Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 146052 times)

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #775 on: July 07, 2021, 03:42:14 pm »

And I'm not sure ash would out himself as a 3rd party in your QT. Wasn't he all about exiling confirmed third parties in S1?

FOUND IT (emphasis mine):

Survivor won with mafia, as foretold.

Always, always, always exile claimed 3rd party immediately.

So, tell me again, how ash claimed 3rd party to you?

I'll get to this and following stuff within the next hour
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: July 07, 2021, 03:47:11 pm »

It also doesn't seem right to me that Cylon Extremists would be Survivors... that doesn't seem quite "extreme" enough. i.e. Extremists usually wan t to eliminate some ideology (or in thus case, maybe faction or species, or all military, etc.)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: July 07, 2021, 03:48:12 pm »

Math, why didn't you claim the QT thing SoD2?

Same reason I didn't claim result on Jack SOD2... the moment I logged in, I was under fire from gkrieg's result on me, which we finally now are fairly certain only detects species. If I claimed result on Jack right away, it would probably have put me more under fire (and cop result of unknown value i would rather have waited another day or two to claim to try and figure it out).

So also if i mentioned a connection to ash right after it was said I'm a Cylon... I just didn't want to raise more alarms. I was hoping the result on me would blow over when it would be seen that it's likely just detecting species. In hindsight, maybe I should have shared this ash QT right away (I don't regret holding onto the Jack result... that was the right move).

This is not true.

Wow, lots going on. First thoughts...

Dual alignment seems weird. Ash being the only death at night, being non-town, likely means it's not his faction who killed him. So either Vig or other scum-type group. Ash's alignment does seem scummy though, but they didn't kill. Do they not have a kill or was a doctor, RB, or something else effective?

There's a lot to respond to. I will try to get to some of it tonight. I'll be fully caught up tomorrow.

Vote: mathdude

Your first post was before gkrieg's first post.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Night 1)
« Reply #778 on: July 07, 2021, 03:50:24 pm »

I will probably post a barrage of responses to specific posts over the next couple hours, since there's a lot I want to reply to. They are responses specific to the quoted posts, but with an awareness of everything that has been posted to date.

Damn, the one game I was agreeing with ash, and he dies...I guess it makes sense he didn't flip town, but still.

I would like everyone that used a Vigil ability to claim as such. I didn't.

It makes sense ash didn't flip town, and you were agreeing with him... because you're aligned with him?

And you want everyone to claim whether they used Vigil ability because... it helps town? It helps your faction? Or helps your personal character arc?

I will say I didn't. But I won't say whether I could have or not.

So we're all on the same page, this is math's post after he's caught up, and he made a bunch more after that. This was way before gkrieg revealed his result.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: July 07, 2021, 03:58:27 pm »

There are also a bunch of posts after I voted for mathdude and before I claimed my result on him.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #780 on: July 07, 2021, 03:58:50 pm »

Oh that’s what MiX said…

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: July 07, 2021, 04:24:11 pm »

Dylan, I understand your line of thought, but I have it on good word that math does have gkrieg's ability. So he's not faking that.

Don't fully trust me on this, but yeah. He probably just didn't copy that because the wording was too different.

I suggest trusting me right now.

The fact that you can verify my role gives me a little more confidence.

I do want to be clear though that my role does not tell me I would find out if they are Cylon or not. It doesn't even give me that.

Alright: so in the end, it's not the same power as gkrieg's. But it is similar in outcome?

MiX, if your play and questions didn't sound like town genuinely trying to figure things out since you said trust me, this would make me very skeptical about you. Since you have sounded townier, it mainly makes me question your source's credibility/honesty/loyalty if it was something like a QT with another player rather than mod-revealed info through a power. And if that's the case, I'm not sure keeping the source hidden is pro-town. Not telling you what to do, but just my thoughts.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: July 07, 2021, 04:33:46 pm »

And I'm not sure ash would out himself as a 3rd party in your QT. Wasn't he all about exiling confirmed third parties in S1?

FOUND IT (emphasis mine):

Survivor won with mafia, as foretold.

Always, always, always exile claimed 3rd party immediately.

So, tell me again, how ash claimed 3rd party to you?

There was some preliminary talk of game setup, comparison to round 1, then getting into admiral and president roles.

But relating to the 3rd party claim...
He started by expressing interest into the cylon/human species stuff, and I shared that I had some kind of investigative role but didn't know what it did. He then said he needed to figure out who his partner/s was, to be able to connect and coordinate votes to get an extra vote. All he knew was that the other/s was Cylon, and that when he is targeted by a partner, he would be informed. But he wanted to figure out who they might be and signal in game.

