Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 146058 times)

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 1)
« Reply #1000 on: July 16, 2021, 09:18:40 am »

Less than two days left. Slow day at work. gkrieg and scola are top wagons but not sure why we exile scola if he's gonna die anyway, so time for a gkrieg re-read to see if I support this exile or if I want to try and get another one going.

Day1:

Gkrieg feels off so far this game.  Too quiet.  /randomgutread

Scum!ash casting shade on gkrieg. Guess it doesn't mean much, since we already know if gkrieg is scum, he's different color scum than ash.

gkrieg isn't very active day one. He puts LL to L-2 which might be significant for those of us who think LL is scummy. At that point the LL wagon was only one vote ahead of the ADK wagon, so if gkrieg and LL were partners he probably would have voted for ADK to make the wagons even, at least I would have as scum, you bus when the wagon either isn't gonna go through or definitely is, deciding votes aren't usually busses, plus as far as I can tell he hadn't said anything about ADK all day so he could have voted wherever without contradicting himself. Still, that's a weak case even if we knew LL's alignment and its super weak if we only suspect it.

Vote: LaLight

I believe this is X-2

you of all people should know I'm town right now!

This is interesting. Why does LL say this? "you of all people" to me seems like he's reminding gkrieg of some non-public information they share.

gkrieg unvotes LL after his claim and proceeds to give town points to a lot of people some of whom are scum.

Then he and I argue about who is lurking more, and he hammers ADK, which is townie I think, but given the town's alternate wincon maybe slighlty less townie than it would normally be.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #1001 on: July 16, 2021, 09:37:05 am »

Day 2 starts with the cop result on math. We've talked about it extensively. I guess I disagree with the "town cop doesn't just come out with his first result" argument. It's sometimes the right play, and if he was basically a one-shot, which he implied, maybe the best play.

Also it's an argument first made by mathdude, who turned out to be scum, so... not sold on it, tbh.

I'm not finding any Day 2 quotes that seem worth pulling out. But the fact is math's "I'm a cylon cop too!" fake claim is a weird move. Like, what was his endgame if Jack flipped town? math isn't the kind of player who plays to keep himself alive one more day. He plays the long game. I think if he claimed Jack was a cylon he had some evidence that was true.

I think Jack is a better exile than gkrieg today.

Rereading gkrieg's day 2 with the knowledge that math was scum just gives me no desire to exile gkrieg today. Sorry, but I'm not seeing it.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 3)
« Reply #1002 on: July 16, 2021, 09:59:13 am »

faust, I just read about all the flooding in Berlin? Are you and yours okay? I’m sending you good thoughts.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: July 16, 2021, 10:15:06 am »

Vote Count 3.6

Jack Rudd (1): Glooble
scolapasta (2): MiX, Jack Rudd
gkrieg13 (2): Swowl, WestCoastDidds

Not Voting (4): scolapasta, Cylons, gkrieg13, EFHW

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to exile. Day 3 ends July 17, 2021, 08:15:00 am. This is in less than 22 hours.

faust, I just read about all the flooding in Berlin? Are you and yours okay? I’m sending you good thoughts.
Thank you, I am alright. The flooding hit mostly in the west of Germany really, all we got here was some quickly passing storms.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: July 16, 2021, 10:16:55 am »

Whew! Thank you, faust. I’m glad you’re okay.

I was voting for gkrieg because I was annoyed at him for shutting down the LL discussion. There isn’t a real wagon there…just two rather rando votes. I think my vote was actually much better placed on

Vote: Jack

I do not have a case on Jack other than math’s result, which was obviously suspect, but he did have investigative powers so not entirely based on nothing. Moreover, while I can’t point to anything Jack has done that is scummy, I also can’t point to anything that is helpful. I recognize that helpful/not helpful is not a terrible impressive decision calculus, but that is where I’m at. I know it can be hard to get into a game when you don’t know quite how to go about it, but I find his lurking to be exactly in line with his first game scumplay.

I am curious about Scola. It is clear that he will die if he doesn’t get some cure, so we either wake up tomorrow with a flip, or he is still here and we know that there is either another curing doc or he doses himself. I’m willing to wait that out because more information will be revealed than would be if he was exiled.

His predicament leads me to think a no exile day wouldn’t be the worst. I’m not sure enough yet to advocate for it, but if he town and he’s going to perish, I’d rather not get it wrong and misexile someone so that we find ourselves tomorrow with a much smaller set of green team.

I just don’t have a strong enough sense or anyone else to risk losing them. Swowl and EFHW are slightly shady to me but only in the sense that I don’t feel us towncoring as strongly as we have in the past. Gkrieg and Glooble are hot and cold in terms of activity, but are generally helpful when they are here. I decided when I became the admiral to trust MiX. Our choices of XOs have generally tracked together and I think are pro-town choices with the exception of Kobol which I now see as not at all helpful, but that wasn’t MiX’s fault.,

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1005 on: July 16, 2021, 12:36:56 pm »

I think I might agree with WCD here actually on Scola.

