Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 139  All

Author Topic: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Town Wins!)  (Read 329449 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #1500 on: December 09, 2015, 06:43:57 pm »

And, yes, this was my thought before looking to see who was on and off wagon.
This grabbed me earlier as I was skimming.  You're seriously claiming that you picked Egor, Amph, Hydrad and Teproc as lynchable before looking at the wagons?  Seems... unlikely.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

No, I mean, I thought: off-wagon is good.  Who is off-wagon (went back and looked); it's these people.

I'm not really sure what I think about this off-wagon idea. Its kind of arbitrary. Also, its rather convenient for you, since you were on-wagon.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #1501 on: December 09, 2015, 06:48:07 pm »

And, yes, this was my thought before looking to see who was on and off wagon.
This grabbed me earlier as I was skimming.  You're seriously claiming that you picked Egor, Amph, Hydrad and Teproc as lynchable before looking at the wagons?  Seems... unlikely.  Perhaps I'm misunderstanding you.

No, I mean, I thought: off-wagon is good.  Who is off-wagon (went back and looked); it's these people.

I'm not really sure what I think about this off-wagon idea. Its kind of arbitrary. Also, its rather convenient for you, since you were on-wagon.

By golly you've figured me out.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1502 on: December 09, 2015, 06:51:50 pm »

I wish!
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1503 on: December 09, 2015, 08:04:33 pm »

Ok. Then say what I did was scummy and show it and I will refute it. But I won't have a problem with it. But don't use the "he thought people would never think he would do this as scum" as a reason to vote. That isn't evidence. That is conjecture.

I am not saying people shouldn't analyze or be suspicious of anything I or others have done. That, as you say, is mafia.

Fair enough. I think our argument was mostly a misunderstanding as to what the other was saying. I do not suspect you the way Egor does, but I also don't think you are Obv!town now like I did before your erratic behavior. That is all I meant to say.

What are your thoughts on Day 1?

I don't know. Egork is still suspect. Someone brought up that we had two wagons get to L-1, three if you include me at L-2, yesterday so I would like to look at some wagons that might have started but got distracted by those bigger ones...

So I think egork fits that bill and a few others....

I agree. I also think that coming right out and voting you could have been a move that scum would make (at least, if you are town). I'm not sure, though. Suspecting you above everyone else could come from town, too. I mean look at Awaclus. Then there's the fact that I tried to get a lynch on Egor for most of the day yesterday and it never got any traction; that's always suspicious.

Do you have thoughts on Faust? He also got away with very little scrutiny yesterday.

Still wondering if Awaclus can talk. From my understanding of treestumps, he can, but he doesn't have to, and he doesn't get a vote. 

I imagine if he can talk, he'll probably say something like, "you guys need to lynch Yuma."

Sure EgorK could be town suspecting me. That is certainly very plausible. Town is perfectly capable of doing scummy things as well as scum... but right now I think pushing for my lynch out of the gates is scummy. But after seeing how Awaclus pushed for me without reason and disregarding my claim I would hope that other townies would have realized that doing so is scummy. If EgorK is town then he hasn't learned from Awaclus' mistake.

as for the treestump my reading of the role was that I kinda think that Awaclus was a treestump prior to being lynched. So I don't think his vote on me would have counted had it come to me being lynched.... so that could be an explanation for why he insisted on keeping his vote on me? He didn't want to expose that he was a treestump? I don't know. That isn't really a path I want to go down...

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1504 on: December 09, 2015, 08:11:33 pm »

I wonder why he appeared in the vote counts.  Maybe that's what "active" meant.. he'll appear to have a vote, but it won't actually count towards L.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1505 on: December 09, 2015, 08:17:44 pm »

I don't feel great about WW here.

Vote: WW
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1506 on: December 09, 2015, 08:21:53 pm »

You should; I'm great.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1507 on: December 09, 2015, 08:24:16 pm »

i could theoretically vote here. but i would need more than your "feels" to make any sort of judgement.

want to expand on you feels?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1508 on: December 09, 2015, 08:29:22 pm »

I have a lot of rereading to do.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile
« Reply #1509 on: December 10, 2015, 04:56:49 am »

24hour post for now.
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1510 on: December 10, 2015, 06:17:23 am »

i could theoretically vote here. but i would need more than your "feels" to make any sort of judgement.

Well, just looking at this day: The whole thing about looking off-wagon feels a bit constructed. You look at people off-wagon, and there are Ampharos, Egor, Hydrad. Ampharos and Egor were discussed lynch candidates D1 and Hydrad is kinda lurky. It sucks for scum if these players get a pass. And I don't really buy the narrative; sure, scum might think they can get a town-driven lynch in, and that's good. But they also might think "Awaclus really is scummy, so there's no harm in getting on that wagon." I don't see why it should be one over the other.

Plus, I really don't like how he just shrugs off everything with a joke/snarky comment. That's bullying people into not voting for him, when what he should be doing is convince them he is town.

That's just today; I think I will reread WW's D1 later on.

