Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161391 times)

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS
« Reply #1825 on: September 17, 2012, 10:58:04 pm »

Reading Robz' and ftl's QT makes my head hurt because it's so thoroughly poisoned for Galz.  My power caught Robz, by the way, not Morgrim.  Also, Dai Li flavour is less obvious than lightning flavour, especially with the Iroh fake claim!

Dsell's role doesn't make any sense.  I don't think you can effectively play to two different wincons on alternating days.

From flavour I managed to determine all of the different one-shots I had to a reasonable degree.  I wasn't certain about the three different Scanner abilities, but I knew it was investigative.  The Holoprojector was the one I was least sure about -- I thought it might be something I had to give to a fellow Star Wars character, with important info.  But I dropped that idea when it seemed like I was the only SW character.

But yeah, the person I caught was Robz.  I was OK with getting daykilled -- all part of the game.  Sorry for posting in the thread after I had died!

I was definitely raging that the town sort of just dropped that huge lead I gave you guys though.  Also, has nobody else watched Avatar?  My death flavour instantly jumped out to me as Earthbender.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: September 17, 2012, 10:58:42 pm »

jo, can you post all the cards O handed out and what they ended up doing?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: September 17, 2012, 10:58:58 pm »

Dsell's role doesn't make any sense.  I don't think you can effectively play to two different wincons on alternating days.

TELL ME ABOUT IT.

But it was really fun. ;D
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: September 17, 2012, 11:01:04 pm »

Reading Robz' and ftl's QT makes my head hurt because it's so thoroughly poisoned for Galz.  My power caught Robz, by the way, not Morgrim.  Also, Dai Li flavour is less obvious than lightning flavour, especially with the Iroh fake claim!

From flavour I managed to determine all of the different one-shots I had to a reasonable degree.  I wasn't certain about the three different Scanner abilities, but I knew it was investigative.  The Holoprojector was the one I was least sure about -- I thought it might be something I had to give to a fellow Star Wars character, with important info.  But I dropped that idea when it seemed like I was the only SW character.

But yeah, the person I caught was Robz.  I was OK with getting daykilled -- all part of the game.  Sorry for posting in the thread after I had died!

I was definitely raging that the town sort of just dropped that huge lead I gave you guys though.  Also, has nobody else watched Avatar?  My death flavour instantly jumped out to me as Earthbender.

Oh my God! It's really funny that the person I killed with the Dai Li is the one person in the whole game who was able to guess that. Nice detective work, eHal! You had me exactly figured out.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: September 17, 2012, 11:01:17 pm »

DSELL - Wanted to apologize for the post restriction, the second time you had it was a night I had no idea what to do with it and you had claimed liking the post restriction in another thread.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #1830 on: September 17, 2012, 11:01:52 pm »

Did you actually believe my doctor claim or not?

Yes. I actually had you down as some kind of insane doctor in my notes, but didn't think of Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 17, 2012, 11:02:26 pm »

With town dying so quick, SK would probably play pretty much the same as a town vig, right? Was there really a big difference in how you played on alternating days?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 17, 2012, 11:03:38 pm »

My final troll, with my role(s)!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1833 on: September 17, 2012, 11:03:49 pm »

DSELL - Wanted to apologize for the post restriction, the second time you had it was a night I had no idea what to do with it and you had claimed liking the post restriction in another thread.

Don't apologize! You were scum making life difficult for town...that's what you do. It was fun the first time but it did make communication a little difficult, and when I had a much easier form of communication in the neighborhood QT!

If I didn't have the QT I wouldn't have really had a problem just negating all my posts.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 17, 2012, 11:04:24 pm »

Oh my God! It's really funny that the person I killed with the Dai Li is the one person in the whole game who was able to guess that. Nice detective work, eHal! You had me exactly figured out.

ohhhhhhhh earthbending! I didn't even think of that!
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 17, 2012, 11:05:53 pm »

Also wondering how Morgrim was lynched.  He was most likely behind the arrow, and arrow is more likely vig flavour than than scum, IMO.

Morgrim didn't help at all though, literally asking to be lynched at one point.  Ha.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 17, 2012, 11:06:16 pm »

With town dying so quick, SK would probably play pretty much the same as a town vig, right? Was there really a big difference in how you played on alternating days?

I decided early on that I would attempt to play to a town wincon, but I was told I must play to a SK wincon when I was SK...it made for a bit of a catch-22 at the end.

What I was most worried about was killing a bunch of scum as SK and then accidentally making myself a permanent SK with a disadvantage.

Archetype, I'm sorry! After the whole daybussing scandal, the Mad Hatter looked really guilty!

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 17, 2012, 11:10:29 pm »

Yes. I actually had you down as some kind of insane doctor in my notes, but didn't think of Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde!

I mean, I knew I was responsible for O's "death", and was amazed I'd survived so many nights being out as a pseudo-cop to a mafioso. I figured I had to have been protected at least once in there and you kinda made sense.

I kept going back and forth on your alignment, which is hilarious considering your actual role!