I think at this point, I would likely hammer just about anyone, as my reread didn't bring up much, in terms of who is scum. I think at this point, most people have been scum hunting because of the possible two teams, so I haven't really had a great way to see who is scum and who isn't.

Glooble or Jack would be my preferred exile, but I would also go for EFHW and Swowl.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: July 16, 2021, 12:37:20 pm »

Also I definitely won't be around for deadline. WAY too early for me.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: July 16, 2021, 12:57:31 pm »

@scola, can you say more about the getting sick mechanism? It sounds like you are saying you do have some percent chance of getting doses without getting sick.

As far as i know, i get sick any time i go out to get more doses.

But i can fill in getting doses - it's not a good idea to say what can cause that.

* fail

do you get sick when using said doses? like, when you try to cure someone with a dose.
Why would that happen?

@scola, Do have the choice not to go out?

No, they are two separate powers - one to go to irradiated area to try and get doses or separately, I can administer a dose, if I have one.

I was going to try to keep what blocks me to myself, but I think it's better to just say it. I fail if I get targeted that same night by a military person.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: July 16, 2021, 12:58:03 pm »

What other powers do you have, scola?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: July 16, 2021, 12:59:17 pm »

Also I was targeted by someone who's military first night.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: July 16, 2021, 01:02:48 pm »

MiX, yesterday you said you had it on good authority that Mix had the same power as gkrieg.

a) that proved to be wrong, or atl east not exactly the same from how math described (and had little reason to lie, I'd think)
b) you said you would say more today about it, but have not said a thing

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: July 16, 2021, 01:04:11 pm »

MiX, yesterday you said you had it on good authority that Mix had the same power as gkrieg.

a) that proved to be wrong, or atl east not exactly the same from how math described (and had little reason to lie, I'd think)

It's related to why I think you're scum.

I presume you weren't targeted by military last night then?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: July 16, 2021, 01:07:13 pm »

Is there a typo in here?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: July 16, 2021, 01:10:39 pm »

Is there a typo in here?

Ah, yeah - 2nd mix=math

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: July 16, 2021, 01:14:27 pm »

It's related to why I think you're scum.

I presume you weren't targeted by military last night then?

I was not.

I do think it's time for you to reveal more too, as we've kind of glossed over you. You're playing different than your usual MiX game, which you also did in Memento. And of course, you were scum there.

And somehow it feels you're slipping under everyone's radar (not necessarily as scum, but I've heard scummy / tpwny opinions on everyone, but for some reason none on you. Is it because your president? that actually feels backwards.

And while I was giving you some town cred for my pardoning math, of course you wouldn't do that as actual scum either. (in fact, as scum you would know for sure not to pardon, and in fact, you never really did seem to hedge in it)

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: July 16, 2021, 01:16:50 pm »

I am unlikely to be here at deadline, but will try to make sure to throw a vote in before then. Right now I'm considering MiX, EFHW, or maybe no exile (as my stronger scum reads are Dylan and/or LL). Maybe gloobie or swowl, not gkrieg, or WCD.

(WCD feels a weird case to me, as I read her as towny so far. BUT in the last few games, when I've read her as scum she's been town, so there is a case to be made that my WCD scum radar is flipped and a towny WCD is actually scum.)

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: July 16, 2021, 01:20:15 pm »

Yeah okay scola's scum.

So my thinking here is, we flip scola today, and if he flips scum, that's that, otherwise I claim tomorrow. Is that okay?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: July 16, 2021, 01:21:31 pm »

OK, there's the definitive Mix I know (and love).

Why am I scum? Just because I'm the first to even consider you?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: July 16, 2021, 01:21:48 pm »

i.e OMGUS lite.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: July 16, 2021, 01:27:51 pm »

i.e OMGUS lite.

That's what you did to me just now.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: July 16, 2021, 01:31:04 pm »

i.e OMGUS lite.

That's what you did to me just now.

Not exactly; your asking me to claim made me realize you've said very little and what you did was vague and without evidence (and a promise to say more tomorrow). Which is what you're doing now. Same as yesterday. Why not say more now like you said you would?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: July 16, 2021, 01:34:11 pm »

Claiming would be so much better if LL was here. I'm still saving it for when he arrives.

I might do it today but eeeeeeeeeeeeh it's not like exiling scola today matters, right?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: July 16, 2021, 01:53:01 pm »

Claiming would be so much better if LL was here. I'm still saving it for when he arrives.

I might do it today but eeeeeeeeeeeeh it's not like exiling scola today matters, right?

I would hammer scola, but if you really want to get a wagon going on him, you need to give us a little bit more to go off.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: July 16, 2021, 01:53:27 pm »

I think that is right. I really do think we get more information about scola if he isn't exiled and we see if he actually has cures he can use or if LL comes back if he is actually willing to help or if we have another doc. If he survives, he can tell us more or we can exile him. I honestly don't see much downside to giving him another night.  BUT...I know I miss things, so if there is a flaw in my thinking, please let me know.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: July 16, 2021, 01:55:47 pm »

Hmm, alright.

Can everyone say if you townread or scumread scola? You can take into account my "information" or not, up to you.

Other than scola, I'm a fan of not exiling.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.