Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #218: Tokens  (Read 1443 times)

StrangerSon712

• Steward
  • Respect: +21
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #218: Tokens
« Reply #50 on: Today at 02:40:02 pm »

Good judging!

I'm not sure you fully understand the drawback of Old Teacher. It's Pathfinding, but you get a copper with Buy in your deck for the trouble. If you gain it again, it only gets worse. You can say the junk isn't as big a deal as the gap between $6 and $8, but the "cost" is there.

Literati has some potential memory issues, but they aren't as common as you are thinking. It puts the card (that will be discarded later) on top of your deck immediately. This will sometimes cause memory issues when topdecking cards with $ or Actions, and very rarely cause ghost effects with Taskmaster or Cargo Ship (like Improve can), but I personally don't think those issues will come up often enough to present a significant problem. "Would discard from play" is used as an identifier to prevent topdecking Durations and thrones playing Durations.

I also added a link to the image inside the tool in my submission. I don't usually post images here so sorry that it didn't work.
« Last Edit: Today at 03:10:29 pm by StrangerSon712 »

Tiago

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: tserridge
  • Respect: +139
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #218: Tokens
« Reply #51 on: Today at 03:42:34 pm »
+1

Great judging!

A few comments on mine though: Surveil is absolutely not strictly better than Pathfinding. The simplest case is that your opponent is playing pure Big Money, while you have some Action cards. In this case Surveil is useless for you, way worse than Pathfinding. And there's some counterplay: you can get only a few copies of each card, as you would for Warlord, and then Surveil doesn't do that much. You can also use it to remove other players' Spy tokens, which you didn't even consider.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 22 queries.