Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38  All

Author Topic: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (it ended)  (Read 97723 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: M97: intrigue and treason and stuff (schadnd II) (lesgo!)
« Reply #100 on: March 22, 2017, 08:55:55 am »

Will post setup stuff later.

Is it later yet? I'm about to go to bed, but hopefully by the time I'm awake again, you and LL will have posted lots of lovely setup thoughts. Shame there's no Calamitas this game to want to talk about setup theory. At least there's still PPS, though!

My personal pre-game thoughts were limited to hoping not to be scum in the compulsive visitor setup, since that sounded like a tough one. The dayvig one is a neat concept, and would make us a convenient IC if it happens... all my Werewolf experience prior to coming to f.ds to play mafia was with dayvigs, but we tended to put in one of each alignment precisely to prevent the IC-ification thing.

Also: no vote for WW?? :o

Ok, so I stopped voting for WW every RVS because someone says it's boring and apparently I'm self-conscious.

So, I think I have a scheme for the rolecop to be able to claim his results every day, but so that he is also able to hide.  This is important if the rolecop dies, people will be able to look at his results.  So, for this to work, at the beginning of every day, each person posts something to the effect of "if I were a rolecop, I would've investigated [person] and gotten [result]".  This way, scum can't know for sure who the rolecop is, but even if they die, their results will be meaningful.

I also talked in the setup QT about how the rolecop should claim in 50% of the setups because it is a little bit like follow-the-cop.  In the last two setups this is true.  In the first two setups, there is enough going on that it is probably better for the rolecop to stay silent, but maybe not enough to not claim.  What do people think about that?

I think you clearly read the setup.

I helped design the setup!

Not sure if joke went over head or if explaining joke to make funnier.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: March 22, 2017, 09:13:50 am »

Not sure if joke went over head or if explaining joke to make funnier.

In order to fully explain gkreig's explanation of your joke, you really have to go and read the setup, though. What did you make of it?
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 22, 2017, 10:01:44 am »

[Not game related]

I decided to read through M88 and found this:

Like, where did AndrewisFTTW go is my question?

e missed me!  8)

[Game related]

Ok I'm awake

Ok, so I stopped voting for WW every RVS because someone says it's boring and apparently I'm self-conscious.

You know what's even more boring? Voting for me, ever! You've done it so many times, and gotten me mislynched so many times that there's just no novelty value in it any more... :-P

vote: Space

(This vote is not strictly because he said not to, kinda.)
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 22, 2017, 10:03:53 am »

Hey Jake I'm a Nats fan. Bring it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 22, 2017, 10:08:47 am »

[Not game related]

I decided to read through M88 and found this:

Like, where did AndrewisFTTW go is my question?

e missed me!  8)

[Game related]

Ok I'm awake

You know what's even more boring? Voting for me, ever! You've done it so many times, and gotten me mislynched so many times that there's just no novelty value in it any more... :-P

vote: Space

(This vote is not strictly because he said not to, kinda.)

Space is using "they" as a pronoun, or "she" :)

And also lately after some games I believe Space is town after these words. Fits into town meta in some way
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: March 22, 2017, 10:11:23 am »

As I am not a huge fan of RVS, missing it completely seems weird. vote: Joseph

I actually do have some mild scumreads on this point which makes me glad. Maybe I am becoming a better player? Joseph is one of them.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 22, 2017, 10:12:05 am »

Okay, I maybe have read your thoughts not really carefully, but claiming is good only if we at 5th setup. If we are at 6th it is better to claim later so rc will have some result till then

But to kill the rolecop in 6, scum has to give up a person to the watcher.

That's true. But they won't have a choice, really, it's better to give up a person than to keep rc alive. So they will kill rc anyway although we can make rc even more useful by waiting for D2 to claim. Or even if we lynch scum D1 that would be just awesome

I disagree about scum killing the RC in 6. I think they both want to stay alive for as long as possible. Also, this just occurred to me: in 6 both scum are goons and will give the RC vanilla results which renders the RC's night action practically useless. Claiming would make him an IC I guess, but we wouldn't know for sure we were in 6. [insert more useless speculation]

Again, I don't know if it's worth taking the chance even if we knew there was a RC in this game. Ultimately it's up to the RC if there is one.

It's not Vanilla Cop, it's Rolecop. He will have the result "goon"

Possible scum slip here.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 22, 2017, 10:13:57 am »

I actually do have some mild scumreads on this point which makes me glad. Maybe I am becoming a better player? Joseph is one of them.
Scum reading me is such a rookie error.
I've been scum like 4 times out of 20-25 games.
And I always get early mislynched
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 22, 2017, 10:14:10 am »

But you're always bad.......

