Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 125  All

Author Topic: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 7)  (Read 268910 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XIX: Deep Space Nine Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #400 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:24 pm »

I will definitely be giving reads today, I realize that there is a big target on my back. But I confess to not having many strong reads right now. Especially scum reads.

Town reads on Robz, Jimmmmmm

I guess slightly scummy on Eevee and TheMunch but those are very very weak reads.

I will go back and figure things out, school just started, life is busier and I have to settle into a routine. I will get around to things though.

I don't think this is ever a good idea, if you have reads but don't have time to explain them, say that and wait to post reads till you can explain. Saying town read on X and scum read on X with no backup hurts town in my opinion. Also I've noticed while going through this turns one post about reads into two posts, over 16 pages things like this are going to drastically increase your post count, this will later muddle the read on you which if you are town is anti town, I want an accurate reason to make town reads on people.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 07, 2013, 08:50:52 pm »

Eevee your voting for Cuzz seems strange. You seemed to sheep what I didn't think was that strong an argument by Galz, and later you said you had a noread on Cuzz, and that you buy his reasons for being silent. What about Cuzz makes you think he's scummy?

Ditto

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 07, 2013, 08:52:16 pm »

I don't have a compelling case. But your complete 180 on Eevee is weird. You went from having a case against him, to saying "maybe this case is not so good," to suddenly saying you will almost definitely not support his lynch today. To me that kind of attitude should be reserved for someone you have a strong townread on, and I'm not sure where that comes from.

Do you also have a scum read on Jimm due to this?
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 07, 2013, 08:54:03 pm »

I don't have a compelling case. But your complete 180 on Eevee is weird. You went from having a case against him, to saying "maybe this case is not so good," to suddenly saying you will almost definitely not support his lynch today. To me that kind of attitude should be reserved for someone you have a strong townread on, and I'm not sure where that comes from.

Do you also have a scum read on Jimm due to this?

Eh, not super strong, but it seems a bit suspicious.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 07, 2013, 08:58:44 pm »

I will definitely be giving reads today, I realize that there is a big target on my back. But I confess to not having many strong reads right now. Especially scum reads.

Town reads on Robz, Jimmmmmm

I guess slightly scummy on Eevee and TheMunch but those are very very weak reads.

I will go back and figure things out, school just started, life is busier and I have to settle into a routine. I will get around to things though.

I don't think this is ever a good idea, if you have reads but don't have time to explain them, say that and wait to post reads till you can explain. Saying town read on X and scum read on X with no backup hurts town in my opinion. Also I've noticed while going through this turns one post about reads into two posts, over 16 pages things like this are going to drastically increase your post count, this will later muddle the read on you which if you are town is anti town, I want an accurate reason to make town reads on people.

I don't agree with this at all. If you're town, saying as much about your thoughts as possible is pro-town, even if you don't have the time to flesh those thoughts out fully. I also really don't agree that the type of behavior you're talking about is going to inflate someone's post count to the point where it would muddle anyone's reads. Post counts are a heuristic tool to determine who's really not contributing, but they're just one tool of many, and far from foolproof.

Also, there's no need to call out Dsell because he's town.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 07, 2013, 08:59:18 pm »

There are three people whose lynches I will almost definitely not be supporting today: Galz, Dsell and Eevee. Galz because he's Galz and he's busy. Dsell because he's probably Town and we need more evidence on him than we can probably get today. Eevee's probably from more of an emotional standpoint. I had this big case on him, and it kind of died, and I kind of just want to move on.

I'm in your corner with Eevee.  Not voting for him unless he does something awful.

I don't care for this absolving Eevee of all suspicion thing. Disagreeing with the earlier cases on him is one thing, but I really can't see how that translates into making him lynchproof D1. (I realize I'm exaggerating your positions a bit but hopefully people get my point)

Oh I'm sick of talking about Eevee. But I will gladly listen to any compelling case you have on him.

Be my guest.

