy, but they also don't want to support the scum and be seen to be in league with them. So while this is not a huge point and I'm probably making more of a point of it than needs to be made, I think it's something to be conscious of. It also seems unlikely that scum pps would say this if it actually was two Townies, but you never know. Also, I find the "If I got mod confirmation that one of them was scum" a really strange thing to say, as there is no way to get mod confirmation that one of two people is scum. I don't know, seems a strange things to say "mod confirmation" in particular.

Getting players to take a position is useful to Town. My interaction with scotty wasn't my concern with how I was perceived but about getting scotty to commit to where he stood because prior to that it was conveniently open-ended for him.

Note that you and several others have refrained from putting anything out there about Robz/yuma. Also, note I have taken a stance despite your attempt to negate it as such. I took a position against Robz which I will say has only solidified with yuma's recent posts. My use of "mod confirmation" is simply a way of saying, "If I could know for sure one of these guys was scum and the other not" as the interaction suggests to me is the case.

What's also strange is the next day he says this:

I sense the Robz/yuma interaction to possibly be an attempt to increase post count while staying focused on a conundrum instead of actual deduction and hunting. In other words an effort to negate the legitimate complaint of lurking yesterday. Thus, I still prefer a Robz lynch as the yuma interaction has served to somewhat strengthen my convictions from yesterday.

Interestingly, this came at a time in which attention was shifting slightly away from the Robz/yuma thing and towards scott and AHoppy for lurking etc.

Robz was D1 lurker extraordinaire. When the topic shifted towards lurking it occurred to me that maybe the early engagement with yuma was an intentional ploy to shift gears and shake the strongest argument against him at the time. I didn't put this out there to stifle in the Ahoppy/scotty talk which is obvious by how much I proceeded to engage that topic thereafter.

Jimmmmm looked happy to lunch either you or teproc, he technically jumped right after the hammer. If AHoppy is town then this can be construed as jubilant scum. Does scum want the hammer? Maybe so on that particular D1. Robz was looking for the hammer before the regrouping towards Teproc. chairs was a latecomer to the AHoppy wagon and his entire playstyle has been lurky durky to me. I waffled between AHoppy and Robz kind of sheeping into AHoppy because I wanted us to get in a D1 lynch and he was definitely my favorite over Teproc. I think I was earlier to the wagon than the others except maybe Jimmmmm. A lot of the origination to the wagon ended up on Teproc.

So, I would say that if scum was all piled onto town!AHoppy, which explains why it never fully lynched, that everyone on there including myself appears to be a candidate.

However, knowing my alignment to be Town, that means that either the entire scum team was sitting on AHoppy and Town was entirely devoted to mislynching Teproc or scum contributed to Teproc's demise which places AHoppy himself as a decent candidate for being scum.

This is the post that gave me the bad feeling about pps in the first place. It's just too "How must scum be working together?". Do scum want the hammer? Did they all vote together? Were all the scum on the AHoppy wagon, or did scum help lynch Teproc? I just think that trying to find scum by assuming that scum must have done a particular thing is bad Town play at best, and quite often from scum trying to cause Town to follow their assumptions.

So analyzing the D1 wagon is now bad Town play? I was taking a premise generated from an astute question delivered by faust. I would love to see some counter arguments to that premise but no one has offered one yet. I think the AHoppy wagon indicates all of scum is either one place or the other. If you think otherwise suggest such and how that would have worked instead.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: February 02, 2014, 10:02:44 am »

So analyzing the D1 wagon is now bad Town play?

Yes. That is exactly what I said.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: February 02, 2014, 10:41:45 am »

Okay, I'm game. Why do we want a D1 lynch, even if it is a mislynch, if the information from that lynch is not worth looking at the next day?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: February 02, 2014, 01:07:42 pm »

Okay, I'm game. Why do we want a D1 lynch, even if it is a mislynch, if the information from that lynch is not worth looking at the next day?

Again, exactly what I said.

That's such a nothing response. If someone says the way you did something was scummy, it's meaningless to point out that a simplified version of what you did isn't scummy in and of itself. You could apply that to just about any kind of suspicion in Mafia:

"I don't like the way you voted for that person."
"So voting is now bad Town play?"

"I don't like the way you defended that person."
"So having Townreads is now bad Town play?"

"You seem to be trying to inflate your post count."
"So being active is now bad Town play?"

etc.

You got some votes early during theory discussion and pointed out multiple times that the plan you were proposing was generally agreed on, implying that that meant you shouldn't have received votes for it. But you didn't get votes for what you did, it was for how you did it.

And now I am suspicious of you for having and encouraging assumptions about what scum must or must not be doing regardless of who scum actually are, and because you did so while talking about a wagon your response is, "So analyzing the D1 wagon is now bad Town play?" Of course not! In both cases you oversimplified the points against you and seemed to try to make them sound ridiculous.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: February 02, 2014, 01:16:06 pm »

Wow, I was taking you seriously. I thought you were actually saying that looking into the D1 wagon was erroneous and I was well intentioned when I asked what your proposed alternative was. Use the sarcasm tag next time.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: February 02, 2014, 01:20:31 pm »

Wow, I was taking you seriously. I thought you were actually saying that looking into the D1 wagon was erroneous and I was well intentioned when I asked what your proposed alternative was. Use the sarcasm tag next time.

Oh okay, sorry. Yes I was being sarcastic. I never said or meant that analysing a wagon is scummy. Encouraging assumptions about scum is scummy.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: February 02, 2014, 01:22:01 pm »

I was taking a premise generated from an astute question delivered by faust. I would love to see some counter arguments to that premise but no one has offered one yet. I think the AHoppy wagon indicates all of scum is either one place or the other. If you think otherwise suggest such and how that would have worked instead.

Okay, so your premise is that AHoppy was nearly lynched a couple of times and someone else was lynched instead.

Your conclusion is something along the lines of either AHoppy is scum or all three scum were already on his wagon and thus unable to hammer him.

Your erroneous assumption is on Day 1, given the opportunity to hammer a Townie, scum will always take it.

Correct me if I'm wrong about any of this.

If it doesn't look like scum will be lynched on Day 1, what possible incentive does scum have to draw attention to themselves by hammering a Townie? Why would they draw attention to themselves by acting any different to how a Townie would be perceived to act, ie announcing intent well in advance, carefully deciding between lynches etc. If I'm scum and two Townies are on the chopping block, I care way more about ensuring I don't come out of the Day looking scummy than about making sure a particular lynch goes through.

So all three scum could have been on the AHoppy wagon. Or two. Or one. Or none. But to assume that all three scum voted together is a horrible assumption, and one that scum quite plausibly wants us to assume.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: February 02, 2014, 01:24:15 pm »

And you still refuse to propose alternative answers to faust's question.

I didn't goad anyone into accepting my analysis. I've not argued against alternative possibilities because no one has offered any.

I think the question is pertinent and I think the possible answers are very limited and self-evident. Do you not?

PPE --- okay, now we are getting somewhere ----

You have proven my point exactly. I think the logical deduction is that AHoppy is likely scum precisely because of your line of thinking.
Pages: 1 ... 41 42 [43] 44 45 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.088 seconds with 16 queries.