Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 138842 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: M80: Fruit Ninja Mafia (Day One)
« Reply #575 on: May 16, 2016, 12:06:35 pm »

But yes, I didn't think there's a lot of resistance. Certainly less than with Egork.

This is largely because egorK is a lurker and probably won't even be around to defend himself if it accelerated fast enough. I mean, I appreciate the wagon, I really do. I'm not sure about this term "lynch-bait" but it sure looks like "scum-bait" where I put it out there and hope scum bite.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: May 16, 2016, 12:20:48 pm »

vote: Joseph

L-1
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: May 16, 2016, 12:53:11 pm »

but it sure looks like "scum-bait" where I put it out there and hope scum bite.

Well that's a whole other story. But I'm confused; are you saying you did this? Trying to catch scum by lying out an easy target?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #578 on: May 16, 2016, 12:54:39 pm »

vote: Joseph

L-1

Wait, really? I thought we had moved past this. Joseph looked scummy early on and got a big wagon on him, but then he improved and most people moved their votes away. At least that's what I thought. I honestly don't get why ADK and Awaclus are still arguing for his lynch. He's townie and has been helping the game ever since he got all that pressure on him.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #579 on: May 16, 2016, 12:56:34 pm »

People of be OK with lynching:
ii
Ss
E
Maybe EgorK, depends on what I think when he posts more

People I'm not OK with lynching:
Pretty much anyone else, including Joseph.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #580 on: May 16, 2016, 01:11:13 pm »

Wait, really? I thought we had moved past this. Joseph looked scummy early on and got a big wagon on him, but then he improved and most people moved their votes away. At least that's what I thought. I honestly don't get why ADK and Awaclus are still arguing for his lynch. He's townie and has been helping the game ever since he got all that pressure on him.

I don't recall him being able to prove that he's town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 16, 2016, 01:11:47 pm »

e ii is either -e or about 1,7

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 16, 2016, 01:12:36 pm »

I honestly don't get why [...] Awaclus

better get used to that feeling

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 16, 2016, 01:13:50 pm »

Though really, @JReggie, what has Joseph done to make you townread him? Why is he out of your PoE?

Or is your PoE just scummy people?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #584 on: May 16, 2016, 01:17:09 pm »

Actually he hasn't even tried to say anything in his defense at all. Wow, he's, like, actually guaranteed to be scum now.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #585 on: May 16, 2016, 01:20:05 pm »

Actually he hasn't even tried to say anything in his defense at all.

true

Wow, he's, like, actually guaranteed to be scum now.

Not true, unfortunately. As you should know by now. Overconfidence is a sign of... mh, well, either inexperience or bias. Or of in-authenticity if it's faked.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #586 on: May 16, 2016, 01:25:53 pm »

Though really, @JReggie, what has Joseph done to make you townread him? Why is he out of your PoE?

He's been making helpful contributions to the thread. I don't always agree with him, but his posts are genuine and help us make progress finding scum.

Actually he hasn't even tried to say anything in his defense at all. Wow, he's, like, actually guaranteed to be scum now.

Ok yes I know arguing with Awaclus is pointless but no. Scum is just as likely if not more likely to defend themselves when under pressure. The fact that Joseph hasn't come out and said "this is why I'm town" is in no way a scumtell. His actions should speak for themselves. Which, in my opinion, they have.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 16, 2016, 01:41:31 pm »

He's been making helpful contributions to the thread. I don't always agree with him, but his posts are genuine and help us make progress finding scum.

really? More than me?

Can you provide a few examples?

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 16, 2016, 02:11:27 pm »

I don't think Joseph is town anymore.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #589 on: May 16, 2016, 02:11:55 pm »

Ok yes I know arguing with Awaclus is pointless but no. Scum is just as likely if not more likely to defend themselves when under pressure. The fact that Joseph hasn't come out and said "this is why I'm town" is in no way a scumtell. His actions should speak for themselves. Which, in my opinion, they have.