Eevee is a nullread for me now. I thought I had a really strong case on him, I just didn't see a world where Town Eevee would say both of those things. But then I realised I hadn't fully understood where he was coming from with one of them, but didn't think that totally destroyed my case. Then I thought about it more and a Town Eevee started making a lot more sense to me. Maybe I shouldn't go with what I feel like doing, but I just don't want to focus on Eevee any more today.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 07, 2013, 09:01:07 pm »

Cuzz has said very little, and what he has said I haven't agreed with. I am keeping my vote on him until someone does something more suspicious or until he stops fitting my scum narrative for him perfectly.

Yes, I realize this is somewhat unfair for Cuzz, but I really do think this game needs more voting.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 07, 2013, 09:03:01 pm »

There are three people whose lynches I will almost definitely not be supporting today: Galz, Dsell and Eevee. Galz because he's Galz and he's busy. Dsell because he's probably Town and we need more evidence on him than we can probably get today. Eevee's probably from more of an emotional standpoint. I had this big case on him, and it kind of died, and I kind of just want to move on.

I'm in your corner with Eevee.  Not voting for him unless he does something awful.

I don't care for this absolving Eevee of all suspicion thing. Disagreeing with the earlier cases on him is one thing, but I really can't see how that translates into making him lynchproof D1. (I realize I'm exaggerating your positions a bit but hopefully people get my point)

Oh I'm sick of talking about Eevee. But I will gladly listen to any compelling case you have on him.

Be my guest.

Eevee is a nullread for me now. I thought I had a really strong case on him, I just didn't see a world where Town Eevee would say both of those things. But then I realised I hadn't fully understood where he was coming from with one of them, but didn't think that totally destroyed my case. Then I thought about it more and a Town Eevee started making a lot more sense to me. Maybe I shouldn't go with what I feel like doing, but I just don't want to focus on Eevee any more today.

Let's say we forget about the whole situation with your earlier case on Eevee and throw it all away. You're still saying that you refuse to consider voting for someone today whom you do not have a townread on, and that's an anti-town attitude.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 07, 2013, 09:05:39 pm »

Cuzz has said very little, and what he has said I haven't agreed with. I am keeping my vote on him until someone does something more suspicious or until he stops fitting my scum narrative for him perfectly.

Yes, I realize this is somewhat unfair for Cuzz, but I really do think this game needs more voting.

Examples, maybe? You also said this earlier:

Cuzz
Noread, but I buy his reasons for being this silent.

so I'm not sure what changed.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 07, 2013, 09:07:04 pm »

And what's this scum narrative for me of yours that I'm fitting so perfectly? I'm not saying the idea is inconceivable but you're not backing up your assertions at all here.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 07, 2013, 09:08:30 pm »

Be my guest.

Let's say we forget about the whole situation with your earlier case on Eevee and throw it all away. You're still saying that you refuse to consider voting for someone today whom you do not have a townread on, and that's an anti-town attitude.

Okay sure. If a wagon starts on Eevee and people are making solid cases on him, and I buy them and think that he is our best lynch, I will vote for him. I just don't really see that happening and I probably won't be trying to start one unless he says something outrageous. I didn't mean to say I would refuse to vote for him.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 07, 2013, 09:12:35 pm »

Vote: Eevee

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 07, 2013, 09:14:09 pm »

Are you voting for me because you think I'm inventing suspicion on you?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 07, 2013, 09:18:12 pm »

Because you said a bunch of stuff in your "explanation" of your vote on me that you didn't back up at all, and I found that scummy.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 07, 2013, 09:21:33 pm »

Also, there's no need to call out Dsell because he's town.

Well as much as I'd like to, I can't agree with this. At least in terms of my play. Calling me out as scum would be incorrect, but if I am playing badly or do something that someone doesn't like I have no problem being called out on it. Like, currently I am being really lurky and I realize it (and I apologize, but like I said I am doing what I can but I have to get used to a new RL schedule).
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 07, 2013, 09:23:05 pm »

Okay, I've had a weird feeling from mcmc all game, but haven't really been able to place it. I had a bit of a read of his only other game I and I think I know what it is now. Consider this post:

I can clarify my defensiveness right now. I'm 19 and playing a game with my brothers friends, something I have always wanted to do, I like my brother and his friends quite a bit. So if I think your misconstruing defensiveness as nervousness because i'm just that, nervous about being liked and accepted by all of you.

