Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 120  All

Author Topic: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia - Town Wins!  (Read 336646 times)

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
Re: M50: A Song Of Ice And Fire Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #950 on: September 16, 2014, 12:17:06 pm »

Checking in. Still catching up, you are to fast for me :)

Just skim, it's A LOT of setup talk.

Robz, any reads/non-setup thoughts?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 16, 2014, 12:18:49 pm »

Pretty sure it's Lick all Lollipops.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 16, 2014, 12:28:10 pm »

Well, if you never build cases on people, and if you never vote, we are going to have a hard time checking whether you are town or not. Flips and wagons are the strongest indicators of alignment, right?
where is this post coming from? I never said i'm not going to make cases on people. In fact, I already made a reread on someone and posted my opinion, but I turned out to have a town read on him as a result, and I plan to make more rereads on other people. my approach is, pick a target more or less random, reread him, if he is scummy, make a case.

To clarify this completely: I said that
-> I am not overly confident in my reads
-> It is more important for me not to be mislynched than to push cases

and that's all. I never said making cases is not important or that I'm not going to do it, all I said is that it's not quite as important as being honest and having a transparent image. this is a fact of minor importance that is only relevant in very few cases, and it doesn't even deserve or require much discussion, but for some reason you keep bringing it up.

Sorry if I was unclear. I was trying to incite you to be a bit more pushy when you vote for someone. Even if you are not overly confident on your reads, we want to hear them! I don't think you have done much scumhunting yet, but if you say that is going to change, I'll shut up.

Setup is behind us for D1. 3 days to the deadline, and we have to catch scum. Do you want to share your opinions?

PPE 3
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 16, 2014, 12:38:08 pm »

I find interesting that we've got 3 wagons that reached 3 votes and then stalled. The case on Pingpongsam and me (pacovf) reached that amount of votes slowly, while the wagon on Hydrad reached 3 votes really quickly and has been stalling since then.

I find it unlikely that we've lucked into 3 scum (especially since I am not scum myself), so this seems to indicate that scum is playing very cautiously here: either they are not voting (if we have to believe the townreads on some of the wagons), or they are loathe to have more than one scum in the same wagon. Otherwise, we would surely have reached 4 votes in at least one wagon, right?
pacovf has a neopets account.  It has 999 hours logged.  All his neopets are named "Jessica".  I guess that must be his ex.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 16, 2014, 12:39:48 pm »

pacov, would you mind quoting all of your posts from your QT?

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 16, 2014, 12:41:05 pm »

I would rather not quote all of them.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 16, 2014, 12:41:26 pm »

I find the idea that scum pushes a wagon collectively to be a myth, especially on day 1. So I'm not reading much into the wagons "stalling", if we can even say that yet.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 16, 2014, 12:43:32 pm »

How many scum do you expect to find on the wagon of a D1 mislynch, Teproc?

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 16, 2014, 12:47:33 pm »

How many scum do you expect to find on the wagon of a D1 mislynch, Teproc?

Depends on the kingdom.

I know it's a non-answer, but that's what it is.
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 16, 2014, 12:49:44 pm »

that's quite a scummy answer

Teproc

• Jester
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile
« Reply #960 on: September 16, 2014, 12:52:12 pm »

that's quite a scummy answer

I agree with pacovf here. The post I quoted way back was the most relevant to ash's case, and I suppose he could also quote the joke, but overall there was some discussion that might be best left in the QT for various reasons.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #961 on: September 16, 2014, 12:55:55 pm »

pacov, would you mind quoting all of your posts from your QT?

I guess you are reading Ash case on me, because you mentioned that you weren't convinced that it was bad. Unfortunately, I don't think it would be wise to share the QT discussion, so you will just have to choose whether you want to trust Ash, Teproc, or me, about what happened in there.

I will share the joke, because there's no reason not no (other than my personal opinion that jokes don't reveal alignment):

Sorry Ash is too busy chatting on the scum quicktopic :P

PPE 2

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #962 on: September 16, 2014, 12:58:36 pm »

I find Silver asking for this a little suspect. 

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #963 on: September 16, 2014, 01:06:39 pm »

I find Silver asking for this a little suspect. 
I already said that I'm not so sure ash's case is bad (as pacovf mentioned). I think asking to reveal all points of suspicion is pretty legit.

