Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 101196 times)

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day2
« Reply #600 on: February 07, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »

I will have more time to collect my thoughts later today, but for now I will say that yes, I did target Voltaire last night.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day1
« Reply #601 on: February 07, 2014, 04:40:06 pm »

In everyone's next post, I need you to please state whether or not you targeted Voltaire last night. A simple yes or no will suffice.
no

Same here.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: February 07, 2014, 04:41:18 pm »

Didn't see Walrus's post.  Same meaning I did not.

xeiron

• Pearl Diver
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: February 07, 2014, 05:23:42 pm »

I see that no lynch is a topic.
I am pretty sure it is not a good idea for the same reson as always.
The lynch is our tool for elimination scum, and we need to use that tool whenever we can.
Yes, we do risk mislynching, but if we lynch everyday we can afford one or two misses.

If we stall out by no lynching, we eventually reach a state where a mislynch means immediate loss, and then we can only hope that we have some cop or other PR that have caught the whole scum-team for us, or that our reads have grown substantially better while hanging around, no-lynching. I do not like those chances.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: February 07, 2014, 06:05:46 pm »

Vote Count 2.2

EFHW (1): faust

Not Voting (7): xeiron, Voltaire, jotheonah, Walrus, Eevee, EFHW, Archetype

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day2 is 8 days and will be February 14 at 8 pm forum time.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: February 07, 2014, 07:37:31 pm »

So no one is bothered that faust targeted me after I said that would be negative utility for town?  He says he had a slight suspicion.  Protecting a random person (instead of himself) would have had more potential benefit than targeting me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: February 07, 2014, 07:38:39 pm »

I don't want no lynch.  I am puzzled about how to proceed if we don't get flips, though.

yuma is it true that the green text is NOT indicative of alignment?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: February 07, 2014, 07:42:55 pm »

Voltaire thought town!faust wouldn't use the redirection power, but since he DID my previous 2 questions remain unanswered.  If he knew he had targeted me, why did he suggest that ashersky's kill could have been due to redirection?  And why say that only town will be killed at night, when he says he thought I was scum? 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: February 07, 2014, 07:45:25 pm »

While you are chewing on that, I'm going to vote: Eevee.  Mega-lurking after stating plans to be active.  Shows up immediately but briefly when his absence is mentioned and when asked a direct question.  He is also not scum-hunting.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: February 07, 2014, 07:51:49 pm »

This game is too confusing, I have no idea what's going on. I was active as long as it stayed within my comfort zone. I probably shouldn't ever sign up for rmm again.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: February 07, 2014, 08:05:26 pm »

I will have more time to collect my thoughts later today, but for now I will say that yes, I did target Voltaire last night.
OK, cool. Thanks.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: February 07, 2014, 08:10:13 pm »

Hey EFHW, your power is negative utility? Do you want a new one? We could lynch you! And test the everyone has two lives theory.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: February 07, 2014, 08:26:42 pm »

Hm, that idea isn't appealing to me for some reason!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: February 07, 2014, 09:36:41 pm »

I don't want no lynch.  I am puzzled about how to proceed if we don't get flips, though.

yuma is it true that the green text is NOT indicative of alignment?

I cannot answer that question. I would encourage you to reread the two OPs. That has all of the information that I can give regarding alignment. Sorry if this is disappointing.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: February 08, 2014, 05:59:15 am »

Voltaire thought town!faust wouldn't use the redirection power, but since he DID my previous 2 questions remain unanswered.  If he knew he had targeted me, why did he suggest that ashersky's kill could have been due to redirection?  And why say that only town will be killed at night, when he says he thought I was scum?

1. I don't understand that question. Why wouldn't I suggest this?

2. My N1 action was obviously chosen before knowing about the two lives stuff. Now that this seems likely, I can adjust my play accordingly. So, I was talking only about future nights there.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: February 08, 2014, 11:40:24 am »

1. I don't understand that question. Why wouldn't I suggest this?

2. My N1 action was obviously chosen before knowing about the two lives stuff. Now that this seems likely, I can adjust my play accordingly. So, I was talking only about future nights there.

My first question has the assumption that there would not be more than one power that redirects kills.  The second one confuses me b/c since you are willing to use the redirection power to possible kill another player, wouldn't that player possibly be scum?  Isn't that why you used it?  And why did you use it on me when I had explicitly said that town targeting me would trigger a negative utility?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: February 08, 2014, 11:58:01 am »

My first question has the assumption that there would not be more than one power that redirects kills.  The second one confuses me b/c since you are willing to use the redirection power to possible kill another player, wouldn't that player possibly be scum?  Isn't that why you used it?  And why did you use it on me when I had explicitly said that town targeting me would trigger a negative utility?

I was willing to redirect kills, now with the new information I'm no longer sure that's the best plan. I used my power on you because I thought you were scum, and this of course would imply that you lied about the negative utility. Also, if it really was a negative utility, I figured at least we could confirm that.

