Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67  All

Author Topic: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia- Game Over, Everyone Loses!  (Read 171010 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day Four)
« Reply #1125 on: November 29, 2019, 11:58:34 pm »

vote: Eevee

Only person other than Bright still alive not voting Space.

Or another way: Bright had (5) votes when were lynched Mafia!Space:
Space (Dead, Mafia), Joseph (Dead, Town), Didds (Dead, Town), EFHW (Dead, Town), and Eevee.

If Space only has one partner, they probably weren’t looking to bus if they could help it, and Bright was viable late day. If Space has two partners, while one may have bussed, it’s unlikely both did.

Bright isn’t Space’s partner (I’ll need to check, but I think the kill pattern IC’s him unless there’sa kill possibility I’m missing).

This leaves Eevee as Space’s partner.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: November 30, 2019, 12:01:40 am »

Bright = SK
Eevee/Raerae = Maf
LaLight = Alien
Shraeye = WW

Solved it.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: November 30, 2019, 12:05:29 am »

Bright = SK
Eevee/Raerae = Maf
LaLight = Alien
Shraeye = WW

Solved it.

Then how were there 4 kills N1 & N3? Aliens could only shoot once.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: November 30, 2019, 12:05:54 am »

I dunno, man, don’t make me do all the work.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: November 30, 2019, 12:07:30 am »

I dunno, man, don’t make me do all the work.

That’s why, I believe, Bright has to be town. Because N1 was SK, WW, Mafia, Vig - and N3 was SK, WW, Mafia, Alien.

Mafia Record:

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: November 30, 2019, 12:10:25 am »

Fair enough.

Eevee can be the new SK.

Uncleeurope Eddie

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: November 30, 2019, 12:17:55 am »

On Space's lynching:

Space prematurely hammered faust on Day 2, so there was some suspicion early on in the day, but it faded away. I thought (and still think) he probably did mistakenly hammer, to give him some credit.

The real lynch train started here:
Found this; thanks DatSwan.  Wanted to repost it to get more eyes on it.

Bright, what are your thoughts on DatSwan's discard vs. pick decision?

And have we given up on wondering why Space discarded IC??

No, we didn't. I twice tried to get this wagon started. And I still want to.

vote: Space
I really don't think LaLight can be Mafia because of that post, WW and SK, and now Alien, are all still on the table still. Space had their head down at that point, why would LaLight bring him back to the spotlight at that point (we're assuming LaLight would be busing him).

As for the only concrete suspicion, yeah it's suspicious, but there's an easy explanation if he's chose one of the investigative roles or something.

Uh but really Space's suspicion was spot on. Their suspicion stemmed from my incompetence, really. And arguing against that was pretty stressful, let's just say I rage quit yesterday. (Also the stuff about wanting to get mail-mi to claim was just me grasping at straws, pay no attention, might've been true, but in retrospect, no). Now of course I see he wanted to lynch anyone but himself, but at the time it definitely felt like it was genuine. And that's supported by EFHW, Joseph2302, and WestCoastDidds being swayed to vote for me.

Now to address why people voted the way they voted yesterday.
I don’t believe scum!team Bright opens D2 with the claim he did, in the way he did. He may be SK that’s now biding his time, but if that’s the case I’m not as concerned about lynching him now - we actually need scum to shoot scum at night to help balance and catch us up.
I'm picking on Galz here, but their reasoning is the entire reason scum (the SK, WW(s), and last Alien) voted to lynch Space yesterday over me. They think I'm a SK and will be picking off the town to help them win. Again, Space was persuasive, even I thought he had enough to work with to lynch me, while Space theirself really wasn't that suspicious. Even I would've lynched me.

So basically I'm saying either Eevee is well meaning Town, or is Mafia who didn't want to lynch their own. Same goes for raerae to an extent, jumping the wagon at the last moment doesn't mean anything to me.

Is the existence of an Alien the only way we could have 4 kills last night? Mafia, WW, Alien, SK?
Yes, Werewolf One-shot PGO is possible, maybe it's best not to jump to conclusions.

The WW/Town Parrot could've targeted pubby, killing him.

The regular Town Vigilante is possible, but probably not.

The Mafia could also have a Cupid, but that seems a bit contrived, maybe we should check how dead Lover-ized people would show up.

Mod question: How do Lover-ized players show up when they die? Do we only see their original role?

I've been dancing around the issue, but it could've been a second Serial Killer who killed Night 1, held their kill on Night 2, and then killed last night. Basically what everyone suspects me of. Hopefully whatever mail-mi has on me can satisfy this suspicion.