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 17, 2012, 11:13:01 pm »

Archetype, I'm sorry! After the whole daybussing scandal, the Mad Hatter looked really guilty!

And unwittingly took me out, too.  Eh, we both ended up lying about our characters, but trying to stay alive and together at the same time was harder than I thought!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 17, 2012, 11:16:07 pm »

Oh, and I hated being from My Little Pony. Seriously. WTF.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1840 on: September 17, 2012, 11:16:50 pm »

Oh, and I hated being from My Little Pony. Seriously. WTF.

lol

i hated having to delete all my sarcastic posts and/or ones with swears in them!

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 17, 2012, 11:17:14 pm »

I mean, I knew I was responsible for O's "death", and was amazed I'd survived so many nights being out as a pseudo-cop to a mafioso. I figured I had to have been protected at least once in there and you kinda made sense.

I kept going back and forth on your alignment, which is hilarious considering your actual role!

Yeah, for real! I held in my roleclaim for as long as possible, especially since it was all a lie. Also, I'd considered roleclaiming Hiro from Heroes and saying killing me would rend a hole in time and space if things were ever looking bad for me. But things went pretty well.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 17, 2012, 11:27:35 pm »

Man I almost did a spit take all over my laptop when I saw Galz come in on D3 with the quote from the Mafia QT. It was like a perfect storm of screwing our team with theorel giving dead Axxle's luck potion to the one guy who can spy in on QT's (how did we not think to NK him??)

Though I was highly amused at how long Insomniac managed to stay alive after that.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 17, 2012, 11:32:54 pm »

Man I almost did a spit take all over my laptop when I saw Galz come in on D3 with the quote from the Mafia QT. It was like a perfect storm of screwing our team with theorel giving dead Axxle's luck potion to the one guy who can spy in on QT's (how did we not think to NK him??)

Though I was highly amused at how long Insomniac managed to stay alive after that.

Yeah why did Insom just not die that first time? Was he 1-shot lynchproof?

Looking at your QT, I was just barely too late in claiming doctor and framing theorel! It miiight have worked. Feeding the mafia half-true information at the end there was pretty fun. :>

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 17, 2012, 11:34:41 pm »

Scout -> Eevee (???) still not sure
Possession-> Insomniac, he did the actions of one person instead of them during the night
Some 3$ -> Eevee, He died so IDK
Counting house--> Cayvie, use 1-shot roles of dead people
Curse --> Insomniac

Curse would have been very powerful if I was going to be in a lylolike situation: Mislynch in 3 person, scum has no nightkill, I give curse and instahammer tomorrow and the likes.

I gave the curse to Insomniac because I had no town good reads other than Cayvie, who I didn't want to hedge too much into. I was 90% confident Insomniac was scum and 85% confident that curse would do something negative to him (which fortunately Joth obliged me with).

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1845 on: September 17, 2012, 11:36:24 pm »

Looking at your QT, I was just barely too late in claiming doctor and framing theorel! It miiight have worked. Feeding the mafia half-true information at the end there was pretty fun. :>

The first time Galz used his lynch cancel.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1846 on: September 17, 2012, 11:37:55 pm »

The first time Galz used his lynch cancel.

Oh weird. Idk how I never picked up on that.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1847 on: September 17, 2012, 11:38:51 pm »

jo, can you post all the cards O handed out and what they ended up doing?

Sure

Scout to Eevee - Name four people, I'll tell you if there's scum among them
Possession to Insomniac - You can see someone's role (not flavor or alignment) and decide their target for one night
Ambassador to Eevee (the night Eevee died) - Basically he could hang on to it and then play it on another card from O in order to give that card to two other people (returning it himself)
Counting House to cayvie - dug up unused town-aligned 1-shot powers from the dead
Curse to Insomniac - You become hated for one day/start with a vote on you

$4 + $6P +$3 +$5 + $0= $18P
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1848 on: September 17, 2012, 11:41:37 pm »

Scout -> Eevee (???) still not sure
Possession-> Insomniac, he did the actions of one person instead of them during the night
Some 3$ -> Eevee, He died so IDK
Counting house--> Cayvie, use 1-shot roles of dead people
Curse --> Insomniac

Curse would have been very powerful if I was going to be in a lylolike situation: Mislynch in 3 person, scum has no nightkill, I give curse and instahammer tomorrow and the likes.

I gave the curse to Insomniac because I had no town good reads other than Cayvie, who I didn't want to hedge too much into. I was 90% confident Insomniac was scum and 85% confident that curse would do something negative to him (which fortunately Joth obliged me with).

I was like "Oh man, Curse is free so if I make it too powerful it breaks the game!" But then I remembered I said you couldn't use the same card twice, so I didn't worry about it.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1849 on: September 17, 2012, 11:42:49 pm »

Also Cayvie, we would have lost and I would have lynched you if you hadn't posted your last ~5 or so posts in the neighbor thread, where you mentioned both recieving counting house and using draught of the living dead on me  ::)

well actually if you claimed during day you used draught I still probably would have lynched Theorel, but still..
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 19 queries.