Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49  All

Author Topic: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Game Over; Town Wins!  (Read 101204 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: Arrested Development Mafia (RMM14) - Day1
« Reply #150 on: January 28, 2014, 07:18:52 pm »

Friday afternoon is like Saturday morning here.  Lame-o for me. 

I prefer Thursday evening.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 28, 2014, 07:56:05 pm »

Hello?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 28, 2014, 07:57:30 pm »

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 28, 2014, 10:27:00 pm »

Hello?

Annyong

Is that an AD joke?

Yes. Expect occasional mod interjections with AD jokes and flavor. If it is pertinent to the game state I will explicitly make it known.

Ash, I thought you were an AD fan?

ashersky

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 28, 2014, 10:31:17 pm »

Hello?

Annyong

Is that an AD joke?

Yes. Expect occasional mod interjections with AD jokes and flavor. If it is pertinent to the game state I will explicitly make it known.

Ash, I thought you were an AD fan?

I've seen part of the pilot when they re-launched AD this year.

I'm a fan of the guy from Alvin and the Chipmunks who's in AD, and the main guy who is sort of like Paul Rudd but isn't Paul Rudd is pretty good.  But I've literally seen less than one episode ever.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2014, 02:36:45 am »

To those who say "the claim only benefits scum", I present the kickstarting the day argument (it clearly worked!).

Kickstarting the Day is not nearly as important as saving our (important) PRs from being nightkilled.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 29, 2014, 02:43:42 am »

I promise you, I neither made a mistake nor did something antitown.

This post makes me think that ashersky, no matter which alignment he is, has not revealed the whole truth to us. Is is only left to decide for us whether he is lying scum or lying town.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 29, 2014, 06:16:41 am »

To those who say "the claim only benefits scum", I present the kickstarting the day argument (it clearly worked!).

Kickstarting the Day is not nearly as important as saving our (important) PRs from being nightkilled.
I don't think it's all that fruitful to analyze whether ash should have done what he did, the important question is whether he is town or scum. With your second point I agree with, but again, not a very fruitful subject.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 29, 2014, 08:58:38 am »

I like this, actually. Town buddying is a classic fuzzy tactic, IIRC from before my hiatus.

But I'm apt to leave my vote where it is right now, because Eevee's PR, if town, could be anything, whereas Ash's PR, if town, is admittedly negative utility. Being as it's day 1, I'd rather champion the low-risk lynch.

Why would you champion a mislynch on purpose, though?  Wouldn't you prefer to look for scum?

I mean, if I'm lynched, it's definitely okay for town, as far as relative powers go.  I'm not so okay with it though, given I'm town, and I really don't want to be out of my only game so fast.

Has everyone posted that's in this game?

Ugh. I hate this willful misreading, which I have seen many times before.

OUT OF TWO EQUALLY GOOD LYNCHES, from my perspective, I would choose Ash OVER EEVEE because, per his claim, IF I'M WRONG (which obviously I don't think I am) then it is better for town than if I were wrong about Eevee. That is all I was saying.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 29, 2014, 09:01:07 am »

to read that as "willfully championing a mislynch" is the worst kind of putting words in someone's mouth.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:18 am »

Well, I guess you're right. And looking at ash's claim closer, it's weird as a scum move. I mean, claiming VT will instantly cast suspicion on you, and ashersky knows that. So... if he's town, he's hiding something. If he's scum, he's lying. Because of the possibility that ash has some sort of secret plan going, I would like to not lynch him today. So where are other candidates? Eevee is very strongly defending ash, which is interesting. I think it means that they are not scum together. And as already pointed out, jotheonah is also likely not scumpartner with ash. So... we lynch one of those, if they are scum, this indicates ash being town?

Eevee comes off townier in this than jotheonah, so vote: jotheonah.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 29, 2014, 09:02:58 am »

PPE 2 btw, the "I guess you're right" is directed towards Eevee.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 29, 2014, 09:03:48 am »

your logic, it does not resemble our earth logic.

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 29, 2014, 09:17:59 am »

Well, I guess you're right. And looking at ash's claim closer, it's weird as a scum move. I mean, claiming VT will instantly cast suspicion on you, and ashersky knows that. So... if he's town, he's hiding something. If he's scum, he's lying. Because of the possibility that ash has some sort of secret plan going, I would like to not lynch him today. So where are other candidates? Eevee is very strongly defending ash, which is interesting. I think it means that they are not scum together. And as already pointed out, jotheonah is also likely not scumpartner with ash. So... we lynch one of those, if they are scum, this indicates ash being town?

While I appreciate the vote of confidence and your (in my opinion) correct assessment of ashersky, I really don't think joth is a good lynch at all. He is active, taking stances and, you know, disagreeing does not a scum make.