0-1 Werewolves
Actually I'm inclined to believe pubby was definitely not the last WW. As I said way way back, if he controls a kill, he'll kill me. So the only explanation is he wasn't alone. I think that logic overrides the above logic about my SK suspicion preventing him from killing me. It sorta supports the WW PGO theory too.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: November 30, 2019, 12:19:06 am »

There's also PGO, Reloader and Cupid in a list of possibilities.

I fully agree with vote: Eevee, I think it's a bit suspicious that Galz is still alive and was blocked 2 nights in a row, and I also think there's much more scum than we think :(
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: November 30, 2019, 12:19:31 am »

On Space's lynching:

Space prematurely hammered faust on Day 2, so there was some suspicion early on in the day, but it faded away. I thought (and still think) he probably did mistakenly hammer, to give him some credit.

The real lynch train started here:
Found this; thanks DatSwan.  Wanted to repost it to get more eyes on it.

Bright, what are your thoughts on DatSwan's discard vs. pick decision?

And have we given up on wondering why Space discarded IC??

No, we didn't. I twice tried to get this wagon started. And I still want to.

vote: Space
I really don't think LaLight can be Mafia because of that post, WW and SK, and now Alien, are all still on the table still. Space had their head down at that point, why would LaLight bring him back to the spotlight at that point (we're assuming LaLight would be busing him).

As for the only concrete suspicion, yeah it's suspicious, but there's an easy explanation if he's chose one of the investigative roles or something.

Uh but really Space's suspicion was spot on. Their suspicion stemmed from my incompetence, really. And arguing against that was pretty stressful, let's just say I rage quit yesterday. (Also the stuff about wanting to get mail-mi to claim was just me grasping at straws, pay no attention, might've been true, but in retrospect, no). Now of course I see he wanted to lynch anyone but himself, but at the time it definitely felt like it was genuine. And that's supported by EFHW, Joseph2302, and WestCoastDidds being swayed to vote for me.

Now to address why people voted the way they voted yesterday.
I don’t believe scum!team Bright opens D2 with the claim he did, in the way he did. He may be SK that’s now biding his time, but if that’s the case I’m not as concerned about lynching him now - we actually need scum to shoot scum at night to help balance and catch us up.
I'm picking on Galz here, but their reasoning is the entire reason scum (the SK, WW(s), and last Alien) voted to lynch Space yesterday over me. They think I'm a SK and will be picking off the town to help them win. Again, Space was persuasive, even I thought he had enough to work with to lynch me, while Space theirself really wasn't that suspicious. Even I would've lynched me.

So basically I'm saying either Eevee is well meaning Town, or is Mafia who didn't want to lynch their own. Same goes for raerae to an extent, jumping the wagon at the last moment doesn't mean anything to me.

Is the existence of an Alien the only way we could have 4 kills last night? Mafia, WW, Alien, SK?
Yes, Werewolf One-shot PGO is possible, maybe it's best not to jump to conclusions.

The WW/Town Parrot could've targeted pubby, killing him.

The regular Town Vigilante is possible, but probably not.

The Mafia could also have a Cupid, but that seems a bit contrived, maybe we should check how dead Lover-ized people would show up.

Mod question: How do Lover-ized players show up when they die? Do we only see their original role?

I've been dancing around the issue, but it could've been a second Serial Killer who killed Night 1, held their kill on Night 2, and then killed last night. Basically what everyone suspects me of. Hopefully whatever mail-mi has on me can satisfy this suspicion.

0-1 Werewolves
Actually I'm inclined to believe pubby was definitely not the last WW. As I said way way back, if he controls a kill, he'll kill me. So the only explanation is he wasn't alone. I think that logic overrides the above logic about my SK suspicion preventing him from killing me. It sorta supports the WW PGO theory too.

Space is still "they" or "she".

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: November 30, 2019, 12:22:08 am »

Same goes for raerae to an extent, jumping the wagon at the last moment doesn't mean anything to me.
Space is still "they" or "she".
Yep, missed a few while editing.

while Space theirself really wasn't that suspicious.
Check that shit out though. Feels good.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: November 30, 2019, 12:25:32 am »

also why would Wereparrot target pubby

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: November 30, 2019, 12:27:10 am »

Right, so just the Town Parrot then.

Is this all your getting out of my post?