You still haven't answered my question how you know that I targeted you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: February 08, 2014, 11:59:37 am »

EFHW, is your power solely negative utility?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 08, 2014, 12:00:52 pm »

When targeting Voltaire, did you think that he was scum or that he was town?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 08, 2014, 12:10:08 pm »

Vote: faust

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: February 08, 2014, 12:40:04 pm »

I was willing to redirect kills, now with the new information I'm no longer sure that's the best plan. I used my power on you because I thought you were scum, and this of course would imply that you lied about the negative utility. Also, if it really was a negative utility, I figured at least we could confirm that.

You still haven't answered my question how you know that I targeted you.

Well, I think that was reckless.  I'm sorry I can't share any more details right now.  Obviously, I was told that you targeted me.  I have nothing else useful to share.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 08, 2014, 12:41:17 pm »

Vote: faust

Um, Archetype?  Care to explain?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 08, 2014, 12:42:41 pm »

EFHW, is your power solely negative utility?

no

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 08, 2014, 01:02:57 pm »

Alright, here I am. My thoughts since last night:

I do think it is probable that we do all have second lives. It would make the game longer, the idea of a compulsive gladiator D1 in a 9p game makes more sense. It does seem likely that scum knew that ash would survive, which is probably why he got targeted again. There are other ways to explain this happening, like maybe some redirection jazz, or ash shooting himself(?). But probabilistically speaking it seems like somebody knew about it.

Here's the thing though: if all this is true, then how would we expect scum to react going into today? I would think that either they would be acting too "surprised", or not "surprised" enough, if you know what I mean.

Anyway this was my lens for rereading the beginning of D2.

EFHW's reaction reads natural to me. I don't think that Voltaire's flip confirms that he's town, but it's some evidence anyway. The fact that EFHW just comes out and says it sounds like something a confused person might say. If they're both scum, I guess she could be planting the seed in people's minds, but that seems like it would be clumsily done. And then she says scum "clearly knows" something else...it just gives me a towny feeling. Town points for EFHW.

Archetype...maybe a little heavy-handed. "I'm confused! Need mass-claim!" Still not sure what I think about Arch this game.

joth: Quite matter-of-fact. "Do we all have two lives?" "Guessing we all start off as secondaries and come back as Bluths." Idk joth, *do* we? But then, would scum be this blatant about it, if they did know beforehand. Hmmmm...landing pretty null here.

Volt seems maybe a little surer than he should about this...but he does have more information than the rest of us I guess. Immediately agrees with joth's two-lives speculation. I still think he should claim his new role and flavor if he's got one.

xeiron: Also quite confident. Seems quite sure about the first flip/second flip thing. Also quite quick to point out that Voltaire is not confirmed town. Slight overconfidence here, have some scum points.

Eevee's reaction seems good to me. Have some town points. Don't like the fact that his posting rate seems to have dropped off, but hey sometimes that's how it goes.

faust...faust, faust faust. I've had a bad feeling about him since D1, and I'm trying to be objective here. But I can't help but continue to feel bad about him. I found the vote on EFHW to be...indignant, I guess? It seems like he was initially too confused, then lashed out at EFHW for trying to puzzle it out, and then he seems too sure of himself..."obviously chosen before knowing about the two lives stuff". The claim I imagine is relatively worthless if there's a "true" claim underneath, and maybe he knew about that D1. Idk, it all just seems sort of like acting to me. I'm happy with a vote: faust for now.

faust to answer your question, I had a townier read on him, but my role is kind of weird and involves randomness, so it was a tricky decision to make.

And now, it's time for the tin-foil hat portion of this episode: COLOR-BASED SCUMSLIP ANALYSIS!

It looks like the first flip color for ash and Volt was GREEN. Fine.

ash's second flip color was DARK, NAVY BLUE.

I did wonder last night why we never got Asherskys alignment when he died (he flipped in green, but it never said that he was town).
I first thought green ment town, but now I thing it is just a confusing element added by the mod.
First flip is always in green (even for scum) the secon and final flip is in grey and states allignment.

I really think it looks like this: We have secondary characters (colored green regardless of alignment) that turn into good Bluths (colored purple) or evil Bluths (colored red presumably). And everyone keeps their wincon in the process.

So xeiron thought it was GREY, faust thought it was PURPLE. Now to the extent that I'm actually believing this silly argument, I think that implicates faust somewhat more than xeiron, as purple is a color that seems to be used traditionally for third-party roles, more-so than grey anyway. Maybe a SK? Ooh, and faust was the one who accused me D1 of a "3rd party slip" for mentioning that I felt like the "3rd party" for holding the hammer? That could be a double reverse guilty conscience scumslip accusation scumslip! :P

Definitely not no-lynch. I don't get why people push for no-lynches all the time. They're so boring!
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 08, 2014, 01:08:06 pm »

Vote Count 2.3

EFHW (1): faust
faust (2): Archetype, Walrus
Eevee (1): EFHW

Not Voting (4): xeiron, Voltaire, jotheonah, Eevee

With 8 alive it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline for Day2 is 8 days and will be February 14 at 8 pm forum time.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 07:11:43 pm by yuma »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 16 queries.