Towards the end of D1, I questioned whether he was 3P (since earlier he had denied being scum), and he said yes. He said he had to connect with the partner and outlast a few characters to win, but wouldn't tell me the names of who he had to survive past... I assume they would be flavour-wise strongly against extremists? As far as I know, that extra vote was the only thing available to him to help, though either he or his faction likely had more useful powers.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #783 on: July 07, 2021, 04:35:37 pm »

Dylan, I understand your line of thought, but I have it on good word that math does have gkrieg's ability. So he's not faking that.

Don't fully trust me on this, but yeah. He probably just didn't copy that because the wording was too different.

I do want to be clear though that my role does not tell me I would find out if they are Cylon or not. It doesn't even give me that.

Alright: so in the end, it's not the same power as gkrieg's. But it is similar in outcome?

MiX, if your play and questions didn't sound like town genuinely trying to figure things out since you said trust me, this would make me very skeptical about you. Since you have sounded townier, it mainly makes me question your source's credibility/honesty/loyalty if it was something like a QT with another player rather than mod-revealed info through a power. And if that's the case, I'm not sure keeping the source hidden is pro-town. Not telling you what to do, but just my thoughts.

My intel was wrong. Lol.

I will most likely expand on this D3.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: July 07, 2021, 04:37:34 pm »

You want MiX to trust you, but you are still holding back part of your role, apparently. What is the relevance of you trusting him?

I'm not holding back anything. I've shared all I know about my role.

Do you guys like all asking the same question? Do you want me to just keep saying the same thing over and over? If I change 1 word in my 4th time answering the same question, does that lead to "his story isn't the same.. he's scum!"??

Or do people just not read everything before posting a question that has been answered multiple times? I get that it's an odd answer. But I can't make this stuff up.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: July 07, 2021, 04:41:09 pm »

Math, why did you not out your QT with ash SoD2?

Math, what's your power related to XOs?

You haven't answered the second question, and I pulled up some posts regarding the first question, so, can you clarify what happened SoD2, from your perspective?

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: July 07, 2021, 04:42:26 pm »

Makes Ash sound at least potentially like a traitor yeah?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #787 on: July 07, 2021, 04:43:47 pm »

From what I understand, if math's telling the truth, all of the cylon extremists are separated like this, and they need to find each other. That's my theory right now.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: July 07, 2021, 04:50:21 pm »

Why would you even have a QT with ash on the first place?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #789 on: July 07, 2021, 04:53:13 pm »

I was gonna point this out before - that last game I also had a perma QT for the game with Ash and neither of us really knew why (flavor best guess). There were even posting restrictions regarding it. Maybe it is something he carries game to game with the char he has.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #790 on: July 07, 2021, 04:54:07 pm »

From what I understand, if math's telling the truth, all of the cylon extremists are separated like this, and they need to find each other. That's my theory right now.

Possibly, although a traitor that has their own thing going on until recruited could make some sense too. Although usually targeting a traitor with the nk is how you recruit them, so if scum shot ash, I would have expected a traitor to be recruited, not killed. Unless it was less of a recruit and more of an "activate," which would sound similar to something from season 1.

If the extremists are separated and need to signal each other but each can move the cylons vote independently, maybe one or more of the votes were meant to indicate "I, the person that just got voted for randomly" am one of you. Didn't someone completely random, like swowl, get that vote on them at one point today?

ppe 2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #791 on: July 07, 2021, 04:56:40 pm »

One of the weirdest parts of this is Ash just claiming all of that to you. That seems like the least Ash thing ever. Not saying he didn't or that you're lying, mathdude, but I just feel like there has to be a reason he would have trusted you with all that info, and in any case I don't see 3rd party Ash trusting town with that...

I was gonna point this out before - that last game I also had a perma QT for the game with Ash and neither of us really knew why (flavor best guess). There were even posting restrictions regarding it. Maybe it is something he carries game to game with the char he has.

Did Ash do anything like claiming all that stuff at any point in season one in that QT, but especially D1, if you can talk about it?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #792 on: July 07, 2021, 04:57:25 pm »

What were your character's flavors? What was the posting restriction?

Possibly, although a traitor that has their own thing going on until recruited could make some sense too. Although usually targeting a traitor with the nk is how you recruit them, so if scum shot ash, I would have expected a traitor to be recruited, not killed. Unless it was less of a recruit and more of an "activate," which would sound similar to something from season 1.