That's not true. Scum is more likely to avoid defending themselves because they know they have nothing going on for them. Town will surely defend themselves (and very convincingly so) because they know that they are innocent and that all the evidence suggests that to be the case.

Nobody's actions should speak for themselves. When you're town, it's difficult to find evidence that suggests that someone is scum. When you're scum, it's difficult to find evidence that suggests that you're town. That's why we should require people to find evidence to prove their own innocence, not to find evidence to prove other players' guilt — that way, scum has to do the difficult part and town doesn't, which gives scum a better chance to fail.

To provide you with a concrete example, look at RMM31. I asked Limetime to explain why he was town, he wasn't able to do it, and then he flipped scum. Then I asked Ichi to explain why he was town, he wasn't able to do it either, and then he flipped scum as well. It just is that simple.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 16, 2016, 02:15:17 pm »

That's not true. Scum is more likely to avoid defending themselves because they know they have nothing going on for them. Town will surely defend themselves (and very convincingly so) because they know that they are innocent and that all the evidence suggests that to be the case.

Nobody's actions should speak for themselves. When you're town, it's difficult to find evidence that suggests that someone is scum. When you're scum, it's difficult to find evidence that suggests that you're town. That's why we should require people to find evidence to prove their own innocence, not to find evidence to prove other players' guilt — that way, scum has to do the difficult part and town doesn't, which gives scum a better chance to fail.

To provide you with a concrete example, look at RMM31. I asked Limetime to explain why he was town, he wasn't able to do it, and then he flipped scum. Then I asked Ichi to explain why he was town, he wasn't able to do it either, and then he flipped scum as well. It just is that simple.

Okay, then explain why you're town.
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 16, 2016, 02:30:22 pm »

At this point, I don't think I would hammer Joseph, but I do want to hear from him more.  His reaction to the fake-hammer seemed genuinely town to me. 

I do like Awaclus's point, and would like Joseph to explain why he is town.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #592 on: May 16, 2016, 02:42:02 pm »

I could be wrong, Joseph could be scum.  It's more of a gut feeling.  I'm not going to hammer him, though. 

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 16, 2016, 02:42:40 pm »

I could be wrong, Joseph could be scum.  It's more of a gut feeling.  I'm not going to hammer him, though.

I wanted you to hammer e and get that hammering scum on your first day of mafia thing : /
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 16, 2016, 03:36:50 pm »

You forgot to mention all the cases where it didn't work. I can also just say lynch everyone whose name starts with an A and then point to lots of cases where it worked.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 16, 2016, 03:37:05 pm »

I'd have a better ratio, too.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #596 on: May 16, 2016, 03:44:35 pm »

You forgot to mention all the cases where it didn't work. I can also just say lynch everyone whose name starts with an A and then point to lots of cases where it worked.

RMM31 was the first game where I used this method and it had a 100% success rate.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 16, 2016, 04:01:32 pm »

RMM31 was the only game where I used this method and it had a 100% success rate.

FTFY
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 16, 2016, 04:02:57 pm »

RMM31 was the first game where I used this method and it had a 100% success rate.

and then you used it after that and now it doesn't have a 100% success rate anymore.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 16, 2016, 05:26:05 pm »

I don't intend to hammer Joseph, I still think he's probably town. 

I don't agree with Awaclus.  Just in principle, people don't have to do a million towny things to be town.  They just need to not do lots of scummy things.

In particular, this:
they are innocent and that all the evidence suggests that to be the case.
is just false.  It is not always the case that all the evidence points to townies being town.  Sometimes towny people do stupid things and it makes them look scummy. 

Anyhow, Joseph hasn't done that many outright scummy things.  He's done crazy stuff but nothing outright scummy.  I really don't think scum ever claims scum.

So yeah, summary, there has to be a better lynch than Joseph today.  I like my vote where it is.

Quit being pathetic and take a useful position.
Glad to know it's not just me you like to randomly insult.  :P  (just kidding, worry not)

But I do agree that II's despair was not helpful, glad you got him out of it.
So yeah I think town on PPS for that.  Scum would have been happy to encourage the desperation - even if II was his partner.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 21 queries.