Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 71  All

Author Topic: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Mafia win flawlessly)  (Read 143594 times)

Twistedarcher

• Witch
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (D1)
« Reply #575 on: January 21, 2014, 12:13:28 pm »

The more I think about it the more I think pps is likelier town (with the disclaimer that I have no idea how to read him)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 21, 2014, 12:32:11 pm »

Teproc is still my gut scumread, so I'll reread him to see if there's scum to be found. First thing to note is that he replaced nkiribit, don't know what to make of that. I think scum is a tiny bit more likely to have themselves replaced due to responsibility for their team, but I wouldn't want to make a case based upon that. I'll just start where Teproc arrived, nkirbit's first posts don't give all that much to analyze.

His first post is some theory which always looks good, and the sheeping of TA with regard to yuma. Later he tries to revive theory talk by pursuing Jimmmmm's rolll 1-5 plan. This goes on for a while, and at the same time he solidifies his scum read on yuma. When AHoppy proposes the vote for plans, he contributes by voting some other strategy (why is that?). He is later the first to oppose my no-lynch plan. This is followed by some more theory thoughts.

Then he argues against PPS, but without voting him. For quite some time after that, Teproc's posts seem to lack substance, which is something I'm not used to. Then there's the very weak case against Jimmmm (being the 4th vote on the Eevee wagon). He later tries to back this up with saying he has a town read on Eevee because of [REDACTED]. Then states a town read on TA because of his analysis post. This strikes my as an easy way to give out town reads.

And that's pretty much it. I think what strikes me as odd here is mainly the lack of content and analysis, because I think Teproc usually does a lot more of that. He is also still voting Jimmmmm, right? And he has not put much effort into convincing people of his scumminess, which I would absolutely expect from town!Teproc.

I am happy with my vote for now.

PPE: 2
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 21, 2014, 12:42:30 pm »

Ok faust. I think your vote on me is reasonable, as I have been lacking content this game.

However, a few things :
- I thought I had made it clear when AHoppy did his theory vote thing, but the rolling numbers plan only works if everyone does it, and people were obviously resistant to it, so I voted for the next best thing, ie the "only cops with results claim".
- the townread on TA is not just because he gave detailed analysis. It's because his analysis can easily be used against him if we lynch Eevee and he flips town.
- I haven't argued strongly for Jimmmm's lynch, because I don't feel that strongly about it, unfortunately. I have no good scum read this game, which is why I've been fairly useless. I didn't want to qualify my vote like that because it greatly reduces the utility of voting someone when you act unsure about it, but it doesn't look like people want to lynch Jimmmmm anyway, so there.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: January 21, 2014, 12:53:13 pm »

Teproc, vote for AHoppy then!

scott_pilgrim

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: January 21, 2014, 01:04:54 pm »

So if TA were to flip scum would you assume or just lean towards me being town?

No, I did not say if and only if.  I just said if TA is town, you are more likely scum.

Well, I guess what I am asking is whether or not you perceive the inverse to be true.

Oh, no I don't think it is.  I could see it being a set-up between both of you as well.  I don't think that that's super likely from this standpoint given that we don't know yet whether either of you are scum, but if he were to flip scum, I would still think there is decent chance you are scum (greater than the 2/12 chance it would be at that point, at least).

I am also trying to assess whether/how much I am biased against players with high post count, since the three people I was considering voting for were three of the top four posters.  I don't really see Eevee as being scummy at all, but maybe it's just that he hasn't said much?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: January 21, 2014, 01:08:28 pm »

I'm going to reread the thread tomorrow or tonight and see where I stand on everyone. You're voting for him because of PoE right ? Or is there something more ?
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: January 21, 2014, 01:10:30 pm »

I'm going to reread the thread tomorrow or tonight and see where I stand on everyone. You're voting for him because of PoE right ? Or is there something more ?

I'm voting him because there's no reason not to, basically. So yes, D1 POE.

The full line of thinking is that top posters are usually town and/or scum who are creating a track record that will hang themselves later. I also considered who was voting/getting the game moving, a town goal.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: January 21, 2014, 01:11:05 pm »

And if you like traditional D1 voting (I don't), his summary post "smells" scummy.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: January 21, 2014, 01:12:32 pm »

So, I'm trying to figure out who I could switch my vote to, and I'm not seeing many good options.

Jimmmmm - this is pretty null, and I do not see a good reason for a vote right now.
AHoppy - lurky for sure. But he has been that way in the only other game I've played with him (M31), and was town there. Should definitely get in here and tell us his thoughts though.
Robz888 - usual D1 lurker!Robz, I'd like to keep him around for now.
Twistedarcher - active and pushing the game along. Not lynching yet.
Archetype - the way he started this game gave me a town read, now he's lurking as he does as either alignment.
Voltaire - also active and has some good contributions. Should be left alive for now.
yuma - don't know. I guess I always have a tendency to think he's scum. But there's nothing particularly scummy about his play.
chairs - forgot about the game, and seems to forget about it again. But that's what he does as town.
Eevee - everything that happened left me with a null read. I like to think that there was some scum involved in the whole Eevee/Teproc/yuma/TA discussion though.
faust - me.
scott_pilgrim - newbie, let's let him live.
pingpongsam - even though he seems so scummy to me, ultimately I arrived at a point where I think scum wouldn't want to expose themselves like that, especially in this game. And pps learned this lesson the hard way in RMM12.
Teproc - scummy, as detailed above.