Even though he was scum in that game, I think this was pretty genuine.
Now bear in mind that if mcmc is Town this game, it is his first game as Town, in fact his first game for which he doesn't know the entire setup. I remember my first few games I was Town and got pretty overwhelmed because I just wanted to be right with my votes and lynches and anyone could be scum, anyone could be Town, who could I trust or listen to or who was trying to trick me? I'm just not seeing this with mcmc, and I would expect it even more from someone who has played before as scum, and who is putting pressure on himself to be liked. But he seems to be "reading" and suspecting and voting just as much as when he was scum.

So now that I've heard from him and we're voting more, I will Vote: mcmcsalot.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 07, 2013, 09:28:09 pm »

Because you said a bunch of stuff in your "explanation" of your vote on me that you didn't back up at all, and I found that scummy.
Okay. It's meh, voting without explanations is scummy, I wanted to put my vote somewhere because not voting just seems pointless, but I can't voice my tiny suspicions on you very well.

I thought it was wrong to suspect you before you actually had time to post. Now you have had, and you still don't seem towny to me. Might have a scum bias on you though, especially now. But it's fine, even "bad" suspicions are good because they bring out reactions.

The thing I didn't agree with was you calling me scummy all the time. But giving Jimmm hard time about his wording about voting me is reasonable, I give you that. Still, nothing you has said has stricken to me as a particularly towny. Again, I just wanted my vote somewhere, and it is maybe unfair of me to put it down on you just because you haven't given me townvibes when there'd be plenty of other, just as deserving people.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 07, 2013, 09:31:51 pm »

Okay. It's meh, voting without explanations is scummy, I wanted to put my vote somewhere because not voting just seems pointless, but I can't voice my tiny suspicions on you very well.

I thought it was wrong to suspect you before you actually had time to post. Now you have had, and you still don't seem towny to me. Might have a scum bias on you though, especially now. But it's fine, even "bad" suspicions are good because they bring out reactions.

The thing I didn't agree with was you calling me scummy all the time. But giving Jimmm hard time about his wording about voting me is reasonable, I give you that. Still, nothing you has said has stricken to me as a particularly towny. Again, I just wanted my vote somewhere, and it is maybe unfair of me to put it down on you just because you haven't given me townvibes when there'd be plenty of other, just as deserving people.

Bolded bit is completely untrue.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 07, 2013, 09:39:36 pm »

Okay, I've had a weird feeling from mcmc all game, but haven't really been able to place it. I had a bit of a read of his only other game I and I think I know what it is now. Consider this post:

I can clarify my defensiveness right now. I'm 19 and playing a game with my brothers friends, something I have always wanted to do, I like my brother and his friends quite a bit. So if I think your misconstruing defensiveness as nervousness because i'm just that, nervous about being liked and accepted by all of you.

Even though he was scum in that game, I think this was pretty genuine.
Now bear in mind that if mcmc is Town this game, it is his first game as Town, in fact his first game for which he doesn't know the entire setup. I remember my first few games I was Town and got pretty overwhelmed because I just wanted to be right with my votes and lynches and anyone could be scum, anyone could be Town, who could I trust or listen to or who was trying to trick me? I'm just not seeing this with mcmc, and I would expect it even more from someone who has played before as scum, and who is putting pressure on himself to be liked. But he seems to be "reading" and suspecting and voting just as much as when he was scum.

So now that I've heard from him and we're voting more, I will Vote: mcmcsalot.

This seems ever so slightly off to me.  You say he's Reading, suspecting and voting just as much as when he was scum, but he's thrown out like 3 suspicions that I can recall and a single vote.  (He suspected Eevee based on your case, then you and Ashersky.  He's voted Ashersky only the whole game).

