Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Game over!)  (Read 230020 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: RMM47: Rewind Mafia 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #950 on: November 27, 2017, 08:53:30 pm »

We really need to resolve this frozen status people keep getting into. Any ideas?

Don't like this.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: November 27, 2017, 09:01:13 pm »

We really need to resolve this frozen status people keep getting into. Any ideas?

Don't like this.

I mean it is kind of a true statement. Do you think it is fishing?

Also, to this point, after reading the Caitlin Frost bio from Flash - it says that once she is part of Mafia that they have to choose an action at night. Meaning no factional kill on nights where she freezes people. Likelihood that they "recruited her" N1 and then no death today means that happened? I don't think it really matters that much just wanted it throw it out there.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: November 27, 2017, 09:01:39 pm »

I need to do some targeted rereads. Any suggestions?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: November 27, 2017, 09:04:19 pm »

My opinion on frozen: they are basically dead, but it makes it more and more difficult for town to lynch.  For example, If 5 town are frozen with 10 alive, that means that town cannot lynch, then scum start killing, then scum win.

I could be wrong.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: November 27, 2017, 09:07:14 pm »

Like, scum!killer frost can freeze someone, but doing so takes away the factional kill. If I were scum I would freeze every time.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: November 27, 2017, 09:11:36 pm »

Iguana!Schadd

I have reasons
real good. That’s how

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: November 27, 2017, 09:38:31 pm »

People I do not want to lynch:

Haddock
Galzria
Iguana
DatSwan
e
Space

Everyone else is lynchable I think.

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: November 27, 2017, 09:40:02 pm »

I guess we need to check RMM 3 and see what's up with Space. Assuming it's the role and not an item. (I didn't see an item that could do that.)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: November 27, 2017, 09:59:13 pm »

I guess we need to check RMM 3 and see what's up with Space. Assuming it's the role and not an item. (I didn't see an item that could do that.)

Okay, so, checking out RMM3, Space's alignment does not change.  Also assuming everything is the same, can vote, does not count towards the number of votes needed to lynch, and cannot be voted.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4679.msg133116#msg133116

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: November 27, 2017, 10:03:51 pm »

Iguana!Schadd

I have reasons

Meh.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: November 27, 2017, 10:05:03 pm »

Okay, so, checking out RMM3, Space's alignment does not change.  Also assuming everything is the same, can vote, does not count towards the number of votes needed to lynch, and cannot be voted.

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=4679.msg133116#msg133116

Also if i am reading correctly, this will be Spaces last day with us?

The does not count towards lynch Pool is odd. We have 2 frozen and space. So lowers Town voters today only by 1, not 2. Which is good
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: November 27, 2017, 10:06:51 pm »

Iguana!Schadd

I have reasons

Meh.

You asked man.

Think about this. We have claimed positions in draft 1-6. I know i am Town, so idk i guess re read me to take it more seriously first. That leaves one person unknown in the top third of he draft. I am saying check that player with the only know skum. Not really a horrible idea.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: November 27, 2017, 10:43:43 pm »

Don't like this.

I mean it is kind of a true statement. Do you think it is fishing?

Also, to this point, after reading the Caitlin Frost bio from Flash - it says that once she is part of Mafia that they have to choose an action at night. Meaning no factional kill on nights where she freezes people. Likelihood that they "recruited her" N1 and then no death today means that happened? I don't think it really matters that much just wanted it throw it out there.
Yes, I'm thinking fishing. Also, I did address the question Day 2, including a possible solution. He probably didn't read carefully, but the tone feels off to me.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: November 27, 2017, 10:46:44 pm »

My opinion on frozen: they are basically dead, but it makes it more and more difficult for town to lynch.  For example, If 5 town are frozen with 10 alive, that means that town cannot lynch, then scum start killing, then scum win.

I could be wrong.
In Flash, there was possibly a way to thaw people, but not confirmed as definitely in the game. In this game, there is the baseball bat item, but maybe no one got it.

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: November 27, 2017, 11:19:27 pm »

Aww you think I'm clever enough to go fishing, that's nice.

