Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338121 times)

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)
« Reply #3400 on: July 14, 2012, 01:13:54 pm »

Well at the time - it was still possible them both to be mafia - but yes I wanted to lynch Dsell so bad. 
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3401 on: July 14, 2012, 02:07:14 pm »

My night actions - I juiced them up for Volt because I figured he was as lonely as I was with no-one to talk to:

Kill: Theorel

Side note: I'm almost glad that I died in M3.  I was slightly uncomfortable with you knowing this particular role + playing with me alive in M3 - despite having full confidence that you are a standup guy who wouldn't play that way... but this role is EVIL.  Thank you for giving it to me :)

Kill: Galzria

Dear Galz - I regret doing this, but I feel like its my only way out.  I hope you're mafia, but suspect that you are town.  I'm sneaking into your house and killing you because you have incorrectly read me as O's mafia co-hort, even though I am 100% scum.

Kill: Axxle2

Here's the reasoning for posterity sake.  Axxle2 is effectively voting for his own death here.  This is anti - town - but I don't care - I am also anti-town.

Because I am the serial killer - there are only 4 combinations of alignment for DSell / Axxle2

1.  Axxle1 is mafia + DSell is mafia.  This solution is my least likely, because they are boned if this is the pairing, because if DSell doesn't kill Axxle - he's screwed, and once DSell is revealed, then Axxle isn't long after.  However - if I kill Axxle - DSell can claim it as his own - keeping the town in the dark.  As long as the mafia doesn't kill me.  2 night kills doesn't clear DSell as serial killer at all.

2.  Axxle1 is mafia + DSell is town - telling the truth.  Axxle1's vote for the plan effectivelly means that he's going to die - which is either stupid ... or he'd have to have some role blocking in place to avoid dieing.  That roleblocking would be spent on DSell - who has announced intent to kill Axxle.  My kill will push it it over the edge.  Added bonus - 2 night kills doesn't clear DSell as serial killer at all - so we I can still lynch him in the future.  I like this solution as it gets rid of 1 more enemy while not clearing DSell.

3.  Axxle1 is town and DSell is mafia - DSell needs to target Axxle1 - and he's praying that I target someone else to preserve his cover.  With only 1 night kill - DSell is confirmed as mafia unless someone claims protection.  Guess who likes roleclaims?  Serial killer!

4. Axxle1 is town and DSell is town - Axxle1 is an idiot for voting to kill himself.  2 people die tonight doesn't clear DSell as serial killer.  I'm still screwed because I have no idea who the mafia are - but at least they'll probably join me in a DSell lynch tomorrow.

Kill: RobZ

I do not expect this to go through.

SECRET DAYKILL: RobZ888

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #3402 on: July 14, 2012, 02:07:45 pm »

Oh boy, I am here now and just catching up. Darn! Obviously I expected to lose when Frisk flipped SK.

I did think that Dsell and Glooble were the mafia pair today, but I didn't have much credibility left in my own eyes after being so sure about Jo and Axxle. If I were to lay blame it would be with Axxle, who barely complained about a plan that killed him twice.

Another problem was that after Jo was dead, it was basically me and Tables alone trying to piece this together, and we couldn't even fully trust each other until today.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 02:23:25 pm by Robz888 »
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3403 on: July 14, 2012, 02:08:29 pm »

And I thought we were in such good shape after the Day 2 lynch of O. That was scumhuting to be proud of. Totally squandered after that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3404 on: July 14, 2012, 02:08:53 pm »

Reading the QTs now.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3405 on: July 14, 2012, 02:16:12 pm »

REading the QT - O was allowed to keep posting?  Why?

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3406 on: July 14, 2012, 02:23:28 pm »

I do not know. I don't like it either  :-[

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3407 on: July 14, 2012, 02:35:12 pm »

It's kinda ironic that not blocking Frisk might have actually helped us. I also love that the last two surviving townies were the two "confirmed" townies day 2.

Glooble was so pro, you guys. I have no idea how he toed the line of suspicion so effectively.

I felt like I was in a mental battle with Frisk and with Robz all of day 5. I had the advantage over both of them because I knew their alignments and they didn't know mine for sure, but I think there was a lot of undercurrent in the conversation between Frisk and I. Lots of information that we knew or thought we knew that nobody else (besides Glooble) knew. And with Robz, he was making too much sense so I had to make others doubt him and ultimately he doubted himself too.

I was really glad O could still talk in the QT but I don't think it would have changed much if he couldn't talk.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3408 on: July 14, 2012, 02:40:00 pm »

I didn't see a problem with O still talking in a QT to which he already had access.  For those who question it - why do you feel that is an issue?

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3409 on: July 14, 2012, 02:40:26 pm »

It's kinda ironic that not blocking Frisk might have actually helped us. I also love that the last two surviving townies were the two "confirmed" townies day 2.

Glooble was so pro, you guys. I have no idea how he toed the line of suspicion so effectively.