I'd much much rather look at Voltaire, Walrus, EFHW, xeiron and Archetype.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: January 29, 2014, 09:57:54 am »

While I theoretically agree, there's not really much to look at. And I am not yet at the point where I'm calling for a lurker lynch. I have found nothing particularly scummy in any player's posts so far.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 29, 2014, 10:10:26 am »

While I theoretically agree, there's not really much to look at. And I am not yet at the point where I'm calling for a lurker lynch. I have found nothing particularly scummy in any player's posts so far.
I agree, it's more than the other players have done some particularly towny things. PoE is a friend.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 29, 2014, 12:44:04 pm »

"I find no one scummy, so I will vote for an active poster arbitrarily"

Vote: faust

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 29, 2014, 12:48:25 pm »

"I find no one scummy, so I will vote for an active poster arbitrarily"

Vote: faust
While I totally agree with you on the flaws in faust's logic, I think you are falling to the same trap than with ashersky. Making mistakes* /= being scum. Why would scum make such a weird leap?

*yes yes, debatable. mistakes from joth's point of view

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 29, 2014, 02:22:32 pm »

joth's unannounced L-1 vote seems scummy prima facie, but I actually think it reads relatively towny to me--especially at this point in the game it's more likely that town is going to be cavalier with their vote like that, while I'm sure scum is watching the count like a hawk. Seems genuine enough so far.

First, laconic? That's a new one. Second, though I obviously disagree with you about myself, I agree about joth's towniness for the same reasons you state.

But we'll see once they've given me something a little meatier to work with.

(insert topical Arrested Development quote here--I need to rewatch it so I have some zingers readily at my disposal lol)

You can just taste those meaty leading posters parts right now.

By laconic I mean that I'm feeling now like you've been posting like "Yes", "No", "All in good time", while normally I think your posts are longer and more developed. Maybe you're just trying to be sagacious, or maybe there's something you're not telling us. Other more recent posts like "You are correct, I have not" give me the same vibe.

Nice alley oop on the AD reference though haha

I agree with jo though that ash's post on Volt does seem like a stretch. I know it's just D1 speculation, but it's exactly that--D1 speculation. There's not a whole lot of definitive information to extract or deduce right now, and ash's confidence here makes me a little uncomfortable. He could be totally purloined letter-ing with two D1 claim scum games in a row.

More towny feelings from jo and Eevee. I agree jo that I think ash was misrepresenting you.

faust's vote on jo strikes me as weird, possibly scummy?

And I would love to hear more from xeiron, and especially Archetype and EFHW. Scum could be feeling very comfortable lurking along right now. Either way, I'll need something more from you guys to make a judgment. I knooooow I'm pretty lurky too, but I try to make each of my posts count for something.

So I guess where I stand right now is vote: Voltaire, and OK with an ash lynch too. Next preference would possibly be faust, or maybe one of the lurkoids--I don't want to fall into the pattern yuma cautioned against in that one game, of biasing people as scummy just because they've been more active.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 29, 2014, 03:46:25 pm »

Walrus you said the same things about Voltaire in Time Wars, and he was town.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: January 29, 2014, 03:49:50 pm »

I don't think it's all that fruitful to analyze whether ash should have done what he did, the important question is whether he is town or scum. With your second point I agree with, but again, not a very fruitful subject.
It also isn't fruitful to analyze if he's town or scum.  Like I said before, it's WIFOM.  We need to beware of scum trying to extend this conversation as a distraction from scumhunting them.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 29, 2014, 04:00:09 pm »

If shouldn't analyze people's behavior to find out if they are scum or not because scum can intentionally manipulate that and mess with our process, what should we do instead?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 29, 2014, 04:02:08 pm »

This doesn't make sense to me.  Why lynch someone else to find out ash's alignment? 

This is also similar to what joth was doing, which is setting up "either/or" pairs, which creates the feeling that other players are off the table, whether or not that is your intention.

xeiron has been very quiet, also Archetype.

WalrusMcFishSr

• Minion
  • An enormous walrus the size of Antarctica
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 29, 2014, 04:04:01 pm »

Walrus you said the same things about Voltaire in Time Wars, and he was town.

? Are you referring to Game of Thrones? Volt modded Time War

If so, then I see your point, but I still think there's a difference in style there. His posts weren't as substantial or analytical as I wanted to see in Game of Thrones. But here they seem like terse one-liners, which feels off to me. Also bear in mind that he *was* scum in Chocolate Factory, and he had the same basic accusations levied against him there.
My Dominion videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/WalrusMcFishSr   <---Bet you can't click on that!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 49  All

Page created in 1.926 seconds with 17 queries.