I have taken more people out of the lynch pool here than I usually would because I would not be unhappy about a no lynch. For those still in the pool, this is my lynch preference:

Teproc

AHoppy
yuma
Jimmmmm
Eevee
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: January 21, 2014, 01:14:34 pm »

The thing about "traditional" D1 voting is that it creates what you need for PoE to work. I agree that PoE is much more effective in general, but if everyone was doing the same thing as you, I don't think it would be.

My question wasn't a criticism though.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: January 21, 2014, 01:16:32 pm »

The thing about "traditional" D1 voting is that it creates what you need for PoE to work. I agree that PoE is much more effective in general, but if everyone was doing the same thing as you, I don't think it would be.

My question wasn't a criticism though.

Wait, what? We should still do traditional D1 voting. That's why I have the list of who I think was doing that in my earlier post! I suppose I should have said "traditional D1 lynching" earlier.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: January 21, 2014, 02:03:26 pm »

Vote: chairs

How could anyone lurk more than I have lurked? I deliberately ignored this game. for like more than a week.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: January 21, 2014, 02:05:30 pm »

Deliberately ? Why did you deliberately ignore this game ?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: January 21, 2014, 02:18:26 pm »

Because I didn't have time for it, given IRL considerations, the other game and Survivor. That's what I said before.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: January 21, 2014, 02:20:31 pm »

Right, I guess I took "deliberately" to mean that it was a part of a strategy or something (like when O tried not to post before he got to L-1, but less extreme). It didn't make much sense to me but I figured I'd ask.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: January 21, 2014, 02:22:40 pm »

Gotcha.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: January 21, 2014, 02:59:49 pm »

So, like, 1.5 days until deadline and we're not close to a lynch. I really think we need to lynch a lurker.

Vote count please!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: January 21, 2014, 03:01:25 pm »

So, like, 1.5 days until deadline and we're not close to a lynch. I really think we need to lynch a lurker.

Vote count please!

Then vote for Eevee!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: January 21, 2014, 03:02:27 pm »

Vote count please!

Then vote for Eevee!

I don't think he's the right lurker to lynch!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: January 21, 2014, 03:03:17 pm »

Vote count please!

Then vote for Eevee!

I don't think he's the right lurker to lynch!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: January 21, 2014, 03:04:16 pm »

CHairs! Make it chairs.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: MXXXVII - Diffusion of Power (Signups full!)
« Reply #596 on: January 21, 2014, 03:07:04 pm »

Robz888 (1): pingpongsam
Twistedarcher (2): Eevee, chairs, scott_p
Eevee (4): Twistedarcher, Archetype, yuma, Jimmmmm
AHoppy (1): Voltaire
Jimmmm (1): Teproc
Teproc (1): faust
chairs (1): Robz

Not Voting (1): Ahoppy

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: January 21, 2014, 03:10:29 pm »

What's the case on Eevee, aside from what TA presented (which is not convincing to me)?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: January 21, 2014, 03:10:41 pm »

Twistedarcher : 66 (we'll take him out for post count AND for helping move the game forward, if he's scum he'll trip up later, and it'd be horrible to lynch one of town's biggest contributor if that's the case)
yuma : 56
Jimmmmm : 50
pingpongsam : 44
faust : 43
Voltaire : 43
nkirbit/Teproc : 41

{cut-off}

Eevee : 16
Archetype : 15
AHoppy : 13
scott_pilgrim : 11
Robz : 11
chairs : 8

and I'm left with a lynch pool that looks like this, in order:

AHoppy
Archetype
Teproc
pps
Jimmmmm

(edits done to the post above for clarity)

Voltaire, look at where you are leaving us though....

You say you want a lurker lynch and then remove four of the lurkers from contention! (scott, Robz, chairs and Eevee)... leaving only archetype and ahoppy! Now I agree with scott (newbie... and chairs due to him forgetting about the game, which I do think reads more townie)...

So why dont' you just say you want to lynch archetype or ahoppy directly...?

But you can't say "I just want a lurker lynch!" and then remove four of the lurkers from your pool and expect us to be ok with that....

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: January 21, 2014, 03:11:40 pm »

What's the case on Eevee, aside from what TA presented (which is not convincing to me)?

he's a lurker. That is enough. You can't make a case on a lurker, there isn't enough to "make a huge case". Hence why we are voting for him. There a few things, but that is the whole point of lurking as scum... you can't say things that will get you in trouble.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 71  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 16 queries.