Unfortunately, I don't think it would be wise to share the QT discussion, so you will just have to choose whether you want to trust Ash, Teproc, or me, about what happened in there.

why not, teproc already posted a part of it without even asking you, and there might be scum in your QT. I feel like you think that continuing to ask this is scummy, and that's why I'd stop.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #964 on: September 16, 2014, 01:08:22 pm »

My "if there's scum in my QT" read has shifted from PPS to silver, and it's not entirely due to silver's recent posts. More PPS's. I think I'd lynch either, in addition to IG. But man, I need to re-read. Then I'll have a final lynch pool and will hop my vote around to the biggest wagon, barring amazing cases coming up.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #965 on: September 16, 2014, 01:09:45 pm »

Unfortunately, I don't think it would be wise to share the QT discussion, so you will just have to choose whether you want to trust Ash, Teproc, or me, about what happened in there.

why not, teproc already posted a part of it without even asking you, and there might be scum in your QT. I feel like you think that continuing to ask this is scummy, and that's why I'd stop.

No, feel free to keep asking this, but it was pointed out in the QT that sharing the discussion would be a bad idea. Otherwise I would have shared all the discussion right after Teproc quoted that post of mine.

This, by the way, is the main reason why I am annoyed by Ashersky's case.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #966 on: September 16, 2014, 01:10:15 pm »

My "if there's scum in my QT" read has shifted from PPS to silver, and it's not entirely due to silver's recent posts. More PPS's. I think I'd lynch either, in addition to IG. But man, I need to re-read. Then I'll have a final lynch pool and will hop my vote around to the biggest wagon, barring amazing cases coming up.
what? I haven't posted a single thing in the QT except the "byebye" post after requesting a house switch.

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #967 on: September 16, 2014, 01:13:52 pm »

This post is starting to raise my hackles a bit. You haven't provided an ounce of reads on me this entire game, and now seem to be preparing for a mislynch. This also makes me feel townier on silver--although he was starting to make me nervous.

Seriously though, I don't find that town!Voltaire acts this way towards me. This is much more like how you tried to kill me in dice mafia.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #968 on: September 16, 2014, 01:16:06 pm »

what? I haven't posted a single thing in the QT except the "byebye" post after requesting a house switch.

I'm not talking about our QT, I'm talking about the thread.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #969 on: September 16, 2014, 01:17:14 pm »

Robz, any reads/non-setup thoughts?

Not really! My only strong read is WW (town), and that's not even a read. There are a lot of people in this game, it feels like.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

pacovf

• Cartographer
  • Multiediting poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #970 on: September 16, 2014, 01:18:01 pm »

There are a lot of people in this game, it feels like.

...What?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #971 on: September 16, 2014, 01:18:19 pm »

I'm not talking about our QT, I'm talking about the thread.

fair enough, and do you have a reason for that? a few pages ago you had a town read on me.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #972 on: September 16, 2014, 01:18:55 pm »

Fun fact: I (nor any town player) do not have perfect reads. However, I am going to participate in trying to lynch scum today. Ergo, I will at times advocate for the lynching of town. It is not helpful if, every time I say I'd like to vote someone, you go "HOW DARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  >:( >:( >:(". I find OMGUS fairly townie but that doesn't change the fact that it's annoying and can be used as cover by scum.

Seriously, every time I've voted someone this game they've responded by being pissed off (except EgorK, who isn't really here) and stating they have a growing scum read on me.

Fix my reads, people, if you think (or know, if it's against you!) they're wrong.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #973 on: September 16, 2014, 01:19:16 pm »

well I wanted to reread XP next, but now it almost feels like I'm doing it to defend myself

Ichimaru Gin

• Minion
  • Interesting™
    • View Profile
« Reply #974 on: September 16, 2014, 01:19:54 pm »

Fun fact: I (nor any town player) do not have perfect reads. However, I am going to participate in trying to lynch scum today. Ergo, I will at times advocate for the lynching of town. It is not helpful if, every time I say I'd like to vote someone, you go "HOW DARE YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU  >:( >:( >:(". I find OMGUS fairly townie but that doesn't change the fact that it's annoying and can be used as cover by scum.

Seriously, every time I've voted someone this game they've responded by being pissed off (except EgorK, who isn't really here) and stating they have a growing scum read on me.

Fix my reads, people, if you think (or know, if it's against you!) they're wrong.
I just wish you'd say something more than, "I could lynch IG today"

Why?
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41 ... 120  All

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 16 queries.