Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 101203 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day6
« Reply #1175 on: February 28, 2014, 10:43:42 pm »

Cute. EFHW tried to kill me, faust guarded me. This is actually really straightforward except for the fact that EFHW has two lives left.

Why do you say that's the only possibility?  If you were being honest you would acknowledge that it is also possible that you shot fFust yourself.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 28, 2014, 10:48:23 pm »

Cute. EFHW tried to kill me, faust guarded me. This is actually really straightforward except for the fact that EFHW has two lives left.

Why do you say that's the only possibility?  If you were being honest you would acknowledge that it is also possible that you shot fFust yourself.

Well, yeah, obviously faust has to chose between our words.

Also, this "yeah but what if you were SCUM!" is very, very silly. Yes, if I were scum I could have shot faust. That is possible from his point of view.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 28, 2014, 11:21:13 pm »

The only standard roles I can think of that I could get that could get us thru the night would be roleblocker and jailkeeper.  Doctor if I heal you and you protect me, but then you have have decided I'm town.  But even if I stop him overnight, we're still back in this situation the next day with no new info except my first flip.  I guess surviving the night would prove I was town since if scum I would have shot one of you.  But if I get some investigative role or something else not sufficiently protective then we are toast.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 28, 2014, 11:28:52 pm »

The only reason I can think of that the game isn't over is EFHW"s second role, or your current role faust, must be able to stop a kill. (that would mean EFHW's second is negative utility for scum of course). Only reason the game isn't a scum victory right now.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 28, 2014, 11:33:28 pm »

So actually, if I am scum and you lynch me, then you lose anyway.  The only chance to win that I can see at this moment is to lynch Voltaire.  And, by happy coincidence, that will work great!  I wish I had thought of this a few posts ago, would have saved you some reading and me a lot of phone typing.

PPE. Interesting theory.  I guess if I were scum yuma could just endgame it right now.  Unless, like you say, scum!me would be unable to kill overnight.  Academic though, since there is no scum!me in this game.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1180 on: February 28, 2014, 11:36:10 pm »

You also reminded me that his bodyguard power is gone, so Doctor would not help, unless he is one too. 

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 28, 2014, 11:39:09 pm »

You also reminded me that his bodyguard power is gone, so Doctor would not help, unless he is one too.

His forced bodyguard is gone. That's what was one-shot. Unless he withheld more.

I'm gonna be V/LA tomorrow until late tonight. I'll check back in then to see if faust has posted and if we're winning or losing.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 28, 2014, 11:43:46 pm »

His forced bodyguard is gone. That's what was one-shot. Unless he withheld more.

I'm gonna be V/LA tomorrow until late tonight. I'll check back in then to see if faust has posted and if we're winning or losing.

The whole thing is gone.  He has a new power now.  I hope it's Daycop (:

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 28, 2014, 11:45:48 pm »

Oh duh.

OK then, yeah, whatever his current power is must be able to stop a kill, unless you're going to respawn with some sort of power that with only two townies left will force your kill not to go through. Which I find much less likely.

Y'know, why not? This is obvious. vote: EFHW.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: March 01, 2014, 03:15:41 am »

Well, that would be a neat theory, right? Except I guarded EFHW!
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1185 on: March 01, 2014, 03:27:33 am »

Just for the record, here's my thought process for guarding EFHW:

Possilility 1: Voltaire is scum
In this situation, it would be the better move for sure. And Voltaire would either need to give a result or say he couldn't, which would catch him in a lie like now.

Possibility 2: EFHW is scum
Well, EFHW would obviously shoot Voltaire tonight. So what to do? We can't kill EFHW without me getting a neat second power, really. But EFHW has this lovers thing going. So I target her in the night, she kills Voltaire, next Day, we are both alive and lovers. We no-lynch, and in the night, she has the option of killing us both, giving us our second roles. If she does, I have 1 Day and 1 night to use my power against her (there already were some Day-powers, so this might have been important). If she doesn't, I just target her and we remain lovers.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: March 01, 2014, 03:29:29 am »

Also, I'll tell you that my second role kinda sucks. Which is okay I guess, my first role was really nifty. But there's no way to stop scum!EFHW from winning here.