If the extremists are separated and need to signal each other but each can move the cylons vote independently, maybe one or more of the votes were meant to indicate "I, the person that just got voted for randomly" am one of you. Didn't someone completely random, like swowl, get that vote on them at one point today?

ppe 2

That's a good theory. But why listen to what I have to say then? As a smokescreen?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #793 on: July 07, 2021, 05:02:15 pm »

Math, why didn't you claim the QT thing SoD2?

Same reason I didn't claim result on Jack SOD2... the moment I logged in, I was under fire from gkrieg's result on me, which we finally now are fairly certain only detects species. If I claimed result on Jack right away, it would probably have put me more under fire (and cop result of unknown value i would rather have waited another day or two to claim to try and figure it out).

So also if i mentioned a connection to ash right after it was said I'm a Cylon... I just didn't want to raise more alarms. I was hoping the result on me would blow over when it would be seen that it's likely just detecting species. In hindsight, maybe I should have shared this ash QT right away (I don't regret holding onto the Jack result... that was the right move).

This is not true.

Wow, lots going on. First thoughts...

Dual alignment seems weird. Ash being the only death at night, being non-town, likely means it's not his faction who killed him. So either Vig or other scum-type group. Ash's alignment does seem scummy though, but they didn't kill. Do they not have a kill or was a doctor, RB, or something else effective?

There's a lot to respond to. I will try to get to some of it tonight. I'll be fully caught up tomorrow.

Vote: mathdude

Your first post was before gkrieg's first post.

Ok  you're right. Apparently my memory isn't as good from 7 days ago. My first post there was a quick check-in... I hadn't read everything carefully yet. I'd consider my first post the next morning as my first real post of the day.

But as you and gkrieg have both pointed out, I apparently want immediately "under the gun" - I just had his vote on me at first. Still, it was fairly early that he posted the result, and I wasn't planning to post my "cop" result until I knew more.

As for not revealing ash neighbour thing... I just didn't.  I was interested in figuring out the vote from Cylons the day before, based on what I knew, but then their vote started going weird, and I was defending myself against a useless "cop" result, and MiX was showing interest in the votes and I was just too busy to get back to the Cylon votes. I'm still hoping to look into them more N2 now and into tomorrow, if MiX lets me live another day.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #794 on: July 07, 2021, 05:13:00 pm »

You haven't answered the second question, and I pulled up some posts regarding the first question, so, can you clarify what happened SoD2, from your perspective?

I don't think it's helpful to share my XO power with you... whether I stay alive or not. I've shared a few hints, but I won't share any more. You already seem to have a lot of power... your PRs and the presidency role. I sure hope you're town, but if you're not, I don't want you to know (also, if you're not town, I think this is all pointless banter, as you've already decided to let me die then... and you're just using it to try to get more info for yourself).
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #795 on: July 07, 2021, 05:13:31 pm »

I don't think it's helpful to share my XO power with you... whether I stay alive or not. I've shared a few hints, but I won't share any more. You already seem to have a lot of power... your PRs and the presidency role. I sure hope you're town, but if you're not, I don't want you to know (also, if you're not town, I think this is all pointless banter, as you've already decided to let me die then... and you're just using it to try to get more info for yourself).

What's the point of keeping your power hidden to the grave?

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #796 on: July 07, 2021, 05:14:40 pm »

I don't know. I received a link to it at the start of D1.

Maybe that was his 1-shot or 2-shot power? No idea.
he/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #797 on: July 07, 2021, 05:22:29 pm »

I don't know. I received a link to it at the start of D1.

Maybe that was his 1-shot or 2-shot power? No idea.

It's most likely his passive. I think that's how the viper QT was handled.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #798 on: July 07, 2021, 05:26:57 pm »

What's the point of keeping your power hidden to the grave?

Obviously I'm having a hard time coming up with a fake claim for it!

LOL just kidding.

I have no idea if you're keeping me alive or not. If you do keep me and you're scum (a combination I think is unlikely), then that gives you too much power. I'd rather you never know the details. If you do keep me around, I'll probably ask opinions publicly before I use it.
he/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #799 on: July 07, 2021, 05:33:16 pm »

One of the weirdest parts of this is Ash just claiming all of that to you. That seems like the least Ash thing ever. Not saying he didn't or that you're lying, mathdude, but I just feel like there has to be a reason he would have trusted you with all that info, and in any case I don't see 3rd party Ash trusting town with that...

Did Ash do anything like claiming all that stuff at any point in season one in that QT, but especially D1, if you can talk about it?

Swowl, did you switch characters?

I wonder then if ash (as chief) always has a QT with some version of number 8. (you were Boomer S1, no?)
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.071 seconds with 21 queries.