Hey, my play may be questionable sometimes, but I've almost never been scum!

Except all the times I thought you were scum!

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:29 am »

Okay, I maybe have read your thoughts not really carefully, but claiming is good only if we at 5th setup. If we are at 6th it is better to claim later so rc will have some result till then

That's true. But they won't have a choice, really, it's better to give up a person than to keep rc alive. So they will kill rc anyway although we can make rc even more useful by waiting for D2 to claim. Or even if we lynch scum D1 that would be just awesome

I disagree about scum killing the RC in 6. I think they both want to stay alive for as long as possible. Also, this just occurred to me: in 6 both scum are goons and will give the RC vanilla results which renders the RC's night action practically useless. Claiming would make him an IC I guess, but we wouldn't know for sure we were in 6. [insert more useless speculation]

Again, I don't know if it's worth taking the chance even if we knew there was a RC in this game. Ultimately it's up to the RC if there is one.

Possible scum slip here.

Actually vote: LaLight

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 22, 2017, 10:15:41 am »

Possible scum slip here.

What scumslip? It was a mistake. Pronoun was a mistake too :(

PPE: 1

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 22, 2017, 10:16:16 am »

Possible scum slip here.

Whatever you use to think i am scum doesn't work here. I am really finally town, give me time to get used to it again

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 22, 2017, 10:17:09 am »

This does not mean you can't be scum in this very game. As little as I know about probability theories, I can say that for sure.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 22, 2017, 10:18:09 am »

I think we've heard from everyone except Robz. So let's talk about how nobody likes RVS and how we somewhat moved out of it almost immediately thanks to gkrieg. Not everyone has weighed in on whether the RC should claim if we have one. What do you think pps? And whose analysis did you/everyone find the scummiest?

Wow straight into the setup talk.
That's unusual.
I'll try and contribute today, although my time management skills are poor.

I found Joseph's response a little weird. He feels obligated to contribute something instead of simply responding to what was posted even though we pretty much beat it to death right away (at least that's how I feel about it). Although coming from Joseph I don't think that's much of a tell.

And then this:

If you look at the PM for the rolecop that schadd posted, it specifically says goon and vts will both give the result "vanilla" to the cop. So rc can't determine between vt and goon actually.  Which leads me to believe that in setup 6 scum would just ignore the cop if he claims and so if the watcher watched the cop, they would never see anything, because the cop is essentially useless in that setup except to be an IC and WIFOM watcher target.

Is scum!LL more like to miss this than town!LL? Even after assisting with the setup? I find it somewhat towny. Scum would double check everything they posted is correct I think.

EDIT: ninja'd a little bit.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 22, 2017, 10:19:51 am »

Possible scum slip here.

Really? After working with him on the setup you think scum!LL would miss something like this or pretend to miss it for some reason?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 22, 2017, 10:20:50 am »

Well, I don't think it was mentioned in the setup tell that Rolecop is actually half role half vanilla. Or it was and I missed it completely

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 22, 2017, 10:21:55 am »

Possible scum slip here.

Really? After working with him on the setup you think scum!LL would miss something like this or pretend to miss it for some reason?

It's pronoun stuff, not what the cop gets as a result stuff

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 22, 2017, 10:22:55 am »

Possible scum slip here.

What scumslip? It was a mistake. Pronoun was a mistake too :(

PPE: 1

And the fact that he knows it was the pronoun is even more telling.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 22, 2017, 10:26:17 am »

The word cop (коп) in russian is strictly masculine and again I feel ashamed for that. But yeah, I would see that as a scumslip myself too. Still truth is what I said

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 22, 2017, 10:26:33 am »

This is what you say if you want to keep getting early mislynched.

Possible scum slip here.

It's pronoun stuff, not what the cop gets as a result stuff

So you think he's scum because he said:

What do you find scummy here? That he knows the correct name of the role?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #120 on: March 22, 2017, 10:26:47 am »

yeah, I have reread and noticed the pronoun

ppe

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:23 am »

Andrew, that I said "he will receive" so I supposedly know the gender of the rolecop

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:30 am »

Wait

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 22, 2017, 10:27:45 am »

How is that scumslip?! Rolecop is town role!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2017, 10:28:22 am »

Or I don't get something. gkrieg, elaborate please

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 38  All

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 20 queries.