So vote: Voltaire, I seem to have been right at the beginning.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: March 01, 2014, 03:38:12 am »

I will add that Voltaire/Walrus (if indeed the scum team) played quite well this game. After Walrus' flip, I was quite sure that Voltaire couldn't be his partner. The way Walrus reacted to the challenging was good, and then his second claim mirrored Voltaire's, so it really made me think Voltaire is not his partner.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: March 01, 2014, 08:23:11 am »

Then there must be redirecting or busdriving going on somewhere. faust I don't know what I can do to convince you but I'm town.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: March 01, 2014, 08:34:45 am »

Then there must be redirecting or busdriving going on somewhere. faust I don't know what I can do to convince you but I'm town.

You can do nothing to convince me. If you are town, this game is already lost.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1190 on: March 01, 2014, 08:53:16 am »

Vote Count 6.2

EFHW (1): Voltaire
Voltaire (1): faust

Not Voting (1): EFHW

With 3 alive it takes 2 to lynch.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: March 01, 2014, 11:27:21 am »

Yay faust!  The lovers thing is used up and I'd probably still win if we were lovers, but NVM that.  vote: Voltaire.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: March 01, 2014, 05:31:20 pm »

:( congrats EFHW

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: March 01, 2014, 06:21:19 pm »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: March 01, 2014, 06:27:20 pm »

Per yuma, it is now twilight.  The dead may not post.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: March 01, 2014, 07:17:09 pm »

Final Day6 Vote Count

EFHW (1): Voltaire
Voltaire (1): faust, EFHW

Voltaire has been lynched. He was Michael Bluth, the CEO of All Trades, a Bad Bluth.

Town Wins! The Bluth Family money is now safe. GOB, the Black-Balled Magician, a Good Bluth and Oscar Bluth, the Commuting Lover, a Secondary Character will share the responsibility of CEO duties of the newly formed Bluth Company

Thread Unlocked for everyone!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: March 01, 2014, 07:17:44 pm »

Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are Michael, a Bad Bluth.

Your role is a CEO of All Trades. It took you a long time to make your way up to the top. But your work and patience paid off. You have learned a lot as the CEO of the Bluth Company, lots of tricks of the trade to deal with shady characters, sometimes you needed to use more than one at a time. Each night you may select three of the following roles, but only two will be used chosen at random. If a role targets a player you may select who you would target if it is selected. You will be notified at the end of night of which role you used, but necessarily if it was successful. Your role is made up of the roles Ninja, Strongman, Role Cop, Roleblock, Bulletproof, Bus Driver and Godfather. You may only select one power to potentially use on consecutive nights. The other two must be different from the night before. However, if you select a power two nights in a row it will be exhausted and you will no longer be able to select from it.
Ninja – You will not be seen by investigative roles while performing night actions.
Strongman – Your night actions cannot be blocked by protective or blocking roles.
Role Cop – You will be told the role name and a very brief summary of what it does for the player you target that night.
Bus Driver – Target two players, any roles that would target one will now target the other instead.
Godfather – You will be seen as innocent to all investigative roles except for rolecops and tracker variants.
Bulletproof - Will protect you from one kill during the night.
Roleblocker - The player you target will be prevented from using their role.

You are currently undercover as Barry Zuckercorn, a Secondary Character. You will maintain this cover in regard to any investigation, flip and power usage until the day or night phase following your death. After this you will be respawned as the Bad Bluth character above. Your undercover win condition is to eliminate all threats to the Bluth Family.

Your role is: Attorney Gladiator. Slimy, creepy and just plain weird are how any of your clients would describe you, but you are efficient... at getting your or your client in hot water, that is. On any given day you may challenge any other player to an in game lawsuit where you will be tried by a jury of your peers by typing the thread Challenge: player in bold. At that point the player lynched that day must either be you or him. The winner of the lawsuit (the player who does not get lynched) will receive a prize. If you win, you will gain your opponents role power until you die. If you lose, your opponent will become a Gladiator in addition to the power they already have.
Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are George Michael, a Mafia Aligned Bad Bluth.