I don't remember you talking about this in D2 at all but to be fair I was AWOL for like 5 days of D2.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: November 28, 2017, 03:22:31 am »

Hey. Sorry that VLA was more total than I hoped it would be. Basement had flooded and had to spend virtually all my "free" time testing music and tech gear for damage, so internet fun time was basically non-existent, let alone still having all the normal business of Thanksgiving combined with a funeral the day before...

By the way, did anyone notice that I was on a posted VLA? You mean to tell me that I'm almost the default lynch because of "lurking" when I posted a couple days in advance and explained the circumstances for why I would have little to no access for the week? I know it isn't ideal to have to be VLA that long, but I really thought I'd be able to read and post a couple times more than what I did, but I was up front about possibly not having any time for the whole week...

I know it is easy for the average player to miss a VLA post that isn't announced in the game thread, but jumping on my wagon seems like a very easy way for scum to go with the flow, so like a single scum point to the people that were on my wagon within 24 hours of the deadline. Not going to weigh heavily on my reads, but I am just a hair more suspicious of those people now.

Game thoughts:
So I don't think Galz's claim was a good one for scum to make if it was a fakeclaim, even though I do think his draft order lie was somewhat scummy. If he's telling the truth, his time is limited anyway, so there is no reason for us to consider lynching him for a while pending possible night action info.

Datswan seems straight up towny, won't lynch.

chairs is scummy. Some posts have felt forced or something like that. Like he was uncomfortable and trying to say something for the sake of contributing--which isn't exactly scummy in and of itself--but it came across in a scummy way.

I might be mixing up details or misremembering since I just read 10ish pages and it's after bedtime, but I vaguely remember thinking something of e being scummy. I'll double check that read later.

I'm not sure how to read gkrieg's confusion at the start of today. It stuck out though, as if it should say something about his alignment. Like would scum gkrieg be confused by it contradicting his expectations of the resolution of night actions? If so, would he actually post something about that confusion without thinking it through? Probably not I think. Need to reread, but that was a weird moment.

People that stuck out as needing targeted rereads, haddock, ww, and EFHW. Haddock because other people seemed to have strong opinions; WW because he seems pretty active/possibly driving some conversations; EFHW because I really don't remember a ton of what they'd done before my VLA and just saw their name in this exchange with chairs and remembered they were in the game.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: November 28, 2017, 05:23:07 am »

I am strongly considering claiming now - I think it's a good time for me to do so.
Any objections?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: November 28, 2017, 07:48:32 am »

Your call.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: November 28, 2017, 07:51:47 am »

Your call.
True in general.  I'm going to wait a bit - who knows whether someone will have some weird reason why I shouldn't.  But I'll probably claim before the end of today (IRL).
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: November 28, 2017, 08:00:34 am »

I am strongly considering claiming now - I think it's a good time for me to do so.
Any objections?
nope
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: November 28, 2017, 08:01:54 am »

LA from Wednesday to Sunday.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: November 28, 2017, 08:04:08 am »

Iguana!Schadd

I have reasons

Meh.

You asked man.

Think about this. We have claimed positions in draft 1-6. I know i am Town, so idk i guess re read me to take it more seriously first. That leaves one person unknown in the top third of he draft. I am saying check that player with the only know skum. Not really a horrible idea.

The guy who asked is not the guy who said meh. I know it's a waste of time so I'm not really keen on you encouraging people to do it.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: November 28, 2017, 08:11:50 am »

Aww you think I'm clever enough to go fishing, that's nice.

I don't remember you talking about this in D2 at all but to be fair I was AWOL for like 5 days of D2.

We talked about it. People stay frozen for a day and a half, then die.

There is one role that exists in f.ds mafia that can unfreeze people. (Leonard Snart, and you were him, so its funny you forgot) Right now evidence points to that role not being in this game. If they are in the game they should most definitely not claim.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: November 28, 2017, 08:12:39 am »

Any objections?

Sure.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: November 28, 2017, 08:18:37 am »

I might be mixing up details or misremembering since I just read 10ish pages and it's after bedtime, but I vaguely remember thinking something of e being scummy. I'll double check that read later.

When you double check that read, look at the color of his name in the vote count.

e, you should stop letting people forget you are not IC.
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 20 queries.