Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75  All

Author Topic: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Postgame)  (Read 146058 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: RMM61: Battlestar Galactica - Season 2 (Day 2)
« Reply #625 on: July 05, 2021, 03:28:43 pm »

Gkrieg: why do you think cylons are scum this game?

Until you answer that question your claim is a big nothing burger

If cylons are not scum this game, then my powers just help my character arc goal and are not helpful to town.

I really don't want to exile gkrieg or math today. I like exiling Jack because I think they have been scummy, not just because they are a cylon (per math).

I really think all the human vs cylon stuff is a big distraction for town that scum can easily hide behind (reference lalight's vote).

I am more than happy to give that discussion time to marinate (I would even be willing to no-exile today) rather than exile someone based on cylon vs human
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: July 05, 2021, 03:32:31 pm »

Dylan, Didds, and pasta: why are you voting for math?

Given that gkrieg is making broad assumptions about alignment based on very limited information provided by his character arc rather than actual alignment investigation, do you see yourself changing your vote?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: July 05, 2021, 03:33:43 pm »

Again, not sure that gkrieg is scum, but I just don't think that gkrieg's conclusions are merited

Jack Rudd

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jack Rudd
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: July 05, 2021, 03:38:24 pm »

I don't think I'm a Cylon because nothing in the character information I've been sent suggests to me I'm a Cylon. What else is there to say?

Vote: Mathdude
Centuries later, archaeologists discover the remains of your ancient civilization.

Evidence of thriving towns, Pottery, roads, and a centralized government amaze the startled scientists.

Finally, they come upon a stone tablet, which contains but one mysterious phrase!

'ISOTROPIC WILL RETURN!'

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: July 05, 2021, 03:39:30 pm »

I think gkrieg should fully explain why he is sure math is scum. Cops always try to get a second use of their power after they find scum, but that's not great strategy for town, I think.

Why would it be not great for town to get a second shot out of a cop?
Because it doesn't work out.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: July 05, 2021, 03:40:28 pm »

I don't think I'm a Cylon because nothing in the character information I've been sent suggests to me I'm a Cylon. What else is there to say?

Vote: Mathdude
You don't get told which yiu are.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: July 05, 2021, 03:42:57 pm »

Whoever moved the cylon vote is toying with us. I don't have a good theory as to why, but voting gkrieg seems like it's baiting us to vote math. So I say let's do it. I have no reason to scumread the cylon vote anyway.

I do doubt that cylons voting gkrieg implies that they want gkrieg dead. Unless something very funny is happening. Which is now what I hope is true.

Why do you think the cylon vote is not anti-town?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: July 05, 2021, 03:44:32 pm »

Hmmm…the “cylons” don’t want Math to get exiled. That seems like a good reason to keep my vote where it is. I’m super wary of the “cylons” vote generally. If gkrieg is, in fact, a cylon detector they don’t seem to like that much. But who’s gonna join a wagon started by the “cylons”?? Oh wait, Math did.

This is what I'm thinking. We don't know how the cylons vote works, but it is obviously not townie. At best it is something that is not being actively controlled, at worst, it is being controlled by a non-town faction.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: July 05, 2021, 03:49:50 pm »

Hmmm…the “cylons” don’t want Math to get exiled. That seems like a good reason to keep my vote where it is. I’m super wary of the “cylons” vote generally. If gkrieg is, in fact, a cylon detector they don’t seem to like that much. But who’s gonna join a wagon started by the “cylons”?? Oh wait, Math did.

I did. At this point, I'm scrambling. I don't know where to go. My main hope at this point is that MiX might actually cancel the exile if it goes through.

I think it's time to claim, at least partially. I really don't want to, and I think it should be obvious why (based on my previous posts). But I don't think I have any other choice.

I seem to have a similar power to gkrieg, which is why I was so skeptical of him when he first posted his result on me. I have the ability to investigate people as well, and I chose Jack last night. My result came back as "cylon".

As we've discussed with gkrieg's result on me, no indication of species or alignment. That's just what I read told - Jack is cylon.

So why do 2 people have similar roles? Are we both detecting species? Both alignment (I know not this, because gkrieg couldn't get me as cylon then)? Or one of each? Or do we function in a weird way like the cylon detector from last round?

Ok, just got to this claim. Not sure how to react to it actually. This does sound similar to my role, but that really just makes the role kind of useless I think? Unless turning points can cause alignment switches of cylons?

Do you have any qualifier to your investigation ability? Or do you just detect if someone is a Cylon?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: July 05, 2021, 03:50:36 pm »

I wanted to vote gkrieg after his vla post without responding to anything. Maybe Cylons felt the same way.

I mean, it was a holiday, and I was just popping in to say that I wouldn't be responding to anything that day.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: July 05, 2021, 03:51:54 pm »

I think gkrieg should fully explain why he is sure math is scum. Cops always try to get a second use of their power after they find scum, but that's not great strategy for town, I think.

I am waiting for a response to this.

Already gone over this, basically my powers are not useful if math is town.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: July 05, 2021, 03:56:32 pm »

vote: math, X-2

it seems to me like math had a fakeclaim that is similar to gkrieg's tole and that's where confusion came from
also i believe gkrieg isn't telling something to us. seems improvable to me that he just got the cylon result and decided to claim and vote for the person

I could hard shift to exiling LaLight if there is interest.