Your role: Partial Deathproof Remover. You are just such a nice guy that when people that anyone you get close to will melt a little bit inside and take down some of their defenses. It is up to you whether or not to use that advantage for good or for evil. As a result they will lose part of their deathproof ability that all players have been given. Specifically they will lose deathproof in regard to lynches. This means that if a person you target with your role will not regenerate after being lynched, but if they are NKed they will still regenerate like normal. You will also learn the role of the Good Bluth character of the player you targeted if they are successfully lynched later in the game.

You are currently undercover as Steve Holt, a Secondary Character. You will maintain this cover in regard to any investigation, flip and power usage until the day or night phase following your death. After this you will be respawned as the Bad Bluth character above. Your undercover win condition is to eliminate all threats to the Bluth Family.

Your role is Dumb, Good Jock. STEVE HOLT! You are an OK guy. You are dumb, but you are an OK guy. But you also have some secrets that no one else knows about. You are also mildly decent at a bunch of different things, but get confused really easily when you are doing them. Once each night you may target a player. This player will either be Doctored, Jailed or Roleblocked. But you don’t know which, nor will you told which you used during the night.
Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are Oscar, a Secondary Character.

Your role is: Commuting Lover. There isn't anything more important to you than your stash of weed. Family is important, especially your twin brother and your son, but even they can't compare with the rapturous feeling you get when you are high. On any two nights you may commute to a heavenly high by smoking your pot. If you do and if anyone comes looking for you to target during the night they won’t be able to find you. Instead they will find your stash and decide to have a smoke as well. As a result they will commute up to a heavenly high with you (but still be available to target). However, because of your night of high-jinx you will develop a pot induced relationship with this player and you will become temporary lovers. If either of you or your new lover dies during the next day or night you will both die. Only you will both be notified that you became lovers and with whom during the night. If more than one player targets you while you are commuting the player with the role that is highest up the natural resolution chain will commute with you, the other will have no effect.
Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are Lucille Austero, a Secondary Character.

Your role is a Vertigo Re-director. You have had a grudge against the Bluths for quite a while. It isn't to say that they don't deserve it as they have made your life pretty miserable for a while and have aggravated your vertigo which makes your decisions a little wobbly. Each night you may target another player and re-direct their role, but because you suffer from vertigo this process ends up being a bit screwy. You are only able to re-direct their power toward yourself or back at the player you initially targeted. Because you are an aspiring politician, you can’t get your hands dirty, so your re-direct power does not affect night kills in any way and they will be processed as they normally would.
Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are Tony Wonder, a Secondary Character.

Your role is: Magic Bodyguarder. You are the best magician in town. But you also lead a secret double life that no one knows about. Each night your role allows you to expose yourself to protect someone else from a potential NK by bodyguarding them with your magic. If that player is targeted for a night kill, you will die instead. Or, once during the game you may use your abilities to magically coerce someone to bodyguard you instead, causing them to die instead of you if you are targeted for a night kill. If no one targets you for a night kill nothing will happen. The player you target will not be notified in either case.
Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are Ann Veal, a Secondary Character.

Your role is: Rolecopping Neighborizor. You have a tendency to just blend in with your surroundings: eggs, plants, little guys, but it doesn't faze you as you just put your trust in Jesus. You are a religious nut and want to invite everyone to your bible study group. Each night you may target a player. You will befriend them and take them to a bible study quicktopic the moderator will create. There you will interrogate them about their lives and sins and will learn something about their role (but not their alignment). At most two sentences of their role description, but not the actual role description will be posted by the mod as the first post of the thread. (The player neighborized will be able to decide how much to tell you about, but will not know it is you they are communicating with until after accessing the QT). Both of you will be able to communicate during that night and any successive nights that you are both still alive. The information posted will only pertain to roles but will be guaranteed to be accurate but may be redacted.
Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are Annyong, a Secondary Character.

