Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 101200 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day3
« Reply #1025 on: February 20, 2014, 02:49:56 pm »

In N1, we spent some time talking about his role: he claimed, and I told him how his targeting worked exactly for me. He said he targeted me because my role seemed too powerful. I told him something so that he didn't believe that anymore. I also told him my night target and which action I performed. xeiron then states a town read on me because my role fits both the part of my role PM revealed and ashersky's role. He gave his reads in case he died, I don't think they're that relevant to reveal here. jotheonah was his top scum read. Then the night ended.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: February 20, 2014, 02:51:11 pm »

I just passed Voltaire in the Goko Pro Rankings
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: February 20, 2014, 06:05:36 pm »

Ok, I see he couldn't have talked to xeiron until after he was neighborized, so he would have placed the order before he talked to xeiron.  I'm glad to have that objection taken care of! 

I'm going to vote: xeiron.  He said he wants to catch people in lies, so he was holding back information.  But this is the lie catching stage right now.  We are about to lynch Archetype.  His pm info that xeiron would have received is very important, whether it supports or incriminates Arch, or does nothing at all.

The reason to hold back information is if that I may want to ask questions for clarification before I but forth information that may contradict other claims.

But I think I am not missing any oppurtunities by letting out some more now.

First, Archetypes PM says that he is capable of gathering information. That implies that he have a investigating role, like the one he claimed.

Second, there is one thing I noticed that I think may incriminate Archetype.
Archetype said to me that he did target eevee before the night action submission deadline, but got the resuts only after the night was over. I have the impression that in this game, all night action are submitted, processed and answered after the first night stage. Then the second night stage (around 24 hours long) is mainly for QT talking, and stuff. Meaning that Archetype may be lying about his role.

Do anyone else get results at the end of night?
Or is everyone as me; gets results after the first night stage?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: February 20, 2014, 06:40:46 pm »

As for lynching, I am leaning towards lynching someone with one life (walrus, voltaire) rather than two  lives if possible. The reason is that if we lynch them, we get immediate response in the form of a allignment flip. That is what we need now.
And even if we should mislynch, we will probably get another chance. I believe there is a pretty high chance that at least one of Voltaire and Walrus is scum. If we mislynch one, and the other is scum, scum would not be able to end the game as all their targets would have two lives.

On the other hand, if we lynch someone with two lives, we learn nothing and we will be on the same place tomorrow as today, exept that we can in no circumstances afford a mislynch.

We should only lynch someone with two lives today if we believe both remaining scum has two lives

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: February 20, 2014, 06:43:18 pm »

Sure, I'll claim. You know I'm a claiming addict haha! And this is one which is better to reveal:

I am George Michael, the Overprotected Nice Guy. It basically means I'm a doctor, but only if somebody else targets me that night. So yeah, somebody target me!

That's one reason I don't want to vote for Voltaire right now...his role seems to be a nice parallel to mine, mechanically and flavor-wise, even if it is a little dodgy verifiability-wise. And I still think one of the two-lifers is a better choice.
I think your role is closer to what (I'm guessing) ashersky's was. "Aid-Requiring" meaning he needs someone to target him for his power to work.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: February 20, 2014, 06:46:22 pm »

Ok, I see he couldn't have talked to xeiron until after he was neighborized, so he would have placed the order before he talked to xeiron.  I'm glad to have that objection taken care of! 

I'm going to vote: xeiron.  He said he wants to catch people in lies, so he was holding back information.  But this is the lie catching stage right now.  We are about to lynch Archetype.  His pm info that xeiron would have received is very important, whether it supports or incriminates Arch, or does nothing at all.

The reason to hold back information is if that I may want to ask questions for clarification before I but forth information that may contradict other claims.

But I think I am not missing any oppurtunities by letting out some more now.

First, Archetypes PM says that he is capable of gathering information. That implies that he have a investigating role, like the one he claimed.

Second, there is one thing I noticed that I think may incriminate Archetype.
Archetype said to me that he did target eevee before the night action submission deadline, but got the resuts only after the night was over. I have the impression that in this game, all night action are submitted, processed and answered after the first night stage. Then the second night stage (around 24 hours long) is mainly for QT talking, and stuff. Meaning that Archetype may be lying about his role.

Do anyone else get results at the end of night?
Or is everyone as me; gets results after the first night stage?
I think the only person who's roles is similar to mine (an Investigative role) is Voltaire's (if he's telling the truth). Do you get your results at the half-way point, or at the very end? I doublechecked my Role PM and it said that I'll receive my results (and whatever power I ended up using) at the end of the night.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: February 20, 2014, 06:47:17 pm »

Sure, I'll claim. You know I'm a claiming addict haha! And this is one which is better to reveal:

I am George Michael, the Overprotected Nice Guy. It basically means I'm a doctor, but only if somebody else targets me that night. So yeah, somebody target me!

That's one reason I don't want to vote for Voltaire right now...his role seems to be a nice parallel to mine, mechanically and flavor-wise, even if it is a little dodgy verifiability-wise. And I still think one of the two-lifers is a better choice.