So, I'm going to Vote: Eevee at the moment.  I feel like the Eevee that finds people scummy and then backs down is scum-Eevee...and what the heck, let's see if we can start another wagon on him.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 07, 2013, 09:45:42 pm »

ScumEevee finds people scummy and doesn't let go until they are lynched.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 07, 2013, 09:51:31 pm »

I THINK that this is "all" i have left for today. Time to turn the pages and begin the last grind.
It's been 11 hours so far today. ;-; Going back to work tomorrow is going to feel like a day off.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 07, 2013, 10:05:31 pm »

Eevee, can you respond to these two things, because I feel like our little back and forth died and I was having fun with it.

1. What do you mean by this?

I am keeping my vote on him until someone does something more suspicious or until he stops fitting my scum narrative for him perfectly.

2. How can you justify this statement when at the time I had done no such thing?

The thing I didn't agree with was you calling me scummy all the time.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: January 07, 2013, 10:05:53 pm »

Well, Jimm has managed to completely destroy the towncred he had in my eyes. His total 180 on Eevee makes no sense to me.

I actually continue to find Eevee scum, based on some of the better of the earlier reasons (I still say him not knowing his PM was an exaggeration at least), and also, what Munch said about him. He does feel off. And look, I usually get huge townreads on Eevee, and I'm usually right about it. The last game, Eevee was scum, and I did not get an immediate huge townread on Eevee. So I am at least somewhat competent at reading Eevee, and you know what? I definitely see this Eevee as closer to scum!Eevee than town!Eevee.

But Jimm, I absolutely do not get Jimm's unwillingness to lynch Eevee. Like, I am not willing to say "I won't vote for X" about anyone except myself and Dsell.

Raerae also said the thing about being against the Eevee lynch, and that also bothered me. Look people, something is off with Eevee. That's my conclusion, anyway.

I'm not sure what's scummier: Eevee, or not recognizing how suspicious Eevee is.

So anyway, my scumread on Eevee remains relatively high, and Jimm has now joined that list. He also looks like he's scrambling to justify his Eevee opinions now. That's not a good sign.

Vote: Eevee again, I guess.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 07, 2013, 10:07:11 pm »

Well, Jimm has managed to completely destroy the towncred he had in my eyes. His total 180 on Eevee makes no sense to me.

I actually continue to find Eevee scum, based on some of the better of the earlier reasons (I still say him not knowing his PM was an exaggeration at least), and also, what Munch said about him. He does feel off. And look, I usually get huge townreads on Eevee, and I'm usually right about it. The last game, Eevee was scum, and I did not get an immediate huge townread on Eevee. So I am at least somewhat competent at reading Eevee, and you know what? I definitely see this Eevee as closer to scum!Eevee than town!Eevee.

But Jimm, I absolutely do not get Jimm's unwillingness to lynch Eevee. Like, I am not willing to say "I won't vote for X" about anyone except myself and Dsell.

Raerae also said the thing about being against the Eevee lynch, and that also bothered me. Look people, something is off with Eevee. That's my conclusion, anyway.

I'm not sure what's scummier: Eevee, or not recognizing how suspicious Eevee is.

So anyway, my scumread on Eevee remains relatively high, and Jimm has now joined that list. He also looks like he's scrambling to justify his Eevee opinions now. That's not a good sign.

Vote: Eevee again, I guess.

I totally agree with everything in this post.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 07, 2013, 10:08:18 pm »

Oh, also Jimm now looks like he's trying to divert to Mcmc, who is not registering scum to me at all this game. He's my brother, and he did fool me in his first game, Blitz... but he is way more active here than he was there, and I know he has MORE IRL commitments right now, not less. I think that definitely gives him towncred. Also, the things he's said, they aren't like the most comprehensive opinions ever, but they do have meat. So again, points against Jimm.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 125  All

Page created in 2.468 seconds with 22 queries.