Your role is: 2-shot Temporary Vanillaiser. You have come to America to seek revenge on the Bluths family for destroying your father and his Banana Stand. Undercover you will destroy as much of the Bluth's power as possible. You come with a power to weaken them if you so choose. Twice at night you may target any player (including yourself). For the remainder of that night, this player will become Vanilla regardless of their alignment. It will only last for one night and for all night action purposes at night that player will be Vanilla. This will effectively block them from using their role.
Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are Carl Weathers, a Secondary Character.

Your role is: 2-shot Day Rolestealing Vigilante. You are the weirdest acting coach of all time, but the true secret to your success is taking down your fellow actors, stealing their storylines and using it for yourself like you did with the Bluths. That and being extremely cheap when it comes to money. Your role is comprised of a 2-shot Day Vig/Rolestealing power. On any two separate days you may target a player by typing in bold DayVig: player. This player will die and you may inherit their role until you die. You will not be told what the role is before you have to decide if you want it. If you choose to inherit you will forfeit your second dayvig power. If you do not choose to inherit that role your second kill will result in you inheriting the second player's role until you die.
Welcome to Arrested Development Mafia, X. You are Gene Parmesan, a Secondary Character. Your win condition is to eliminate all threats to the Bluth Family.

Your role is: Sly Investigator. You are pretty sneaky, always capable of getting information when it is most needed to those on your side. Unfortunately you are also a bumbling fool. As a result your results aren’t always what you originally intended. You are a 4-shot Watcher, Tracker, Follower and Voyeur. Each night you may select a player to target. You will use one of the four roles on the player, but you won’t know which one until at the end of night when you receive a result. However each role can only be used once.
Watching: target a player and see if anyone targets them during the night.
Tracking: target a player and see who that player targets during the night.
Follower: target a player and see what type of action they took.
Voyeur: target a player and see what type of action targeted them.
Welcome back to Arrested Development Mafia. You have been respawned as Lucille, a Good Bluth.

Your new role is: Aid Required Vigilante. You have always been pathetic. Being upper class has left you sad, lonely and alcoholic. There isn't much of anything you can do on your own. Each night you may select a target to kill during the night. However, because you are pathetic and always need the help of one of your children, or your maid or a neighbor to solve your problems, you will only be successful if another player targets your night kill the same night. If the other action is protective, it will overpower it. If you are the only player to target your kill, your target will live through the night.
Welcome back to Arrested Development Mafia. You have been respawned as Tobias, a Good Bluth.

Your new role is: 2-shot Analrapist. Your role sounds a lot worse than it is. Your acting career has flopped so it is time to go back to the career you were trained in. As an analrapist you are a 2-shot Psychologist/Detective. Once at night you may target an Arrested Development flavor name as a Psychologist and once as a Detective--on separate nights. As a Psychologist you will learn if that player currently has the ability to kill anyone during the night. However, if they have already killed they will lie to you. As a Detective you will learn if that player has already killed someone in the game. You may not target the same player twice. Targeting a flavor that does not exist will result in you receiving a negative result.
Welcome back to Arrested Development Mafia. You have been respawned as Buster, a Good Bluth.

Your new role is: Monster. You are a monster. Your hook or claw would make any small child run away in fear. Despite this neighbors continue to ask you to help watch their small children, but really you have the mind of a child yourself. Your role is comprised of a compulsive Paranoid-Hook Owning Babysitter. Each night you must choose a player to babysit that night. Any kills targeting them will fail. However, if you are killed your babysat player will die as well. If anyone other than a killing role targets your target you will kill them during the night using your PHO.
Welcome back to Arrested Development Mafia. You have been respawned as Maeby, a Good Bluth.