Thought experiment:
If walrus doctors Faust and faust bodyguard walrus, both would be practically unkillable.
Or did i miss something?
Two townmembers that can protect eachother until infinity sounds totally broken. I smell a fakeclaim somewhere.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: February 20, 2014, 10:17:26 pm »

xeiron and faust, Archetype could have included most or all of his pm, is that right?  It seems suspicious that he didn't do that, seeing as we had all claimed. 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: February 20, 2014, 10:19:40 pm »

Thought experiment:
If walrus doctors Faust and faust bodyguard walrus, both would be practically unkillable.
Or did i miss something?
Two townmembers that can protect eachother until infinity sounds totally broken. I smell a fakeclaim somewhere.
Well Walrus said his power was randomly one of three.  Also roleblocking would stop it as well.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: February 20, 2014, 10:22:29 pm »

unvote. I also think xeiron has a point about lynching someone with only one life left.

Archetype

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: February 21, 2014, 01:00:18 am »

Thought experiment:
Or did i miss something?
Well Walrus said his power was randomly one of three.  Also roleblocking would stop it as well.
That was his old power. His new one allows for infinite protection, which is indeed suspicious.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: February 21, 2014, 02:23:55 am »

xeiron and faust, Archetype could have included most or all of his pm, is that right?  It seems suspicious that he didn't do that, seeing as we had all claimed.

You, there is only a fraction of the PM from which yuma lets you decide what is quoted. I think it was only a sentence or two from me.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: February 21, 2014, 02:48:51 am »

I don't like the way EFHW is playing right now. It seems like she's trying to sniff around for a viable lynch, rather than actually scumhunting. vote: EFHW

I imagined that ash's "aid-requiring" thing was more that somebody else had to target his target for it to work. I targeted Volt, so did he, so it fired...but maybe not. Either way my thing is conceptually similar.

xeiron, that's an interesting point. I don't think it's likely that faust is lying about his role, as I said. I would guess that scum has some sort of way around it...you know, roleblock, strongman, bus driver, something like that. The fact that we would have to announce it and plan ahead of time (to do it on purpose) possibly means scum could mess with it somehow.

Well, I do think it's likely that the scum are hiding among the two-lifers. Especially if you're standing from where I am, obviously...just by the numbers, and that scum would try to play self-preservationally as possible.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: February 21, 2014, 02:59:33 am »

Thought experiment:
Or did i miss something?

This is a really good point. I think Walrus is the lynch of choice today.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: February 21, 2014, 03:50:44 am »

Walrus is my lynch of choice as well at the moment.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: February 21, 2014, 03:59:17 am »

What keeps you from voting then?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: February 21, 2014, 10:20:47 am »

vote: Walrus

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: February 21, 2014, 10:45:37 am »

Well, well... xeiron, Voltaire, are you ready to hammer? I think having the night fall over the weekend would be nice, and I do believe we exchanged all the important arguments here.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: February 21, 2014, 10:46:24 am »

Intent to hammer Walrus. Anything in particular we want? He's already claimed.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: February 21, 2014, 10:47:24 am »

Intent to hammer Walrus. Anything in particular we want? He's already claimed.

It's not the hammer, xeiron hasn't voted yet.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: February 21, 2014, 10:48:09 am »

That's what I get for skimming this morning. Intent to intent to hammer?  :P

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: February 21, 2014, 11:06:16 am »

Am I the only one that would like to take the time we have on his day?
It could be the last day, If we lynch wrong.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: February 21, 2014, 11:07:53 am »

Am I the only one that would like to take the time we have on his day?
It could be the last day, If we lynch wrong.

What else do you want to discuss?

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: February 21, 2014, 11:08:57 am »

Voltaire, do you get your investigation results at the end of the first night stage or at the end of the whole night?

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: February 21, 2014, 11:09:25 am »

What keeps you from voting then?

...says Mr. Pushy Scum. What, you weren't winning the game fast enough? Arch's lynch wasn't easy enough? Oh, something doesn't quite make sense between faust's role and Walrus'. Better lynch Walrus!

This game has been full of confusion. It's practically a theme of the setup. I would bet that each scum individually has the ability to resolve this so-called paradox--there's a hundred ways around it. I do consider xeiron towny for thinking of it...I think, unless he was trying to plant the suggestion for a mislynch. But to immediately push it as an auto-lynch in a game of this RMM-itude is lazy and scummy.

And I was thinking about this last night...maybe lying about one's first role is not as implausible as I had assumed before. After, all, we've had some debate about the nature of the hook, and aid-requiring, even though those people have "flipped". A flip will tell us something, but not everything...so long as they stay within reasonable bounds of the flavor name, they probably wouldn't get double lynched. So it would have to be more of a fudge than a full-blown fake claim, but there's still probably a lot of latitude to hide little white lies in there. xeiron's ability could mitigate this I guess; I don't know exactly how much information was revealed.  I'm not sure where I'm going with this exactly, but maybe this isn't even a paradox at all, and it makes me trust the two-lifers even less.

PPE DONT HAMMER ME BRO
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 16 queries.