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: November 30, 2019, 12:28:14 am »

Reloader
Lemme shoot that down, no I wasn't Reloaded Night 2 or last night.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: November 30, 2019, 12:33:51 am »

Right, so just the Town Parrot then.

Is this all your getting out of my post?

No. I started typing the same question to mod and then saw your post. Basically you list the roles that can be responsible for kills in more detail than me, but I am glad I didn't miss any.

I didn't even think about the possibility of a second SK, is that even possible? I mean, why not, but it feels weird.

Also I don't agree with the statement that pubby is not the last werewolf because he would've killed you if that was the case. Why? There can be a lot of reasons to kill people and reads are only one of those reasons. And you weren't exactly persuasive and dangerous for pubby, I think.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: November 30, 2019, 12:34:20 am »

Reloader
Lemme shoot that down, no I wasn't Reloaded Night 2 or last night.

There's also a possibility you are just a regular vig, but hiding it :)

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: November 30, 2019, 12:39:58 am »

Also I don't agree with the statement that pubby is not the last werewolf because he would've killed you if that was the case. Why? There can be a lot of reasons to kill people and reads are only one of those reasons. And you weren't exactly persuasive and dangerous for pubby, I think.
You must've missed my explanation on Day 2:
I suspect pubby isn't lone-wolf scum like a serial killer or a lone mafia/werewolf/alien. My reasoning is a meta-gamey one: it's entirely in his character to target (to kill) me as soon as possible. He could be talked out of it, so it's still possible he's scum, but he'd have to have another player in his faction.

And actually it's likely that if pubby has any ability at all he targeted my last night with it.
pubby's my BFF btw.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: November 30, 2019, 12:41:43 am »

Oh actually if we assume pubby was the last WW, he would've directed two kills. Glooble died Night 1, so pubby would've done both Night 3's and Night 2's kill alone. Absolutely one of those would've found its way to me.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: November 30, 2019, 12:42:21 am »

well, if this is a know meta, he could deviate from it to be less suspicious

and yeah, I missed the BFF part

When I invited people to forums and was playing with then AND was able to kill them at night, I never did, because I wanted them to play as long as possible so they can enjoy the game and maybe stay, not kill them N1

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: November 30, 2019, 12:43:14 am »

Oh actually if we assume pubby was the last WW, he would've directed two kills. Glooble died Night 1, so pubby would've done both Night 3's and Night 2's kill alone. Absolutely one of those would've found its way to me.

well, you know best of course. But I remain unconvinced.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: November 30, 2019, 12:50:21 am »

So should we mass claim or wait?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: November 30, 2019, 01:02:00 am »

well, you know best of course. But I remain unconvinced.
Remember when Archetype (Mason Doctor) was killed on Night 1? It's likely that was the work of the Mason Werewolf. Then we expect between 2 and 3 Werewolfs... It's all pretty convincing.

Werewolve aside, Mafia is the priority and that probably means Eevee.

Vote: Eevee

So should we mass claim or wait?
We should wait for everyone to post once, at least.
But if we (or rather, you who are left) mass claim here's my proposed order:
  • Eevee
  • LaLight
  • Uncleeurope
  • shraeye
  • mail-mi
  • Galzria
It's based off who I find the scummiest, with a bias towards Mafia.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: November 30, 2019, 01:11:26 am »

Unvote
It's only 5 to lynch. Need to be careful. With 3 kills a night (Alien has no kills left), assuming the WWs are still in this, a fast lynch could be pretty bad. Especially if it's an "accidental" lynch.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: November 30, 2019, 01:30:17 am »

I have a bit to say about the wagons yesterday but i i am phone right now.

What i do want to point out is that while everyone here sits around trying to math out the teams and the kills by night and all that (which is good, don’t get me wrong)... i would like to point out that the night 2 deaths of only 2 people is not that crazy.

1) Galz had a conf!result - could be targeted by a kill while also by a protection shot.
2) MiX was about as obvious an alien as could be imo at the end of day 2 (i know there are others that agreed with that view as well) - so multiple targets on MiX could also be a thing.
3) SK shots - it could also be a hold on a non faction kill for night 2

Or some combination of any/all of that.

I had not considered the concept of the masons dictating a werewolf kill. That is interesting.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 30, 2019, 02:43:50 am »

It's astounding how even the kills were last night. Three factions all killed people who voted for me, but there were no double-ups in their targets, they each picked a different person.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 30, 2019, 10:09:22 am »

It's time to claim, let's hear it, folks.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 67  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 16 queries.