Your new role is: Not So Innocent Child. You are innocent on the inside, but no one will believe you because on the outside you just aren’t very innocent. Even if some higher power with omnipotence, such as Ron Howard the moderator, were to confirm you as innocent people would have a hard time believing it. In fact they would probably only believe it if you died and they saw you go straight to heaven. At any time during any day—or night--you may claim your role as an innocent child. If you do, you will become mod-confirmed as an innocent child and aligned as town. However, claiming comes with a price. If you claim, you will be mod-killed at the start of the next day or night (fi you decided to claim during the night). Rules clarification: You may flavor claim w/o consequences. You may allude to your power, but this is a fine line. Please PM before posting something to determine whether or not allusions or hints to your powers cross the line.
Welcome back to Arrested Development Mafia. You have been respawned as Lindsay, a Good Bluth.

Your new role is: Compulsive Bad Cook. You are a pretty terrible mother, even when you try your best. You have read books like Eat, Love, Pray to try and become a better person, but perhaps it was because you only read the Eat & Love parts and skipped the Pray part. As a result everything you try to do as a mother might not succeed and might even do significant damage. Each night you must target another player. This will protect someone from a night kill. However, if you are the only player to target another player that night they will be poisoned by your bad cooking and will be out of commission for the day (they won’t be dead, but won’t be able to post, vote, be voted or be considered for vote count purposes) but will come back to normal at the beginning of twilight. You may not target yourself.
Welcome back to Arrested Development Mafia. You have been respawned as G.O.B., a Good Bluth.

Your new role is: Black-Balled Magician. After some bad behavior you have been punished by the Magician's Alliance and are left all alone. It sure is lonely without an organization to back you up when the going gets rough. You are a solitary mason, but do not yet know who your magician counterpart is (this has been determined randomly pre-game). Each night you may target a player of your choice. If you target that player you will be told that their are your partner and be let back into the alliance. However, because of your bad behavior no one wants to be with you so you will not be given a quicktopic nor will your counter part be told of your affiliation. Rather you will just be told that your counterpart is town. If your counterpart dies before they are investigated by you, you will not be notified.
Welcome back to Arrested Development Mafia. You have been respawnded as George Sr., a Good Bluth.

Your new role is: 2-shot Warden.You spent a lot of time in prison for your crimes as CEO of the Bluth Company. You made quite a few connections while you were there and earned a few favors. Each night you may select two players to put in jail together. These players will only be able to target you and each other and won’t be targetable except by you and each other. However, you will still be able to be targeted by these players and by anyone else. These players will not be notified that they were put in jail together. You may not jail yourself.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: March 01, 2014, 07:18:07 pm »

Day1:
Voltaire Gladiators ashersky

Night1:
EFHW commutes
faust forces EFHW to bodyguard himself, becomes lovers with EFHW for next day/night
Eevee doesn't use Vanillaizer
ashersky vigs Voltaire (semi-strongman in effect because Arch/Walrus targeted Voltaire)
xeiron neighborizes/rolecops faust
Walrus kills ashersky
Voltaire re-directs no one
Archetype investigates Voltaire (Voyeur: investigative, killing and protecting)
Walrus targets Voltaire with Dumb Jock - Doc chosen

Day2:
joth dayvigs: eevee

Night2:
EFHW commutes
xeiron neighborizes/rolecops Arch
Archetype investigates Eevee (Tracks: result of joth)
Voltaire ninja/strongman kills Eevee, killing joth
Eevee babysits joth, killing Walrus
Walrus dumb jocks joth (roleblocks)
joth targets GOB Bluth (roleblocked - no result)
faust bodyguards archetype

Night3:
Faust bodyguards Voltaire
Voltaire kills xeiron
Voltaire is bulletproof
Voltaire bus drives Archetype and Voltaire
Archetype investigates Voltaire (but sees himself... Follower: investigative)
xeiron neighborizes/rolecops xeiron

Night4:
Voltaire Ninja kills xeiron
Voltaire roleblocks faust
faust bodyguards xeiron (blocked by Voltaire)
Archetype poisons Voltaire

Night5:
Voltaire kills faust
Voltaire is godfathered
faust bodyguards EFHW
Voltaire bus drives Voltaire and EFHW

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: March 01, 2014, 07:18:29 pm »

People.  Listen to me when I say things about Voltaire!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 20 queries.