EgorK

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #1511 on: December 10, 2015, 06:21:58 am »

Hmm, I misremembered some things. Need to refresh my memory

Also, had anyone but yuma and Haddock ever encountered not getting PPE?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1512 on: December 10, 2015, 07:16:53 am »

Well, just looking at this day: The whole thing about looking off-wagon feels a bit constructed. You look at people off-wagon, and there are Ampharos, Egor, Hydrad. Ampharos and Egor were discussed lynch candidates D1 and Hydrad is kinda lurky. It sucks for scum if these players get a pass. And I don't really buy the narrative; sure, scum might think they can get a town-driven lynch in, and that's good. But they also might think "Awaclus really is scummy, so there's no harm in getting on that wagon." I don't see why it should be one over the other.

Plus, I really don't like how he just shrugs off everything with a joke/snarky comment. That's bullying people into not voting for him, when what he should be doing is convince them he is town.

That's just today; I think I will reread WW's D1 later on.

I'm trying to think of a snarky response to this.  I'll get back to you.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: M72: Marvel Heroes Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1513 on: December 10, 2015, 07:25:20 am »

Looking further at the "off-wagon" thing, this is how two of the suspects reaced to the wagon:

I'm okay with the Awaclus vote, but I don't think it would get us a whole lot.

well awaclus's lynch at worst gives us info on who has been defending him and stuff. So i think awaclus lynch here is ok also.

Egor did not post anything since the wagon started. That certainly does not seem like people trying to dissociate themselves from the Awaclus wagon...

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1514 on: December 10, 2015, 07:36:55 am »

Amaphoros is my top scum read as of right now. Does that mean much? No. But it's something.
Vote: Amaphoros
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1515 on: December 10, 2015, 07:39:00 am »

Can someone present to me the Amphoros case please?
He hasn't seemed scummy to me, even, like, at all.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Ampharos

• Scout
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 10, 2015, 07:39:05 am »

I was off-wagon because I didn't particularly thinking Awa was scum, and also didn't think we'd get too much from lynching him in terms of who was defending him/pursuing him, etc.

I was planning on doing a full read of him, but never had time to do it before the day ended.

I think EgorK is largely the same way.  The difference is we've had more people talk about him.  I still do not this he's scum, though.  He feels like one of those that would be too obviously scum.  Who knows, maybe he is obviously scum, but when someone sounds and looks like they're scum just by what they're saying, I find that is often evidence of a town person just kinda playing their own game. 

PPE:  RR you keep voting for me.  If you're going to keep doing that, at least back it up.  You just keep saying I'm your top read and then don't actually do anything besides vote.  Most of your latest posts have been like that.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 10, 2015, 08:37:05 am »

Looking further at the "off-wagon" thing, this is how two of the suspects reaced to the wagon:

well awaclus's lynch at worst gives us info on who has been defending him and stuff. So i think awaclus lynch here is ok also.

Egor did not post anything since the wagon started. That certainly does not seem like people trying to dissociate themselves from the Awaclus wagon...

Hm?  It's noncommittal and doesn't get much attention.  Goes along with public opinion without really doing anything. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: December 10, 2015, 09:29:30 am »

Hm?  It's noncommittal and doesn't get much attention.  Goes along with public opinion without really doing anything.

I thought your argument was that scum stayed off wagon for towncred. These posts do nothing to get that towncred; they could have as well voted for Awaclus.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 10, 2015, 09:33:20 am »

The idea is more of the staying-under-the-radar type.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 10, 2015, 09:34:38 am »

This argument is crazy.

Of course some scum stayed off the wagon for towncred.  I don't think anyone is suggesting that all the scum are onwagon.  That would seem bizarre.

It's almost certainly a little bit of both here. 
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 10, 2015, 09:39:12 am »

This argument is crazy.

Of course some scum stayed off the wagon for towncred.  I don't think anyone is suggesting that all the scum are onwagon.  That would seem bizarre.

I've been thinking about this. If we think scum was not all-on wagon, we should definitely lynch off-wagon, thoseare some great odds (1/3 for off-wagon people, 1/4 for others). The trouble is, all scum could have been on. Or only scum could have been on. This is the trouble with the Awaclus lynch, it's a lynch no one is ever going to be THAT against. So scum doesn't need to push it, but they won't be faulted for being on it (unless they're faust and don't usually go for obvious lynches).
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 10, 2015, 09:39:39 am »

Should say "only one scum could have been on" above.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 10, 2015, 09:41:15 am »

This argument is crazy.

It's not impossible.  Certain scum players (Ashersky for one) have specifically discussed and planned voting patterns in the scum QT to affect wagon analysis. 

PPEs

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 10, 2015, 09:43:42 am »

This argument is crazy.

It's not impossible.  Certain scum players (Ashersky for one) have specifically discussed and planned voting patterns in the scum QT to affect wagon analysis. 

PPEs

It's pretty rare to do it deliberately though. More importantly : due to the nature of the Awaclus lynch, it's very hard to tell where scum ended up. I don't think they are among the super decisive votes (Haddock and Roadrunner), but aside from that I can see all on and 2 off 1 one pretty easily (even 3 off, though I doubt that just because there's only three other people than me off-wagon).
Pages: 1 ... 59 60 [61] 62 63 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 17 queries.