I felt like I was in a mental battle with Frisk and with Robz all of day 5. I had the advantage over both of them because I knew their alignments and they didn't know mine for sure, but I think there was a lot of undercurrent in the conversation between Frisk and I. Lots of information that we knew or thought we knew that nobody else (besides Glooble) knew. And with Robz, he was making too much sense so I had to make others doubt him and ultimately he doubted himself too.

I was really glad O could still talk in the QT but I don't think it would have changed much if he couldn't talk.

Really, the fact that I had been wrong about Jo and Axxle made me so unsure of myself that I wanted to defer to Tables and SFS on the last day. Though really I was ultimately right when I said Frisk has no friends, Glooble and Dsell are friends. And of course y'all wanted Frisk dead, you knew was the SK.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3410 on: July 14, 2012, 02:40:51 pm »

I didn't see a problem with O still talking in a QT to which he already had access.  For those who question it - why do you feel that is an issue?

It's not a problem for me. I had wondered what the policy there was, but it's up to the mod in my view.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3411 on: July 14, 2012, 02:41:39 pm »

From the QT. This was Galzria:
"Why is Robz generally turning conversation AWAY from CF? AWAY from Jo? (both of whom he suspected HEAVILY D2) AWAY from Pops?

He is systematically going about clearing THE most scum riddled people, and accusing the rest. It goes counter to logical play, and it goes counter to his OWN logic D2.

His play makes NO sense to me and is the single most confusing thing to happen D3."

If only I had done that and kept to it!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #3412 on: July 14, 2012, 02:42:06 pm »

Really, the fact that I had been wrong about Jo and Axxle made me so unsure of myself that I wanted to defer to Tables and SFS on the last day. Though really I was ultimately right when I said Frisk has no friends, Glooble and Dsell are friends. And of course y'all wanted Frisk dead, you knew was the SK.

By the end of day 5 I was trying to be really buddy-buddy, hoping that we would be too obvious to be mafia partners.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3413 on: July 14, 2012, 02:43:13 pm »

Well, yes.
He is dead, he shouldn't be able to talk to his teammates.
I assumed that was the case.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3414 on: July 14, 2012, 02:44:16 pm »

Well, yes.

I see it as analogous as letting dead Town players join the spectator quicktopic.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3415 on: July 14, 2012, 02:45:18 pm »

Well, no.
Observer (+Dead) QT has no effect on current game.
O potentially could have had.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3416 on: July 14, 2012, 02:46:16 pm »

Well, yes.

I see it as analogous as letting dead Town players join the spectator quicktopic.

But dead town has left the game, and spectators are outside the game.  Dead Mafia has left the game, but living Mafia are still in the game.  There should be no interaction with in-game players after you have left, IMO.

(ninja'd)

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3417 on: July 14, 2012, 02:46:43 pm »

Hey, QT people: WHERE ARE YOUR ROBZ IS THE SERIAL KILLER THEORIES NOW??? Oh that's right, they're in Wrong Town. Ouch.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3418 on: July 14, 2012, 02:47:31 pm »

Hey, QT people: WHERE ARE YOUR ROBZ IS THE SERIAL KILLER THEORIES NOW??? Oh that's right, they're in Wrong Town. Ouch.

Did you just claim SK for a different game? :P

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3419 on: July 14, 2012, 02:52:12 pm »

Did you just claim SK for a different game? :P

Ha!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #3420 on: July 14, 2012, 02:53:03 pm »

Well, I'll give Galz some credit here. From the QT:

Robz has one big fallacy that I've seen:

He takes all role-claims under preassure to be true.

He completely bought Jo's without a second thought in M-III, and here in 2990, he completely dismisses Dsell lying being the cause of no deaths at night.

Yes, I do that. Actually what I do is immediately doubt them, and then change my mind and trust them permanently. Blargh.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: July 14, 2012, 02:59:42 pm »

Just remmebered, one more thing.
There was a line where Dsell said something like:
"I cannot be SK, I wouldn't kill theo" where he sliped that he knew theo was SK kill.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #3422 on: July 14, 2012, 03:01:06 pm »

Yeah - I kindof view O being able to keep coaching his teammates as unfair.  One of the things that makes Serial killer so damn hard is that you have no-one to talk to....  if it came down to me vs. single mafia, I didn't expect the mafia to have people whispering in his ear.

Same reason why we keep the townie discussion out of the living players eyes right?  We don't want outside thinking to pollute the game.  Ditto for letting town talk while they are dead.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: July 14, 2012, 03:03:05 pm »

I'm honestly surprised to see this reaction, but if people really want to bar non-Town players from being able to talk with anybody about the game for the rest of the entire game after they are killed, including people who knew their alignments from the beginning of that game, then I'll impose that rule going forward.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: July 14, 2012, 03:06:31 pm »

So will you all want to require that the remaining Mafia players receive a new quicktopic every time one of them is killed?  To prevent deceased Mafia players from reading the QT and then PM'ing their living teammates?
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139  All

Page created in 0.328 seconds with 21 queries.