These posts are an ultimate example of not-too-involved scum (tracking the limited access) who felt the need to justify a vote more than they needed to.

i have the WORST hangover. i am not too involved
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: July 05, 2021, 04:06:18 pm »

I don't appear to be a Cylon this time around, although of course I could be a sleeper agent.
How would you know you don't appear to be a Cylon?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: July 05, 2021, 04:14:15 pm »

Also, I have to either (1) accept that Cylons aren't scum this game, AND (2) my powers are just not very useful, AND (3) that another townie (math) has my exact same ability, AND (4) that math copped someone who was a Cylon, AND (5) that I happened to cop math (the one out of 14 people with my same ability), all of which must have fairly low odds. I mean, even the chance that we both cop Cylons, has to be about 40% (just guessing that it is lower than 50%), along with the very low chance of (3) and (5).

I think the chance of all of those things happening is just too low, where on the other hand, math is just scum, which has a much higher chance.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: July 05, 2021, 04:16:17 pm »

I do kind of think both math and gkrieg are town.

I think gkrieg is misguided in his "all cylons are scum" stance that led him to vote math, but that still feels like a town read

So do you think that Cylon/non-Cylon is completely irrelevant for alignment?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: July 05, 2021, 04:25:56 pm »

Thank you faust!

This experiment told me I hate time zones and also that each day is a week long. So, yeah.

Jack and math, two cylons, fighting it out. Cool.

Also the fact that we have Cylon vs. Cylon right now, shouldn't that mean that we should vote out math, to see if Cylon/non-Cylon is relevant to alignment before voting out the person math investigated? If we vote out Jack, we don't really get the information on whether Cylons are scum. Math could be lying scum.

If we instead flip Math, if he is town, we see that Cylons are not necessarily scum, which means his result on Jack is similarly not indicative of alignment.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: July 05, 2021, 04:27:34 pm »

<snip>

If anything, I prefer exiling gkrieg over math right now given info we have

Why?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: July 05, 2021, 04:28:04 pm »

I do kind of think both math and gkrieg are town.

I think gkrieg is misguided in his "all cylons are scum" stance that led him to vote math, but that still feels like a town read

So do you think that Cylon/non-Cylon is completely irrelevant for alignment?

For this iteration, for general town/scum, yes. Ashersky's flip felt like a third party that is necessarily cylon, but just for town vs scum, I think cylon/human is irrelevant

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: July 05, 2021, 04:31:11 pm »

<snip>

If anything, I prefer exiling gkrieg over math right now given info we have

Why?

Just gut reading all of maths responses. Really, I don't want to exile either of you

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: July 05, 2021, 04:40:32 pm »

Also, I have to either (1) accept that Cylons aren't scum this game, AND (2) my powers are just not very useful, AND (3) that another townie (math) has my exact same ability, AND (4) that math copped someone who was a Cylon, AND (5) that I happened to cop math (the one out of 14 people with my same ability), all of which must have fairly low odds. I mean, even the chance that we both cop Cylons, has to be about 40% (just guessing that it is lower than 50%), along with the very low chance of (3) and (5).

I think the chance of all of those things happening is just too low, where on the other hand, math is just scum, which has a much higher chance.

(1) there are most likely some cylon scum
(2) that would fit a narrative where both you and math are town
(3) see point 2 about your power being weaker than you thought
(4) Jack was a cylon last game plus recieved pressure D1, the "odds" are skewed, but would just have to ask math reasons behind the investigation
(5) why did you investigate math?

I think it is entirely plausible you are both town

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: July 05, 2021, 04:46:22 pm »

So much going on! Holy smokes!

I’m just getting back from the holiday weekend, so I’m not fully up to speed just yet, but I’ll have time to catch up this evening.

classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: July 05, 2021, 05:05:27 pm »

vote: math, X-2

it seems to me like math had a fakeclaim that is similar to gkrieg's tole and that's where confusion came from

If I needed to fake claim, I'm sure I could come up with something better than "that's my power too". A 1 vs. 1 makes sense at Ex-Lo or similar... not D2.

Now I'm not saying this is 1 vs. 1. It's just weird that 2 of us seem to have the same power. Especially since I know at least gkrieg's isn't detecting alignment.

To me, this definitely seems like there's something weird going on with investigations, similar to but different than round 1

PPE 4
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: July 05, 2021, 05:12:50 pm »

If cylons are not scum this game, then my powers just help my character arc goal and are not helpful to town.

Again, given my exposure round 1 and now round 2, I think this is very possible. If mine detects species, that helps my arc more than alignment this round.

Can you imagine designing a game where everyone had multiple powers that all help alignment? That would be hard to balance. Giving the arcs and the species helps spread out the powers, I think.
he/him

mathdude

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: July 05, 2021, 05:15:04 pm »

I really don't want to exile gkrieg or math today. I like exiling Jack because I think they have been scummy, not just because they are a cylon (per math).

I really think all the human vs cylon stuff is a big distraction for town that scum can easily hide behind (reference lalight's vote).

I am more than happy to give that discussion time to marinate (I would even be willing to no-exile today) rather than exile someone based on cylon vs human

It may end up going no-exile anyway, depending on what MiX thinks of the popular vote.
he/him

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: July 05, 2021, 05:22:25 pm »

Mathdude: what do you think about your current wagon? Do you think Dylan, Didds, or pasta are scum who just hopped on an investigative result because it is an easy thing to do?
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 75  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 17 queries.